• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do wenches stand on zoos? Do wenches enjoy a chicken katsu curry?

It's Blue January at Yo! Sushi, drown them in fucking chicken katsu curry.

Btw, went to Higoi in Nottingham with Notts lass on Saturday. One of the best Japanese restaurants I've eaten at in England.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think wenches prefer to serve beer/sleep with pirates

Aaaaaar you sure about that?

...I'll get my coat.

Edit: @Shorty: I'm dead serious. Brass tends to make everything better...

...Well, except ska bands, nothing can help them. Oh, and fuck sax solos, too; they make my blood cringe (if that's even possible).

Good, did a 50+ km hike over three days. Mostly uphill going from 2700m to 3800m. Totally beat right now though!

Hey Darren, where are you right now?

...I'll get my coat.

I be not sure, they may also like bein' treated like booty

...Well, except ska bands, nothing can help them. Oh, and fuck sax solos, too; they make my blood cringe (if that's even possible).

Ok now you can get out.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

...I'll get my coat.

Edit: @Shorty: I'm dead serious. Brass tends to make everything better...

John Coltrane looks at you in disgust. You just hurt his feelings.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I be not sure, they may also like bein' treated like booty

Haha! A booty call to a pirate doesn't involve wenches.

Ok now you can get out.

Over the sax solos or the ska band slagging?

I don't think we can be on speaking terms anymore...

We were on speaking terms?

John Coltrane looks at you in disgust. You just hurt his feelings.

Sorry, I should've specified that I hate sax solos in rock music (i.e Pink Floyd). I dig that Coltrane cat. He's a real up and comer.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Perhaps I need to re-adjust my idea of a zoo. Caged animals looking all depressed while throwin' poop at each other didn't seem like a good date idea for me.

It's where we demonstrate our superiority over the animal kingdom. "See here, potential mate, look at this prison for nature. Are you aroused yet??"

Mikeside

I have tickets to go see Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake and Zebrahead at Shepherds Bush in Feb.

Good plan, it's not like you had anything better to do that weekend :p

Sorry, I should've specified that I hate sax solos in rock music (i.e Pink Floyd). I dig that Coltrane cat. He's a real up and comer.

Bruce Springsteen begs to differ.

edit: also, how is it possible to be depressed whilst throwing poop at other living things? That sounds like a fucking riot.

Wes

venison crêpe
Perhaps I need to re-adjust my idea of a zoo. Caged animals looking all depressed while throwin' poop at each other didn't seem like a good date idea for me.

That can happen of course. Not many living things want to remain cooped up in the same area for large periods of their life. However try looking at it from a standpoint of conservation. Sure, people are making money from the animals as a tourist attraction but a fair chunk of that is reinvested in preserving the numbers of various species and the general welfare of the creatures in their care. It's a rich source of education also but that point often gets overlooked.

As a venue for a date it's almost ideal. There are always things to talk about than can tangent off in to a myriad of other areas of discussion so you're never stuck for things to say.

I see.... um... I don't actually know any of those bands, but I hope you have a wonderful time all the same. Personally, I'd rather eat my own flesh.

Really? Even if it's not your thing I'm surprised a musically knowledgable person such as yourself hasn't heard of at least Reel Big Fish, their cover of A-ha's Take on Me was a regular occurance at rock clubs in the late nineties/early noughties

Good plan, it's not like you had anything better to do that weekend :p

You ditched my birthday party first dude....

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Even if it's not your thing I'm surprised a musically knowledgable person such as yourself hasn't heard of at least Reel Big Fish, their cover of A-ha's Take on Me was a regular occurance at rock clubs in the late nineties/early noughties

There was a band that covered that song in that style in Baseketball, was that them? As far as ska goes (if you can call it that), I've heard of The Specials (who, admittedly, have some great tunes) and Madness (fuck no).

Ska/Punk is a world I've never really bothered with.

Ye gads, man.

Blink Me

They still play that now as well as Less Than Jake- All My Best Friends Are Metal Heads. And yeah Reel Big Fish did the Baseketball cover.

SKINNER!

Banned
That can happen of course. Not many living things want to remain cooped up in the same area for large periods of their life. However try looking at it from a standpoint of conservation. Sure, people are making money from the animals as a tourist attraction but a fair chunk of that is reinvested in preserving the numbers of various species and the general welfare of the creatures in their care. It's a rich source of education also but that point often gets overlooked.

As a venue for a date it's almost ideal. There are always things to talk about than can tangent off in to a myriad of other areas of discussion so you're never stuck for things to say.

And I suppose zoos in this country are at least maintained a lot better than certain ones abroad. Interestingly, I don't seem to have much problems with aquariums and would happily take a girl out to one...even though it's kinda the same as a zoo :S

Oh, we going into Less Than Jake territory now? Sweet

Gotta give some love to Chris too

Forgot that I book tickets to see Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish in Glasgow back in July. Got Anamanaguchi two days beforehand too. Gonna be a crazy week.

There was a band that covered that song in that style in Baseketball, was that them? As far as ska goes (if you can call it that), I've heard of The Specials (who, admittedly, have some great tunes) and Madness (fuck no).

Ska/Punk is a world I've never really bothered with.

See now I would have though that would have been right up your alley.

If you're willing to give it a go I can give you some recommendations?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
See now I would have though that would have been right up your alley.

Sweet Zombie Jesus, no.

If you're willing to give it a go I can give you some recommendations?

Always willing to listen to new music. Equally, I'm always willing to be proven wrong (I kind of have to be, it happens so often).

Forgot that I book tickets to see Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish in Glasgow back in July. Got Anamanaguchi two days beforehand too. Gonna be a crazy week.

Now, I see where our problem occurred.

NinjaBoiX

I always thought Less Than Jake was the most popular out of those three bands.

Ska is ok, I don't mind listening to it as it's at least got a nice bop to it. It's good BBQ/sunshine music, but probably not something I'd choose to stick on myself.

I'd rather listen to some plain old punk or reggae to be honest, but I never find ska obnoxious or anything.

Mikeside

Ska is ok, I don't mind listening to it as it's at least got a nice bop to it. It's good BBQ/sunshine music, but probably not something I'd choose to stick on myself.

I'd rather listen to some plain old punk or reggae to be honest, but I never find ska obnoxious or anything.

This is pretty much my opinion.
It's great for gatherings, gigs and festivals, but I'd never really listen to it day-to-day.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I think you've picked exactly the right word for describing why I hate both Ska and sax solos; I find them really obnoxious. You, sir, are my new Countdown partner.

Ok, I can't post anything now as in work but I'll put something up for you later.

Coolio.

8bit

Knows the Score
I always equated Ska with 2 Tone as it was a big influence on some of the people I knew in the 70s/80s, this record was never far from their bedrooms.

dancecraze_uk_front.jpg

Mikeside

You realise that I'm kidding right?

Just making sure you knew I wasn't annoyed over something silly. I worry quite a lot what people think about my reactions to things like this. You probably know me well enough by now, though.

Speaking of which, kind of, when do you wanna do a proper Camden guitar and tattoos night? I'm thinking it'll have to be after you get back from holiday, but I'd be up for a big ole night of it pretty soon.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I always equated Ska with 2 Tone as it was a big influence on some of the people I knew in the 70s/80s, this record was never far from their bedrooms.

dancecraze_uk_front.jpg

That stuff was the shit, such a cool era. I might have to track that record down it looks really cool.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just making sure you knew I wasn't annoyed over something silly. I worry quite a lot what people think about my reactions to things like this. You probably know me well enough by now, though.

Speaking of which, kind of, when do you wanna do a proper Camden guitar and tattoos night? I'm thinking it'll have to be after you get back from holiday, but I'd be up for a big ole night of it pretty soon.

oh and speaking of Bank Holidays, have you firmed up the deets for this Sark trip thing? Ellie keeps asking me about it and I'm like SHUT UP WOMAN GAWD

Mikeside

oh and speaking of Bank Holidays, have you firmed up the deets for this Sark trip thing? Ellie keeps asking me about it and I'm like SHUT UP WOMAN GAWD

I'll make a 100% decision tomorrow evening and will start the thread, post to Facebook, update the whatsapp guys etc.

Didn't want to get plans together before xmas, but I guess it's time to prepare for fun :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'll make a 100% decision tomorrow evening and will start the thread, post to Facebook, update the whatsapp guys etc.

Didn't want to get plans together before xmas, but I guess it's time to prepare for fun :)

Aw yeah! Preparing for fun!!

Will hold all my Qs until tmoz then. Fingers are all crossed that I can actually come. The trouble with doing anything in may when you run exams...

Mikeside

I'm thinking Saturday Morning until Monday afternoon - not sure which May bank holiday yet, but the last weekend is probably best for me due to payday on the Friday just before.

I think we've got quite a lot of other halves coming, haven't we?

Mr Soturi, Mrs Sniv, Ms Mikeside, a couple of my friends might come along, anyone else want to bring friends or partners?

Infact, can we just get a roll call of who's interested?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm thinking Saturday Morning until Monday afternoon - not sure which May bank holiday yet, but the last weekend is probably best for me due to payday on the Friday just before.

I think we've got quite a lot of other halves coming, haven't we?

Mr Soturi, Mrs Sniv, Ms Mikeside, a couple of my friends might come along, anyone else want to bring friends or partners?

Infact, can we just get a roll call of who's interested?

If it's the last bank holiday then I 99% def can come. If it's the first bank holiday then my chances drop to around 25% maybe can come, because that monday is kickoff for exams at the school (yes even though it's a bank holiday, motherfucking International Baccalaureate!). I'm not quite sure if I'll be required in school that day. I'm hoping not but it's possible.

On the flipside, Ellie has that first bank holiday off since it's our wedding anniversary but might not be able to get the end of the month off. We'll see!

Just pick the date that suits most folks and I'll try me darnedest to make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom