• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

i hate everything the bnp stand for so i made sure to put a big cross by their name. no thank you!
aF1kIY2.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
My internet sarcasm detector is always bad, so I can't tell if people here are joking about voting for BNP/UKIP.

As usual, green party for me.

I really don't want to ruin my shtick here, but I'm about as far left you can be while still propping up the system.

Which means I vote BNP

HO HO HO

i hate everything the bnp stand for so i made sure to put a big cross by their name. no thank you!

Hahahahahahahahahaha

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Spill your troubles, agony uncle Vashetti is on the case

and on the wine

So yeah like I habitually overshare on this thread because its the internet and not real and all day I am serious grown up and now you've asked I have no idea. So

1 is making your own clothes a waste of time

2 how long will it be before I can get more confidence and actually dress for summer (may be too girly a question)

3 are eye drops a good investment

4 what was last book you read?

Vashetti

Banned
So yeah like I habitually overshare on this thread because its the internet and not real and all day I am serious grown up and now you've asked I have no idea. So

Do you mean folding them? If so, yes. They get creased and then you have to spend more time ironing them, etc.

2 how long will it be before I can get more confidence and actually dress for summer (may be too girly a question)

Honey, don't worry about girly questions 'cause I'm a gay guy.

I'm not the best person to ask about confidence because I'm really shy and struggle with speaking to strangers. I think secretly everybody feels this way. If you exude confidence (i.e. pretend to be confident), other people respond better to you.

For example, if I'm being served in a shop, a while back I would look away from the person and be all quiet and awkward. Now I try my hardest to engage with them, to smile, and to say "have a good day!" when they're done serving me. I always get a nice response and I can tell I've brightened their day, and that makes me feel better and more confident too.

In regards to dressing for summer, just wear what you feel comfortable with. Who cares what other people think? As long as you're comfortable, that's all that matters.

I've honestly no idea on this one, sorry.

I got a quarter through Mockingjay and stopped for some reason, I should get back to that.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Do you mean folding them? If so, yes. They get creased and then you have to spend more time ironing them, etc.

Honey, don't worry about girly questions 'cause I'm a gay guy.

I'm not the best person to ask about confidence because I'm really shy and struggle with speaking to strangers. I think secretly everybody feels this way. If you exude confidence (i.e. pretend to be confident), other people respond better to you.

For example, if I'm being served in a shop, a while back I would look away from the person and be all quiet and awkward. Now I try my hardest to engage with them, to smile, and to say "have a good day!" when they're done serving me. I always get a nice response and I can tell I've brightened their day, and that makes me feel better and more confident too.

In regards to dressing for summer, just wear what you feel comfortable with. Who cares what other people think? As long as you're comfortable, that's all that matters.

I've honestly no idea on this one, sorry.

I got a quarter through Mockingjay and stopped for some reason, I should get back to that.

Thanks. I struggle every day tbh. I feel like I'm about three people at once at any given time. At work I'm generally outgoing and doing things and seem to be (touch wood) reasonably successful. But it feels like a charade to be honest. I have absolutely no idea who I am or how I should be so I prefer to just hermit away when I'm not DOIN BIZNESS because I'm actually pretty frightened of people in all honesty. Also I have so much shit in my past and present that I'm dealing with all the time that I have to keep myself, it's kind of nice to be able to be an internet person and just blather out everything to relative strangers. It does mean that end up an utter spamming attention hound though. Ah well, these things are probably cyclical. I'll have forgotten all about this when the next distraction comes along. I just f'ing hate summer.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw Godzilla. I say "saw" Godzilla, I actually saw a lot of plebs pointing things out with the occasional flailing arm. It's a pretty weird cinema like that.

Spoiler Free Points of Interest:

1) Heisenburg's hair
2) Kick Ass's neck
3) Ken Watanabe's face
4) Things being pointed out
5) A refreshed distrust of Godzilla related products

CHEEZMO™;112751659 said:
Every single time I open a new page. I just got ten beep and pop up in the last 30 secondsd.

Management has more important issues: no-one gave them passes to E3!

Kidding. Y'all should use Avast.

8bit

Knows the Score

1. These days, probably is as some child in Bangladesh could rustle up a nice pair of trousers in the time you found the sewing kit.

2. Is the sun out? Go for it!

3. If you have dry eyes or are prone to grit / pollen.

4. Am currently reading Irvine Welsh - Sex Lives of Siamese Twins but it's not really grabbing me so far.

Wolfenstein TNO is really fucking good, you guys. There hasn't been a game with this good shooting and exploration (remember looking at maps in an FPS to know where to go?) in years.

iwqfFk4tScFkk.gif

Here is what you get when you try to exit:
jUf60caNHH8Zi.png

god, i need a gaming PC so bad. i also need a new Mac as mine now falls to its knees when i run a big logic file. britgaf is just a weird, fancy bank right? where do i get my loan?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

1) Wearing them certainly is. Free and easy, that's my motto.

2) See point 1)

3) I couldn't say. Are your eyes dry?

4) Nova Express. That was a few months ago though. I'm at a loose end book-wise.

Jordan

Musha says hi sploat! She also says

1. From a practical point of view yes, but as a hobby it can be great fun, especially personalising clothes like sewing beads on jeans and things like that.

2. Depends on what you usually wear, and what you want to wear. Small things can help boost confidence though. For example I have very pasty legs, so if I want to wear a dress or skirt I just slap on some fake tan and immediately feel much more confident.

3. I bought some on a whim a while back and haven't used them once, so I'd say no.

4. Fables Vol 3. Finally getting into it and loving it!

SKINNER!

Banned

Nine Inch Nails last night. Still can't get over how incredible it was.

Also, this was my first gig at the newly built SSE Hydro. Acoustics/Sound was alright (Bass was really good!) but I loved how cosy and compact the standing area is even though it's a proper venue that can hold a lot of people. No huge awkward gaps in the crowd etc. Looks like an O2 Arena but feels like an Academy. Certainly is an improvement over gigs taking place at the SECC.

I'm feeling much better after venting my spleen in the Godzilla thread. Laid the slam, wham bam thank you, ma'am. I anticipate I will be replying to a lot of butthurt fans today.

Also Wolfenstein is brilliant. Really enjoying it so far, it surprised me in a number of ways. The music is good, I like the characters, the story is good and the mocap performances are very, very good. Some of the subtle body language and expressions are really great.

Shame you have to kill the good guys.

all the Godzilla haters come across as salty

like, pretty much all the positive impressions I've seen articulate what they enjoyed clearly, including any flaws they've noticed, whilst all the negative impressions just seem to be going "ARGH IT SUCKS", possibly flailing their arms around at the time

makes me really want to see it

CHEEZMO™;112784317 said:
I do use Avast. Most of the people saying they're getting alerts say they use it too.

Strange. I don't get nothing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm feeling much better after venting my spleen in the Godzilla thread. Laid the slam, wham bam thank you, ma'am. I anticipate I will be replying to a lot of butthurt fans today.

You have my sword. It was awful. Truly awful.

Ken Watanabe's constantly pained expressions were the only thing that kept me going.

godzilla-ken-watanabe-slice1.jpg

NinjaBoiX

He got the gig for Godzilla off the back of Monsters right?

Cos that was pants as well, fucking tedious waste of time that was.

Dapper, I just read your write-up. Thing is, literally EVERYTHING about the promotion for the film seems to be saying "this won't be 2 hours of Godzilla". Did you expect that? Honest question.

It kind of sounds like a massive cocktease anyway, if it's repeatedly whipping away from actual action. Still want to see it for myself.

Qasiel

I enjoyed Godzilla. Sure there were a few things in it that got my goat (nothing that hasn't been mentioned before such as Ken Watanabe's constant look of surprise) but ultimately the film gave me exactly what I was expecting it would.

Definitely worth a watch if you want to see giant monsters fighting, albeit not for 2 hours.

Dapper, I just read your write-up. Thing is, literally EVERYTHING about the promotion for the film seems to be saying "this won't be 2 hours of Godzilla". Did you expect that? Honest question.

It kind of sounds like a massive cocktease anyway, if it's repeatedly whipping away from actual action. Still want to see it for myself.

I tend to avoid reviews of films actually so that I'm not looking for the critics' points as I'm watching.

But is it stupid of me to say, in regards you question, "more or less yeah?"

I was prepared for a sort of origins story and then set peices in the last half.

But It's not just that "you barely see him". The actual pacing and plot is just plain bad. It's annoying as fuck because the way it's paced continuously leads you to believe you've been watching the buildup to a big bust up and then you're let down.

Anyway, I'm not gonna shit up the thread with Godzilla talk when there's a perfectly good thread discuss it in and tender emotions to devastate therein.

I tend to avoid reviews of films actually so that I'm not looking for the critics' points as I'm watching.

I was prepared for a sort of origins story and then set peices in the last half.

But It's not just that "you barely see him". The actual pacing and plot is just plain bad. It's annoying as fuck because the way it's paced continuously leads you to believe you've been watching the buildup to a big bust up and then you're let down.

Anyway, I'm not gonna shit up the thread with Godzilla talk when there's a perfectly good thread discuss it in and tender emotions to devastate therein.

Besides spoilers, this is kind of why I dragged the discussion into here!

I always thought casting Taylor-Johnson seemed like a problem. He's not exactly... well, good. I hope he isn't going to tank Avengers 2. Dunno if that's a problem here, but he's pretty boring in Kick-Ass (probably the point - whatever).

Wonder if there'd have been more monster mashing if Pacific Rim hadn't just come out like a year earlier.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Not got time to go to the OT but yes yes yes.

What a let down. Wonder if studio interference. Hodgepodge. Genuine spoiler:

kill off two interesting characters replace with vacuum why

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
1. These days, probably is as some child in Bangladesh could rustle up a nice pair of trousers in the time you found the sewing kit.

2. Is the sun out? Go for it!

3. If you have dry eyes or are prone to grit / pollen.

4. Am currently reading Irvine Welsh - Sex Lives of Siamese Twins but it's not really grabbing me so far.
I think I need to start making Bangladeshi children then. FAOD I am opposed to sweatshop labour and exploitation.

1) Wearing them certainly is. Free and easy, that's my motto.

2) See point 1)

3) I couldn't say. Are your eyes dry?

4) Nova Express. That was a few months ago though. I'm at a loose end book-wise.

Read The Unnameable! It's not easy going but it's great.

Musha says hi sploat! She also says

1. From a practical point of view yes, but as a hobby it can be great fun, especially personalising clothes like sewing beads on jeans and things like that.

2. Depends on what you usually wear, and what you want to wear. Small things can help boost confidence though. For example I have very pasty legs, so if I want to wear a dress or skirt I just slap on some fake tan and immediately feel much more confident.

3. I bought some on a whim a while back and haven't used them once, so I'd say no.

4. Fables Vol 3. Finally getting into it and loving it!

Hi Mush! Thanks for the advice. Come back soon pls K thx.

Jordan - did you msg me on battle net the other day? Just checking it was you and not some crazy kid wanting my innocence.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Is that a very rude put-down with transposed vowels or a reference to fatty acid oxidation disorder?

"For the avoidance of doubt". Legalspeak... I just didn't want people thinking that as well as voting UKIP I'm also racist.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Final Fantasy X, anyone played it? How heavy is it on dating and half dressed teenage anime girls?

I need something to play at lunchtimes dammit!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Final Fantasy X, anyone played it? How heavy is it on dating and half dressed teenage anime girls?

I did a very long time ago. I know I didn't get on with it. That's the one with Tidus, right? Don't recall any dating. Anime girls par for the course.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I did a very long time ago. I know I didn't get on with it. That's the one with Tidus, right? Don't recall any dating. Anime girls par for the course.

Argh. It's gonna piss me off, I can tell. I might give it a go. I need something to get lost in, can't be doing not getting daily escapism!

8bit

Knows the Score

Transistor sounds like it might be interesting. Sci Fi RPG thing from the makers of Bastion has got to be worth a look. I assume it's remote playable.

"For the avoidance of doubt". Legalspeak... I just didn't want people thinking that as well as voting UKIP I'm also racist.

I thought Fuck Off And Die might be a bit harsh.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Transistor sounds like it might be interesting. Sci Fi RPG thing from the makers of Bastion has got to be worth a look. I assume it's remote playable.

I thought Fuck Off And Die might be a bit harsh.

Ha!

Transistor looks great - sadly, all public wifi near the office is poop. Might try Toukiden, reviews are a bit mixed though. Borderlands was meant to be The One!

Reknoc

Ha!

Transistor looks great - sadly, all public wifi near the office is poop. Might try Toukiden, reviews are a bit mixed though. Borderlands was meant to be The One!

oh shit yea, Toukiden is great, dunno how I forgot about that. Probably because an upgraded edition has already been announced in Japan lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anyone read Cat's Cradle? I'm about halfway through. My first Kurt Vonnegut novel, he paints the characters quite well.

8bit

Knows the Score
Anyone read Cat's Cradle? I'm about halfway through. My first Kurt Vonnegut novel, he paints the characters quite well.

Yeah, but not in some years to be honest. Is that the one which features Bokonism?

I don't think there is a book by him that I didn't like.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

He's one of my favourites. Such a warm and witty writer. Fuzzy too.

Great book, man. If you find that you like it I can recommend Mother Night, Slaughterhouse 5, God Bless you Mr Rosewater and Breakfast of Champions. All exceptional books. Although, pretty much anything he writes is worth a read.

Yeah, but not in some years to be honest. Is that the one which features Bokonism?

I don't think there is a book by him that I didn't like.

That's the one.

"Nothing in this book is true."

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way."

"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."

It's the one with Ice-9 too, which is a terrifying concept.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sweet, thanks for the recommendations guys. Yeah it is pretty awesome and ice-9 is a crazy concept that actually seems pretty realistic and creative for a doomsday scenario.

Reknoc

there's a half dressed anime boy. It's also probably the shittest final fantasy. X-2 is decent though, better combat and takes itself less seriously than X does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom