• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a pair of those tiny finger cymbals

FingerCymbals__80276.1405410422.1280.1280.jpg

but I don't think they feature in Do They Know It's Christmas

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's all coming together!

I've been trying to work out how it goes but whenever I try and hum it to myself I end up with I just called to say I love you in my head.

Can't play any instruments.

The black pit of sadness and despair I feel at the fact I can't join in is tempered somewhat by the fact I won't be associated with whatever musical atrocity is produced at the end.

Skele7on

Banned
This thread makes me realise how much everyone's working.
Hard day at work guys? :p

Haha, I work with IT, and it is deathly quiet at the moment *touch wood*

So as far as I'm concerned I will GAF all I please whilst back ups and updates on servers run, I could be doing some website coding, but I can't be bothered...

Nah, but I'd like to think if I was capable of playing anything drums would be it!

Drums are alright as long as you can multitask I had a nightmare when getting started but I got used to it fairly quickly, funnily enough rock band was an amazing teacher....

maybe/probably? it's a neat idea innit - has space for multiple interpretations and styles in the same song, means lots of people can throw lines in for singing (If Mush lets em), is a stupid song that we can make worse. It's speaking to me.

I'm all about the sharing dude

I'll play whatever song. Very happy not to sing :)

The big question is have we got a drummer?

That's is a big question... I know he still browses here so Qasiel?

I can bang stuff vaguely in time.

Sorry dude but we need an actual drummer. Maybe you can do tambourine?

I'll be the person that complains to anybody in ear shot that it's not as good as the original.

I'm loving the idea of you doing the Bono line actually

ha I actually drum.

Oooh nice. Do you have a drum set set up in your home?

I don't entirely understand what you guys are planning, but I want in.

You up for singing a line?

Can't play any instruments.

The black pit of sadness and despair I feel at the fact I can't join in is tempered somewhat by the fact I won't be associated with whatever musical atrocity is produced at the end.

You up for singing a line?

Can I rap a bit like Dizzie Rascal did

Of course!

Ok guys if we're serious about this I might make an official thread for it so we don't shit up this one. Thing is do we just keep it as a BritGaf thing or let any gaffer join in?

I have one in my local practice studio I always use for band practice anyway so can just record it there.

I can also play guitar and piano if required.

We have enough people interested we shouldn't need anyone to do more than one thing. Plus I think we already have at least 2 guitarists!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I hereby elect Mush as team leader :)

Personally I think CLIQUE it should be a britgaf CLIQUE thing. Just because of scale. But happy to be shouted down.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There's a world outside your window
So stop sitting around on your rear
Just trolling on a forum, hoping to see more salty tears
With quips about tips and snips
That are likely to spell your doom
So when someone else was banned thank God it wasn't you

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah yeah! Kick it!

Feast your eyes on the prize and and analyse
that we at Britgaf are all mighty and wise.
Sippin' on bucky and wearin' burberry ties
so y'all haters quit being salty like motherfuckin fries.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What are everyones gaming habits here?

I e do you start and stop loads of games or are you a completist?

I am realising that if I have too many games I actually get stressed out. I feel like I always need to just focus on one or two for a month at a time.

Like right now it's Counterspy and Diablo. Whenever I play anything else I actually get quite agitated because I've not finished what I've started.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I tend to focus on one of two (console and handheld) games at a time until I either beat or get bored.

Thus New Leaf saved me a lot of money last year.

Koriandrr

I am realising that if I have too many games I actually get stressed out. I feel like I always need to just focus on one or two for a month at a time.

Like right now it's Counterspy and Diablo. Whenever I play anything else I actually get quite agitated because I've not finished what I've started.

I will literally die if I don't click every object you can interact with in a game. I will also have a heart attack if I finish a game and don't have 100% exploration. /ocd

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I play whatever suits my mood at the time. If I've, say, just read a Batman comic, I'm likely to play something Batman-esque like Arkham City or Dishonoured.

However, some games simply grab me by the lapels and I plow all my gaming time into them exploring every facet. That's usually stuff like Max Payne, Hitman, Fallout, Souls or MGS.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I am very much of the 'finish what's on your plate before getting more' school of thought. Very rarely have more than two 'proper' games on the go (puzzles and casual stuff doesn't really count). Currently I'm baws deep in XCom and FF7, good times.

Last night I was very communicative, writing loads of forum posts and whatsapp nonsense. After a little while I started to fee like I was being unproductive because I hadn't put any time into the games I was playing. And then i realised I was doing the opposite.

edit: Mikeside is the opposite of me, he's started a thousand games, actually finished about 4. I finish my games like a boss. Unless they're annoying me.

SmokyDave

I start and stop a shitload of games. Very rarely nowadays do I stick around until the end. I'm not even sure why.

I think between my PSN, Steam and XBLA 'cards' you'll find about 800 games. You'll also find one platinum trophy and a tiny handful (3? 4?) games with 1000 achievement points.

I have a short attention span and get bored easily, especially when a game is too hard. So I tend to play whatever I feel like at the time, and I rarely complete games, only if they completely grab me like Red Dead did.

I've never 100% any game, I don't have the patience.

SKINNER!

Banned
I always aim to finish a game but never 100%. I try to get as many of the achievements/trophies on my first attempt. Rarely ever play a game 2nd or 3rd time unless I'm really bored. Once storymode is done I just move on to the multiplayer mode or another game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've slowly making my way through Xenoblade. I've been starting and stopping it so many times because I feel I have to dedicate long chunks of times to it because of its quest system. I honestly wonder if I'll bother with RPGs on consoles much after this.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The only games I remember finishing 100% lately (like every achievement etc) are Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2. I at least try to finish the main story with most games but sometimes they are just too boring or I get busy and it doesn't grab me enough to want to play.

That said I haven't played any games since the beginning of July. I think I've just given up on games for right now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know Tomb Raider is a British game but it does get annoying that any British show on tv about the history of gaming acts like she was the first female protagonist ever.

One at a time. I don't know how people juggle games. For me it's like reading books - it's no problem to read 5 books one at a time, but I could never read 5 books by reading one chapter from each in rotation. Maybe it's the type of games I like playing (ones with stories mainly), but if I stop and start playing something else I forget where I was up to and what I was doing.

NinjaBoiX

I should play some games or just sell my PS4.

I haven't played a jot in nearly 3 months, it's ridiculous.

Shit or get off the pot.

Edit: well I say "a jot" I played Destiny Alpha for about half an hour and the intro to AC4, but apart from that...

RiggyRob

I start and stop a lot, but I'm also a completist/completionist too. Right now, I'm alternating between Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade and Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Wii U, and Virtue's Last Reward, Nintendo Pocket Football Club and a Lunatic playthrough of Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS. I just like being able to pick something up that I'm in the mood for and being able to indulge my OCD/grinding side too.

My backlog is huuuuuge.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I should play some games or just sell my PS4.

I haven't played a jot in nearly 3 months, it's ridiculous.

Shit or get off the pot.

Edit: well I say "a jot" I played Destiny Alpha for about half an hour and the intro to AC4, but apart from that...

I'll give you £30 for it?

No wait, £40.

Ok ok, £20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom