• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I had to stop with that for a bit as the hot/cold stuff was causing me some confusion. Need to go back though, I'm such a gadfly gamer. Didn't realise crosssave worked on it.

Anyway, comicswise I got New Lone Wolf & Cub 1 today in the post. I've been looking forward to this for years. Read the original drip feed first in 87 or so, then in full 13 years later and now there's a sequel (ignoring the Lone Wolf 2100 stuff).

Ooo. I saw Shogun assassin years ago. It was fun.

Dudes I'm gonna take a lil holiday from GAF as my brain is hurting. Won't be long. Speak to you in a bit x

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Prince hate in this thread? No wonder gaf is full of virgins and Sploatee is taking a hiatus.

I tried searching some Prince out the other day but since it's not on youtube and I can't be arsed torrenting it let alone paying actual money, he can go back in the column of "things I might get to one day".

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Pfft, Prince fever isn't a real thing.

Is it?

prince-o.gif

NinjaBoiX

Last night was kind of kewl. Lush meal, great company and primo sexy time. She ponied straight up to go Dutch on everything too.

Mint girl.
What happened to Sploat?
She's on a little time out (requested). Just spoke to her this morning, she's OK, just got stuff on.

Edit: Also lol at Suarez's 4 month ban. Super lame.

jimbor

Banned
I tried searching some Prince out the other day but since it's not on youtube and I can't be arsed torrenting it let alone paying actual money, he can go back in the column of "things I might get to one day".

Along with 'pussy'.

Everybody knows, no prince, no pussy. Conversely, know prince, know pussy.

NinjaBoiX

Prince does get himself some birds like. Not bad for a pint-sized, effeminate little ponce.
Aw yeah Ninj, orgasm in the company of a female, well done!
Haha, congratscake.jpg. I thought it was important that you guys knew, breaking the months of drought was cause for minor celebration. Kind of wish it was just some random though, convo got pretty deep and stuff, got feels leaving her this morning. :|

I'm going to go round and spend some time with her tonight, it'll be the last chance I get for ages.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Kinda sad that I'll be missing most of glasto on telly while I'm out being soshall this weekend. Bloody soshallness... Hope they further expand the coverage this year and get some of the smaller acts online too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Woooooo my courier came and collected the final exam script of the season just a minute ago, was worried I'd be kicking around till 4 waiting for him. Next up, free lunch, wait around for a little bit and then commence SOSHALLING. Out tonight in Guildford to attend my friend's mini festival and pick up a compilation that includes an exclusive PFG track. Kinda pathetic that the thing I'm most excited about is getting myself on a CD but whattayagon do? Will post the bandcamp link on monday so you all can hear me whooping an hollerin live from the BBC.

Just had two group meetings with my contract agency and my managers. After being told my contract had been extended until September, and more recently extended further to December, it has been confirmed that our jobs will be given to people in the US by the end of August.

Slightly in two minds about the situation. On the one hand, the December talk had given me a feeling of security after months of speculation about what's just been confirmed. I knew our days were numbered, but now that number is shorter. So that's a blow.

On the other hand, it was perfectly possible that, as a contractor, I could have been given a week's notice that my time was up. This was my worst nightmare, so to effectively have two months to sort things out is a big relief.

One thing I'm hoping for is that I can just move sideways into another position at the same site, starting afresh in a new department. My enthusiasm for what I do ebbs and flows but recently it's been on the decline, so actually having something new to get to grips with would suit me actually. However, this is a vague possibility so I can't get too excited that it'll happen.

Overall though I'm ever the optimist; while my mind is running through some perhaps unrealistic scenarios right now, I do see this as an opportunity, not only to do something new but also an opportunity to engage and overcome a crappy situation and turn it to something good.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Would that we all had the fortitude and wit of Dapperbandit.

Instead I am doing my own job, my bosses and someone else's tasks because two people just quit and despite this our main boss went on vacation as planned. The next week is going to be fucking awful.

The_Poet

Banned
Would that we all had the fortitude and wit of Dapperbandit.

Instead I am doing my own job, my bosses and someone else's tasks because two people just quit and despite this our main boss went on vacation as planned. The next week is going to be fucking awful.

Speak to HR if you feel you are being overworked/undervalued, never worth suffering in silence.

In case you havent seen this thread

A load of Hyde park tickets going for £2.50 each.

Thursday 3 July 2014
Arcade Fire + Jake Bugg, Wild Beasts, Future Islands and Band of Skulls

Friday 4 July 2014
Black Sabbath + Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead, Soulfly, Wolfmother

Saturday 12 July 2014
Neil Young & Crazy Horse + The National, Tom Odell, Caitlin Rose, Phosphorescent, Flyte, Half Moon Run, Lucy Rose, Ethan Johns, The Webb Sisters, Jack Savoretti, To Kill A King, Hero Fisher, Midlake and Bruno Major.

Going to Arcade Fire and Neil Young and i'm thinking about Black Sabbath.

edit. all tickets gone :(

NinjaBoiX

Happy Birthday by the way Wraithbringer!
Just had two group meetings with my contract agency and my managers. After being told my contract had been extended until September, and more recently extended further to December, it has been confirmed that our jobs will be given to people in the US by the end of August.

Slightly in two minds about the situation. On the one hand, the December talk had given me a feeling of security after months of speculation about what's just been confirmed. I knew our days were numbered, but now that number is shorter. So that's a blow.

On the other hand, it was perfectly possible that, as a contractor, I could have been given a week's notice that my time was up. This was my worst nightmare, so to effectively have two months to sort things out is a big relief.

One thing I'm hoping for is that I can just move sideways into another position at the same site, starting afresh in a new department. My enthusiasm for what I do ebbs and flows but recently it's been on the decline, so actually having something new to get to grips with would suit me actually. However, this is a vague possibility so I can't get too excited that it'll happen.

Overall though I'm ever the optimist; while my mind is running through some perhaps unrealistic scenarios right now, I do see this as an opportunity, not only to do something new but also an opportunity to engage and overcome a crappy situation and turn it to something good.
Good for you daps, healthy attitude mate.

The_Poet

Banned
Well, I've only ever played through it once on my Wii...but I could do with the HD and 60fps...and that upcoming fanmade texture pack that I'm following.

Looks like you've got your answer!
buy it

I just had a sudden realisation that its Friday, this makes me happy.

Lunchtime pub drinks.

4pm drinks to welcome new team to our floor.

Meeting friend for drinks after work.

Guess who's going to be in a state later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom