• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I'm basically with you guys. I'm super busy right now, but I'd like to think I'll have more free time in a few weeks/months.

But another big part of it is that I'm living with a complete luddite who shuns all technology and thinks video games are for kids. I posed this quandary to him the other day when I had the night off saying:

"Oh mate, I might stick the station on tonight, I haven't had a good old nerd in weeks!"

"Isn't that because you're not 12 years old anymore?"

:|

So we went out and got smashed instead. You know, like sophisticated adults do.

SteveWD40

Ignore that dickhead, gamers are ageing and it's showing, my office has 40 year olds lending each other 360 games, they have wives and kids too.

As for your dilemma, I now only game on my iPad, and I don't always have time for that, but I know it won't always be this way, hence I am budgeting to get a gaming PC at some point this year so I can dive back in.

If you sell it, you won't get much for it imho and will regret it. Oh and if your hogging the TV get a smaller one and have the PS4 in your room so you can do as you please.

SKINNER!

Banned
Tell him all about this great expo that's all about downing pints, pulling burds, lad mags and football.

Tell him the expo is called "EGX".

Tell him to buy a ticket and go this September.

Watch him have a mental breakdown.

NinjaBoiX

You guys don't need to tell me! I said exactly the same to him, "bro, it's not the 80's anymore, all kinds of people play nowadays".

As I say, he is a massive luddite, I've dragged him kicking and screaming into tethering so we don't need WiFi, downloading driver software for our printer, cloud saving for backing up our files, etc. He really doesn't have a clue.
Wow, he sounds fun...
He is actually. He's a top geez, he just happens to think that video games are for losers stuck in their childhood. But he's wrong about a lot of things.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Tell him all about this great expo that's all about downing pints, pulling burds, lad mags and football.

Tell him the expo is called "EGX".

Tell him to buy a ticket and go this September.

Watch him have a mental breakdown.

Is that what EGX is about?!?!?! I'm not cool enough for that kind of scene.

--

Games are my favowite fwings in the whole world after the people I love, animals, spicy food and sushi. I like them as much as comics AND records. Sometimes even more :-o

SmokyDave

Get him playing The Last of Us when it hits PS4, start to finish, then ask him again if games are "for kids".
That fucking game, man. I wouldn't talk about it on this site because the conversation is toxic, but I truly believe that game has single-handedly elevated games as a medium. Everyone sceptical of the 'power' of videogames ought to be forced to play it.

Can't fucking wait to double-dip.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've pre ordered it. Looking forward to playing it. Yup, the conversation is the kind of thing that suggests games are for kids (or at least angry manchildren)

SteveWD40

That fucking game, man. I wouldn't talk about it on this site because the conversation is toxic, but I truly believe that game has single-handedly elevated games as a medium. Everyone sceptical of the 'power' of videogames ought to be forced to play it.

Can't fucking wait to double-dip.

If Cormac McCarthy made games, he would make TLoU.

The multiplayer was bretty gud, but will the gore be censored in the EU PS4 version too?

edit

Probably a question for the OT but I can't bring myself to go in there

Slowdive

Banned
Can't wait for it. I never actually played the multiplayer in the original so I'm looking forward to it.

The multiplayer was bretty gud, but will the gore be censored in the EU PS4 version too?

edit

Yeah it is.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If Cormac McCarthy made games, he would make TLoU.

That's a pretty bold statement, I'm sure there is at least some grammar in TLOU.

That fucking game, man. I wouldn't talk about it on this site because the conversation is toxic, but I truly believe that game has single-handedly elevated games as a medium.

Why is it toxic, I thought everyone loved it? I'll be playing for the first time when I get hold of a PS4 (around the time MGSV releases).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

edit

It's censored.

That's a pretty bold statement, I'm sure there is at least some grammar in TLOU.

Why is it toxic, I thought everyone loved it? I'll be playing for the first time when I get hold of a PS4 (around the time MGSV releases).

Check out the thread I started and then embarrassed myself in on the gameplay in tlou for a sample. Ugh.

SKINNER!

Banned
Wondering if I should double-dip with Last of Us. Did promise myself that I wouldn't pick up any remake games that I already played on last gen but I never got round to playing the LoU DLC...and the game certainly does deserve a replay...hmmm.

SmokyDave

Nah, only 'Naughty God' fanboys can enjoy an interactive movie with no 'fun'. It's just another scripted corridor linear QTE blah blah blah blah.

You know, the usual bollocks from people that wish we'd never moved past Super Mario Bros. I'd rather just keep my appreciation to myself.

SteveWD40

That's a pretty bold statement, I'm sure there is at least some grammar in TLOU..

TYPAoEw.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nah, only 'Naughty God' fanboys can enjoy an interactive movie with no 'fun'. It's just another scripted corridor linear QTE blah blah blah blah.

You know, the usual bollocks from people that wish we'd never moved past Super Mario Bros. I'd rather just keep my appreciation to myself.

But there's also the other side which I was a victim of. I asked an open question about the gameplay and got max net rage from nutters banging on about how I should leave games of this calibre to those who can appreciate them, that I was part of a conspiracy to smear the game etc etc.

Basically I am still angry and am biding my time to exact full middle eastern vengeance.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gaming was better in the 90s. We had 256 colours and we used all of them. Now despite having 256billion colours available we only use seven shades of brown.

SmokyDave

But there's also the other side which I was a victim of. I asked an open question about the gameplay and got max net rage from nutters banging on about how I should leave games of this calibre to those who can appreciate them, that I was part of a conspiracy to smear the game etc etc.

Basically I am still angry and am biding my time to exact full middle eastern vengeance.
Yup, there's that too. I didn't read your thread (because I try and avoid any threads about flagship exclusives), but I can imagine the hostility you faced.

I like people that play games but I'm rapidly growing to hate 'gamers'.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Check out the thread I started and then embarrassed myself in on the gameplay in tlou for a sample. Ugh.

Wow. It started off so well and then Page 5 went menthol.

Because gaming forum.

Yeah, I just got a taste of the dinlo brigade.

Oh. Okay... I... *sniff*

95833.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
To be fair, most threads seem to go to shit quickly. Gaming attracts bams trying to make names for themselves and/or attract tags.

Anyway. Interview multiball for me this week, two interviews yesterday, one with HR and videoconf with people in US, then a local multipanel one today and a exploratory phone call for another role in the same company followed by discussion with the business partners tomorrow. At least by the weekend I'll be ready for holidays starting on Monday or dead.

Koriandrr

Anyone from London cycling at all?
I'm considering it, but I'm kind of scared of the roads.

Also don't sell your PS4 dude, the best games for it haven't even come out yet. You'll regret it later.

Volotaire

Also don't sell your PS4 dude, the best games for it haven't even come out yet. You'll regret it later.

Trust me, I fear for the cyclists of London. It's like a minefield, even for pedestrians crossing.

Volotaire

I'e completely ignored that thread for fear of spoilers. I just found out it was 301 pages long! hopefully if I get a PS4 in the future , I'll be able to play it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Yo! I recognise you from girlgaf! Welcome to Britgaf! Don't forget we have a questionnairegaf in the OPgaf!

Son Of D

On the subject of Last of Us I really should try it. Don't have a PS4 but the Cash Converters in Exeter has it for £17.99 so next time I'm up there I'll grab it. Can also get myself some PS+ since Strider is on PS+ for PS4 and I want that game so might as well get it via PS+ since I'll be focusing on my sub when I get a PS4.

What sport are you made for? Huh? HUH?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28062001

I got Wrestling at 1, Judo at 2 and Swimming at 3. I consider myself a fan of wrestling and combat sports. Can't swim to save my life though :(.

Koriandrr

Yo! I recognise you from girlgaf! Welcome to Britgaf! Don't forget we have a questionnairegaf in the OPgaf!

Oh my.. :D

Here it goes then..

When is your birthday: 08th February
Where do you live: East London™
Where are you from: Bulgaria
What do you do: Game stuff at SE
What is your quest: To come here and steal all your jobs.... just kidding. Maybe. To be rich enough to stay at home and play games 85% of the time.
Favourite actor/actress: ...tough one. Not really into celebrities and stuff, but let's say Aaron Paul, only because I met him and he was a super cool, down-to-earth dude. Unlike most of the other celebrities you meet around London.
Favourite band/artist: Tool.
Favourite TV show: GoT.
Favourite crisps: Walkers. Duh.
Favourite biscuit: Oreos. Also the Fox ones?
Least favourite Pokémon: Jynx. Gives me nightmares.
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactites. Pretty.
How do you cut your sandwiches: Triangles.

Netball, and I'm ill-suited to shooting.

I have no desire to play netball, and I'm pretty handy with a shotgun.

I defy you, test.

The test gave me Squash but I am pretty good at Badmington, the most effeminate of raquet sports. I almost blinded someone with a shuttlecock once.

Mikeside

Here it goes then..

What is your quest: To come here and steal all your jobs.... just kidding. Maybe. To be rich enough to stay at home and play games 85% of the time.
Favourite actor/actress: ...tough one. Not really into celebrities and stuff, but let's say Aaron Paul, only because I met him and he was a super cool, down-to-earth dude. Unlike most of the other celebrities you meet around London.

No way, a birthweek buddy!

I mountain bike in Epping Forest. Hate cycling on roads.

on a completely different note, really glad watkins has had his appeal denied.

Didn't hear this but good.

Here it goes then..

Welcome! You live near me, I've been to Bulgaria twice, and you have good taste in music.

And you're a girl? Yay, please stay and post lots and help us boost our numbers!

Koriandrr

haha thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :D

I'm actually applying for a British passport this year. Wish me luck. It's essential to know the Royal family's favourite everything.

Hmmm... we're moving offices in September and the new office is like 30min walk/15min cycle away from me, hence the cycling seems so tempting right now. But I'm seriously gonna chicken out. I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom