• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Morning.

No Man's Sky is breathtaking. It's like someone saw the cover of an old 60s or 70s SciFi book and decided to make them into an Elite clone. Marvellous.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
nomq25P.jpg

It still feels so fucking good...

Oh puhlease. This is why e3 week is such bullshit. Porting a 15 year old game means Sony wins? You people are too excitable.

Pretty much all the interesting stuff I'm hearing about is ports. All the Halos, GF, GTA, TLOU...

Hey guys, remind me not to get into arguments with Neogaf celebrities. Or have opinions on my own sex. Or leave the safety of BritGaf in general.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, remind me not to get into arguments with Neogaf celebrities. Or have opinions on my own sex. Or leave the safety of BritGaf in general.

Hey girl!

That game is def at the top of my Most Wanted list. It's the game I've wanted since I was 7.

Damn straight. This, Mirror's Edge Reboot, MGSV and Bloodbourne are the games I'm going to be getting a PS4 for. I best start saving.

I have to say though, I never got to play Grim Fandango first time around, so I'm actually quite excited about that. XD

NinjaBoiX

Alreet pet.

(Welcome back Soturi! Gutted that you've preemptively backed down from any future arguments though. Lame. :p)

I had a vivid dream that Sony's E3 conference was shown live on ITV4, and that the main villain from Far Cry 4 presented part of it. That didn't actually happen right?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Alreet pet.

(Welcome back Soturi! Gutted that you've preemptively backed down from any future arguments though. Lame. :p)

psshh, what's the point in arguing with people who's opinions you don't respect anyway? Just a ban trap. I just wanna argue with you guys so it can get really personal.

Gays are wrong and icky, discuss.

NinjaBoiX

psshh, what's the point in arguing with people who's opinions you don't respect anyway? Just a ban trap. I just wanna argue with you guys so it can get really personal.

Gays are wrong and icky, discuss.
Well yeah, but I meant I was disappointed that she no longer wants to argue with me, the implication being that I'm a NeoGAF z-lister.

Also, lol at the resentment, "I can't have an opinion on my own sex", um, yes you can, just be careful how you word things, "don't argue with GAF celebs", it's not Devo's fault you were banned.

I think it was a harsh ban and it's good to see you back, but just take it on the chin innit. :p

SmokyDave

Hey lady. Good to see you back :)

Why doesn't Nintendo do live conferences anymore?
Because Nintendo are too busy doing fuck all else of any interest. All they need to do is show 4 seconds of Zelda tonight and their fanbase will be sated for another five years.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh puhlease. This is why e3 week is such bullshit. Porting a 15 year old game means Sony wins? You people are too excitable.
Please note my name isn't in that shot, mostly because I'm waiting for a PC confirmation/deconfirmation. Point and Click on a console = lolno unless it has a Wiimote like controller and seeing as Move is dead the answer is no for Sony.

Because Nintendo are too busy doing fuck all else of any interest. All they need to do is show 4 seconds of Zelda tonight and their fanbase will be sated for another five years.
All they need to do is not start with an FPS and they would have "won" E3. Next gen experiences my arse.

Also Sony, no one believes people wrote you letters in the 21st century. NO ONE.

Reknoc

maybe nintendo have a remaster of LOOM up their sleeves to win E3

Please note my name isn't in that shot, mostly because I'm waiting for a PC confirmation/deconfirmation. Point and Click on a console = lolno unless it has a Wiimote like controller and seeing as Move is dead the answer is no for Sony.

Grim Fandago isn't point and click, it was a rather clumsy 3D adventure game (still good tho)

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

Welcome back Musha!

Missed you. And Sploat sure did - she was getting antsy there for a while (though not that much more than usual).

Jedeye Sniv said:

Well it is Grim Fandango after all. And what the patches and suchlike I've still got it running on my PC after all these years (procedure with new PC is swap over disks, transfer files, make sure Fandango still works).

But it still sounds a bit much to claim a Sony won on the back of it (and I'm not entirely sure that it'll gain a whole bunch from being on a PS4 rather than, say, a PC.

Welcome back to the land of the living Musha.

Was tired yesterday, exhausted today.

My overall report card:

Microsoft: B-

They just talked about games, minimal Kinect, no tv. The games themselves didn't excite me too much but the focus was there. They dug up Conker's remains and made them dance briefly. He's back the same way Spyro is back in Skylanders.

EA: D-

A horrid conference. At least they let you know straight away that they had nothing meaningful to show for Battlefront. Then straight into the Spawts and the generic "empassioned monologue" trailer for most of them. Battlefield Hardline reveal just solidified my fear that it's just Battlfield 4 playing dress up.

Ubisoft: C+

Aisha being #EdgyAsFuck and looming over beta Frenchmen. Dancing game displays are so 2009. Watching two guys do pressups on stage I was just like, "what the fuck am I watching?" Assassin's Creed: Let Them Eat Cake was pretty. The Division also looked good but in a highly scripted way. One of my big takeaways for the whole evening was the Rainbow 6 gameplay. The engine looked fantastic, that house got demolished, gameplay looked good indeed.

Sony: B+

Late? Check. Sound issues? Check. Bad presentation? Check. The conference had the best games and announcements but the actual structure of the conference was bad. Still, Destiny, Far Cry 4, Bloodborne, the Order, lots of indies, GTA V next gen, Mortal Kombat X. Too much bullshit about Powers good lord that went on and on. There was no need for a tv/movies section and when you have one don't have posters for stuff like Men in Black 3 behind you Jesus Christ. Still, they brought the games and the ones they brought looked good.

Once again, Microsoft take a careful but well considered approach and Sony throws some shit in willy nilly and wins out anyway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Grim Fandago isn't point and click, it was a rather clumsy 3D adventure game (still good tho)

Is it. It's been so long since I played it at a firend's house I must have misremembered things since I also played DotT, Monkey Island and Sam and Max at their house as well. Basically a lot of point and click games so I also remembered Grim along with those.

NinjaBoiX

I have dilemma, catch up with all the trailers I missed right now on my shitty little phone screen and tinny speaker or wait until I get home?

What a quandary...

Reknoc

It's a shame Sony and MS couldn't have swapped their niche japanese developer exclusives.

Is it. It's been so long since I played it at a firend's house I must have misremembered things since I also played DotT, Monkey Island and Sam and Max at their house as well. Basically a lot of point and click games so I also remembered Grim along with those.

Yea, its similar to the 4th money island whose name escapes me.

I have dilemma, catch up with all the trailers I missed right now on my shitty little phone screen and tinny speaker or wait until I get home?

What a quandary...

Every single one I've watched has been typical CGI crap so not really worth rushing to watch. There is some FarCry4 game play but have you played FarCry3? Just imagine that in the Tibet level of Uncharted 2.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

iPad or bust for me. Tablets and point and clicks are a match made in heaven.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Who claimed Sony won to begin with?

No Man's Sky won.

EA: D-

A horrid conference. At least they let you know straight away that they had nothing meaningful to show for Battlefront. Then straight into the Spawts and the generic "empassioned monologue" trailer for most of them. Battlefield Hardline reveal just solidified my fear that it's just Battlfield 4 playing dress up.

What about Mirror's Edge? Even in it's prototype stage it looks like the original but super super slick. I'm surprised so few games have tried to steal ME's first person traversal style.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iPad or bust for me. Tablets and point and clicks are a match made in heaven.

Yeah, that would be fine. I mean I suppose Vita is ok since that is a touch screen.

I downloaded Broken Sword for my mum's iPad since it was free with the newspaper a while back so I really should get her to play it.

Darren870

Aren't you a mini celeb though, you did take Evil around London and show him the hotspots!!

Must be nice being a celebrity though, all the fame that comes with it! I'd put it on my CV if I were them. Right underneath the picture of myself that I have on it.

Not sure where I am going with this....

Welcome back!

No Man's Sky won.

What about Mirror's Edge? Even in it's prototype stage it looks like the original but super super slick. I'm surprised so few games have tried to steal ME's first person traversal style.

Forgot that but in truth I never played the first so it was a neutral announcement for me.

I also forgot Dragon Age: Inquisition and that didn't look good to me, more so after seeing the Witcher 3.

SmokyDave

I reckon MS 'won' E3 for me. Both MS and Sony showed a ton of stuff that I want to play, but MS tipped it over the edge with that crazy DR3 DLC.

All they need to do is not start with an FPS and they would have "won" E3. Next gen experiences my arse.
Not for me. I predominantly like racing games, action adventures, and open world games. Nintendo don't.

If you want 'next-gen experiences', as in games unlike anything you've seen before, buy an iPhone ;)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot that but in truth I never played the first so it was a neutral announcement for me.

Rectify this immediately. The story is GASH but the gameplay and the aesthetics are superb, some of the best of last gen if you ask me. The Time Trials DLC is absolute class.

Well, I know what I'm doing with my evening now...

Aww, thanks for all the welcome backs guys.

And not really Darren, meeting EviLore in real life doesn't make you a celeb on here, no one knows who I am outside of BritGaf.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want 'next-gen experiences', as in games unlike anything you've seen before, buy an iPhone ;)

I have a Nexus 7 and I bought my mum an iPad so I'm covered in the new mobile sector. In fact the game I've been playing a lot of recently is a tablet game.

8bit

Knows the Score
Can't we all just agree that gamers are the real winners here?

Kind of serious, I'm happy to see Crackdown & No Man's Sky mostly, and whatever that DR3 DLC was.

Also, really looking forward to this:

BpwiKMCCAAA0O7q.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Daps, you must play Mirror's Edge, 'tis primo.

What an exhilarating game, one of the most interesting and unique first person games I've ever encountered, I love it.

Daps, you must play Mirror's Edge, 'tis primo.

What an exhilarating game, one of the most interesting and unique first person games I've ever encountered, I love it.

One of last gen's games that passed me by. I should play it.

But right now I am bearing the weight of my backlog like Atlas.

I don't want more stuff lingering around for my PS3.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I haven't played it either. I did buy it for a friend though so technically I could say I bought it.

SKINNER!

Banned
Can't we all just agree that gamers are the real winners here?

pffft, where's the fun in that? ;)

I was in verbal warfare with an xbot friend last night about Conker. He thinks a "Create Your Own" Conker with Project Spark is miles better than a new Rare Conker game ...That the Last of Us is a boring game even though he never played it ("Way to go Sony at spoiling your own game in your own trailer haha"), All PS4 exclusive stuff like DLC/skins will come to Xbox One anyway...I mean, he's a great and all but holy crap he's fanboyism is nauseating.

Thankfully, he's only ever like this during E3 week. At least we both agreed that No Man's Sky looks gorgeous.

Normally I'd agree, but Grim Fandango was built for controller. Your character moves with tank controls.

It was actually a bit of a ballache to control with a keyboard back in the day.

Edit: I see this has been gone over already. Should scroll all the way down before posting...

8bit

Knows the Score
Mirror's Edge and a Hippy Speedball* make for a great evening in.

Hippy Speedball = Marijuana + Coffee.

Gah. thought I'd missed some Bitmap Brothers inspired ice cream announcements.

I was always rubbish at Mirror's Edge, loved the movement but hated the shooty bits. I did enjoy the abstract DLC sections a great deal though.

Reknoc

I think the Dead Rising DLC is even worse, like yea it looks fun but it's also like "hey look at all these capcom franchises, can you count which ones aren't dead? hint: none of them we killed them all hahaha look dino crisis! bet you want a sequel to that!" also something about it being a zombie game full of zombie franchises which might be the point but whatever.

edit: the wait for proper MGS5 gameplay is agonizing. need fulton goat animatedddddd

NinjaBoiX

If you were shooting in Mirror's Edge you were playing it wrong. If you'd chained together enough flow you could run straight past most goons, maybe a slide here and there to duck bullets.

And even a forced confrontation would usually end in a few swift Ninja chops then a dead disarmed goon on the floor.

Also, nailing the coil-jump (crouching in the air to being your knees up) to traverse some of the tricker routes was God tier.

I love that game so much, hammered the time trials for hours.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Gah. thought I'd missed some Bitmap Brothers inspired ice cream announcements.

I was always rubbish at Mirror's Edge, loved the movement but hated the shooty bits. I did enjoy the abstract DLC sections a great deal though.

Awww Bitmap Brothers. They were kings back in the day.

Yeah, I can't say I'm any good at ME, but I just love the movement. The hand-to-hand combat is a lot of fun too. There's only one forced shooting bit, I think. One of the bosses, as I recall. Not a fan of shooting people if I don't have to.

8bit

Knows the Score
If you were shooting in Mirror's Edge you were playing it wrong. If you'd chained together enough flow you could run straight past most goons, maybe a slide here and there to duck bullets.

And even a forced confrontation would usually end in a few swift Ninja chops then a dead disarmed goon on the floor.

Also, nailing the coil-jump (crouching in the air to being your knees up) to traverse some of the tricker routes was God tier.

I love that game so much, hammered the time trials for hours.

As I remember, there is a sequence where you move upwards and emerge from a tower or a chimney? I spent hours trying to find a safe path out of that and kept getting shot.

NinjaBoiX

Oh yeah, that bit was pants and definitely required more shooting than is ideal.

Seeing as though it was a DICE game the shooting was lacklustre to put it nicely. Maybe it was intentional to remind you that Faith is just a delicate little flower not a hulking space marine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom