• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I'm going to be in Manchester Sat 22th - Mon 24th February. sploat, help me champion a mancGAF mini-meet; we can meet Steve, CHEEZMO, little old man and those other members of mancGAF I can't think of right now. :/

Mike, if you want to catch up for a very belated birthday drink in Feb, this will the time buddy. Fancy a pop up to Manchester?

January nearly done, back to the ol' avatar soon
CssAjje.jpg

OK, it's not that exciting.

I do like sploatee's new avatar though, it's cool.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's meant to be a worried looking baby. I'm generally quite worried, so I thought it was a nice fit.

Makes quasi-sexual abuse-comedy a bit off-piste though.

I wasn't commenting on the quality of your avatar so much as I was joining in with a joke I didn't fully comprehend. :)

SmokyDave

Dave's Totally Fucking Weird Thought of the Night: I'm going to have a conversation with my daughter about 9/11 one day.

She will be as far removed from it as I am from the Vietnam war. Holy shit.

I know that an America-centric chain of thoughts to have, but there you go. Nuts.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'm kinda stoned right now but in a bus so I can't be bothered to go nuts so I've got a Fucking belter of a post coming when I'm back in Portsmouth at home

Hold on to your butts
CHEEZMO™;97846373 said:
I wanna watch 12 years but fuck going to the pictures alone.
I'd totally join you if I could brah, shit looks sweet as fuck
I really need to catch up with Adventure Time. I think I was on Season 3.

January nearly done, back to the ol' avatar soon
I forget your previous one, wasn't it that shopped picture of you
Schrödinger's cat;97831316 said:
Very tasty. 8.5/10. Would eat again.
I swear to god I'm so jealous I'm dying for some top quality munch right now with a dash of love to top it off

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Dave's Totally Fucking Weird Thought of the Night: I'm going to have a conversation with my daughter about 9/11 one day.

She will be as far removed from it as I am from the Vietnam war. Holy shit.

I know that an America-centric chain of thoughts to have, but there you go. Nuts.

Translating into UK-speak (and expanding the scale to phisheep-time) - my grandfather (who taught me to play billiards) was in the Royal Flying Corps in WWI. His grandfather was around for (though not actually in) the battle of Waterloo.

SmokyDave

Translating into UK-speak (and expanding the scale to phisheep-time) - my grandfather (who taught me to play billiards) was in the Royal Flying Corps in WWI. His grandfather was around for (though not actually in) the battle of Waterloo.
Woah. That's a whole different level from 'I watched a plane crash on TV'.

I'm going to tell Lottie that her grandad was a cat burglar until his knees started giving him grief. Knowing my dad, he'll either play along or invent something slightly more grandiose. Unfortunately digging too deeply into my ancestral past unearths some unpleasant things that I'd rather keep from her until she's older so I'm hoping she's predominantly curious about her mothers side. Assuming she's curious about any of it, of course.

SKINNER!

Banned
Haha! With one post I've utterly doomed any chance of a beautiful friendship with you, haven't I?

Nah, I sell crap to schools and data on schools to people who want to sell them crap. I was just mildly interested because International Schools was my area for a while and they used to lap up IB stuff. Boring, really.

We could've had something special Screaming Meat!! But you just HAD to ruin it by hating on Ska and Saxophones. Nah, you're alright dude :D All rage fans are alright in my book... Except Paul Ryan. Studied in an international school during my primary school days.

Mikeside

If our kids are any kind of curious about us they'll probably end up reading though BritGAF OTs one day...

BRB, editing all my posts.

8bit

Knows the Score
We only had three channels and they shut down at night.

You can't fast forward live TV.

Those are cassettes. You need to wait until it gets to the correct point to hear the song you wanted.

We had to go to a library to find things out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Those are cassettes. You need to wait until it gets to the correct point to hear the song you wanted.

It's weird how cassettes are presented as a relic of an ancient time and yet even I grew up with them.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What clique?

heh :p

I think some folks like Suairyu are just lone gunmen and don't like it when people get too chummy in a group. Can't judge the man for it, that's just how he interacts with people.

I miss his urbanity and media insider knowledge though. Now all we have is Jonathan Ex as our media dude. Jonathan, tell us a story about the London Media Elite please

Thanks, I'd check it out on Netflix but it doesn't have subtitles.

I noticed that (sucks because I wanted to watch it while on the treadmill without turning the sound way up). Not wanting to rub it in, but the voice acting is one of the really good things about it too - Jake's voice is done by the guy who did Bender off of Futurama.

:-( Maybe the DVDs are subtitled? Anyone got them?

And yeah, just to add to what the others have said, I'd say it's a kids show that anyone can watch. Feels a little "Calvin and Hobbes"-ish in places.

heh :p

I think some folks like Suairyu are just lone gunmen and don't like it when people get too chummy in a group. Can't judge the man for it, that's just how he interacts with people.

I miss his urbanity and media insider knowledge though. Now all we have is Jonathan Ex as our media dude. Jonathan, tell us a story about the London Media Elite please

Yeah I liked the guy, I sat here in shock when I realised that he'd had the snip without telling his girlfriend.

I noticed that (sucks because I wanted to watch it while on the treadmill without turning the sound way up). Not wanting to rub it in, but the voice acting is one of the really good things about it too - Jake's voice is done by the guy who did Bender off of Futurama.

:-( Maybe the DVDs are subtitled? Anyone got them?

And yeah, just to add to what the others have said, I'd say it's a kids show that anyone can watch. Feels a little "Calvin and Hobbes"-ish in places.

Yeah I've heard that about the voice acting, I can hear it but with a cartoon it's just that bit more difficult to make out the words.

Fortunately Netflix is getting it's arse in gear regarding subtitles and progress is being made.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ebaum's world or albinoblacksheep?

EDIT: I bet it's newgrounds.

Realise I didn't answer this enquiry. I believe the answer would be the animator's site (he had a webtoon that I followed) and Something Awful's flash tub.

I also realise this dates back to when I was in secondary school. Woah, that's a long time ago.

SKINNER!

Banned
aww yess. Bought a spare part for my camera off ebay and merely asked the guy if he knew where I can buy some screws for it becuase it's one of those tiny ones. What does he do? He turns round and says "I'll just send you some along with the part mate".

What a legend. I salute you ebay seller for being one of the few good, honest people in that shithole of a marketplace.

Realise I didn't answer this enquiry. I believe the answer would be the animator's site (he had a webtoon that I followed) and Something Awful's flash tub.

I also realise this dates back to when I was in secondary school. Woah, that's a long time ago.

Dammit, not even close >.<

Before the days of youtube it was ebaumsworld and albinoblacksheep. Newgrounds picked up once I was in first year uni. Web 1.0/1.5 sure was a bizarre time.

Still remember the day I recommended a friend to check out youtube for videos and he was convinced I was taking the piss out of him becuase of the name.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey southernGAF, do you know of any small scale local summer festivals? Looking for places to play this summer, some smaller festivals would be lovely.

5Km5UII.jpg

BBC Radio 6music have announced their own festival:

Friday February 28th & Saturday March 1st.
Victoria Warehouse, Manchester.

Lineup announced so far:

Metronomy, The National, Haim, James Blake, Drenge, Jimi Goodwin (singer from the Doves), Luke Sital-Singh, Nick Mulvey, Bombay Bicycle Club, Franz Ferdinand, Jagwar Ma, Midlake, Outfit, Kelis, The Horrors, Lykke Li, Jake Bugg, Damon Albarn.

Tickets are about £30 including fees.

Traveling from the south to manchester will probably cost twice that amount :(

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
5Km5UII.jpg

Lineup announced so far:

Metronomy, The National, Haim, James Blake, Drenge and Jimi Goodwin (singer from the Doves)

what fees could they be referring to?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Disgraceful. I've paid my licences fee. BBC should be giving me £30 to attend their concert.

Got sick of our cliquey bullshit I should imagine... we've disgusted and alienated two of the ducks, not good folks.

We need to start working on Daps for the hat trick.

Like bowel cancer, I'm tough to get rid of.

Also, let's not forget Jed,
I know exactly where you live.

NinjaBoiX

5Km5UII.jpg

Lineup announced so far:

Metronomy, The National, Haim, James Blake, Drenge and Jimi Goodwin (singer from the Doves)

Bah, you tell me about this 12 hours after I've just booked train tickets for the previous weekend!

Bummer. :(
PM me nearer the time.
Will do brah.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
5Km5UII.jpg

Lineup announced so far:

I quite like radio 6 but damn if ever there was a festival where everyone will be standing still looking cool and miserable...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm going to be in Manchester Sat 22th - Mon 24th February. sploat, help me champion a mancGAF mini-meet; we can meet Steve, CHEEZMO, little old man and those other members of mancGAF I can't think of right now. :/

OK. What do I need to do?

OI! MANCS OR NEAR MANCS! MINI MEET! 22 FEB OR CLOSE TO! YOU COMIN?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think the awkward questions from Mrs Jed would put me off...seriously, I'm interested to know what her take on that was

She's basically a female version of me but a touch less pervy (edit: also way fitter) so she found it hilarious and suggested we put it in the bedroom. To which I told her no, so it's on our bookcase currently :)

When is your birthday: 20th October 84
Where do you live: Newport-on-Tay (Across from Dundee... Sigh)
Where are you from: Dundee
What do you do: Officer of Court
What is your quest: To keep Scotland in the Union, as then there won't be a Britgaf thread! And save up for my wedding while trying to save up for a new console...
Favourite actor/actress: Steve Buscemi and Olivia Wilde
Favourite band/artist: Mostly American stuff... Not many british bands the now I like...
Favourite TV show: Currently 8 out of 10 Cats do Countdown, or Would I Lie To You
Favourite crisps: Golden Wonder.. Ready Salted
Favourite biscuit: Kitkat
Least favourite Pokémon: Most of them
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalagmite...
How do you cut your sandwiches I don't... I'm a monster!

She's basically a female version of me but a touch less pervy (edit: also way fitter) so she found it hilarious and suggested we put it in the bedroom. To which I told her no, so it's on our bookcase currently :)

I'm very happy to hear that.

I was constantly second guessing myself about whether or not to do it, before and after I went to the studio. The thought that perhaps neither of you would find it funny occasionally turned my blood to ice but by then it was already in the mail.

Woah. That's a whole different level from 'I watched a plane crash on TV'.

I'm going to tell Lottie that her grandad was a cat burglar until his knees started giving him grief. Knowing my dad, he'll either play along or invent something slightly more grandiose. Unfortunately digging too deeply into my ancestral past unearths some unpleasant things that I'd rather keep from her until she's older so I'm hoping she's predominantly curious about her mothers side. Assuming she's curious about any of it, of course.

Lottie? You have a name?????

When is your birthday: 20th October 84
Where do you live: Newport-on-Tay (Across from Dundee... Sigh)
Where are you from: Dundee
What do you do: Officer of Court
What is your quest: To keep Scotland in the Union, as then there won't be a Britgaf thread! And save up for my wedding while trying to save up for a new console...
Favourite actor/actress: Steve Buscemi and Olivia Wilde
Favourite band/artist: Mostly American stuff... Not many british bands the now I like...
Favourite TV show: Currently 8 out of 10 Cats do Countdown, or Would I Lie To You
Favourite crisps: Golden Wonder.. Ready Salted
Favourite biscuit: Kitkat
Least favourite Pokémon: Most of them
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalagmite...
How do you cut your sandwiches I don't... I'm a monster!

Welcome! When you say American stuff, what sort of American stuff?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm very happy to hear that.

I was constantly second guessing myself about whether or not to do it, before and after I went to the studio. The thought that perhaps neither of you would find it funny occasionally turned my blood to ice but by then it was already in the mail.

So did you go to the studio specially for that pic? That was the main question we were asking ourselves - "why does this man have pics of himself to hand like this?"

SKINNER!

Banned
Wish I had that gif of Kaz Hirai approaching a lady in bed and puts down the framed picture of Reggie Fils-Aime before she waves her finger and puts the framed picture up again. Would fit so perfectly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom