• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele7on

Banned
Are we envisaging that you'd be able to walk into a Game (grrr...) and buy a white PS4 next week, or will you need to pre-order?

A mate of mine works in game and he said his store is all sold out of em.

I would get in and preorder just to be on the safe side.

Don't worry about it :)

Cool, how old were you when you moved over?

Also you didn't answer if you play any instruments :p

15. It's been 4 years now. Haven't really had much time to settle or get to know UK except a few famous places.
Hopefull now

As for instruments, there was this guy who worked for my dad back in Pakistan, and he was a pro in playing this instrument
413017_zenflute8.jpg

so this is the only I've played
I suck at it

and I love this spoiler tag thingi

apologies in advance for my english

NinjaBoiX

Bros with PS4s need get on Metro Redux shit is tight.

I thought Last Light was okay on PS3, only played a bit of Metro 2033 on a friend's 360 but it kept crashing. Struck me as similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R in look and feel but more linear.

I don't imagine the visual improvements are very extensive; the Metro games were already quite easy on the eye. So it's low on my list of HD re-releases to get. Sorry bro
60fps bro. And absolutely rock solid according to digital foundry. Also, gameplay/streaming enhancements, better grafix, etc.

They reckon it's one of the more impressive remasters actually. I quite fancy it when I get back on the horse.
You got it brah. Late to the two piece party with their polished, accessible sound. Slurping on satans cock :O

If Royal Blood are slurping Satans cock, I'm right along side with them.
KNPC9Km.jpg

:D

15. It's been 4 years now. Haven't really had much time to settle or get to know UK except a few famous places.
Hopefull now

As for instruments, there was this guy who worked for my dad back in Pakistan, and he was a pro in playing this instrument
413017_zenflute8.jpg

so this is the only I've played
I suck at it

and I love this spoiler tag thingi

apologies in advance for my english

Well if you ever want to check out London there's loads of us here who would be more than willing to show you about. Also you should consider coming to a meet sometime, the big ones are every 3 months, next one is the Saturday after Eurogamer.

And dude, your English is better than half the people in here :)

Hystzen

I thought Last Light was okay on PS3, only played a bit of Metro 2033 on a friend's 360 but it kept crashing. Struck me as similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R in look and feel but more linear.

I don't imagine the visual improvements are very extensive; the Metro games were already quite easy on the eye. So it's low on my list of HD re-releases to get. Sorry bro

Metro 2033 has been pretty much redone from scratch changed gameplay fully. Changed layouts and other details, 60fps and 1080p. The game oozes atmosphere and drags you in even without the Ranger mode which removes your HUD. Survival hardcore is perfect difficulty for first run and I actually jumped at few places which I never do.

It can be picked up for £25 it bargain as it 2 games fully touched up compared to last of us slight touch up for £40. I played last light on ps+ felt but similar but sitting down with on PS4 it changed my mind

Well if you ever want to check out London there's loads of us here who would be more than willing to show you about. Also you should consider coming to a meet sometime, the big ones are every 3 months, next one is the Saturday after Eurogamer.

And dude, your English is better than half the people in here :)

Damn, I have lived almost a year in London. Even got offered a job to be a part of London Olympic Ceremony. Well, I visit London once in a while so I will schedule my next visit with the get together.

Metro 2033 has been pretty much redone from scratch changed gameplay fully. Changed layouts and other details, 60fps and 1080p. The game oozes atmosphere and drags you in even without the Ranger mode which removes your HUD. Survival hardcore is perfect difficulty for first run and I actually jumped at few places which I never do.

It can be picked up for £25 it bargain as it 2 games fully touched up compared to last of us slight touch up for £40. I played last light on ps+ felt but similar but sitting down with on PS4 it changed my mind

I've got a voucher for CEX so maybe I can pick it up. How long do you think it will take to finish?

Skele7on

Banned
So I'm literally on the verge of a week off to play destiny and chill for the first time since Feb.

I have just got a call from the GF to say the internet is fucked...

Called BT and apparently there's a fault on my line that can't be sorted till next Thursday.

I think I'm going to cry.

Hystzen

I've got a voucher for CEX so maybe I can pick it up. How long do you think it will take to finish?

Metro2033 is about 8-10 hours more if you slow
Probably same for last light

So I'm literally on the verge of a week off to play destiny and chill for the first time since Feb.

Called BT and apparently there's a fault on my line that can't be sorted till next Thursday.

Don't worry nobody be playing Destiny servers are going be dead

Sucks bro. Are you playing on PS4?

If so I might add you for fireteam funtimes, I think a few of us like Mikeside and Sploatee are up for it as well.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yo yo yo!

Bad day at the office today. :'(

Hi new people!

Yes Destiny Destiny Destiny.

I won't get Metro because I saw a review which showed some weird pervy lap dancing scene? Nah thanks.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What makes it a bad day sploatee?

But yea don't be too sad, it's Friday and you're young and alive and video games.

Yo yo yo!

Hi new people!

Yes Destiny Destiny Destiny.

I won't get Metro because I saw a review which showed some weird pervy lap dancing scene? Nah thanks.

There was a bit of that in Metro Last Light I remember. CD Projekt also puts a bit of boob in the Witcher games so seems Eastern European devs are more inclined to put sexy times in their games than western devs.

Not sure whether that puts them at the cutting edge or the opposite of that. Frankly if a sex scene comes up in a game I can't wait till it ends. Two clusters of polygons clipping through each other in a hasty attempt to inject maturity doesn't do it for me.

NinjaBoiX

I'm working in the student village for Salford Uni at the moment. I was just walking through the communal area on the ground floor when the public payphone started ringing.

I pick it up and it's a PPI company.

62ZpILQ.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The funniest thing about Witcher is they have you seduce women and collect erotic playing cards based on each one you've slept with. I guess if you are going that hard in the paint there is no reason to be subtle about it.

Hystzen

I miss the Witcher Sex cards sure they hilariously awful but it stirred the collector in me plus the drawn art on them was cool

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm working in the student village for Salford Uni at the moment. I was just walking through the communal area on the ground floor when the public payphone started ringing.

I pick it up and it's a PPI company.
Were you hoping for a Hotline Miami assignment or something?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sorry to hear that sploat, hope your day improves. At least it's Frday right?

I'm stuck in LinkedIn training right now. So bored and pub is calling :(

Oh god. Not LinkedIn training. We've had that. I'm not sure what the point of LinkedIn is unless you want to move jobs.

What makes it a bad day sploatee?

But yea don't be too sad, it's Friday and you're young and alive and video games.

Just bad day. Mood up and mood down. Down right now.

There was a bit of that in Metro Last Light I remember. CD Projekt also puts a bit of boob in the Witcher games so seems Eastern European devs are more inclined to put sexy times in their games than western devs.

Not sure whether that puts them at the cutting edge or the opposite of that. Frankly if a sex scene comes up in a game I can't wait till it ends. Two clusters of polygons clipping through each other in a hasty attempt to inject maturity doesn't do it for me.

The video I saw made it look like Oi Guys Look Guys Boobs Boobs Ha Ha Ha. As soon as I saw that I just thought nah. I'll give my money to Counterspy instead.

Skele7on

Banned
so I have an engineer now coming tomorrow between 8am-1pm.

I called them and said Thursday is unacceptable and I will leave them if it is not fixed by Tuesday.

Turns out sometimes that threats work...

Still 8am on a Saturday, my future hungover self is not amused.

It's pretty iconic so yeah that changing the flag will be a huge bummer. I don't even think their economy can survive after separation.
or maybe it can

Well, I'm not British born but what bugs me is that why everyone greats me/back by saying duck or dove :/

Thank you kid sir!
or madam

When you called them "Lays", you gave yourself away.

Hystzen

Metro is killing or sneaking past Nazis, Communists, seeing Ghosts, Spiderbugs (A spider + scorpion combo fuck that shit) ambushing you in darkness, Lurkers (mutatnt dogs) who circle you and wont attack you if you looking at it if it has no backup, Demons (mutant tigers or cats who knows) flying around then throwing you around like a ragdoll for fun and crying in a corner due to having 2 pistol rounds a knife and 5 Nosalis looking to eat your face.

also staring matches with these guys

The 0.1% of boob screentime is deserved for Atryom after shit he goes through

This game joins the NO FUCKING WAY IM PLAYING THIS AT NIGHT IN DARK ROOM list with Dead Space

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The funniest thing about Witcher is they have you seduce women and collect erotic playing cards based on each one you've slept with. I guess if you are going that hard in the paint there is no reason to be subtle about it.

You don't exactly collect them, given that IIRC there is no way to view them afterwards. They are just a brilliantly awkward and misguided way to present the sex.

The Lady of the Lake card is hysterical.

One of my favourite games, that. The sense of atmosphere and the tone of it are sublime. I could listen to the soundtrack for days on end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFIbVqHOOIU

Volotaire

Woops

I won't
Not in BritGAF

Stoke-on-Trent :)
Originally from Pakistan

Thank you Sire, hopefully I will be a part of it!

Welcome, I'm a second/first born generation British Pakistani (not quite the same as you). It's odd since people say I have quite the English 'posh' accent.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The video I saw made it look like Oi Guys Look Guys Boobs Boobs Ha Ha Ha. As soon as I saw that I just thought nah. I'll give my money to Counterspy instead.

Semi serious question - as a gay lady, don't you like boobs too? Or does the feminism override the boobylust?

To be fair those bits in the games do look shit, there's something really embarrassing about digital boobs. So maybe you're coming at it from that angle too?

I ask because the few lesbians I know are also fairly right on and not into objectification in the same way guys can be. But tbh I'm not sure how sex works without good ol objectification :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I actually have a fedora, but its a wide brim (think Indian Jones) rather than the usual shape you see in all those images. Thing is I got this in like 2006, so long before fedoras became a thing, but now I'm really reluctant to wear it. :(

Just rented Amazing Spiderman 2...may Richard Dawkins have mercy on my fedora.

how do you even rent things nowadays? can this be done digitally, is that what's happening here? good god i feel old.

Semi serious question - as a gay lady, don't you like boobs too? Or does the feminism override the boobylust?

To be fair those bits in the games do look shit, there's something really embarrassing about digital boobs. So maybe you're coming at it from that angle too?

I ask because the few lesbians I know are also fairly right on and not into objectification in the same way guys can be. But tbh I'm not sure how sex works without good ol objectification :)

not to speak for sploat but i'm guessing that a mainstream objectification of women by men has a different feel than objectification of women by women, even putting aside personal tastes etc.
i don't really know what i'm on about.

on another note can we all agree to not talk about how good destiny is until i have my xbox in october sometime? thank you.

8bit

Knows the Score
Yo yo yo!

At least it's Friday, you've got a weekend to shake that off. Hope it passes soon. I cancelled a meeting today so I could go back to bed so you can live vicariously through that if you like. Late night me decided that disco dancing to the new Aphex Twin track until 0130 was a good idea.

Sorry to hear that sploat, hope your day improves. At least it's Frday right?

I'm stuck in LinkedIn training right now. So bored and pub is calling :(

Linkedin training sounds like the worst thing ever, what can they teach you? How to spam everyone ever and dilute the potential interconnected usefulness of the site by saying you're a LION?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
not to speak for sploat but i'm guessing that a mainstream objectification of women by men has a different feel than objectification of women by women, even putting aside personal tastes etc.

Yeah I should imagine this is the case. I should clarify, when I talk about objectification I don't so much mean media Nuts and Zoo and the Star style objectification which is pretty gross, but that more intimate "I wanna {x} her {y} all night" that you get between lovers or the attraction you generally feel towards people you wanna smang.

I know this lesbian couple that are so right-on it's hard to imagine them having sex with anything other than listening to enya and praying to the mother goddess.

Probably is quite a personal question though. No offense meant Sploatee! I just think you're interesting :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Eeek. Ummm. Probably something to do with tone. My head is scrambled eggs today but the best explanation I have is when we saw the new Transformers film. The camera lingers on the girl who is supposedly seventeen in this really leering way and you just imagine Michael Bay behind the camera drooling. Like with this, I just imagine the programmers all there going "phwoar" and drooling over the boobies they made. It just feels icky. That's probably a really bad argument but the best I've got atmo!

how do you even rent things nowadays? can this be done digitally, is that what's happening here? good god i feel old.

on another note can we all agree to not talk about how good destiny is until i have my xbox in october sometime? thank you.

YOUR AN XBOT WHY ARE YOU GETTING AN XBOX YA XBOT

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
At least it's Friday, you've got a weekend to shake that off. Hope it passes soon. I cancelled a meeting today so I could go back to bed so you can live vicariously through that if you like. Late night me decided that disco dancing to the new Aphex Twin track until 0130 was a good idea.

Linkedin training sounds like the worst thing ever, what can they teach you? How to spam everyone ever and dilute the potential interconnected usefulness of the site by saying you're a LION?

Hahahaha! both at the dancing and the LION thing. Oh my god. I am so sad that I know what that means.

Yeah I should imagine this is the case. I should clarify, when I talk about objectification I don't so much mean media Nuts and Zoo and the Star style objectification which is pretty gross, but that more intimate "I wanna {x} her {y} all night" that you get between lovers or the attraction you generally feel towards people you wanna smang.

I know this lesbian couple that are so right-on it's hard to imagine them having sex with anything other than listening to enya and praying to the mother goddess.

Probably is quite a personal question though. No offense meant Sploatee! I just think you're interesting :)

Why would I be offended? I'm just not the best person to ask. I'm not that right-on (I don't think), it's just my own preference. I don't wanna burn down every copy of Nuts or Zoo etc. Although I would rather everyone just read the TLS instead.

I wish I read the TLS instead of GAF and IGN and Polygon. And easy on the compliments Sniv I don't likes em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom