• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Yeah, this is true Jed, peeps are usually busier on the weekend. But in general, BritGAF is a whole lot quieter than it used to be, we'd have burned through this thread by now 6 months ago. And as you say, even whatsapp is regularly dead now.

I remember a time when most BritPeeps would chime in on a morning and exchange pleasantries, I feel like we're drifting apart these days...

gYhVLZw.gif

But some of the posts when this place was quicker moving were things like Cy going "Lol, had a sandwich.", so not really missing that to be honest. It would be nice if there were more girls here, that's true.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
rubbing ashes on your face is a little weird, almost as weird as sniffing shit off a strangers hands.

big boss is weird and i cant take him at all seriously.

I'M NOT DOING THIS, REKNOC. I'M NOT. I'M FACKING NOT, ALRIGHT?!

This is the story of BB going mental i.e. FULL AHAB.

Guten mogen Brit volk

I'm running on about 11% energy today; very tired. On the weekend I went clubbing with some friends until 3AM by which point my friend had become very drunk and no taxi would take us so we had to walk all the way from Kingston to Shepperton, propping up a staggering friend. It was a long, tiring journey. Judging from the scratches and bumps I have, I fell into a bush of nettles at least once. Got home 7AM.

Thankfully I now have a working laptop and spent the rest of the day catching up with GoT which was nice. I also fell asleep way too early, meaning I didn't sleep well. Flow my tears.

At least now my waptop works I can watch E3; I literally went out and bought popcorn for this. Are we all using that Rizon. irc? When I looked it up I only saw Danj and BGBW as users.

Looking forward to seeing more of Battlefront and I'll be excited for the possibility of
Purse Owner 5

NinjaBoiX

But some of the posts when this place was quicker moving were things like Cy going "Lol, had a sandwich.", so not really missing that to be honest. It would be nice if there were more girls here, that's true.
"Wimin are all the same, snakes with tits. They barely show you any interest, then when you develop a slightly weird, creepy crush that isn't reciprocated in the least they shoot you down.

Woe and things."

Reknoc

Well, The Witcher 3 trailer and the leaked MGS5 trailer means anything I really gave a shit about at E3 is already available lol though there's still the MGS5 gameplay stuff to look forward to I guess...

And whatever Nintendo has but if I don't expect anything I can't be disappointed.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm on the harumph side of this too. I predict we will see flashy trailers for games we already know about, including the fascinating latest iterations of Call of Duty, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed. Sony will show more footage of indie games we already know about. There will be one or two announcements for new games which won't come out until October anyway. The kids on gaming side will go STARK RAVING MAD over some random thing. I'd just like Diablo to come out on PS4, really. Even though I've never played it. The Witness won't come out for ages. No man's sky will probably end up on Xbox. The Order is miles away. Fed up of the Last Guardian.

Anyway, it's raining, I'm working from home and I'm gonna make a brew.

Oh yeah, PlayStation now. Which won't come out for a while.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm on the harumph side of this too. I expect it'll be the same thing that happens every four years. I won't be able to move for England flags. Wayne Rooney will annoy me. Commentators will mention 1966 at least 1,966 times. It's just the latest iterations of... Etc etc

It's really really chucking it down.

"Wimin are all the same, snakes with tits. They barely show you any interest, then when you develop a slightly weird, creepy crush that isn't reciprocated in the least they shoot you down.

Woe and things."

When I think of Cyanide now I see him at the top of a tall tower on a windswept hill. Rain lashes the lone window and the room is illuminated only by frequent flashes of lightning. The walls are plastered with taped up pictures of women who have spurned him. In the corner sits his daughter. But it's not really his daughter, it's an improvment; a daughter that can never leave him or criticise him. He built her from pots and pans and stray rags. She watches silently with the buttons he gave her for eyes. Cyanide is staring at himself in the mirror, blowing kisses at himself as he applies clothes pegs to his nipples and yells "I WILL MAKE THEM LOVE ME!" over and over.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on the harumph side of this too. I expect it'll be the same thing that happens every four years. I won't be able to move for England flags. Wayne Rooney will annoy me. Commentators will mention 1966 at least 1,966 times. It's just the latest iterations of... Etc etc

It's really really chucking it down.

Well then. Um.

Total Global War in a few years, huh? That looks like it'll be interesting...

Reknoc

Finally got around to picking up Times of Contempt in preparation for The Witcher 3. Finished Blood of Elves yonks a go but Times of Contempt's english release seemed to keep getting pushed back and now all the books are out. Didn't pick up Baptism of Fire though as it was like, an inch bigger than Times of Contempt and that bothered me too much. Will wait and see if they do a reprint at the proper size.

And whatever Nintendo has but if I don't expect anything I can't be disappointed.

Nintendo is easy: Smash Bros 3DS release date, and then I'm sightly hopeful for a Dragon Quest VII localization.

I should be excited to see SW Battlefront, but it's EA running that show, so I'm anticipating a clusterfuck of a launch, ala Battlefield 4.

Reknoc

Nintendo is easy: Smash Bros 3DS release date, and then I'm sightly hopeful for a Dragon Quest VII localization.

I should be excited to see SW Battlefront, but it's EA running that show, so I'm anticipating a clusterfuck of a launch, ala Battlefield 4.

Expecting DQ is already too much, though I'm hoping for something Zelda related even if its just a release date for Hyrule Warriors.

Battlefront is supposed to be yet another 2015 game so urgghh. need something releasing this year that isn't CoD or Ubishit (though I guess i'm excited for Farcry a little)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well then. Um.

Total Global War in a few years, huh? That looks like it'll be interesting...

I'm on the harumph side of this too. If the latest Greek iteration of fascism has taught us anything, it is that there are no new decent IPs anymore. Etc etc.

But who am I kidding?! War Yay! Our lives will have purpose!!!

(sorry, it's Monday)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sigh football :( hopefully England's involvement is short and sweet. This country is already getting depressingly fascist this year, could do without the sunburn brigade having too much to get excited about tbh.

I was about to get all cynical about Battlefront but I'll backtrack as I don't want to add to the bubbling brew of broiled butthurt sploat and jed are cooking.

So actually, Everything Will Be Great

hlJCB0x.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I was about to get all cynical about Battlefront but I'll backtrack as I don't want to add to the bubbling brew of broiled butthurt sploat and jed are cooking.

So actually, Everything Will Be Great

hlJCB0x.jpg

Hahahahahahaha

Look, I love video games! They completely take the place of TV in my life (apart from Question Time). If they announce something magical then Hurray! But I've got a feeling it's just going to be standard stuff.

Edit- and it's very smug. Maybe it's because it's so American, but I could never understand the emotional response that a corporate showcase can create. I pay you money for these things! You're not a benevolent grandmother!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahahahahaha

Look, I love video games! They completely take the place of TV in my life (apart from Question Time). If they announce something magical then Hurray! But I've got a feeling it's just going to be standard stuff.

Edit- and it's very smug. Maybe it's because it's so American, but I could never understand the emotional response that a corporate showcase can create. I pay you money for these things! You're not a benevolent grandmother!

All I'm interested in is seeing games. Are you not interested in that Project Beast business (if it shows)? You never got the chance to try Demon's/Dark Souls, did you? That'll likely be the next best thing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
All I'm interested in is seeing games. Are you not interested in that Project Beast business (if it shows)? You never got the chance to try Demon's/Dark Souls, did you? That'll likely be the next best thing.

I am... but it probably won't be out until 2015.

I know I am sounding grouchy, I'm not (any more than usual). Destiny looks good. I might try the Dragon Age game (maybe). There's the Hearthstone campaign too.

It's just that all the Mind Blowing Next Gen experiences so far have either been damp squibs or delayed, so I'm Ho hum on most of the bazillion dollar games. Does anyone really need yet another Call of Duty apart from shareholders? Actually I am grouchy. I should do some work before I have to trek darn sarth. Grumble grumble grumble.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I know I am sounding grouchy, I'm not (any more than usual). Destiny looks good. I might try the Dragon Age game (maybe). There's the Hearthstone campaign too.

It's just that all the Mind Blowing Next Gen experiences so far have either been damp squibs or delayed, so I'm Ho hum on most of the bazillion dollar games. Does anyone really need yet another Call of Duty apart from shareholders? Actually I am grouchy. I should do some work before I have to trek darn sarth. Grumble grumble grumble.

I think I'm going to hide away...

NinjaBoiX

Oh god, is it not Friday 27th yet? I mean, I normally can't be arsed to actually do anything, but I can't even be bothered to pretend now.

"Please release me, let me go,
Because I don't love you anymore,"

When I think of Cyanide now I see him at the top of a tall tower on a windswept hill. Rain lashes the lone window and the room is illuminated only by frequent flashes of lightning. The walls are plastered with taped up pictures of women who have spurned him. In the corner sits his daughter. But it's not really his daughter, it's an improvment; a daughter that can never leave him or criticise him. He built her from pots and pans and stray rags. She watches silently with the buttons he gave her for eyes. Cyanide is staring at himself in the mirror, blowing kisses at himself as he applies clothes pegs to his nipples and yells "I WILL MAKE THEM LOVE ME!" over and over.
Haha! Shitty quality Hayley tumblr gif for this post, Mos Def:

tumblr_lkhgskMjDL1qbsb9zo1_250.gif

Well Call of Duty trailers are the only thing keeping Eminem in the business. Won't someone think of Eminem?

Also I'm debating on whether or not to do the E3 drinking game this year; where you take a shot everytime someone says the word "experience" but I haven't managed to get the day off tomorrow and participating in that endavour would likely give me alchohol poisoning.

Wiseblade

It was irritatingly hot in London today. I'm more of a cold weather guy. Or mild. Why can't it always be mild?

On a totally unrelated note, does anybody know of any good savings accounts? I want to open a savings account but I'm hopeless with anything financial.
Open up a Cash ISA at your local branch of Barclays!

Note: this post is in no way influenced by my current employer.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well Call of Duty trailers are the only thing keeping Eminem in the business. Won't someone think of Eminem?

Also I'm debating on whether or not to do the E3 drinking game this year; where you take a shot everytime someone says the word "experience" but I haven't managed to get the day off tomorrow and participating in that endavour would likely give me alchohol poisoning.

I'm actually PM on a work project which, going forward, aims to help our clients have a [firm name] experience.

Eminem can sod off with his crazy botox. The years I had to spend listening to him whine on about this and that and watch people 'relate'. Eugh.

Mikeside

shurrup, you guys.

E3 isn't about new games, old games, new systems or fun.

It's about pageantry. Having a chortle over the silly things huge corporate companies think gamers want to hear and getting it all wrong.
As a bonus, we'll probably see some games we'll want to buy in the next year or so.

Imagine doing that last year with TV, or social media enabled features, you would have died at the XB1 reveal, never mind E3! In fact I wonder if tablet apps for AAA games will still be a trend this year.

Volotaire

Since this is BRITGAF, I thought this might be useful for us. I made a post a few days where I converted all the GT and IGN streams to BST times for a gaffer. Gamespot should folow same time , so would Twitch and all sorts.

That's when the daily programming starts, it's just they have programming each day pre conference.

ALL BST UK/IRELAND TIMES

Monday - Tuesday First Day IGN BST UK/IRELAND

5:00 pm: IGN's Microsoft Pre-Show
5:30 pm: Microsoft Press Conference
7:00 pm: IGN's Post-Show (feat/ Evolve)
8:00 pm: EA Press Conference
9:00 pm:: IGN's Post-Show
10:00 pm: Halo
10:20 pm: The Evil Within
10:30 pm: IGN's Ubisoft Pre-Show
11:00 pm: Ubisoft Press Conference
---------------------------------------------------
00:00 am: IGN's Post-Show (w/ Aisha Tyler)
1:30 am: IGN's Sony Pre-Show
2:00 am: Sony Press Conference
3:30 am: IGN's Post-Show (w/ Troy Baker)
Tuesday - Wednesday Second Day IGN BST UK/IRELAND

4:30pm: IGN's Nintendo Pre-Show
5:00 pm: Nintendo Digital Event
6:00 pm: IGN's Post-Show (w/ Special Guest)
7:00 pm: Sunset Overdrive
7:20 pm: Fable Legends
7:40 pm: Killer Instinct Season 2
9:00 pm: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
9:20 pm: Destiny
9:40 pm: PlayStation Game
10:00 pm: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
10:20 pm: Nintendo Game
10:40 pm: Batman: Arkham Knight
11:00 pm: Dragon Age: Inquisition
11:20 pm: PlayStation Game
00:20 am: Battlefield: Hardline
00:40 am: Homefront: The Revolution
01:00 am: The Division
01:20 am: Civilization: Beyond Earth
01:40 am: Below
02:00 am: PlayStation Game
02:20 am: PlayStation Game
02:40 am: PlayStation Game

Wednesday - Thursday Third Day IGN BST UK/IRELAND
7:00 pm: PlayStation Game
7:20 pm: PlayStation Game
7:40 pm: EA Sports Game
8:00 pm: Shadow of Mordor
8:50 pm: BattleCry
10:10 pm: Nintendo Game
10:40 pm: Mortal Kombat X
11:00 pm: Assassin's Creed Unity
11:20 pm: Alien: Isolation
11:40 pm: Dark Souls II DLC
00:10 am: Nintendo Game
00:40 am: Madden NFL 15
01:00 am: Project Spark
01:20 am: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
01:40 am: Far Cry 4
02:00 am: The Crew
02:20 am: Secret Ubisoft Game
02:40 am: Crystal Dynamics Game

Thursday - Friday Fourth Day IGN BST UK/IRELAND
7:00 pm: Nintendo Game
7:20 pm: Lego Batman 3
7:40 pm: Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age
8:00 pm: Diablo III PS4
8:20 pm: Dying Light
8:40 pm: EVE: Valykrie
10:10 pm: Nintendo Game
10:40 pm: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
11:00 pm: Tales of Xilia 2
11:20 pm: ID@Xbox Showcase
11:40 pm: Metro: Redux
00:00 am: Lords of the Fallen
00:20 am: Arena of Fate
00:40 am: Hotline Miami 2
01:00 am: PlanetSide 2 PS4
01:20 am: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Gametrailers Monday - Tuesday Day One BST UK/IRELAND
4:45 pm – 5:00 pm
Our coverage kicks off when Sony's Scott Rohde drops by to give us the first look at the E3 demo of Driveclub for PlayStation 4. Plus, meet our special correspondent for the day: Industry veteran Jack Tretton, who will answer questions from the community and provide his insight on what's in store for E3 2014. And we check in with Michael Pachter to get his thoughts on what to expect from the day ahead.
All Access Live: Homefront 2, Phil Spencer, Shadow of Mordor

5:00 pm – 5:30 pm
We kick things into gear with the first-ever gameplay demo of Homefront 2 from CryTek, the exclusive first look at the E3 demo of Shadow of Mordor from Monolith and WBIE, plus another surprise game demo! Geoff Keighley chats with Xbox's Phil Spencer at the Galen Center to preview what Xbox has planned for its annual E3 briefing. Then Jack Tretton, Adam Sessler and Tina Amini from Kotaku run down what to expect from XBox at E3, and we go live to the Xbox "Green Carpet" as developers arrive for the press conference.

Xbox: Game On
5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Live from the Galen Center, Phil Spencer and Xbox reveal the next step in the Halo journey, world premiere Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and more.
All Access Live: Phil Spencer, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo, Crystal Dynamics Game Announcement, and More

7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Immediately following the briefing, Geoff has the exclusive first interview with Phil Spencer about everything that was announced on stage and his new vision for Xbox. Plus, tune in for the world premiere of Sunset Overdrive multiplayer with Marcus Smith from Insomniac Games. Glen Schofield and Michael Condry drop by to discuss Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, we get the latest on Halo E3 news from Frank O'Connor of 343 Industries, the team behind The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt drops by, and Crystal Dynamics visits All Access to make a new game announcement exclusively on Spike — with the first footage too! Also, GT's own Kyle Bosman visits to report on the social sentiment coming out of the Xbox press conference.

EA World Premiere 2014
8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Live from the Shine Exposition Center, Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson reveals Battlefield: Hardline and world premieres nearly a half-dozen new games, including updates on Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age: Inquisition, a new project from Criterion Games, and much more.
All Access Live: Alien: Isolation, Oculus Rift Founder, Batttlefield Hardline, Dragon Age and More Surprises

9:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Immediately following the EA briefing, Karl Magnus from DICE joins us to discuss the studio's announcements at the press conference. Oculus Rift founder Palmer Lucky drops by to discuss the latest on VR and world premieres a new VR demo for the first time anywhere. We also premiere a new demo for Dragon Age: Inquisition beyond what was shown in the press conference with BioWare's Aaryn Flynn. In addition, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg comes by to answer our questions, we get the first look at the Battlecry E3 demo from Bethesda, and don't miss a special surprise executive interview you definitely don't want to miss.
All Access Live: Hideo Kojima, Project Morpheus, Evil Within, and More

10:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Geoff gets a live in studio visit from his friend Hideo Kojima, plus Richard Marks from Sony Computer Entertainment America's Magic Lab comes by to give an update on Project Morpheus and showcase brand new content. Also, don't miss the first E3 demos of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, The Evil Within with Bethesda's Pete Hines, plus EA's Andrew Wilson and Patrick Soderlund drop by to answer all the burning questions about EA's press conference. Then don't miss our Ubisoft press conference panel with special guests Kevin Pereira and Stephen Totilo from Kotaku.

Ubisoft E3 Press Conference
11:00 pm – 00:00 am
Join host Aisha Tyler for the latest world premieres from Ubisoft, including Assassin's Creed: Unity, Far Cry 4, The Division, The Crew, and other upcoming projects.
All Access Live: Yves Guillemot, Jade Raymond, The Portal Board Game, The Crew and More!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

00:00 am – 1:00pm
Immediately following the Ubisoft press briefing, CEO Yves Guillemot and Ubisoft Toronto Managing Director Jade Raymond visit with Geoff to discuss all the announcements and answer your questions. Plus, don't miss interviews about The Crew, a first look at the new Dark Souls II DLC, a demo of the indie darling Below from Capy Games, Fantasia: Music Evolved with Harmonix, and yes, we're even world premiering your first look at the Portal board game from Valve and Cryptozoic. Plus a surprise game demo we can't announce just yet.
All Access Live: Alienware Alpha Steambox World Premiere, Lego Batman 3, and More Surprise Demos

1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Alienware comes by to reveal its new Alpha Gaming Console powered by Steam for the first time with a live demo on our stage. Plus, don't miss demos of Lords of the Fallen, Lego Batman 3, and two other surprise E3 games we can't tell you about just yet. Plus, we lead into the Sony press conference with analysis from Jack Tretton, USA Today's Mike Snider, and Kotaku's Stephen Totilo.

PlayStation Press Conference
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Live from Los Angeles, PlayStation returns to the stage where it dropped the mic in 2013. Find out what's next for the PlayStation 4, including The Order: 1886 and much much more.

NinjaBoiX

Cheers Volitaire, good info dump!

OK, after all my salt I may well watch the MS conference if it's on at 5:30pm, it'll probably be marginally more exciting than yet another episode of Pointless.

*inevitable Kinect dancing games announced*

ibMPKPjs0smEA.gif

For those of us watching/applying band-aids to bums tonight, is there a particular stream we're all watching?

I'm not sure. I've stashed links for Twitch and Youtube, might squirrel away a few others. I'll miss MS and EA live, so hopefully one of them will let me watch it before/after UBI at 11pm.

Volotaire

For those of us watching/applying band-aids to bums tonight, is there a particular stream we're all watching?

GT (usually best quality and content). They have Tretton and Sessler as correspondents and good interviews/demos. I'm going to switch over to Giantbomb every time the conferences tart as they are doing live commentary over the conferences. Then back to GT and forth. After all is finished today, straight to Giantbomb After show hour because they are fantastic. I'll catch up on the good parts of IGN and Gamespot at the end too. Rest of the week, switching between Ninty's livestream, Twitch, IGN and Gamespot since GT is only first day. I'll be watching all Giantbomb's after shows this week too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'll apply for Big Brother next year so I can be famous.

I think you might do quite well actually. You're an odd duck but very likeable, not competing with the Essex lads on their level, but able to beat them by strength of character.

Every year I hope there's someone in there with my temperament but there never is. I think I only watch it now to give me something to shout out. + Emma Willis' eyeballs.

NinjaBoiX

I'll be watching Big Brother.
Everyone point and laugh at the Sniv.

Are there even any cute birds this year? I had a quick glance on launch night, it was all tacky orange WAGs caked in an inch of slap, awkwardly tottering about on three inch heels. Do not want.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Everyone point and laugh at the Sniv.

Are there even any cute birds this year? I had a quick glance on launch night, it was all tacky orange WAGs caked in an inch of slap, awkwardly tottering about on three inch heels. Do not want.

There are one or two but they're moddles all the same. The game has changed from being about people you can relate to, to being a sort of freak show where you're encouraged to hate and throw verbal tomatoes at the screen. It's fun, and for two months the eternal question of "what do we watch tonight?" is answered.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You'd never guess we were on a video game forum, would you? XD

Sorry! I'm just in a foul mood. Rough weekend + lack of sleep + prospect of lugging suitcase from train to train over a four hour period = curses.

I did look at the Project Beast clip again, and it does look swish. Maybe it will be all good once I've got to the hotel, settled in, slept etc.

I will say that I am actually becoming good at a MOBA. Which makes me feel really good when you get meanies talking in weird MOBA text and complaining about noobs, only to quietly go about your business and do well. It's also very heartening to find random nice people yo counteract the life warriors. Helps that I actually like a character too!

See, I do like games!

Mikeside

There are one or two but they're moddles all the same. The game has changed from being about people you can relate to, to being a sort of freak show where you're encouraged to hate and throw verbal tomatoes at the screen. It's fun, and for two months the eternal question of "what do we watch tonight?" is answered.

That's such a depressing question.
Why is the assumption that you're gonna stew in front of the TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom