• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Poet

Banned
What are everyones gaming habits here?

I e do you start and stop loads of games or are you a completist?

I am realising that if I have too many games I actually get stressed out. I feel like I always need to just focus on one or two for a month at a time.

Like right now it's Counterspy and Diablo. Whenever I play anything else I actually get quite agitated because I've not finished what I've started.

I tend to start single player games then get drop them half hour later when my mates call to play DOTA 2 / CS:GO.

I recently completed Tomb Radier though.

I like games where I can play in short 30-40 minute sessions (like the previously mentioned) But Dark Souls (1+2) is excellent for this. I can play a segment to get to another bonfire and feel like I've made progress.

If I get a new game it's rare it'll stay in the machine until I complete it. I generally end up taking a break or playing something else and then eventually going back to it.

It's stupid really because for me it takes a lot of motivation to get back into a game I've put on hold, even if I really liked it. Never finished Valkyria Chronicles and I loved that game. I got halfway through the Dishonored DLC which was good before something else took my attention. Never finished South Park: The Stick of Truth. I have Fez, Pure Pool. BF4 (multiplayer) and soon, Destiny to play.

Never finished Killzone Shadowfall, or Knack, barely started Assassins' Creed: Black Flag... Might just sell all of those to be honest, plus CoD: Ghosts which was terrible. If I sold all those plus my PS3 versions of TLOU, GTAV and Diablo 3 it might help justify getting the re-releases on PS4.

I did finish Wolfenstein: The New Order and Infamous: Second Son but I think those are the only ones I have completed on PS4.

The mess I leave behind when it comes to gaming backlogs does fill me with guilty stress I must say.

NinjaBoiX

I'll give you £30 for it?

No wait, £40.

Ok ok, £20
tumblr_mcxg8dVImp1rtzlzf.gif

Fuck off Jedeye! Ninj, I'l swap ya a can of tuna and packet of Digestives for the PS4.
How big is the can? Not gonna lie, I eat a lot of tuna, this might not turn out to be such a good deal for you breh. You can keep your filthy digestives though.
I tend to start single player games then get drop them half hour later when my mates call to play DOTA 2 / CS:GO.

I recently completed Tomb Radier though.

I like games where I can play in short 30-40 minute sessions (like the previously mentioned) But Dark Souls (1+2) is excellent for this. I can play a segment to get to another bonfire and feel like I've made progress.
It's just going to take one game to hopefully get me back in the groove, maybe Bloodborne or GTA5.1.

I'm still interested in games, I just don't really play them anymore. And even that isn't a conscious choice, more a product of circumstance.

Skele7on

Banned
What are everyones gaming habits here?

I e do you start and stop loads of games or are you a completist?

I am realising that if I have too many games I actually get stressed out. I feel like I always need to just focus on one or two for a month at a time.

Like right now it's Counterspy and Diablo. Whenever I play anything else I actually get quite agitated because I've not finished what I've started.

I am stuck at the moment so many games.

Transistor and TLOU on ps4

Zelda, Mario kart and Monster hunter and wonderful 101 on WiiU

Diablo and Madden on Xbox One

I find myself just switching between not because I'm bored, but I feel a need to complete them all at around the same time.

When Destiny comes out which I have on both systems, I don't quite know how I am going to effectively use my time....

I need to become an octopus.

Reknoc

I tend to play games until something new comes out and rarely complete them. Sometimes one will grab me hard and I play nothing but that until I burn out (Final Fantasy XIV and Diablo 3 did this). I tend to return to games if the mood takes me.

8bit

Knows the Score
Usually not more than two games at a time, so that's infamous : First Light while I stew over a particularly tricky area of The Last of Us.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I 100%'d Call of Juarez. One time friends kept wanting to play halo and spammed XBL invites and I actually got mad they were interrupting while I was playing it. I don't know what was wrong with me.

jimbor

Banned
I am very much of the 'finish what's on your plate before getting more' school of thought. Very rarely have more than two 'proper' games on the go (puzzles and casual stuff doesn't really count). Currently I'm baws deep in XCom and FF7, good times.

Last night I was very communicative, writing loads of forum posts and whatsapp nonsense. After a little while I started to fee like I was being unproductive because I hadn't put any time into the games I was playing. And then i realised I was doing the opposite.

edit: Mikeside is the opposite of me, he's started a thousand games, actually finished about 4. I finish my games like a boss. Unless they're annoying me.

WhatsApp was great fun to read through this morning. Didn't remember the spiderman conversation at all.

Hystzen

I've slowly making my way through Xenoblade. I've been starting and stopping it so many times because I feel I have to dedicate long chunks of times to it because of its quest system. I honestly wonder if I'll bother with RPGs on consoles much after this.

I kind of hate Xenoblade it so dull and dragged out you could cut 60% game out and nobody realise. It like they shoved shit in to create a "epic" rpg

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Thanks! Happy to lead if no one objects?

And I agree, it will be easier to manage with just BritGaf

Right woman for the job.

And yes Brits only (but a separate thread will maybe suck some more Brits?). Also Irish. Irish count.

As to instruments, I don't play anything particularly well, but I do some things marginally better than incompetently: 5-string banjo, organ, recorder, clarinet ... and I've got a sax but haven't actually played it yet (fortunately for you all I gave away the pianoaccordion, the concertina, the harmonium and the bagpipe chanter, and the balalaika was seized and irreparably damaged at customs once).

Got no recording kit though - any cheap suggestions?

Meanwhile, I've been watching our latest half-ton delivery for the shop languish in a Hong Kong Fedex warehouse for a week and then suddenly zip through 5 countries in 24 hours. It reminded me of Dave Wottle's performance in the 800m in the 1972 Olympics, which - if you haven't seen it before - you really ought to watch. And he ran exactly the same way in the heats and semis as well.

Right woman for the job.

And yes Brits only (but a separate thread will maybe suck some more Brits?). Also Irish. Irish count.

As to instruments, I don't play anything particularly well, but I do some things marginally better than incompetently: 5-string banjo, organ, recorder, clarinet ... and I've got a sax but haven't actually played it yet (fortunately for you all I gave away the pianoaccordion, the concertina, the harmonium and the bagpipe chanter, and the balalaika was seized and irreparably damaged at customs once).

Got no recording kit though - any cheap suggestions?

You can probably record on your iPad, will sound just as good as some old recording equipment! Good to have you on board

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Watched The Raid...okay, first thing's first, the photography in the movie was terrible. At first, I thought it was a poorly mastered Bluray, until I looked up that it used a Panasonic camcorder. This, in particular.

Panasonic-AG-AF100.jpg

Can't really blame them due to the low budget, but thankfully, they used a much better set of digital cameras in the sequel (from Red, to be precise) so there's no doubt that once I see it, it'll be a better looker.

Right, now onto the good stuff. The action is a spectacular flurry of punches, kicks, beatdowns, spears and at one point, a chokeslam, which as you no doubt know, is the whole reason to go see the movie. The characters are pretty broad and one note, though that is to be expected of a movie of this type, so I can't really complain. And to those who previously saw the more polished Dredd, you might be a little disappointed, as both movies use the same premise (trapped in a high rise tower where the top guy that has to be brought down is on the (no surprise) top floor), so if you're going in blind, be advised. Overall, The Raid is an enjoyable enough action romp if that's all you're really expecting.

Maybe she needs to go see Elsa in regards to her hair/shoulder clipping condition.

tumblr_mxigr4adtF1rrdfajo1_500.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Rooftop-Dean-Spanley0001.jpg

comeback.jpg

I'll have a listen Ninj!

At the moment I keep listening to this Neil Young album called Le Noise. It's just him in a big room with one guitar and lots of volume. I love his guitar playing and sound.

Skele7on

Banned
Oh lord stayed up till 4am watching NFL, I really want to die this morning.

But it's Friday, I'm not in next week so roll on 5pm!!!

Also BT decided this morning to mess about with my internet connection.

I wish I could get Virgin at my flat :(....

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Got my Royal Blood tickets for Newcastle, they appear to have sold out already which doesn't surprise me since it's a pretty small venue. Still, HYYYPE.

jimbor

Banned
Absolutely hanging today. Finally found a bar close by (located at the back of an offie, you had to an through it to get in) and we made the most of it. Frenchie loved us and gave us plenty of free booze. Think one of my drinks was spiked with flouncing juice.

When is your birthday: January
Where do you live: Stoke (ello dove/duck)
Where are you from: Birmingham
What do you do: Student
What is your quest: Job/ do something me life
Favourite actor/actress: Christian Bale/Angelina Jolie
Favourite band/artist: Eminem
Favourite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favourite crisps: Lays (the red ones)
Favourite biscuit: anything with choclate
Least favourite Pokémon: Pikachu
Stalactites or stalagmites: i don't even know what this means :/
How do you cut your sandwiches: i don't

When is your birthday: January
Where do you live: Stoke (ello dove/duck)
Where are you from: Birmingham
What do you do: Student
What is your quest: Job/ do something me life
Favourite actor/actress: Christian Bale/Angelina Jolie
Favourite band/artist: Eminem
Favourite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favourite crisps: Lays (the red ones)
Favourite biscuit: anything with choclate
Least favourite Pokémon: Pikachu
Stalactites or stalagmites: i don't even know what this means :/
How do you cut your sandwiches: i don't

Welcome junior!

How are you today?

Welcome junior!

How are you today?

Thank you kind sir!
I'm great! Having a cuppa in this fine weather.

How are you?

waiting for my turn in walk in centre, it's raining outside and i hate tea

So do what are the main topics of this thread? British stuff or literally anything?

Thank you kind sir!

How are you?

So do what are the main topics of this thread? British stuff or literally anything?

I'm super, thanks for asking!

Literally anything. There may be some in jokes and we've been accused of being cliquey but hang around and contribute and you'll soon feel like a valid member of BritGaf!

Btw do you play any instruments?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thank you kind sir!

How are you?

Everything and anything. If you can think of British thinks to talk about go ahead though! Rarely comes up.

The most pressing British issue I can think of is what will happen to our flag when scotland take their ball and fuck off with it? Union Jack is the best flag.

NinjaBoiX

Welcome Ethan Hunt! Cool peeps all up in here.
Royal Blood are the new mainstream Rock band for people who buy their Rock Clothes pre ripped and film gigs on their phablets.
Yeah, but I was into them before they were cool popular successful dirty, filthy, soulless, fucking sell-out cunts, amirite?

Got my Royal Blood tickets for Newcastle, they appear to have sold out already which doesn't surprise me since it's a pretty small venue. Still, HYYYPE.

Crazy how quickly they went. Managed to get one for Glasgow though after seeing them over the summer.

Seems like they're on track for a second week at #1 as well. Massive things ahead for them.

Everything and anything. If you can think of British thinks to talk about go ahead though! Rarely comes up.

The most pressing British issue I can think of is what will happen to our flag when scotland take their ball and fuck off with it? Union Jack is the best flag.

It's pretty iconic so yeah that changing the flag will be a huge bummer. I don't even think their economy can survive after separation.
or maybe it can

Well, I'm not British born but what bugs me is that why everyone greats me/back by saying duck or dove :/

Thank you kid sir!
or madam

NinjaBoiX

Thank you kid sir!
or madam
Haha, the irony of making that distinction with me and not Musha.

(She's the First Lady of BritGAF. I'm not a lady by the way.)
I never heard of them before you did.
Yeah, I've been into them for months, but I'm not the type to disown a band I like just because they aren't "cool and underground" anymore.

I remember my mate Shieldsy loved Arctic Monkeys when I Bet You Looked Good On The Dancefloor first hit. A month later they were huge and he then apparently thought they were super lame.

E8UyM2I.png

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face innit.

It's pretty iconic so yeah that changing the flag will be a huge bummer. I don't even think their economy can survive after separation.
or maybe it can

Well, I'm not British born but what bugs me is that why everyone greats me/back by saying duck or dove :/

Thank you kid sir!
or madam

Where abouts you from then?

We've got all sorts in here. Sure lots of English, some Scottish, couple of Welsh, pretty sure some Irish too, also got some Yanks, I think shorty is some sort of Arab. Am I missing anyone?

Skele7on

Banned
Welcome Ethan, don't go spreading Scientology okay?

I also never did this :\

When is your birthday: 17th Feb
Where do you live: London
Where are you from: Wimbledon
What do you do: Infrastructure Manager
What is your quest: To transcend into greatness
Favourite actor/actress: Leonardo DiCaprio (post titanic)
Favourite band/artist: Thursday
Favourite TV show: Peep Show
Favourite crisps: Monster Munch Flamin' Hot
Favourite biscuit: crunch creams
Least favourite Pokémon: zubat
Stalactites or stalagmites: Stalactite
How do you cut your sandwiches: I don't.

I also read this yesterday, I laughed:

"If the vote for independence is successful, we will no longer be a United Kingdom: The two kingdoms, Scotland and England, will be disunited.
We can no longer legally be known as the United Kingdom, so if there is no immediate backup idea,
just like the Former Yugoslavia, we will become the Former United Kingdom—or fUK."

http://www.atelierworks.co.uk/blog/what-the-fuk.php

I also read this yesterday, I laughed:

"If the vote for independence is successful, we will no longer be a United Kingdom: The two kingdoms, Scotland and England, will be disunited.
We can no longer legally be known as the United Kingdom, so if there is no immediate backup idea,
just like the Former Yugoslavia, we will become the Former United Kingdom—or fUK."

http://www.atelierworks.co.uk/blog/what-the-fuk.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du4IoVgOJdU

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Yeah, but I was into them before they were cool popular successful dirty, filthy, soulless, fucking sell-out cunts, amirite?

You got it brah. Late to the two piece party with their polished, accessible sound. Slurping on satans cock :O

Haha, the irony of making that distinction with me and not Musha.

(She's the First Lady of BritGAF. I'm not a lady by the way.)

Woops

I won't
Not in BritGAF

Where abouts you from then?

We've got all sorts in here. Sure lots of English, some Scottish, couple of Welsh, pretty sure some Irish too, also got some Yanks, I think shorty is some sort of Arab. Am I missing anyone?
Stoke-on-Trent :)
Originally from Pakistan

Welcome Ethan :D. Always good to see a new face in here. Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy the madness that is BritGAF.

Thank you Sire, hopefully I will be a part of it!

The_Poet

Banned
You got it brah. Late to the two piece party with their polished, accessible sound. Slurping on satans cock :O

If Royal Blood are slurping Satans cock, I'm right along side with them.

They have seriously hit a sweet
g-
spot in my head. Haven't felt this way about a band's sound for a long time.

Mindwipe

Are we envisaging that you'd be able to walk into a Game (grrr...) and buy a white PS4 next week, or will you need to pre-order?

Bros with PS4s need get on Metro Redux shit is tight.

I thought Last Light was okay on PS3, only played a bit of Metro 2033 on a friend's 360 but it kept crashing. Struck me as similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R in look and feel but more linear.

I don't imagine the visual improvements are very extensive; the Metro games were already quite easy on the eye. So it's low on my list of HD re-releases to get. Sorry bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom