• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to watch the Monty Python live show on Gold. Due to a combination of Ofcom rules and questionable decision making, they cut the penis song and keep censoring punchlines.

They let a 'fuck' through by accident which was pretty funny.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, you know it mate.

Tobin is legit one of the most influential figures in electronic music, he's a bona fide genius.

Damn straight. One of my top five electronic artists. He's a modern day Lalo Schiffrin, chucking so many different things in the pot. By rights half his stuff wouldn't work for a lesser musician.

NinjaBoiX

Oh man, big piss up with the bro, so much laundry. I feel like we've caught up on so much crap that needed to be said.

On that subject, this French house duo that we both buzzed off so much as teens, DJ Vas is one of the finest scratchers I've ever heard. Just a fucking wizard.

The actual music might not be everyone's bag, but fuck if this guy can't scratch like the best of 'em. Catching vocal hooks and riffing them so fly:

Kojak - Art To Breathe (DJ Vas Mix)

Love Kojak man, so good. If you don't really dig this, here is a track from their first record "Crime in the City". So damn good:

Kojak - Habite Par 2 Mondes

Man, love that record so much. Posted this on my mixtape, love it.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
At last managed to remember GAF password so I can sign on on the iPad.

Strange here. Everything has gone dark and is in different places. Plus after 40 years of proper typing it is very strange to be using one hand. Guess I could lay this thing on a table I suppose.

EDIT: Ooh. The post header came out a rather fetching shade of green!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So I met this amazing girl last week and we ended up spending this weekend together and it was so awesome and amazing and stuff, I'm leaving to go to Devon on tuesday.. we're gonna keep in touch, she has a really cool dog

She's like a girl I'd want to show my friends and not get embarrassed about smoochin' in public with

Yeah I phoned in to Absolute Radio to correct their crappy knowledge of Star Wars

Just listened to this (at 32:24), awesome haha! "You sound young" XD. I remember calling in to LBC a couple of times. I think I called the Queen "an old hag" when Iain Lee asked us if the Queen had come to visit our schools. He was hilarious.

Mikeside

Strange here. Everything has gone dark and is in different places. Plus after 40 years of proper typing it is very strange to be using one hand. Guess I could lay this thing on a table I suppose.

I hope your new-found technology skills keep you posting in here more!

So I met this amazing girl last week and we ended up spending this weekend together and it was so awesome and amazing and stuff, I'm leaving to go to Devon on tuesday.. we're gonna keep in touch, she has a really cool dog

She's like a girl I'd want to show my friends and not get embarrassed about smoochin' in public with

Tell me more
about this awesome dog

SmokyDave

MobileGAF + iPad is the best way to browse, I reckon.

I want to make a YouTube series called 'Phisheep Reacts'.

I think the green is my favourite thing about mobile Gaf

D'awwwwwww

Just listened to this (at 32:24), awesome haha! "You sound young" XD. I remember calling in to LBC a couple of times. I think I called the Queen "an old hag" when Iain Lee asked us if the Queen had come to visit our schools. He was hilarious.

Cool beans :D

So I met my new housemate Atilla last night. Nice guy, works nights at the hotel they have at Thorpe Park for people who stay overnight. He's from Hungary, so yes, I am living with Atilla the Hun.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So I met my new housemate Atilla last night. Nice guy, works nights at the hotel they have at Thorpe Park for people who stay overnight. He's from Hungary, so yes, I am living with Atilla the Hun.

I knew an Attila from Hungary too. Isn't it a bit like being german and calling your kid Adolf? Get new names, Hungary!

Watched the first two episodes of the new series of Utopia.

God damn the show is good, really doesn't pull punches with the violence and themes. First episode was a flashback and had the "you know nuffin, Jon Snoooow" girl from GoT in it. She was actually really good in it, a very different role for her to play.

A lot of works of fiction incorporate shadowy organisations but I've never seen one presented as casually violent and cruel as the one in Utopia.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Watched the first two episodes of the new series of Utopia.

God damn the show is good, really doesn't pull punches with the violence and themes. First episode was a flashback and had the "you know nuffin, Jon Snoooow" girl from GoT in it. She was actually really good in it, a very different role for her to play.

A lot of works of fiction incorporate shadowy organisations but I've never seen one presented as casually violent and cruel as the one in Utopia.

I thought her impression of the old actress was just incredible, I knew who she was right away. And I haven't checked the IMDB, but was the scientist in the past played by the same actor as RB? Amazing acting if so. Great show.

8bit

Knows the Score
I thought her impression of the old actress was just incredible, I knew who she was right away. And I haven't checked the IMDB, but was the scientist in the past played by the same actor as RB? Amazing acting if so. Great show.

Don't think so, the scientist had a bit of a hair lip that would have been difficult to prep repeatedly in makeup.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wished more people referred to them as road bikes because then they may remember they should be cycling on THE BLOODY ROAD!

The_Poet

Banned
Wished more people referred to them as road bikes because then they may remember they should be cycling on THE BLOODY ROAD!

But they don't pay road tax! They should not be on the road! Especially when they cycle in the middle of the lane on a country road making it impossible to overtake for 3 miles while doing 15mph..

Can we call them Edge-of-the-Road Bikes? Some lycra clad twats seem so blinded by the euphoria of their active lifestyle that they don't realise nobody can overtake them.

She's a keeper.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

That's Tom Burke, he's been around for a little while now doing bits and pieces. I think he was in Casanova?

I hadn't realised that was Ygritte! Don't know how I missed that one. She's also apparently Jon Snow's cousin, which is odd.

What a great series Utopia is though.

But they don't pay road tax! They should not be on the road! Especially when they cycle in the middle of the lane on a country road making it impossible to overtake for 3 miles while doing 15mph..

can't we all agree to call them fuckcopters, ridden around by arsey fuckpuppets?

anyway, i dislike this heat, it is impossible to sweat with dignity.

The_Poet

Banned
Given that it was abolished more than 80 years ago, I'd say you were being a chump ;)

(There's no such thing as road tax. You're probably thinking of Vehicle Excise Duty which is a tax for the vehicle, not the road).

Oh, I Thought it went towards road repairs? It's what I've been calling the tax disc

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Whatever you call them, keep them off the bloody pavements, or they will soon be literally bloody... because of their blood... because people will be mad at them and stuff... and hit them...

SmokyDave

Whatever you call them, keep them off the bloody pavements, or they will soon be literally bloody... because of their blood... because people will be mad at them and stuff... and hit them...
Eh, I dunno. I think it's become a catch-22 where cyclists want to stay the fuck away from motorists because so many motorists have this 'fuck you, roads are for cars' mentality. Mind you, it doesn't help that there are plenty of antagonistic cunts on bikes out there. And motorbikes. And in trucks. And cars.

Everyone on the road is as bad as everyone else. Pick a group you're not part of, and blame 'em for everything.

NinjaBoiX

Hey Meat (both flavours), you'll probably dig this, 8bit too. injurai just posted it in the "rate the song above you" thread:

DJ Krush & DJ Shadow - Duality

Bloody marvellous. I can't quite decide who's part I prefer, but that bit at 1:18...

Tf9PV5Q.png

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey Meat (both flavours), you'll probably dig this, 8bit too. injurai just posted it in the "rate the song above you" thread:

DJ Krush & DJ Shadow - Duality

Bloody marvellous. I can't quite decide who's part I prefer, but that bit at 1:18...

Tf9PV5Q.png

That's off Meiso, innit? That's an album I need to revisit soon.

Also, my phone made me happy this morning with this on random:

Lamb - Trans Fatty Acid (Kruder & Dorfmeister Session)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94NU-W-KgxI

NinjaBoiX

Yes 8bit! I love The K&D Sessions, it's an amazing mix, that's one of the best tracks on it. Lamb are so good, they're playing the Albert Hall here in November, I'm going to try and get tickets.

This track is pretty special to me, holds many feels:

Lamb - Gabriel

Zero is one of the most beautifully delicate songs I've ever heard too. The quintessential headphones track:

Lamb - Zero

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be all over your track tonight, Ninj, but if we're talking Lamb... you gotta Fly

Ahhh, brings back memories of ODing at Glastonbury. I thought I could see the music before I started my 5 hour up chuck ordeal.

Good times.

NinjaBoiX

Lamb man, one of those bands where you can't even pick a favourite track. But Fear of Fours is probably the best record. Maybe an obvious choice, but B-Line is always such a buzz (lol). The way the intensity increases with the chorus, and then builds again with every consecutive chorus, by the end she's almost shouting the "I go bada-bada-bada-bada" line, love it:

Lamb - B-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom