• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It seems Sean Penn has done some things I don't know about.
CHEEZMO™;97941689 said:
Americans buy Mexican coke because it's made with real sugar rather than HFCS.

So is ours.

lol
Yeah there is little reason for you guys to get it. But it's an item here because of the real sugar use.

Rich!

CHEEZMO™;97941689 said:
Americans buy Mexican coke because it's made with real sugar rather than HFCS.

So is ours.

lol

hahahhaha really? aw sheeeit

ah well. It was the same cost as standard bottles anyhow lol

NinjaBoiX

I had no idea Sean Penn was such a scumbag either.

Also, my favourite scene from Saving Private Ryan:

Wade's guilty conscience.

The echo of the church, the way the camera zooms in and frames his face through the slats on the chair, the look of regret on his face as he says "I dunno why I did that", it just gets me every time.

Relatable feels...

I love Giovanni Ribisi, he doesn't get enough work IMO.

NinjaBoiX

I think he's a scientologist these days.
62ZpILQ.jpg

Blink Me

Yeah you guys should read what Sean Penn did to Madonna. Even if you hate her no one deserves that. Fairly sure he openly supported/funded the IRA as well. Although he's not alone in that since Mickey Rourke, Gene Kelly and John Ford all did.

But on the bright side Team America made fun of him and he got so mad he sent Matt Stone and Try Parker a letter.

Rich!

right im telling you guys this mexican shit is the fucking bomb, yo

It really does taste different to the UK cola. It's different. And it's not just some kind of placebo effect - I just gave two glasses to my dad when he visited just now (one of normal coke, one of the mexican coke) and guess what? mexican came out on top

8bit

Knows the Score
right im telling you guys this mexican shit is the fucking bomb, yo

It really does taste different to the UK cola. It's different. And it's not just some kind of placebo effect - I just gave two glasses to my dad when he visited just now (one of normal coke, one of the mexican coke) and guess what? mexican came out on top

Were they both poured from the same kind of container (eg, both from 275ml glass)?

8bit

Knows the Score
Fair enough, I've always thought coke was only tolerable from glass bottles so if they're both from the same thing then I'll need to keep an eye out for Mexicoke in future.

Marc

Best war film for me was Pacific Rim... I mean Paths of Glory. Kubrick is simply a genius and the best director of all time for me. Also really like Born on the Fourth of July , Tom Cruise shoulda got an Oscar yo and I hate the guy. I really loved A Soldiers Sweetheart but nobody else has seen it .

As for Penn, complete dick, couldn't believe the guardian gave that hypocritical piece of shit a platform to spout shit about the Falklands. On that subject, you guys should look into Markey Mark before spending money to see his films. Racist cuntbag.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What an utterly bastard day. Work was tough and bloody played hell with my depression and Mrs S's arthritis is really bad and she's having to take a pile of tramadol and lie down.

Bah. Bah. Etc.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What an utterly bastard day. Work was tough and bloody played hell with my depression and Mrs S's arthritis is really bad and she's having to take a pile of tramadol and lie down.

Bah. Bah. Etc.

Ah, man. Sorry to hear that. At least work is over for another day, right?

NinjaBoiX

Bah. Bah. Etc.
Man, sounds rough spolat. Here, have some Little Richard to lift your spirits:

Little Richard - Rip It Up
And one for you Meat. Just tell me the sax in this tune doesn't make you wanna boogie.

Little Richard - Ooh, My Soul

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
And one for you Meat. Just tell me the sax in this tune doesn't make you wanna boogie.

That's it, isn't it? As long as I frequent this here board I'm going to be subjected to saxophone solos and FACKIN ska songs left right and bleedin' centre, like a musical boot stamping on my ears. Forever. XD

I quite like Little Richard, although I hadn't heard that one. S'nice find, squire. That is not an objectionable use of the sax.

SteveWD40

Hearthstone in open beta, US now, EU in a day or so. As somone who has been playing the closed beta for months all I can say is: if you have even a nodding aquintance with TCG's and / or WoW prepare to lose your life.

iPad release can't be far off...

Final BBC Radio 6music festival lineup:
p9hoWsc.jpg

Hmmm decisions, decisions. Wish it was in the summer though.

-----------------

I2TFHhh.jpg

Trailer for the Danny Boyle Directed TV Cop Comedy 'Babylon'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzHeN6NVMwI

written by Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong (Fresh Meat, Peep Show & Four Lions)

Seems like good timing with regards to the headlines that the police have been getting recently.

Son Of D

Not long got back from a mini-meet with Tash. Was a good time. Played (and lost) two games of pool. He did most of the talking but it's still baby steps for me.

f0rk

Hearthstone in open beta, US now, EU in a day or so. As somone who has been playing the closed beta for months all I can say is: if you have even a nodding aquintance with TCG's and / or WoW prepare to lose your life.

iPad release can't be far off...

I spend too much money on MtG to justify more money on a much simpler looking game.

SteveWD40

I spend too much money on MtG to justify more money on a much simpler looking game.

I haven't spent a penny and have a few legendarys, epics and loads of rares. You get about 4 decks just from fighting the AI classes (400g iirc) and then you can make 100g every 2 days roughly doing the dailys. Worth a shot imho.

theaface

Morning all. How is everyone? Anything exciting planned for the day? Going to see The Wolf of Wall Street later as part of a little 'dinema' (dinner and cinema) group I organise for work chums once I month.

Fingers hurt from doing the hammer on and pull off lessons on Rocksmith over and over and over and over last night until I got it. It's apparent that I'm not a natural virtuoso.

Final BBC Radio 6music festival lineup:
p9hoWsc.jpg

Hmmm decisions, decisions. Wish it was in the summer though.

-----------------

Franz Ferdinand? Wow blast from the past, not heard any of their stuff since the second album, they just fizzled out

Seems alright line up for a small festival. I'm dreading what crap will be a T in the Park this year, last one I was at was The Who and RHCPs headlining. Amazing weekend but the groups since have been poor.

You go for the experience, but getting down South to the big festivals was something I should've done but can't know...

Qasiel

Hey man, welcome back! Where have you been hiding then?

That's nothing unusual, Tash is a very talkative chap.

Blimey, nice to see you back in here hun! What brings you back? Hell, why did you leave in the first place?

Cheers guys! It's good to be back.

Been hiding away so I can focus more on studies, although I've been a serial lurker since deciding to take a GAF break. Luckily now my studying is almost over and I thought it high time to re-integrate myself back into society! (Also a thread that was going on last night in OT made me want to speak my mind therefore bringing me out of retirement).

Anyways, off to bed. I hope to catch up with everyone a bit later!

Have a peachy day, BritGAF

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Ta and ta Ninja.

Was really bad, Im on carer duties sometimes but last night was crazy, she was basically paralysed and just in tears, had to even help her drink a glass of water. Doesn't help with job being crazy crazy and my own health being poopy :-(

Still. Have been realistic and taken tomorrow off so I can have place to myself and relax in front of the gamesbox, watch a few films, listen a few records etc and stay in pyjamas!

Ah. Life. Being an adult is RUBBISH.

Sorry to hear about your troubles sploat. My Mum has arthritis in her hand and I know how painful that is for her, I couldn't imagine what it must be like to be incapacitated by it, especially in someone so young. Hope she feels better today. Try not to neglect your own health though :)

God I want this week to be over so quickly. Want to be at the airport now!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry to hear about your troubles sploat. My Mum has arthritis in her hand and I know how painful that is for her, I couldn't imagine what it must be like to be incapacitated by it, especially in someone so young. Hope she feels better today. Try not to neglect your own health though :)

God I want this week to be over so quickly. Want to be at the airport now!

Thanks Musha. Where are you going?

SKINNER!

Banned
Love the theme that played during the ending of Black Hawk Down. For a film that was a little too patriotically ham-fisted I found that ending to be so chilling and down to earth.

Also, whatever happened to Josh Hartnett?

Black Hawk Down is similar to the Thin Red Line in that it has a ridiculous cast. Many of the people in it became famous later on.

The guy who plays Jaime Lanister is in it.

Ewan Bremner is in it.

Tom Hardy is in it.

Orlando Bloom is in it.

Not actually many Americans playing Americans.

TCRS

Banned
Black Hawk Down is similar to the Thin Red Line in that it has a ridiculous cast. Many of the people in it became famous later on.

The guy who plays Jaime Lanister is in it.

Ewan Bremner is in it.

Tom Hardy is in it.

Orlando Bloom is in it.

Not actually many Americans playing Americans.

he is? damn. also, Ewan McGregor and Jason Isaacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom