• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Yeah, let's pick a weekend & we'll get this ship sailing.
I'm sure Musha will want to come along, I reckon we can convince Jed, noffles, jimbor and BGBW too.

BritGAF Returns to Loading Minimeet
Guestlist:
Mikeside
DapperBandit
Sploatee
Jedeye?
noffles?
Jimbor?
BGBW?
Coldman??????

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah I phoned in to Absolute Radio to correct their crappy knowledge of Star Wars

I am disappointed I didn't get the chance to talk to you about Star Wars when I was in London.

-

Ninj are you out there...? Come to this London thing and we can be travel buddies!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Loading Bar is back
They've opened up at Scenario Bar in Dalston, Hackney.

Anybody fancy a trip there? I'm sure we could book a room or something if we can get 10 or so people together for a mini-meet?

Having been to Dalston I know that it's a proper trek from the centre. Oh wait, did you mean for a different day? Yeah would be up for that another time sure.

Mikeside

Will there actually be a DJ this time?

I think it's more of a 'they have a playlist in the background' kind of situation

Having been to Dalston I know that it's a proper trek from the centre. Oh wait, did you mean for a different day? Yeah would be up for that another time sure.

Yeah, it'll be it's own thing. It's only a bus ride away from Z's place in Angel & there's a Wahaca there.

Fish tacos then nerdy cocktails sounds like a good time I want to be having right now.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm about on the 30th but the weekend of the second is Westival so not about then. Unless we could get westival as an official minimeet :p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
30th August sounds good to me.

Whaddayathink, BGAF?

I'll double check with E but providing there are no mental or physical health emergencies at sploat mansions I'll be there!

And I'll be getting the coach both ways this time. But going to the loo first.

PS is there a limit on numbers? Not sure if E will be up to it but I can ask...

working, ya fuckin' layabout

extremely jealous of your day

eh don't worry, this is a day off from my usual mind-nummer of a job.

Stop. Elaborate. I'll listen.

so i'm currently working on apexicon and psyscrolr, both of which are by fellow neogaf-hound ashodin.

you can hear some stuff for apexicon here though a lot of it is getting completely rewritten, particularly the battle theme/s.

Mikeside

I'll double check with E but providing there are no mental or physical health emergencies at sploat mansions I'll be there!

And I'll be getting the coach both ways this time. But going to the loo first.

PS is there a limit on numbers? Not sure if E will be up to it but I can ask...

Nope, no limit on numbers whatsoever :)

The_Poet - the meet is on Saturday, it's starting at Regent's Park at noon, then following on to Big Red (a rock bar) then a club somewhere in Camden

We're currently talking about a future one we're going to do at Loading Bar in Dalston, which is a videogame themed bar with great (though not cheap) cocktails and games to play there for free

Oh my god Hundred Reasons are playing Ideas Above Our Station in full next Friday

Yes I did post this in FakeGAF first but I thought people in here with good taste might like to know

The_Poet

Banned
Nope, no limit on numbers whatsoever :)

The_Poet - the meet is on Saturday, it's starting at Regent's Park at noon, then following on to Big Red (a rock bar) then a club somewhere in Camden

We're currently talking about a future one we're going to do at Loading Bar in Dalston, which is a videogame themed bar with great (though not cheap) cocktails and games to play there for free

Cheers. Yeah I knew about the one this Saturday, but cant make it. The one in August is a maybe though!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh my god Hundred Reasons are playing Ideas Above Our Station in full next Friday

Yes I did post this in FakeGAF first but I thought people in here with good taste might like to know

This literally makes me want to cry. Such an important record for me as a lad (and not a patch on the EPs!). I play with Paul T's new band fairly often these days, I don't think he's playing these HR shows so in my mind they don't really count :p I need to ask him what happened there one of these days.

Good taste?!?!

Hundred Reasons are poopy.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck you princess!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hundred Reasons are local boys, I love them so. Just because every album after the second one sucks doesn't mean a thing.

Even the second one wasn't very good apart from "Pop" (and the far superior b-side, "Introduction to Pop"). Best of HR is the three EPs, half of the first record and a handful of the first record's b-sides.

Seriously, being friends with Paul on facebook was one of the greatest achievements of my life.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck you princess!

La la la can't hear you listening to Prince la la la la

Meat I'm replying to your post below- I just remember them coming out and being on Mtv 2 when I used to hang out and Play Dreamcast. I remember the singer having Zack de la R hair and them being whiny. I haven't listened to them since but I'm perfectly capable of hanging onto that initial irritation for many many years to come.

I WANT TO GO HOME

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jolly good!

There was a genuine question in there, I swear!

I wouldn't say they were that ATDI apart from the obvious post-hardcore roots. ATDI were much sharper and more aggressive, HR were a bit softer with a chunkier guitar sound. Britrock. Similar to Hell is For Heroes I guess. I'll Find You, Soapbox Rally, Silver, classic choons.

The_Poet

Banned
I wouldn't say they were that ATDI apart from the obvious post-hardcore roots. ATDI were much sharper and more aggressive, HR were a bit softer with a chunkier guitar sound. Britrock. Similar to Hell is For Heroes I guess. I'll Find You, Soapbox Rally, Silver, classic choons.

Is it bad that I've heard of none of these bands/songs?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Ah right. Doesn't sound like I'd get on with them. Were they on TGI Friday once?

Is it bad that I've heard of none of these bands/songs?

It is bad that you've never heard of At The Drive-In. Relationship of Command is a genuine classic album: Arcarsenal, Pattern Against User and Cosmonaut are phenomenal songs.

Guys, stop fighting and just listen to Hayley and the Dweebs.

Most bestest band in the whole wide worlds.

Oh you

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Just googled 'em...
Whats with the hair?

You...
May have missed the point.

Although I'm guessing, from my extremely limited interactions with you, that the heavier and/or aggressive end of rock and/or roll isn't your preferred musical choice.

Even the second one wasn't very good apart from "Pop" (and the far superior b-side, "Introduction to Pop"). Best of HR is the three EPs, half of the first record and a handful of the first record's b-sides.

Seriously, being friends with Paul on facebook was one of the greatest achievements of my life.
Not even Stories With Unhappy Endings? Some great riffage going on in that.
I'll fight you ALLLLLLLL RAAAARRGHH

:c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom