• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

It was great to catch up with sploatee and E today, me and the bro had a great time guys. Those tapas were proper bonza too.

Primo peeps.

jimbor

Banned
Any britgaffers that like great comedy, Daniel Kitson tickets for his pre fringe warm up/trying out new material go on sale today. He'll be performing at the hob in Forest Hill. Three quid a ticket.

SmokyDave

Bombay Bad Boy pot noodles are the business for those 4am 'need to eat but can't be arsed to make food happen' moments.

Fuck, I want a pot noodle.

Was feeling ill and sorry for myself yesterday so all I did was watch Tropa de Elite and eat a sticky rib flavour pot noodle and pringles with salsa.

I'm a classy individual.

The_Poet

Banned
Was feeling ill and sorry for myself yesterday so all I did was watch Tropa de Elite and eat a sticky rib flavour pot noodle and pringles with salsa.

I'm a classy individual.

OzH27sU.png

We all gotta have lazy days.

Oh I see dapper's favourite member, horse, got banned.

I guess he spent too much time
horsing around.

Maybe this is proof that I'm in too deep, but these days if someone is pretending to be a horse on the internet I automatically assume they are some kind of sexual deviant.

Volotaire

Saw an ad for Utopia 2 on E4, and now I'm watching the first series for the first time on 4od. No idea how I missed this first time round. It looks so damn good!

I remember watching the first two episodes of Utopia, I was horrifically surprised by the degree of violence they used, but it had an interesting premise. I'm quite squeamish so blood in TV/Film has always horrified me, but not so much in video games. I think I'll have to catch up.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I remember watching the first two episodes of Utopia, I was horrifically surprised by the degree of violence they used, but it had an interesting premise. I'm quite squeamish so blood in TV/Film has always horrified me, but not so much in video games. I think I'll have to catch up.

It doesn't really get any worse than it is in the first episodes; you should definitely finish it off. I cannot wait for the 14th of July when S2 starts. I really hope they rein in some of the nonsense, though it will still be beautiful as the director who established that visual style is back (again, not for the full series) and so is the person behind the incredible soundtrack.

I hope I can finish off 30 Rock before then, because I'm notsure I can handle the tonal dissonance from those two programmes.

The guy who plays Arby in Utopia is in a great but pretty dark and horrible film called Kill List which I'd recommend if that's your cup of tea.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It doesn't really get any worse than it is in the first episodes; you should definitely finish it off. I cannot wait for the 14th of July when S2 starts. I really hope they rein in some of the nonsense, though it will still be beautiful as the director who established that visual style is back (again, not for the full series) and so is the person behind the incredible soundtrack.

I hope I can finish off 30 Rock before then, because I'm notsure I can handle the tonal dissonance from those two programmes.

Huh? What do you do, only watch one TV show at a time? "Oh this is my comedy month, can't watch the news until August..." You could always watch them on different days or something?

So as I walk out of the shop before, I notice it's begun raining heavily. Being in shorts and a tshirt I decide to wait for it to subside. As I do, a woman walks past in yoga pants and a white vest top which is now see through and skin tight thanks to the said rain.

It took all my will power to avert my gaze, and not stand there gawping like an idiot.

The_Poet

Banned
So as I walk out of the shop before, I notice it's begun raining heavily. Being in shorts and a tshirt I decide to wait for it to subside. As I do, a woman walks past in yoga pants and a white vest top which is now see through and skin tight thanks to the said rain.

It took all my will power to avert my gaze, and not stand there gawping like an idiot.

Give in to the thirst.

For optmium visual and mental stimulation I generally rig up two screens, perfectly aligned for my eyes and simulatenously watch two shows or films, usually with contrasting themes.

Tonight I'm thinking Sex and the City 2 + Black Hawk Down.

The_Poet

Banned
For optmium visual and mental stimulation I generally rig up two screens, perfectly aligned for my eyes and simulatenously watch two shows or films, usually with contrasting themes.

You gotta confuse the brain for sick mental gainz

SmokyDave

Chick went home and cried into a pint of Ben & Jerry's because she tried her damnedest but couldn't catch your eye. I hope you're happy now you've trampled on that poor girls self-esteem.

Son Of D

I guess he spent too much time
horsing around.

Maybe this is proof that I'm in too deep, but these days if someone is pretending to be a horse on the internet I automatically assume they are some kind of sexual deviant.

I convinced myself that Horse was an alt account of someone. Although why someone would "waste" an email address on a gimmick alt I have no idea. Then again I have no idea why someone would waste their email address on a gimmick account to begin with.

Volotaire

The guy who plays Arby in Utopia is in a great but pretty dark and horrible film called Kill List which I'd recommend if that's your cup of tea.

Oh what the heck I'm going to watch it now.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

They aren't contrasting, both are about Americans going on to foreign soil and attempting "fix" their "problems"... with hilarious results!

Volotaire

Just finsihed Utopia, I'll just quote what I said in the other thread.

Just finished this. Incredible cinematography, interesting moral thesis and quirky characters. Although I had problems with the way they were able to hack in/break in/kill anything without little repercussion, and that some of the characters didn't click with me, it's some of the best TV coming out of the UK. I love how this series knows no moral bounds. Can't wait for series 2.

The ending about Jessica has been done quite a few times, so that wasn't the biggest surprise, but still a nice plot twist. I love how the Utopia comic meant nothing in the end.

EDIT: Oh man Wilson and his torturer.
This is going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom