• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is this thread on its way out?!

I mean, I'm happy to post hourly updates on what I've had for lunch, what the weather's like and everything, but it's not the most interesting.

I think -

Jed has spontaneously combusted with rage at the political elite

Ninj has handed in his Britgaf pass for a FakeGAF one

Meat has fought the Godzilla fight to the death, but died shortly after from the wounds

Musha has not only been banned but imprisoned for her crimes against gaf gold members

Dave is in exile and has sold his Vita for a 3DS

Afoni is somewhere in the wilderness plotting bloody murder

Tash has joined Fakegaf where the kids hang out

Who have I missed?

Nah, just really busy at work, May and June suuuuck!

Re: politics, I'm starting to get fed up with people trotting out that old "if you don't vote you can't complain" cliche. Points:

I have never complained about anything based in the political sphere, it's useless to. And even if I had voted, doing so would not suddenly give me the power to change ANYTHING about the country.

Having done the research, I probably know more about what exactly I would be voting for than folks who just mark the same old box. It's not for me, I don't care. I don't care about Europe, I don't care about immigrants, I don't care how much tax rich people do or don't pay. Vote or no, these things will continue to happen regardless, the ebb and flow of political bureaucracy will remain unaffected by my not voting.

Ehh, what's the point?

Mikeside

I mean, I'm happy to post hourly updates on what I've had for lunch, what the weather's like and everything, but it's not the most interesting.

I think -

Meat has fought the Godzilla fight to the death, but died shortly after from the wounds

Musha has not only been banned but imprisoned for her crimes against gaf gold members

Who have I missed?

I'm more of a reader than a poster nowadays - it's hard to find time to be active, yo

Son Of D

I think -

Who have I missed?

I don't know. Who have you missed?

*Cough*

NinjaBoiX

I think -

Who have I missed?
Nah man, I still love my BritGAF brahs! I have probably been posting more in FakeGAF these days, but it's not a conscious choice. There's just a good few peeps in there that I like having a bit of craic with that don't post in here.
I had a birthday this month, but that didn't seem to interest many folks...
I'm pretty sure I wished you a happy birthday chief, after being prompted mind! I don't really check the OP anymore, that's Mike's job now.

Musha often checks and posts birthday wishes, bless her.

Edit: she even checks from beyond the grave!

Aface, if you happen to be lurking, Musha_Soturi wishes you a happy birthday.

As do I.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Remember when Ninja and Musha flirted in the thread like non-stop and then one of Musha's boyfriend's friend's saw her laying her head on his lap or something and they got worried? That was pretty funny. BritGAF season (OT3 or thereabouts) was when this soap opera community had its best ratings I think, since Kentpaul was still around during that season and Mike was always complaining about being lonely. Season 4 had too much cyanide. Season 5 seems like the writer's have completely run out of any interesting ideas altogether.

8bit

Knows the Score
Remember when Ninja and Musha flirted in the thread like non-stop and then one of Musha's boyfriend's friend's saw her laying her head on his lap or something and they got worried? That was pretty funny. BritGAF season (OT3 or thereabouts) was when this soap opera community had its best ratings I think, since Kentpaul was still around during that season and Mike was always complaining about being lonely. Season 4 had too much cyanide. Season 5 seems like the writer's have completely run out of any interesting ideas altogether.

It's coming up for the summer lull, I'm sure there will be a new interesting twist introduced in August or so to shake everything up. Maybe a cross-dressing robot or one of the regular posters will be unexpectedly promoted to mod.

Vashetti

Banned
It's coming up for the summer lull, I'm sure there will be a new interesting twist introduced in August or so to shake everything up. Maybe a cross-dressing robot or one of the regular posters will be unexpectedly promoted to mod.

7sRW1Tf.gif

Chinner

Banned
don't worry about fakegaf guys. the clique would rather be a big fish in a pond than lisa riley in the sea. they'll come back.

Mikeside

Did you enjoy the Christmas special where I got laid, Dapperbandit got punched in the face and Eggybob spent all his drinking money on charity Christmas presents?

That was probably my favourite episode.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Did you enjoy the Christmas special where I got laid, Dapperbandit got punched in the face and Eggybob spent all his drinking money on charity Christmas presents?

That was probably my favourite episode.
I missed that, but then again I generally dislike Christmas episodes of television shows. I did hear about you getting some finally, good job chap. Dapper getting punched in the face would only be amusing to me if it was captured on camera and was available in gif form. Then I could use it to win arguments.

Chinner

Banned
the clique ruined this thread. no doubt about it. too many mind games and politics now. musha clicks her fingers and says whats what, too much discrimination against people who don't stay within the inside circles. this thread is the bucket under a leaking roof, a desperate attempt to fix a problem out of control , but we're in denial, the leak itself is whatsapp and the water we try to collect is just piss.

NinjaBoiX

Cyanide Strike was the best poster ever to grace these halls. Every day was a new calamity; his landlord, his ex, his kid, his tumblr escapades, DD/LG, Nigeria, etc.

Gone but not forgotten Cy.

Keep on keepin' on brother.
what even is fakegaf
It's just this bullshit community thread.

Don't believe the hype.

Vashetti

Banned
the clique ruined this thread. no doubt about it. too many mind games and politics now. musha clicks her fingers and says whats what, too much discrimination against people who don't stay within the inside circles. this thread is the bucket under a leaking roof, a desperate attempt to fix a problem out of control , but we're in denial, the leak itself is whatsapp and the water we try to collect is just piss.

best post I've seen from you

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

I got kind of a rearguard action here, as in - what the fuck is whatsapp?

Besides, any britgaf is welcome here. I just tend to steer clear of topics I know nothing of (which is rather a lot these days, but not your fault guys - after all, old grumpy chaps are a bit of a rarity).

It is whatever the flow is - though I'll be a bit irritated if this is just a sideline to some external thing that my nokia 50-something can't get.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I ain't gonna play but I thought me vs Stormtrooper was alright. Still ongoing too (at least on my side, don't lose the faith stormy!).

Vashetti

Banned
c'mon, someone do something interesting

let us RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ and take over GAF

no more will people mock BritGAF

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
c'mon, someone do something interesting

let us RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ and take over GAF

no more will people mock BritGAF

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise ur memes ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm alive, Sploatee, I'm just very badly burnt.

Watching Thick of It S4 for the first time since it aired. "Make like a tree and fuck off" is such a good line.

I literally cried with laughter when Tucker described
Star Wars

"The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think this page is proof that the supporting cast cannot carry the show without the series regulars. If you want the thread to be better, post something interesting you boring fucks.

The dark side gets exclusive videos of kent Paul singing, it's epic.

This thread gets Jackben.

Vashetti

Banned
I think this page is proof that the supporting cast cannot carry the show without the series regulars. If you want the thread to be better, post something interesting you boring fucks.

fuck u

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

...and Tash's balls, of course.

I want a reboot, dammit!

Every time this thread reverts back to music discussion I stop reading it for a day or two, since I never have much if anything of merit to contribute.

Tis my excuse.

So for E3, which other sad cunts have made sure that they're not in work on 10th June?

Vashetti

Banned
Every time this thread reverts back to music discussion I stop reading it for a day or two, since I never have much if anything of merit to contribute.

Tis my excuse.

So for E3, which other sad cunts have made sure that they're not in work on 10th June?

Me!

One of the pleasures of being unemployed. Though I do volunteer in PDSA.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Tis my excuse.

So E3, which other sad cunts here have made sure they're not in work on the 10th June?

I sound like an old man but I really miss they heyday of 1up when they did mad podcast coverage. I remember one year in particular where Shaun Elliot interviewed Jon Blow and it was so good. These days I don't have a connection to E3 with folks I'm interested in so much. The conferences and stuff I can take or leave.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

mQdn99r.jpg

Got to have your fingers in a few different pies man.

images

Me!

One of the pleasures of being unemployed. Though I do volunteer in PDSA.

Flexible shifts is one of a scant few perks of my job (can't wait to start my new one in a few months). I just need to change my shift on the 9th to an early, then I'll probably watch straight through from MS to Sony. IRC time?

Gym the next day to cleanse my lazy soul.

Chinner

Banned
It's not what you know it's who. the game is fixed, the outcome is set and here's the secret: you're set up to lose before you even post. I've seen plenty of posts here ignored over the usual suspects discussing what musha's fanny farts smell like.

this thread used to be escapism from reality, now it's just another interpretation. we're no longer free of judgement, but instead the dynamics of office politics. the clique is too big for the thread, needing constant validation from each other in whatsapp. Yet, we're not big enough for the thread, why bother posting when there is an obvious group effort to put you down?

Britgaf is dead.

Slowdive

Banned

Tis my excuse.

I'm probably taking the day off, yeah.

Mikeside

It's not what you know it's who. the game is fixed, the outcome is set and here's the secret: you're set up to lose before you even post. I've seen plenty of posts here ignored over the usual suspects discussing what musha's fanny farts smell like.

this thread used to be escapism from reality, now it's just another interpretation. we're no longer free of judgement, but instead the dynamics of office politics. the clique is too big for the thread, needing constant validation from each other in whatsapp. Yet, we're not big enough for the thread, why bother posting when there is an obvious group effort to put you down?

Britgaf is dead.

Dude, we all know the reality of it, but we don't post it to keep the suicide rates down.

Britgaf is dead.

how do you even type any way? you're a duck.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry sploat, HS deemed my win unworthy and booted me, can't connect...

WHAT WIN YOU DID RUBBISH YOU COULDN'T EVEN CLICK A BLOODY CARD

(I was gonna offer you a rematch, you bloody expert, you!)

Oi! I'm solid support. Like a really small and not particularly strong Atlas.

Marc

Britgaf is dead.

Bloody hell, Chinner doesn't like to pull punches. lol

I was a newbie and interested in the thread but kind of faded away quickly, been spending more time in footyGAF. Mostly because this is a smaller group, tighter and real life friends and whatsapp undermined the thread a bit. That is not a criticism, its actually pretty great, good to see such a group of friends but as a newcomer its a lot harder to break through. It requires more effort and dedication. Footygaf has that closeknit group as well, and whatsapp undermines it at time but there are more 'members' so it never brings the thread down really. Also as it is about a specific subject posters can fall back onto that.

I don't think of it necessarily as a clique, but they are friends and the majority, so it is what it is. Although if everyone who isn't a direct friend got involved more then perhaps they can build a friendship and community as well and the two can mingle on better terms, dunno. I will try and contribute more and get involved for my part, have a bit more time these days and a better phone to view the forum as I don't think GAF has any app so sometimes gets hard with GIF's and such.

What happened to Musha, just saw she was banned?

So having said all that, how is everyone? :D I remember there were some NIN fans here, I am going to their concert tonight... really looking forward to it although only had 2 hours sleep. I also remember some comic con fans here, am taking my daughter to that tomorrow. Actually bothering to dress up this time as it looked like a laugh, so got a rorschach mask. Basically going to shout "I'M BATMAN" and "WHERE ARE THEEEEY!!" at people who look like watchmen fans to blow minds. Although you can't see shit with it on so will more likely just be walking into walls.

Juicy Bob

Voted! Why are our elections so low-tech? I want ballot machines!
Having now finally voted in the UK as well as Australia, I have to admit that I think the Aussies do it better when it comes to the whole election thing.

I felt it was a shame when the alternative voting system (similar to what we use Down Under) failed to get adopted.

Although, I'm not really sure I trust using this new fangled computery thingies to record all our votes. Knowing the Tories' attitude to 'saving money', they'd insist they were all run on Windows 98...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom