• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
Person in front of me was low on sleep I think. Struggled to get the gist of the voting procedure. Having said that, it wasn't the most straightforward of voting procedures.

edit: In my borough, we had

1. Vote three councillors
2. Vote first choice mayor, second choice mayor
3. Vote for your European party.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Marc, look out for a girl pimping Twisted Dark at comic con tomorrow. That'll be Musha_Soturi!

You can also ask her why she's such a hateful bigot always reinforcing the patriarchy too.

Struggling to find interesting things to post about ITT.

So... how about that rain, eh?

People with small teeth are usually educationally subnormal, discuss.

Chinner - outsider with a grudge, or wants to be in the gang?

How DO you pronounce Farrage?

When will Ian stop crying in eastenders?

There, a bunch of BritGAF content for you moany gits.

8bit

Knows the Score

I pronounce it Cunt.

There we go, an early morning swear for everyone to enjoy.

Oh, and I've only just realised the Give Us Smooth, Give Us Silky thing is from one of the Dark Souls game. I thought it was the chorus of some Pitbull level mumbly shouty 'song'.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You can also ask her why she's such a hateful bigot always reinforcing the patriarchy too.

I'm telling you this thread is doomed. DOOMED

1 small teeth - yes. Most are children and children are thick little bastards

2 Chinner is Cassandra. This post is Phyrrus. Look I've read books!

3 farrag. The G is hard, the E is silent. I for one welcome our new UKIP overlords.

4 Ian beale? Is still alive?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Sure is wet, brah.

My wife loves people with small teeth. Well everyone except my Ex. She was emotionally subnormal but very smart.

I think that Duck is a genius. I don't want to know if he's serious or trolling. I like the ambiguity he brings to the thread. He's a trickster figure, BritGAF's answer to Rumplestiltskin or Lucifer or Anansi or Loki.

The place is a lot richer for his well-worded, vitriolic input.

I pronounce it Ferrero, as in Ferrero Rocher.

"Why, Ambassador, with these inhumane, short-term policies you are spoiling us!"

When he finally finds peace by joining a local radicalized Islamic sleeper cell and suicide bombs The Queen Vic, killing all the infidels during one of their boisterous Christmas parties.

tumblr_mcbdlvrXhv1qg9atp.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think that Duck is a genius. I don't want to know if he's serious or trolling. I like the ambiguity he brings to the thread. He's a trickster figure, BritGAF's answer to Rumplestiltskin or Lucifer or Anansi or Loki.

The place is a lot richer for his well-worded, vitriolic input.

G]

My god. So I went Greek. You went fairytale or Norse. Doppelganger spell broken!!!

Marc

Marc, look out for a girl pimping Twisted Dark at comic con tomorrow. That'll be Musha_Soturi!

Ah, haven't read that so will be hard to spot. :D Will probably be a few Rorschach's as well, I will be the one with a blonde supergirl expecting me to carry her everywhere. Might post up a pic although I am finding the idea embarrassing for some reason.

Will try to say hello, vaguely remember her posting a pic here so might remember.

Thanks Mike :)

If that is what the people want to know then I will ask the hard-hitting questions for the people, in my best Batman voice. I AM THE BAT!!

Yes, rain sure is wet.

Haven't noticed.

Not chinner.

Like how americans pronounce Garage, like ARGGGEE.

Fuck soap opera's.

Brits are best at moaning, we can never be content, must strife for the perfect moan.

I asked this of footyGAF, assume most here play games as well considering the site, so what is your top ten games of last gen?

Pls respond

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My god. So I went Greek. You went fairytale or Norse. Doppelganger spell broken!!!

Ah but still, you both intellectually bigged up a (thoroughly entertaining) forum troll, so you're still displaying that freaky psychic link.

I feel like once I know how fat Chinner is everything will fall into place.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ah, haven't read that so will be hard to spot. :D Will probably be a few Rorschach's as well, I will be the one with a blonde supergirl expecting me to carry her everywhere. Might post up a pic although I am finding the idea embarrassing for some reason.

Will try to say hello, vaguely remember her posting a pic here so might remember.

If that is what the people want to know then I will ask the hard-hitting questions for the people, in my best Batman voice. I AM THE BAT!!

Yes, rain sure is wet.

Haven't noticed.

Not chinner.

Fuck soap opera's.

Brits are best at moaning, we can never be content, must strife for the perfect moan.

I asked this of footyGAF, assume most here play games as well considering the site, so what is your top ten games of last gen?

Pls respond

Yes my friend, post pics of your Supergirl cosplay buddy, all hot or semi hot cosplays are welcome. I promise not to masturbate to it
or if I do I won't tell you I did

Top 10 of last gen is a tricksy bugger, I must have played way over 100 games last gen. GTAV is my GOAT though. Halo 3 would have to be up there... Uncharted 2... Fez perhaps. I find lists so hard, I suffer from severe option paralysis at times.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Is someone speaking?! I could've sworn I heard something.

I need to lay off the gifs...

Yes my friend, post pics of your Supergirl cosplay buddy, all hot or semi hot cosplays are welcome. I promise not to masturbate to it

Ummm...

"I will be the one with a blonde supergirl expecting me to carry her everywhere"

That suggests a kid to me, man. XD

8bit

Knows the Score

All right, I'm dodging work anyway. Assuming last gen as PS3/360/Wii and in no particular order...

Dead Rising
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Crackdown
Yakuza 4
Sleeping Dogs
Portal
Fallout - New Vegas
Shadows of the Damned
The Last of Us
Katamari Forever

Uh, forgot about Red Dead Redemption. So there's 11.

Lists, pah.

Arg, and Alpha Protocol. 12.

Marc

Top 10 of last gen is a tricksy bugger, I must have played way over 100 games last gen. GTAV is my GOAT though. Halo 3 would have to be up there... Uncharted 2... Fez perhaps. I find lists so hard, I suffer from severe option paralysis at times.

My 4 year old daughter supergirl?

Hmm, this got awkward, inner circle bastards!

:D

My mrs is going as Dr Girlfriend but not many people know about that show so probably not recognisable. No pics! :p

Its ok, but if you don't put Red Dead up there then you are dead to me. haha

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nooooo! I want to exist independently!

Sorry Marc I missed last gen so I'm just gonna list my ten favourites in no order:

Fez
Tearaway
Gone Home
Flower
Hearthstone

Um. I'm really bad at these things. They're basically the last five games really loved. Four of them made me cry too as I have no emotional defences.

So here are some other random ones which will give away which other gens I missed-

Civ / Civ 2 / Alpha Centauri
Sam and Max Hit the road
Super Probotector (ie Contra 3)
Starblade (in Mr B's, Blackpool, circa 1995).
Centipede (in Tarzan 's, Blackpool, circa 1987)
Sim City 2000

What a crap list.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My 4 year old daughter supergirl?

Hmm, this got awkward, inner circle bastards!

:D

My mrs is going as Dr Girlfriend but not many people know about that show so probably not recognisable. No pics! :p

Its ok, but if you don't put Red Dead up there then you are dead to me. haha

I hate it when I accidentally out myself... time to change my name and move house again.

Once I upset my friend's GF when her 4 year old was hugging my leg and I told him not to do it because I was a paedophile. That's the trouble with being childless in your late 20s, your sense of humour becomes absurdly dark because you've never needed to rein it in.

And yeah Red Dead was amazing, I'm a R* fanboy, they've never made a bad game IMO (well, maybe state of emergency)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Max: Mind if I drive?
Sam: Not if you don't mind me clawing at the dash and shrieking like a cheerleader.

Game is so funny! Even though 13 y o sploat got stuck after about 1 hour. I wish there was a Ren and Stimpy game with as much care and attention as the South Park one.

Reknoc

In no order:

Nier
Deadly Premonition
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Endless Ocean 2
Red Dead Redemption
Bayonetta
Rayman Origins
Dragon Quest IX
Sleeping Dogs
Uncharted 2

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Off to London to see the mighty O'Brother tonight, just found out an old school chum is the first support, that's a nice surprise. He's pretty cool though, makes me feel self consciously dorky.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Game is so funny! Even though 13 y o sploat got stuck after about 1 hour. I wish there was a Ren and Stimpy game with as much care and attention as the South Park one.

That'd be amazing. I love the baboon SO MUCH. The episode where he replaces Stimpy still cracks me up just thinking about it.

Need to get that South Park game. I've heard great things.

Lucasarts was the nuts back in the day. Guybrush Threepwood and Barnard are two of my all time favourite video game characters (Mona Sax is best).

Mikeside

Yes, rain sure is wet.

Haven't noticed.

Not chinner.

Fuck soap opera's.

Pls respond

In no order

GTA V
The Last of Us
Dishonored
Super Meat Boy
Mario Galaxy 2
Red Dead Redemption
Portal 2
Rayman Legends
Halo 3
Fire Emblem: Awakening

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I got my first gig with my proper post-LOEB band on Sunday. It's been five years since I've written and performed for a band.

I'm terrified.

SteveWD40

so what is your top ten games of last gen?

In no order:

Spelunky
Hotline Miami
Super Meat Boy
The Last of Us
Guild Wars 2 (pc exclusives count imho)
Portal 2
Uncharted 2
COD4 (that counts I assume, early last gen)
Dark Souls
Fallout 3

Marc

Been seeing Sleeping Dogs a lot, need to play that game apparently. Hoping PS plus sorts me out. Finished demon souls recently, should be getting dark souls for my birthday so will at least tick that one off the list of games I missed.

Here is the list I came up with:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Dragons Dogma
3. Orange Box
4. Journey
5. The Last of Us
6. Assassins Creed
7. Mass Effect
8. Batman Arkham City probably (I really liked Origins but bit too soon)
9. Heavy Rain
10. God of War 3

Venture Bros and Red Dead? I like this guy.

tumblr_ltg80uuGgr1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

I hate it when I accidentally out myself... time to change my name and move house again.

Once I upset my friend's GF when her 4 year old was hugging my leg and I told him not to do it because I was a paedophile. That's the trouble with being childless in your late 20s, your sense of humour becomes absurdly dark because you've never needed to rein it in.

And yeah Red Dead was amazing, I'm a R* fanboy, they've never made a bad game IMO (well, maybe state of emergency)

I am starting her training to become Hitgirl so will hopefully take care of herself soon enough. :)

Yeah, my sense of humour can be warped and had to reign it in a lot but generally I tried to stay away from the whole paedo/race area as much as possible. Good rule of thumb (<-- sexism is cool though).

Good man, all is forgiven.

Vanquish was pretty good, but the controls didn't click with me. This became apparent when I watched people playing it on Youtube.

Something is up with the electric connection to the power sockets upstairs. Until it's fixed, no Red Dead Redemption for me :( just as I was getting into it! Curses.

On the plus side I've got a lot done on Pokemon Y!

8bit

Knows the Score
Sleeping Dogs is, along with Vanquish, one of those games that GAF built up for me that simply didn't deliver on the hype.

I couldn't get into Vanquish, it's like playing a shooter while on a rollercoaster. I was hoping for something more like PN03. Loved Sleeping Dogs though, first time I got into a car the radio started playing Four Tet's remix of Antipop Consortium - Volcano and I just drove about for a while exploring listening to Ninja Tune radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3NrHRxZ7Ec

I think that's part of my disappointment with GTAV, the music is pure shite. Also, the scarcity of weapons makes it a bit more thoughtful than Rockstar's take.

Reknoc

I couldn't get into Vanquish, it's like playing a shooter while on a rollercoaster. I was hoping for something more like PN03. Loved Sleeping Dogs though, first time I got into a car the radio started playing Four Tet's remix of Antipop Consortium - Volcano and I just drove about for a while exploring listening to Ninja Tune radio.

I think that's part of my disappointment with GTAV, the music is pure shite. Also, the scarcity of weapons makes it a bit more thoughtful than Rockstar's take.

and you can tackle a person, pick them up and throw them in the trunk of your car.

NinjaBoiX

People didn't like Vanquish? Man, that shit was loads of fun. Throwing an emp grenade into a group of robots then shooting it in midair never got old.

And it has the most perfectly tuned aiming ever. It's one of those things that you think should be pretty easy but apparently not. Mikami nailed it.

Edit: Sleepy Dawgs had a Ninja Tune station? Mind blown.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't get into Vanquish, it's like playing a shooter while on a rollercoaster. I was hoping for something more like PN03.

People didn't like Vanquish? Man, that shit was loads of fun. Throwing an emp grenade into a group of robots then shooting it in midair never got old.

And it has the most perfectly tuned aiming ever. It's one of those things that you think should be pretty easy but apparently not. Mikami nailed it.

Edit: Sleepy Dawgs had a Ninja Tune station? Mind blown.

I didn't like the aesthetics, how the shooting felt (like firing paper aeroplanes) or how horribly repetitive it was. I love Platinum under most normal circumstances but it just felt like a bit of a limp wristed effort. The movement felt very good, mind. I can see why people like it.

Loved Sleeping Dogs though, first time I got into a car the radio started playing Four Tet's remix of Antipop Consortium - Volcano and I just drove about for a while exploring listening to Ninja Tune radio.

The radio for SD was the nuts (Warp Records was my mainstay), the setting and films that it was referencing were great but... it just seemed like a lot of pilfered mechanics from games that have done it better, like Batman's hand-to-hand combat, that felt much more involved. It's not a terrible game, just really mediocre (to me): The driving was horribly weightless, the shooting with it's hop-over-cover-to-gain-Bullet-Time was frustrating rather than fun, the world seemed somewhat lifeless... loads of stuff that just didn't add up for me.

I get why people liked it, of course, and I'd definitely have a look at Sleepy Doge 2. All in all, I much prefer to play a GTA/RDR game. For all their shortcomings, R*'s open worlds always seem far more accomplished than others. I dunno how long I spent walking around Los Santos as Franklin just soaking in the sights.

I uh liked Vinewood Boulevard Radio on GTA V. A lot.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Maybe I missed that one, the music wasn't my only issue with GTAV, I didn't like the characters, and things like playing as the dog and the marijuana experience were all really off-putting. Especially after the unbridled joy of Lego City Undercover a few weeks beforehand.

Sleaford Mods - Mr Jolly Fucker : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi-JClH7DZ0

The weed thing was super weird but it made me laugh (mostly because I was stoned) when every time Franklin smokes he would say really dark stuff about how crummy his life was. I thought it was a nice subtle dig at the target market (ie me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom