• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookmunki

Schrödinger's cat;121410661 said:
Woot. New job. Smack bang in the heart of town.

In fact, right opposite Crytek UK's offices.

Should make for some interesting viewing.

Council? I cycle past there every day, it's looked glum and practically empty all year.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Honestly that's why I'd never buy a gaming laptop, there's no easy way of diagnosing the issue yourself, removing the part at fault replacing it.

Is it just not turning on or something similar?
It just cut out and won't turn back on. I think I heard a clicking noise the moment it cut out, but I couldn't really tell, as I had in ear headphones on.

7aged

Uber are gonna have ice cream trucks running tomorrow. Order it on the app and they deliver to you. Only it is stupidly expensive :

For £20 you get 5 Mr Whippy ice creams and branded Uber goodies - you can request higher multiples of ice cream if you wish, all you need to do is ask!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'M AWAAAAK! And it's been a while since I've banged on about Prince.

MEAT AND JED ARE YOU LISTENING

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/prince

7. He rejected a deal with CBS when he was 19 because they insisted that Verdine White from Earth, Wind, and Fire produce his first three albums. Prince later signed a deal with Warner Bros. that allowed him to produce his own music.

9. Despite the fact that he put The Time through rigorous rehearsals for the album, Prince ended up recording every single instrumental part on their debut album himself. The only member of the band who is actually on the record is singer Morris Day, who was forced to closely mimic Prince’s delivery and is often overshadowed by his backing vocals.

13. Prince also ghostwrote and produced a record for Vanity 6, a trio fronted by Denise Matthews, a woman he was dating in the early ’80s.

14. He originally wanted the group to be called The Hookers, and for Matthews to go by the stage name Vagina — pronounced “va-geen-uh” — but she refused and chose the name Vanity instead.

15. Prince gave the group the name Vanity 6 because among the three members, there were six breasts.

17. “When Doves Cry” was revolutionary for being the first major R&B hit to not include a bass line.

18. Prince essentially directed all of his videos in the ’80s, even if a video technically had an official director. He made Larry Williams, the guy hired to direct “When Doves Cry,” sit outside with a stack of magazines while that video was made.

22. Pat Smear from Nirvana and The Foo Fighters was an extra in the video for “Raspberry Beret.” He was originally turned down when he auditioned, but Prince insisted that he be in the video because he liked his dreadlocks.

28. Prince developed a female alter ego known as Camille while working on Sign O the Times. He used the persona on the single “If I Was Your Girlfriend,” and achieved the effect by slowing down the tape as he sang in his normal register, and then speeding the tape up in playback.

29. He reportedly recorded an entire album as Camille, but eventually scrapped it along with plans to film a movie about the character in which he’d play himself as well as appear in drag as Camille.

31. Prince insisted that The Black Album, his heavy funk follow-up to Sign O the Times, be recalled and canceled a week before its release date in 1987 because he reportedly became convinced that the record was a work of the devil. It was heavily bootlegged, and eventually released commercially in 1994.

58. Prince refuses to let journalists record his voice for interviews, but also disapproves of them taking notes while they are talking to him.

And damn it he's occasionally hot too. Apart from his eyebrows which are a bit too scouse.

qDXhWoz.gif

jimbor

Banned
MEDAL!

I'm watching a documentary on Bronies. They all seem quite nice and harmless.

Thanks for the medal. I imagine the British brony community took quite a large bit the other day...

I'M AWAAAAK! And it's been a while since I've banged on about Prince.

MEAT AND JED ARE YOU LISTENING

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/prince

7. He rejected a deal with CBS when he was 19 because they insisted that Verdine White from Earth, Wind, and Fire produce his first three albums. Prince later signed a deal with Warner Bros. that allowed him to produce his own music.

9. Despite the fact that he put The Time through rigorous rehearsals for the album, Prince ended up recording every single instrumental part on their debut album himself. The only member of the band who is actually on the record is singer Morris Day, who was forced to closely mimic Prince’s delivery and is often overshadowed by his backing vocals.

13. Prince also ghostwrote and produced a record for Vanity 6, a trio fronted by Denise Matthews, a woman he was dating in the early ’80s.

14. He originally wanted the group to be called The Hookers, and for Matthews to go by the stage name Vagina — pronounced “va-geen-uh” — but she refused and chose the name Vanity instead.

15. Prince gave the group the name Vanity 6 because among the three members, there were six breasts.

17. “When Doves Cry” was revolutionary for being the first major R&B hit to not include a bass line.

18. Prince essentially directed all of his videos in the ’80s, even if a video technically had an official director. He made Larry Williams, the guy hired to direct “When Doves Cry,” sit outside with a stack of magazines while that video was made.

22. Pat Smear from Nirvana and The Foo Fighters was an extra in the video for “Raspberry Beret.” He was originally turned down when he auditioned, but Prince insisted that he be in the video because he liked his dreadlocks.

28. Prince developed a female alter ego known as Camille while working on Sign O the Times. He used the persona on the single “If I Was Your Girlfriend,” and achieved the effect by slowing down the tape as he sang in his normal register, and then speeding the tape up in playback.

29. He reportedly recorded an entire album as Camille, but eventually scrapped it along with plans to film a movie about the character in which he’d play himself as well as appear in drag as Camille.

31. Prince insisted that The Black Album, his heavy funk follow-up to Sign O the Times, be recalled and canceled a week before its release date in 1987 because he reportedly became convinced that the record was a work of the devil. It was heavily bootlegged, and eventually released commercially in 1994.

58. Prince refuses to let journalists record his voice for interviews, but also disapproves of them taking notes while they are talking to him.

And damn it he's occasionally hot too. Apart from his eyebrows which are a bit too scouse.

qDXhWoz.gif

Prince facts, what a lovely way to start the day.

Ps, I think the problem with his eyebrows is that he plucks then too far apart.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for the medal. I imagine the British brony community took quite a large bit the other day...

Prince facts, what a lovely way to start the day.

Ps, I think the problem with his eyebrows is that he plucks then too far apart.

You might have a point there. I think he naturally has a bit of a unibrow so maybe overcompensating? You should never mess with your eyebrows without proper training!

Ha! He probably loved that, the dirty bugger.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Prince is an attractive human being, but he's incredibly effeminate. He's prettier than some girls I know.

Tbh that's probably why I like him. Seems that most of the men I find attractive aren't that far from looking like women. I quite like my women to look like men too :S Being alive is weird.

E is all glorious woman though.

I really should stop posting when I've been up all night.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You missed out the best Prince facts, Sploat:

1) Although an otherwise unremarkable high school student, Prince would periodically adopt different monikers, requesting teachers address him variously as "Little Padre", "The Lady Constance Vertebrae", "The Death Pickle" and "Mr Municipal Hut" among others.

2) Prince's diminutive stature is the result of a malfunctioning leg brace he wore between the ages of 5 and 11. It's estimated that he lost a total of 2-3 feet of height. Doctors suggest that if the error hadn't been noticed as soon as it was, he would've ceased to exist before he was 14.

3) To raise the money necessary to record his debut studio album, For You, Prince would loan himself out as a "Ringer" for illegal children's bare knuckle boxing matches. His current fight record stands at 57 Wins, 4 Losses and 0 Draws.

4) In addition to his singing abilities Prince is one of pop music's most prominent light house painters. So far he has painted the red rings on over 120 light houses around the world.

5) During the recording of Chaos and Disorder, Prince commissioned the production of an authentic Katzenklavier, a musical instrument which consists of cats fixed into place with their tails underneath a keyboard so that they cry out in pain when a key is pressed. Although it features prominently on tracks such as "I Rock, therefore I Am" and "Zannalee", rumours about the frustrated Prince's treatment of the cats were noted by Animal Rights lobbyists. The resultant media furore forced him to retire the Katzenklavier by putting it in a burlap sack with a few bricks and chucking it in a local river.

prince-at-grammys-o.gif

The_Poet

Banned

1) Although an otherwise unremarkable high school student, Prince would periodically adopt different monikers, requesting teachers address him variously as "Little Padre", "The Lady Constance Vertebrae", "The Death Pickle" and "Mr Municipal Hut" among others.

2) Prince's diminutive stature is the result of a malfunctioning leg brace he wore between the ages of 5 and 11. It's estimated that he lost a total of 2-3 feet of height. Doctors suggest that if the error hadn't been noticed as soon as it was, he would've ceased to exist before he was 14.

3) To raise the money necessary to record his debut studio album, For You, Prince would loan himself out as a "Ringer" for illegal children's bare knuckle boxing matches. His current fight record stands at 57 Wins, 4 Losses and 0 Draws.

4) In addition to his singing abilities Prince is one of pop music's most prominent light house painters. So far he has painted the red rings on over 120 light houses around the world.

5) During the recording of Chaos and Disorder, Prince commissioned the production of an authentic Katzenklavier, a musical instrument which consists of cats fixed into place with their tails underneath a keyboard so that they cry out in pain when a key is pressed. Although it features prominently on tracks such as "I Rock, therefore I Am" and "Zannalee", rumours about the frustrated Prince's treatment of the cats were noted by Animal Rights lobbyists. The resultant media furore forced him to retire the Katzenklavier by putting it in a burlap sack with a few bricks and chucking it in a local river.

2 had me rolling around! Excellent.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

prince-at-grammys-o.gif

roflolololololoolololololololol.

You have truly delivered...
Prince_Gold.jpg

You know what I forgot? It's Friday!!!!! So I'm renewing a tradition of mine.

What's everyone's weekend plans?

Tonight, I will be leaving work early and heading down the pub in glorious leafy Weybridge, to take my place in the beer garden

Tomorrow, a long-overdue haircut, and quite likely off out somewhere with the lady girlfriend.

Sunday, no idea yet. I rarely plan that far ahead

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I missed Mush's post!

I have a 4 day weekend this weekend.

Today I will be damaging my eyes by playing games and not sleeping.

Tomorrow we are going for fancy breakfast, watching the Apes filum and then having tattoos and piercings (finally).

Tomorrow evening I will be feeling like crap because of lack of sleep.

Sunday I will be being artistic and creative and making and doing things.

Monday I will probably be doing housework and playing more games.

Mikeside

Tonight: Parachute for Gordo free gig at my local pub. Aw fuckin yes!
Saturday: Zahra's mum is coming to visit so she can meet my mum & grandparents. We're gonna have a BBQ and watch the air show (weather permitting)
Sunday: Destiny.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Stunned a fly with the electric flyswatter (if the use of electric flyswatters upsets you I apologise, but you'll never convince me that they are not one of man's greatest inventions) and left it on the racket for a while to "cook through". Thought it was dead and chucked it in the bin. Now I hear a stupid buzzing from within the bin since apparently I didn't fry it long enough. Don't really want to let it escape though. Damn flies.

The_Poet

Banned
Oh man, 4 day weekend sound so good.

Not this weekend but next a friend has a holiday house in Cornwall and a few of us are going there for some surfing and general frolicking in the sun and sand.

I missed Mush's post!

That's because it from aaaaaaages ago.

How the hell did you find that Geordie?

Anyway, I'm flying back from Glasgow tonight, won't get home till gone 10pm.

Tomorrow I have a hen night to attend, should get messy!

Sunday no plans, most likely recovering.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Tonight - Fuckall

Tomorrow - Fuckall

Hope it rains so i don't feel like i'm wasting my time.

Mr. Sam

If work is what you do when you'd rather be somewhere else, I've worked very, very hard today.

The weekend holds two major events for me: 1) learning to ride a bike at the age of 22 and 2) Monty Python. There's also the promise of an Indian tonight.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I know this, but the BritGaf peeps not on Whatsapp are missing out on all the Kentpaul goodness. You should post in here more dude, the thread was always better with you in it.

I have returned to forums when i'm on the PC. Pow life has zapped back to 2004! PC gaming and forums.

NinjaBoiX

I can't believe you actually fell for that.

Just send a PM to Jordan with your number you plum
Pretty sure he was just playing along with the gag to be fair. I can't believe you actually fell for that.

Also, I believe the correct term of disapproval in this situation would be "donut".

You donut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom