• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

XIII?

Lightning Returns?

XIII is pretty much FFX only with slightly more likable characters... (very slightly) and prettier corridors. I preferred XIII's combat as well.

Not played Lightning Returns outside of the demo but not having Tidus or Wakka automatically makes it a better game

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've never played a Final Fantasy game before.

My gaming predicament :-

There's nothing on PS4 that's really grabbing me at the moment (although I'm enjoying Child of Light via remote play and might try Transistor when I'm done)

I'm loving Smite and Hearthstone - they're both really deep, rewarding and social and are putting to shame most of the console games I'm playing.

I've had my Vita a long time now and have pretty much exhausted everything that isn't a JRPG, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that if I want to play something deep and involving I'm just gonna have to go for it. I don't feel comfortable with Dragon's Crown 's depiction of women and I thought Muramasa stank. Everyone knows I couldn't get into Persona so I'm trying to find a compromise. I'm willing to spend cash money.

Vashetti

Banned

There's nothing on PS4 that's really grabbing me at the moment (although I'm enjoying Child of Light via remote play and might try Transistor when I'm done)

I'm loving Smite and Hearthstone - they're both really deep, rewarding and social and are putting to shame most of the console games I'm playing.

I've had my Vita a long time now and have pretty much exhausted everything that isn't a JRPG, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that if I want to play something deep and involving I'm just gonna have to go for it. I don't feel comfortable with Dragon's Crown 's depiction of women and I thought Muramasa stank. Everyone knows I couldn't get into Persona so I'm trying to find a compromise. I'm willing to spend cash money.

Buy FFX/X-2 HD for Vita. It's a wonderful port. Looks stunning, plays beautifully.

It's an RPG classic.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Buy FFX/X-2 HD for Vita. It's a wonderful port. Looks stunning, plays beautifully.

It's an RPG classic.

I'll check it out when I get in. Might go mad and get Toukiden too depending on how frightened I am of debt.

....and another day done.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea Ice-9 in the Zero Escape series was a reference to Vonnegut. I really need to get into his work, but first Lolita.

Ah, man. Vonnegut has got such a distinct, warm and easy authorial voice. It's always a pleasure to read his writing. It's often like reading a letter from an old friend.

I think The Grateful Dead set up a publishing company called Ice-9, too.

Pookmunki

Have you thought of trying one of the Ys games? PSP or Vita. They are like a fast paced Zelda but can be finished in a timescale that doesn't outstay their welcome.

Oh and hi BritGaf, been a while again. Wife is 7days overdue with our second so it's all been a bit crazy. Hope you're all good.

Nine Inch Nails last night. Still can't get over how incredible it was.

Also, this was my first gig at the newly built SSE Hydro. Acoustics/Sound was alright (Bass was really good!) but I loved how cosy and compact the standing area is even though it's a proper venue that can hold a lot of people. No huge awkward gaps in the crowd etc. Looks like an O2 Arena but feels like an Academy. Certainly is an improvement over gigs taking place at the SECC.

I'm never been the biggest Nine Inch Nails fan but jeezo. Last night was something else, that production is up there with the best I've seen.

Been a few times to the Hydro now and definitely agree with the standing area. Espcially when you look up and around the rest of the venue, it's really nice to have a somewhat intimate feel down there.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Have you thought of trying one of the Ys games? PSP or Vita. They are like a fast paced Zelda but can be finished in a timescale that doesn't outstay their welcome.

Oh and hi BritGaf, been a while again. Wife is 7days overdue with our second so it's all been a bit crazy. Hope you're all good.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the tips. Downloading the Toukiden demo now.

Wow Pookmunki! I can imagine it's a bit crazy! How are you both holding together?

Pookmunki

Thanks guys! Appreciate the tips. Downloading the Toukiden demo now.

Wow Pookmunki! I can imagine it's a bit crazy! How are you both holding together?

Thanks Sploatee, yeah it's a bit mad, our 6yo son is playing up a bit lately too which isn't helping. I need things to be super organised and regimented so things dragging on isn't doing my nerves any good!

All of that will melt away once our daughter is here in our arms so it's all good, just not doing my blood pressure any favours in the meantime!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks Sploatee, yeah it's a bit mad, our 6yo son is playing up a bit lately too which isn't helping. I need things to be super organised and regimented so things dragging on isn't doing my nerves any good!

All of that will melt away once our daughter is here in our arms so it's all good, just not doing my blood pressure any favours in the meantime!

I can imagine!! Hang in there!

Pookmunki

I can imagine!! Hang in there!

Thanks! All very grown up...

In other news, met the Chuckle Brothers the other day...

mqCDMqP.jpg

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Ah, man. Vonnegut has got such a distinct, warm and easy authorial voice. It's always a pleasure to read his writing. It's often like reading a letter from an old friend.

I think The Grateful Dead set up a publishing company called Ice-9, too.

The stupid thing is I know I will love it. Next. Hopefully.

I love your posts in that Watchmen thread by the way, once of the best things on the forum recently. Need to reread that badly. Goddamn it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The stupid thing is I know I will love it. Next. Hopefully.

I love your posts in that Watchmen thread by the way, once of the best things on the forum recently. Need to reread that badly. Goddamn it.

I don't know anyone who has read any Vonnegut and hasn't liked it.

Nice one, man. I could rant about Watchmen for hours. I realise it's a bit of an obvious kind of favourite, but I don't give a toss XD

It's bad form to talk about another thread and shit up this one, but I had to leave because of one of the posters. We were at total cross purposes and it was getting heated, ridiculously.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm officially at 120 hours on Dark Souls 2. I want to stop playing and take a break until the next patch, but I still need to beat the game 1 more time to get the last of the achievements. Also need more twinkling to have fully upgraded Llewyns. And farm for Knight of Catarina gear...

Someone help, I can't stop.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm officially at 120 hours on Dark Souls 2. I want to stop playing and take a break until the next patch, but I still need to beat the game 1 more time to get the last of the achievements. Also need more twinkling to have fully upgraded Llewyns. And farm for Knight of Catarina gear...

Someone help, I can't stop.

Move onto the sploatee difecta of Hearthstone and Smite. You'll thank me layer because I have good taste.

ps Vita brethren I went for FFX/2. So far I am unoffended.

Move onto the sploatee difecta of Hearthstone and Smite. You'll thank me layer because I have good taste.

ps Vita brethren I went for FFX/2. So far I am unoffended.

Got my relacement Vita. Took it out of the packaging, turned around and completely forgot which of them was the broken one. Figured it out, charged it up and put in my memory card.

It vurks!

I can go straight back to what I was doing, don't need to re install anything, all my autosaves are good as gold.

Not sure what to do with my PS Mort now. It's a very attractive paper weight. Perhaps I can sell it on to someone who will strip it down or refurbish it. Having two is giving me this weird feeling that I need more though...Sploatee, you're not using your black OLED right? I require more mass.

[Vita Intensifies]

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Got my relacement Vita. Took it out of the packaging, turned around and completely forgot which of them was the broken one. Figured it out, charged it up and put in my memory card.

It vurks!

I can go straight back to what I was doing, don't need to re install anything, all my autosaves are good as gold.

Not sure what to do with my PS Mort now. It's a very attractive paper weight. Perhaps I can sell it on to someone who will strip it down or refurbish it. Having two is giving me this weird feeling that I need more though...Sploatee, you're not using your black OLED right? I require more mass.

[Vita Intensifies]

Haha!

What happened was that when I got promoted I decided to treat myself to something luxurious and unnecessary. So after unsuccessfully trying to convince BGBW to illegally important white goods for a total stranger, I imported a purdy white and lime green one.

I thought I would use both but I just don't, the new one is easier to carry in my handbag and better for my tiny hands. So the old one is just sat there. I tried to use it the other day but the colours all looked neon to me.

So, as your lawyer (Fear and Loathing reference!)

I would say do you really need another? If the answer to the question is yes, do you want mine? If the answer to that is yes, 'ow much is it worf to yer? I've got some accessories for it which don't fit the new one too, one of which is a stand which charges a PS4 controller and vita at same time.

Mikeside

Haha!

What happened was that when I got promoted I decided to treat myself to something luxurious and unnecessary. So after unsuccessfully trying to convince BGBW to illegally important white goods for a total stranger, I imported a purdy white and lime green one.

I thought I would use both but I just don't, the new one is easier to carry in my handbag and better for my tiny hands. So the old one is just sat there. I tried to use it the other day but the colours all looked neon to me.

I would say do you really need another? If the answer to the question is yes, do you want mine? If the answer to that is yes, 'ow much is it worf to yer? I've got some accessories for it which don't fit the new one too, one of which is a stand which charges a PS4 controller and vita at same time.

Does your import Vita not have that weird annoying thing where you have to use O instead of X and vice versa sometimes? If not I might get one

Haha!

I was mostly jesting about wanting three Vitas. That said though, the Dualshock 4/Vita charger sounds tidy. I'll exchange it for a beautiful amulet made of cats teeth, you'd be a fool to turn down such a bargain.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Does your import Vita not have that weird annoying thing where you have to use O instead of X and vice versa sometimes? If not I might get one

Sometimes, only in menus, you don't really notice it. You can also use the d pad and controls to move through system menus instead of the touchscreen which I've come to prefer.

I was mostly jesting about wanting three Vitas. That said though, the Dualshock 4/Vita charger sounds tidy. I'll exchange it for a beautiful amulet made of cats teeth, you'd be a fool to turn down such a bargain.

What kind of cats?

SKINNER!

Banned
Apart from funky colours and better screens, any other good reasons for picking up a Vita in Japan? Saw several tourists buy them in trader shops last year but didn't know why at the time...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Apart from funky colours and better screens, any other good reasons for picking up a Vita in Japan? Saw several tourists buy them in trader shops last year but didn't know why at the time...

Not really although I think I paid less than I would've in the UK (16GB memory card, case and screen protector and lots of download codes to things written in Japanese with odd robotic artwork).

SKINNER!

Banned
Not really although I think I paid less than I would've in the UK (16GB memory card, case and screen protector and lots of download codes to things written in Japanese with odd robotic artwork).

Cool cool :) Cheers for the advice sploatee. Still thinking about a PS4/Vita bundle someday...Just don't feel the hype and/or excitement of picking one up now :( Gotta get one when the time's right.

Still into a retro-gaming phase at the moment with my Dreamcast and N64 anyway. Cheat cartridge on it's way through the post so that'll be fun. Was speaking to a friend the other day and we really want to organise a retro 24 hour gaming charity event for Extra Life later this year. He knows someone that owns a game store so the plan is to just get some people who are up for it, some TVs and a snes, mega drive, n64, dreamcast etc. Some charity money raised via sponsorships or accept donations for folk who just want to play some classic games. Lock ourselves in after midnight or whatever and then just continue gaming until the 24 hour limit is up in the morning.

lovely! is it toilet trained? any idea who it's voting for today?

lmao

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cool cool :) Cheers for the advice sploatee. Still thinking about a PS4/Vita bundle someday...Just don't feel the hype and/or excitement of picking one up now :( Gotta get one when the time's right.

Still into a retro-gaming phase at the moment with my Dreamcast and N64 anyway. Cheat cartridge on it's way through the post so that'll be fun. Was speaking to a friend the other day and we really want to organise a retro 24 hour gaming charity event for Extra Life later this year. He knows someone that owns a game store so the plan is to just get some people who are up for it, some TVs and a snes, mega drive, n64, dreamcast etc. Some charity money raised via sponsorships or accept donations for folk who just want to play some classic games. Lock ourselves in after midnight or whatever and then just continue gaming until the 24 hour limit is up in the morning.

lmao

If you want a sploat the I'll be up for that and for raising money, can do the email round work type thing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Is this thread on its way out?!

I mean, I'm happy to post hourly updates on what I've had for lunch, what the weather's like and everything, but it's not the most interesting.

I think -

Jed has spontaneously combusted with rage at the political elite

Ninj has handed in his Britgaf pass for a FakeGAF one

Meat has fought the Godzilla fight to the death, but died shortly after from the wounds

Musha has not only been banned but imprisoned for her crimes against gaf gold members

Dave is in exile and has sold his Vita for a 3DS

Afoni is somewhere in the wilderness plotting bloody murder

Tash has joined Fakegaf where the kids hang out

Who have I missed?

Danj

Is this thread on its way out?!

I mean, I'm happy to post hourly updates on what I've had for lunch, what the weather's like and everything, but it's not the most interesting.

I think -

Jed has spontaneously combusted with rage at the political elite

Ninj has handed in his Britgaf pass for a FakeGAF one

Meat has fought the Godzilla fight to the death, but died shortly after from the wounds

Musha has not only been banned but imprisoned for her crimes against gaf gold members

Dave is in exile and has sold his Vita for a 3DS

Afoni is somewhere in the wilderness plotting bloody murder

Tash has joined Fakegaf where the kids hang out

Who have I missed?

I had a birthday this month, but that didn't seem to interest many folks...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
CHEEZMO™;113005090 said:
Busy playing too much Vicky 2 as usual

Cheez I will never ever understand any of your references without explanation.

You missed me :(

You're still alive!!I was only doing a call of the fallen.
by which I mean people who've had the audacity to not post for one day or more when I NEED DISTRACTION
And I'm playing FF partially thanks to you. :)

I had a birthday this month, but that didn't seem to interest many folks...

Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom