• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, I remember first seeing B-Line on the ITV Chart Show. Dat sweet Hammer & Tongs video. Yup, Fear of Fours is indeed the nuts.

About to crack into that Deej track, Ninj.

EDIT: That was a sweet selection, Ninj.

EDITEDIT: As was the Krugerandd Hoffmeister, 8bit!

Also, where's the Red Snapper love, guys?

8bit

Knows the Score
Some things :

The Aloof - One Night Stand : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYzRzYBzjv8

Ruby - Paraffin : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVd3xd-fyk

Tricky - Aftermath : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnHliMbc5zQ

Cooldcut - Atomic Moog 2000 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmG1AElrvg

Secret Knowledge - Sugar Daddy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2-9IkqY8jw

Was trying to remember a trip hopish song, thought it referred to gods such as Apollo, Zeus, Adonis but can't seem to find it. Had a video with someone running on spacey loops but can't pin it down right now.

Yeah, Red Snapper were brill. edit, can't seem to find their remix of Coldcut - Reboot The System online. WTFINTERNET

Eh, here's Coldcut - Realise (Boss Attacks) from Rez instead : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP9m57Me0fY

NinjaBoiX

Christ, I remember first seeing B-Line on the ITV Chart Show. Dat sweet Hammer & Tongs video. Yup, Fear of Fours is indeed the nuts.

About to crack into that Deej track, Ninj.

EDIT: That was a sweet selection, Ninj.

EDITEDIT: As was the Krugerandd Hoffmeister, 8bit!

Also, where's the Red Snapper love, guys?
Gorgeous mate. I've heard the name Red Snapper before, but never actually checked them out. I love the wobbly sounding bass, and the vocal really reminds me of Safe From Harm by Massive Attack. This is good!
Some things :

The Aloof - One Night Stand : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYzRzYBzjv8

Ruby - Paraffin : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVd3xd-fyk

Tricky - Aftermath : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnHliMbc5zQ

Cooldcut - Atomic Moog 2000 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmG1AElrvg

Secret Knowledge - Sugar Daddy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2-9IkqY8jw

Was trying to remember a trip hopish song, thought it referred to gods such as Apollo, Zeus, Adonis but can't seem to find it. Had a video with someone running on spacey loops but can't pin it down right now.

Yeah, Red Snapper were brill. edit, can't seem to find their remix of Coldcut - Reboot The System online. WTFINTERNET
Lovely stuff 8bit. Can't go wrong with Tricky and Coldcut, loved the Aloof track and Ruby and Secret Knowledge are also brand new for me, happy days!

Lovely night of music gents, best kind of britgaf posting.

OFf4ivi.gif

Ayo Jed, finally got round to listening to your stuff, sorry it took a while. I dig it man, really good stuff. I really liked Monkey Doo on the mini-album, and I hope I'm right in recognising the Manchester Orchestra reference in the title of the single? But yeah, just ordered the CD and the vinyl, looking forward to that and keep up the good work!

SmokyDave

In about three hours, kiddo will wake up, instantly demand food and then after wolfing it down, she'll burp in my face, furiously expel as much shit as she can muster, and then lie there booting me as I attempt to clean her up. She'll smile at me while she's doing it too. Can't fucking wait, man.

If there's one thing that's taken me by surprise with my first child, it's how rapidly they grow and develop. I've lived around plenty of babies, but I've never scrutinised the minutiae of, well, any other human like I have with my daughter. Even though it's only been five and a half months, so much stuff has happened. I've watched her go from being a useless lump of people-veal that couldn't really do anything other than lie on my chest, to a kid that holds her own bottle, pisses herself laughing, and is rapidly learning how to crawl.

I'm taken aback by how profound simple skills can be if you don't have them. She can make the tiniest breakthrough, and I'll feel like I just watched her stomp the field in a BTCC race*. The first time she looked at an object and then purposefully grasped for it felt epic, so fuck knows what I'll be like when she's riding a bike.

Kid has an abso-fucking-lutely lovely temperament. She's an absolute joy, such a chilled and happy baby. She barely mithers unless she's knackered or hungry, though lately her teeth have been making her occasionally sob. Your heart goes out to 'em when you see that little red face absolutely breathless and roaring in pain and confusion. Aside from the teething, she's the happiest kid I've ever known. She's always smiling or peacefully taking in her surroundings. Her face is tremendously expressive so I can sit and watch her endlessly. Then she'll catch your eye and bust into a huge dummy-dropping grin and it's overwhelming, man. You just can't convey that depth of feeling in words. It is all.

She's not in a great sleep routine, but it'll do. Usually goes up to bed around seven, then gets up around half four for an hour or so, then back to sleep for a couple of hours. Eh, it'll do. All things considered, I've nothing to moan about.

She's definitely bought me and the missus much closer too. It feels like we were meant to be parents all along, it's the confluence of our strengths. It's hard, but it never feels hard. We just seem to know who should do what and when, and we do it. We work together really well and, in combination with a happy baby, it's made for such a positive environment for everyone.

So, uh, yeah. Parenthood and kids and that. Hot shit. I've tried not to talk about it because I know it's a big cliche, but it has been amazing.

Oh, that three hours is now two hours. Shit.

*As I ended that sentence, the 'Bastard Thing That Thinks Your Kid Is Dead When It Actually Isn't 3000' baby monitor went off. It basically sends out a tone that destroys your inner ears in the event that it feels like doing it, and you poke your head into the cot and confirm that it is in fact shit at whatever it's supposed to do. Still, the intercom is handy for intercomming. Reckon I'll whip out the shit-at-sensing-stuff pads though.

Turns out it did me a favour this time because kiddo had shaken off a scratch mitt and found the back of her neck. She likes to rub there, or the top of her arm. She does it so much that she can break the skin though, shit's messy. Popped the mitt back on and marvelled at her for a bit before glaring at the monitor and getting back in bed. Fucking monitor.

Mikeside

In about three hours, kiddo will wake up, instantly demand food and then after wolfing it down, she'll burp in my face, furiously expel as much shit as she can muster, and then lie there booting me as I attempt to clean her up. She'll smile at me while she's doing it too. Can't fucking wait, man.

If there's one thing that's taken me by surprise with my first child, it's how rapidly they grow and develop. I've lived around plenty of babies, but I've never scrutinised the minutiae of, well, any other human like I have with my daughter. Even though it's only been five and a half months, so much stuff has happened. I've watched her go from being a useless lump of people-veal that couldn't really do anything other than lie on my chest, to a kid that holds her own bottle, pisses herself laughing, and is rapidly learning how to crawl.

I'm taken aback by how profound simple skills can be if you don't have them. She can make the tiniest breakthrough, and I'll feel like I just watched her stomp the field in a BTCC race*. The first time she looked at an object and then purposefully grasped for it felt epic, so fuck knows what I'll be like when she's riding a bike.

Kid has an abso-fucking-lutely lovely temperament. She's an absolute joy, such a chilled and happy baby. She barely mithers unless she's knackered or hungry, though lately her teeth have been making her occasionally sob. Your heart goes out to 'em when you see that little red face absolutely breathless and roaring in pain and confusion. Aside from the teething, she's the happiest kid I've ever known. She's always smiling or peacefully taking in her surroundings. Her face is tremendously expressive so I can sit and watch her endlessly. Then she'll catch your eye and bust into a huge dummy-dropping grin and it's overwhelming, man. You just can't convey that depth of feeling in words. It is all.

She's not in a great sleep routine, but it'll do. Usually goes up to bed around seven, then gets up around half four for an hour or so, then back to sleep for a couple of hours. Eh, it'll do. All things considered, I've nothing to moan about.

She's definitely bought me and the missus much closer too. It feels like we were meant to be parents all along, it's the confluence of our strengths. It's hard, but it never feels hard. We just seem to know who should do what and when, and we do it. We work together really well and, in combination with a happy baby, it's made for such a positive environment for everyone.

So, uh, yeah. Parenthood and kids and that. Hot shit. I've tried not to talk about it because I know it's a big cliche, but it has been amazing.

Oh, that three hours is now two hours. Shit.

*As I ended that sentence, the 'Bastard Thing That Thinks Your Kid Is Dead When It Actually Isn't 3000' baby monitor went off. It basically sends out a tone that destroys your inner ears in the event that it feels like doing it, and you poke your head into the cot and confirm that it is in fact shit at whatever it's supposed to do. Still, the intercom is handy for intercomming. Reckon I'll whip out the shit-at-sensing-stuff pads though.

Turns out it did me a favour this time because kiddo had shaken off a scratch mitt and found the back of her neck. She likes to rub there, or the top of her arm. She does it so much that she can break the skin though, shit's messy. Popped the mitt back on and marvelled at her for a bit before glaring at the monitor and getting back in bed. Fucking monitor.

No need, Dave. Reading your thoughts and feelings on parenthood is becoming a highlight of this thread.

I.
Am.
Fucking.
Broody.

Super happy for you, man. It sounds like you're crushing this whole 'dad' thing.

8bit

Knows the Score

That's not too bad, to be fair. I've know other parents with children in far worse routines. The thing that helped for us was a late feed around 1100, our children were barely awake but knew what to do with a bottle and both of ours sleep through the night.

We also used a monitor for a while, but after a few months and the odd false alarm it was removed. The intercom bit was useful for a while as the bedrooms are upstairs but now they're loud enough to be heard from the basement.

SKINNER!

Banned

Reading this made me feel all fuzzy inside :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

This so much. Just watching them learning and interacting with things is fascinating. They're just little information sponges, absorbing everything.

Evy Eris is starting to understand stuff we're saying now too. If I say "Bash! Bash! Bash!" she immediately crawls over to the bongos I strategically left on the floor and starts hitting them, then she looks at me with a big drool-caked grin for approval. On the other hand, if I start cack-handedly hitting them, she again crawls over, uses them to stand up and then starts wiggling her butt in time. Highly amusing.

SmokyDave

Thanks ladies and gentlemen. I've been trying not to post about baby stuff because it feels like all I talk about lately, but if y'all are quite happy listening to me ramble, I shall ramble more often.

Here she is, the little cherub:

Happy little kiddo. She loves the sound of a 5.7 litre V12, which makes me burst with pride.

That's not too bad, to be fair. I've know other parents with children in far worse routines. The thing that helped for us was a late feed around 1100, our children were barely awake but knew what to do with a bottle and both of ours sleep through the night.

We also used a monitor for a while, but after a few months and the odd false alarm it was removed. The intercom bit was useful for a while as the bedrooms are upstairs but now they're loud enough to be heard from the basement.
Aye, we're experimenting with the whole 'dream feed' thing at the moment. It's not working very well because I can't contain myself and I end up babbling at the kid until she wakes up and gives me stink eye.

This so much. Just watching them learning and interacting with things is fascinating. They're just little information sponges, absorbing everything.

Evy Eris is starting to understand stuff we're saying now too. If I say "Bash! Bash! Bash!" she immediately crawls over to the bongos I strategically left on the floor and starts hitting them, then she looks at me with a big drool-caked grin for approval. On the other hand, if I start cack-handedly hitting them, she again crawls over, uses them to stand up and then starts wiggling her butt in time. Highly amusing.
Heh, my niece (who is only six months older than kiddo) responds to Bash Bash Bash too. What a strange coincidence. Mind you, most kids the world over learn 'gone' as their first word (in their respective tongues) and that's weird too.

Can't wait until kiddo can stand. She wants to at the moment (and has done since she was tiny), but her poor little legs really aren't up to the task yet.

At the moment I'm placing baby on one side of the room, and her Gruffalo on the other. It takes her a good while, but she can now make it right the way across the room.

Can't be long before I can get her fetching beers.

Thanks. Miles away so a Monday pop in in way out of the question.

Damn

You could back it anyway and take my word that it's rad (it even has rad in the name!) >_>

It's doing a bit better than it was a week ago (apparently I now consider £10k "a bit"), which is good, but still hasn't made it halfway yet :c

Though holy shit someone's gone for the crazy £5000 tier what?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ayo Jed, finally got round to listening to your stuff, sorry it took a while. I dig it man, really good stuff. I really liked Monkey Doo on the mini-album, and I hope I'm right in recognising the Manchester Orchestra reference in the title of the single? But yeah, just ordered the CD and the vinyl, looking forward to that and keep up the good work!

Aw thanks for the nice words man, I'm glad you liked it. And yup, the Manchester Orchestra reference is Johnny's doing, they're one of his faves. Thanks for your support and enjoy the record! I think it's propa sexi :)

Actually, I'll be able to announce the dates properly soon, but chances are very high that we'll be playing a show in Brixton in September if you (or any other BGAF) fancy it. New video coming soon too, we're working on the edit this week. Exciting times.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This baby stuff is very sweet :) Not going to tell Mrs H I read this or she'll give me an earful of baby-need. Come on mortgage, get paid!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I jokingly tell the missus that kiddo is never watching 'Grease' because it teaches girls that you should dress slaggier and smoke cigs to attract a closeted boyfriend.

That's good!

What about 'Little Mermaid', where the central message is "SHUT UP AND CHANGE EVERYTHING FOR YOUR MAN"?

Or 'Beauty and the Beast' AKA 'Stockholm Syndrome: The Movie'?

Aw thanks for the nice words man, I'm glad you liked it. And yup, the Manchester Orchestra reference is Johnny's doing, they're one of his faves. Thanks for your support and enjoy the record! I think it's propa sexi :)

Actually, I'll be able to announce the dates properly soon, but chances are very high that we'll be playing a show in Brixton in September if you (or any other BGAF) fancy it. New video coming soon too, we're working on the edit this week. Exciting times.

Awesome, I'd be up for coming to see you guys play, but I got some knee surgery on 8th August and I'll have a brace on for 6 weeks, then after that I'll be off to Japan. So depends on the dates, but if I'm mobile, I'll see if I can make it.

What's CiF?

Is it 'cunts interfering futilely'?

I jokingly tell the missus that kiddo is never watching 'Grease' because it teaches girls that you should dress slaggier and smoke cigs to attract a closeted boyfriend.

"Comment Is Free", their strange blogging platform. That piece wouldn't - I believe - have ended up in the newspaper.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Brother Acrid is a huge fan.

Amen Brother Acrid.

I love their stuff, I think Trent is a genius, but I'm not too familiar with all their stuff

Oooo!

If you have the inclination here are songs to YouTube. I've put a wad as you must know a few already!

Closer
Copy of A
Discipline
Head Like A Hole
Heresy
Only
Capital G
The Beginning of the End
Into the Void
Find My Way (my current favourite)

Amen Brother Acrid.

Oooo!

If you have the inclination here are songs to YouTube. I've put a wad as you must know a few already!

Closer
Copy of A
Discipline
Head Like A Hole
Heresy
Only
Capital G
The Beginning of the End
Into the Void
Find My Way (my current favourite)

Cheers sploat! I know a few of those but will check em all out :D

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Gah was on the final part of the Old Russia level on the final boss and the Destiny servers disconnected for maintenance.

Man that spider tank is a real pain to take down. The amount of bullets i have entered into they mighty legs..

Retired from the beta to play mass effect. Destiny gave me the sci fi itch

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cheers sploat! I know a few of those but will check em all out :D

Cool! Good beaty music.

Man that spider tank is a real pain to take down. The amount of bullets i have entered into they mighty legs..

Retired from the beta to play mass effect. Destiny gave me the sci fi itch

Are you in for the full game?

I liked the spider tank, but my favourite is the bit before that when it's just wave after wave of baddies. It's really intense in a good way.

jimbor

Banned
Cool! Good beaty music.

I liked the spider tank, but my favourite is the bit before that when it's just wave after wave of baddies. It's really intense in a good way.

Me too. Those waves were intense, the spider tank just sat there.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Cool! Good beaty music.

Day one. I just feel i have done everything you can do in the beta. The top tank 8 right ?

Me too. Those waves were intense, the spider tank just sat there.

I lost so many life's during the waves first time round. Second time i chilled next to the massive tunnel and picked the fools off.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Day one. I just feel i have done everything you can do in the beta. The top tank 8 right ?

I lost so many life's during the waves first time round. Second time i chilled next to the massive tunnel and picked the fools off.

Yeah unless you want to grind out upgrades / play PvP. Tbh I thought I was done but it's just fun to keep blasting things. I got hooked trying to earn enough money to buy a faster speeder.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ps god of war on vita is top smash fun. I almost wish I was Kratos in real life. The next time someone passes me some work to do I'd slice them into pieces and claim their health.

NinjaBoiX

I might just sell my PS4. I keep telling myself, "I'll get a few hours in tonight" but something always comes up. A few months ago I had all the free time in the world, but in the last six weeks all I've managed to play is the first 20 minutes of AC4, and I still have Rayman, Tomb Raider and Infamous totally untouched, and NFS Rivals barely started plus all the free digital games from my PS+ sub that I've also hardly used. It just seems like it sitting there losing value at the moment.

But then I won't get to play GTA5 HD and all the other primo stuff coming out. And now I've sold all my other nerding stuff, I'll have nothing left at all. I'll be basically giving up something I've done for the last 20 years of my life. Sad times man...

SmokyDave

Ps god of war on vita is top smash fun. I almost wish I was Kratos in real life. The next time someone passes me some work to do I'd slice them into pieces and claim their health.
I really want to buy it, but I already own both games three times over. It would be fucking cool to have those two and the PSP games sat on my Vita though.

Eh, I'll wait for a sale. Or, buy 'em next time I'm drunk. So, about 8 hours.

I might just sell my PS4. I keep telling myself, "I'll get a few hours in tonight" but something always comes up. A few months ago I had all the free time in the world, but in the last six weeks all I've managed to play is the first 20 minutes of AC4, and I still have Rayman, Tomb Raider and Infamous totally untouched, and NFS Rivals barely started plus all the free digital games from my PS+ sub that I've also hardly used. It just seems like it sitting there losing value at the moment.

But then I won't get to play GTA5 HD and all the other primo stuff coming out. And now I've sold all my other nerding stuff, I'll have nothing left at all. I'll be basically giving up something I've done for the last 20 years of my life. Sad times man...
Don't do it, dude. It's obviously going to be 'the' console this generation so you might as well stay in the club. I can barely find time to play mine, but I'm still glad it's there. If you sell yours, I guarantee you'll buy another within the next 18 months.

The_Poet

Banned

Keep it. You'll eventually have some down time.

Or sell it to me for half price

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Things could change though, especially once you settle down.

I really want to buy it, but I already own both games three times over. It would be fucking cool to have those two and the PSP games sat on my Vita though.

Eh, I'll wait for a sale. Or, buy 'em next time I'm drunk. So, about 8 hours.

I've never played them before so it's great to finally have the chance, plus I don't notice where the port is a bit shonky.

Three times over means spend the money on the baby, fool!

openrob

So LondonGAF, I have heard you mention Loading Bar before.

You should all go there on Monday and play the VR F-Zero that some doods I know are making.

And then back the Kickstarter.

thx
DS London now have events there. The main bit of the bar is called scenario. However I have only been there once (for MK8 launch). Looks pretty cool, but quite small and more chilled out.

Video games are downstairs, board games up stairs. Sofa's, music, cold beer. It works well as a normal bar that happens to have games in it.

I.e. if it had no games, the bar still looks like I would go there.

I also kinda hate them for opening a gaming bar in Dalston before me. Haha

Honestly, spent time seriously considering it as I was working in the area. Was looking at the practicalities of it after I saw one of those 2 bit Indian gaming shops close earlier this year.

Only to find that I was beaten to the idea :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom