• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

Why you do this? I did the same thing. After 10 hours, I decided that I hated JRPGs even more. Before this, I accepted that they weren't for me. Now I despise them and all those who play them. Everyone. Even you, Dave.
I don't know. I now have FF7, FFX, Vagrant Story and Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. If none of those can convince me to like JRPGs then I'll give up once and for all. Honest.

I accept your scorn with grace. It is deserved.

She said EDF, not EDL, man.
Eh whatever, it's all the same.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So today's the day you remind the yanks they are using the dd/mm convention for their biggest holiday.

Totally just had Colin put the mic in my face to sing "while you were sitting down" in Silver.

I am now sad that that won't happen again because they were great despite no Paul

HUNNERD RAISINS YO

NinjaBoiX

In that first 20 secs I was all "Wow, that is fucking moody! Who the fuck are these guys?" Then it kicked in and it turned out they were QOTSA. Have they got any full length songs like the opening?
Hmm, I'm not sure, I've only dipped my toe into them. You're better off asking RobotNinjaHornets, he's more of a fan than me, but I don't think so. They're quite raucous and no nonsense from what I've heard, I don't think they're a particularly deep, introspective kind of band.

But speaking of intros, dayum if this doesn't blend my smoothie. The way that thunderous riffage crashes in after the drum roll, fuuuccc....

Pulled Apart By Horses - V.E.N.O.M
The vocals are, how you say an acquired taste, but the music is the nuts IMO. And that lyric:

"slow your breathing,
YOU HAVEN'T GOT A PULSE!"

:D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
sploatee really needs to play Rhythm Tengoku because that's one of the best game released in the last decade and it's Japanese.

That curry was incredible. Night all.

Mine was a bit shit. I am disappointed and I blame you.

In other news I just finished S1 of American Horror Story. Loved it, just my sort of fucked up, even if some bits were a little predictable. Love Tate ^_^
Looking forward to S2

AcridMeat

Banned

In other news I just finished S1 of American Horror Story. Loved it, just my sort of fucked up, even if some bits were a little predictable. Love Tate ^_^
Looking forward to S2
Is that the series where each episode is a completely different tale? I've heard good things.

Looking forward to S2

S1 was definitely very fucked up in parts, in fact if you graphed it, there's an almost exponential increase in fuckedupness towards the series end.

Dat
young maid
though.

Is that the series where each episode is a completely different tale? I've heard good things.

Not each episode, each series is set in a different location. You should check it out.

Season 1 stated strong but got naff. Season 2 is really good

Yeah I agree the first half of S1 was better, I really didn't have a clue what was going on. Once I'd figured it all out it got a little clichéd but was still alright.

I've heard S2 is really good and S3 is even better.

And Evan Peters is still in them <3

jimbor

Banned
S1 was definitely very fucked up in parts, in fact if you graphed it, theirs an almost exponential increase in fuckedupness towards the series end.

Dat
young maid
though.

So fucking hot.

I remember thinking that season 1 ran out of steam and there was a definite point where they could've ended it (epsiode 9ish, I think?) and it would've been perfect. Season 2 is batshit crazy but still think I preferred the first overall. I still have the last ep of season 2 to watch but haven't got around to it which says it all, I suppose.

PSA: The Shield is on UK Netflix, those of you who haven't watched it, get cracking. It's not Sopranos/The Wire tier (but then not much is) but it's definitely a solid contender and better than Breaking Bad.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If American Horror Story had tits in it it would be the best show on telly. Especially the maid in S1
the old one phwaor

edit: am trying to convince Mrs H to watch the Shield with me but she remains unconvinced. I may just have to make an executive decision as the Controller of the Remotes.

PS at work today, well poop. Going out for a meal with the assistant head tonight, bit scared. Hide hide hide who you are boy

jimbor

Banned
If American Horror Story had tits in it it would be the best show on telly. Especially the maid in S1
the old one phwaor

edit: am trying to convince Mrs H to watch the Shield with me but she remains unconvinced. I may just have to make an executive decision as the Controller of the Remotes.

PS at work today, well poop. Going out for a meal with the assistant head tonight, bit scared. Hide hide hide who you are boy

It gets better each season and has a cock awesome ending. Utilise that pimphand, brah.

Edit: SwiftKey changed fuck to cock but I'll leave it in.

Chinner

Banned
Yeah I agree the first half of S1 was better, I really didn't have a clue what was going on. Once I'd figured it all out it got a little clichéd but was still alright.

I've heard S2 is really good and S3 is even better.

And Evan Peters is still in them <3
the first season managed to handle the suspension of disbelief at first and they managed to toe the line between keeping the house creepy and having some interesting ghosts. but then they started throw a huge cast of new characters are you in every episode and it became a little ridiculous . half way through it felt like they just started throwing out any idea and saw what stuck, making it feel safe and the house non-threatening. the season was probably 3-4 episodes too long because of the padding, the pacing fell apart half way through.

i went into season 2 a little hesitant because of the above. but it's actually really good. they're very aware of all of the flaws in the first season and improved upon them. i think you'll like it musha.

shame 3rd season isnt on netflix

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i'm sorry everyone but i am listening to iron maiden and enjoying a pot noodle.

there's a noodle in my beard.

I'm sorry too.

We saw Transformers today. It was alright for the first half hour but then it's just two hours straight of boom boom boom boom with occasional creepy lingering shots of a girl who is meant to be 17. It was so boring. Tried to get a nap but it was just too loud, which by my scientific formula means it was louder than the last one because I had a nap in that one.

The_Poet

Banned
I'm sorry too.

We saw Transformers today. It was alright for the first half hour but then it's just two hours straight of boom boom boom boom with occasional creepy lingering shots of a girl who is meant to be 17. It was so boring. Tried to get a nap but it was just too loud, which by my scientific formula means it was louder than the last one because I had a nap in that one.

I keep getting excited for Transformers films, and always leave disappointed...

Not had a Pot Noodle in a couple of years. Had them in my first few years of uni as a "I really can't be fucked" backup, shit but slightly enjoyable despite that. Story of all fast food, I guess.

Lovely day here, spent a lot outside. Everyone else had a good saturday?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I keep getting excited for Transformers films, and always leave disappointed...

Yup. In theory, they should be good fun but I feel like they're wasted on Michael Bay. He's great at choreographing destruction but that's about it. Apart from the first one, I find them harder to watch then supposedly 'hard' films (Tarkovsky or whatever so-called pretentious director etc etc) - the pacing is all over the place and they're so relentless. They'd be great kids' films but there's something a bit weird about them.

8bit

Knows the Score
Not had a Pot Noodle in a couple of years. Had them in my first few years of uni as a "I really can't be fucked" backup, shit but slightly enjoyable despite that. Story of all fast food, I guess.

Lovely day here, spent a lot outside. Everyone else had a good saturday?

Used to love Pot Noodles, but I left I and hadn't had one in years. Got some 5 or so years ago and they were foul, like a pot of fizzy string.

Yup. In theory, they should be good fun but I feel like they're wasted on Michael Bay. He's great at choreographing destruction but that's about it. Apart from the first one, I find them harder to watch then supposedly 'hard' films (Tarkovsky or whatever so-called pretentious director etc etc) - the pacing is all over the place and they're so relentless. They'd be great kids' films but there's something a bit weird about them.

I would have thought movies about robots and blowing shit up would be hard to get wrong, but adding Shia Rostbif to the cast is probably how to do so.

I'm sorry too.

We saw Transformers as well. I did think it went on too long, but I would've cut about 40 mins of gumf from the beginning. I was basically waiting the whole film to see the Dinobots, they weren't in it enough, but they were awesome. In general I thought it was ok, better than the last couple, but a lack of Shia LaBeouf and the addition of Mark Wahlberg helped.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When I was in the CCF we had pot noodles quite a bit. Not had one since... so that would be nine years?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
We saw Transformers as well. I did think it went on too long, but I would've cut about 40 mins of gumf from the beginning. I was basically waiting the whole film to see the Dinobots, they weren't in it enough, but they were awesome. In general I thought it was ok, better than the last couple, but a lack of Shia LaBeouf and the addition of Mark Wahlberg helped.

Yes, the Dinobots were pretty well done. It's a shame it took so long for them to come into it. By that point I was pretty numb from it all.

Reknoc

Pot Noodle is vomit in a pot. I try on occasionally just 'cause and always leave revolted. The old posh noodle things they did were actually good though, shame they ended that.

Thankfully there's a shit load of oriental marts here so I can easily get decent instant noodles.

edit: don't care for bayformers, but I would by lying if I said the bus stop ads with optimus prime riding grimlock isn't the coolest poster i'll probably see all year.

Used to love Pot Noodles, but I left I and hadn't had one in years. Got some 5 or so years ago and they were foul, like a pot of fizzy string.

Yes, that's the proper risk, if you've acclimatised to actual food again.

Like, for some reason, I quite liked Rustlers. Odd craving. Had one after a break, think it gave me food poisoning. Probably my fault, ah well. But still, not again.

8bit

Knows the Score
Yes, that's the proper risk, if you've acclimatised to actual food again.

Like, for some reason, I quite liked Rustlers. Odd craving. Had one after a break, think it gave me food poisoning. Probably my fault, ah well. But still, not again.

Did try the People's Noodle instead and they weren't that bad but you're right in that respect. We generally only eat fresh, unfrozen food these days so those were a bit of a culture shock.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Actually I don't think they were Pot Noodle from Wales, but actually Tesco value ones that I had, so likely even worse.

My go to lazy food is pizza.

T4's problem is using the wrong Dinobots.

240px-The_Maximal_Dinobot.jpg

The_Poet

Banned

Yeh exactly. I dont want mindless destruction, unrelatable plots and shitty human-transformer relationships.

I want a diverse team of transformers each with different back stories and styles to work together against an evil version of the same thing. They need to take tips of crew relationships from Firefly

Mr. Sam

Or X-Men or Avengers. There are really good ensemble blockbusters out there that juggle characters well. Transformers is not one of them. I've never known who the fuck most characters were in the Transformers films.

Ive never watched any of the transformer films due to me hating the designs compared to the cartoons' designs. They look very generic and have no character.

My interest in Transformers films expired after I saw the second film.

It's just loads of over detailed CGI shit crashing into shit and shooting shit. Interspersed with pervy shots of young women bending over things.

My interest in Transformers films expired after I saw the second film.

It's just loads of over detailed CGI shit crashing into shit and shooting shit. Interspersed with pervy shots of young women bending over things.

michael bay is a complete and utter arse.

kermode said it best: 'i quite like the idea of robot dinosaurs but by the time they turn up i'm weary of life.'

Son Of D

I'll wait until the new Transformers is up for rent or wait until someone I know buys the blu ray. That way I can skip the stuff I find boring since the runtime seems way too long for me for that kind of film.

Saw an ad for Utopia 2 on E4, and now I'm watching the first series for the first time on 4od. No idea how I missed this first time round. It looks so damn good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom