• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

ended up in hospital all last night (not me, a friend with heart problems). Realized at 11pm that I had only eaten a mars bar all day.

went to mcdonalds, got a big tasty meal. sure, it was really good whilst eating it (amazing) but goddamn it was salty. all I could taste was an aftertaste of salt, even now. and 900 calories for one burger, damn

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks fella. Certainly will take that advice on board!

Have a good one, chief!

ended up in hospital all last night (not me, a friend with heart problems). Realized at 11pm that I had only eaten a mars bar all day.

went to mcdonalds, got a big tasty meal. sure, it was really good whilst eating it (amazing) but goddamn it was salty. all I could taste was an aftertaste of salt, even now. and 900 calories for one burger, damn

About half hour after finishing a McDonald's it feels like I've eaten a cannonball made of shit and usually exits just as noisily.

Morning all. Pretty horrible night's sleep but that was almost expected - I'm getting married today! :D

Congratulations! I hope it's a fantastic day! If you're off on your honeymoon too then have a wonderful time!

Have you practised your first dance or are you just a cool mover anyway?

theaface

Congratulations! I hope it's a fantastic day! If you're off on your honeymoon too then have a wonderful time!

Have you practised your first dance or are you just a cool mover anyway?

We had a quick shuffle, but we'll mostly just wing it! We've gone for something a little bit different in Huey Lewis's 'Stuck With You'.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So tomorrow's the mini London meet for Jed's gig.

Also feel well tired today. Some anti social crooked cranberries decided to best thing to do was have a party from midnight to 6am. The hell? Do they not know how the rest of the world operates when it comes to sleeping?

If I ever find out who it is...

NinjaBoiX

Congrats aface! I hope you guys have an awesome day.
So tomorrow's the mini London meet for Jed's gig.

Also feel well tired today. Some anti social crooked cranberries decided to best thing to do was have a party from midnight to 6am. The hell? Do they not know how the rest of the world operates when it comes to sleeping?

If I ever find out who it is...
Ear plugs breh, they'll change your life.

My sleep pattern gets so fucked on a weekend. I hate wasting a day, so even when I don't get to bed until like 6am (every Saturday and Sunday morning), I'm still usually up a few hours later. By Wednesday I'm usually caught up and back into a good 7-8 hours a night, then it's all out of the window again on the Friday!

Eilidh just roped me in for Wednesday and Thursday nights too, at the same time as me doing Tuesday nights at Albert Hall. I might just knock all that shit on the head and just do Saturday nights at Mint from October onwards though. It's the best night for staff, music and tips (I usually earn around £20-30 in tips on a Saturday, all the best people are working and the music is quality), so it would suit me down to the ground. Fuck working every day and night but Sunday and Monday!

Plus I'll be back on a proper sparky wage by then so I won't really need the money. It'll just be for the craic innit.

NinjaBoiX

Coreda very kindly just PMed me with a new avatar, purely because he wanted to. What a nice guy!

Did a few different versions, lol at this one:

ninjaboix-cosmo-transzwrkc.png

How shallow does he thing I am? :p

BGBW, he name checked you saying he made it so her dress changes shade on dark theme, thusly:

ninjaboix-cosmo-transqwoy3.png

Apparently the last one was very "smug", but I like that. Will still rock this one for a while because she looks fly.

Edit: Ha, her dress is green on mobile GAF with the green bar on your own posts. Pretty cool!

jimbor

Banned
Umm-ing and ahh-ing over whether to get the Destiny with the season pass bollocks or not digitally. Not really playing games much at the mo but winter is coming up...

Buying credit online it'll end up costing me about £71 but have Vegas coming up soon too. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: Just seen the free upgrade thing. If I buy on PS3 it'll cost about £66 for the digital guardian edition.

8bit

Knows the Score
Umm-ing and ahh-ing over whether to get the Destiny with the season pass bollocks or not digitally. Not really playing games much at the mo but winter is coming up...

Buying credit online it'll end up costing me about £71 but have Vegas coming up soon too. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: Just seen the free upgrade thing. If I buy on PS3 it'll cost about £66 for the digital guardian edition.

If you're buying digital it's worth going through the rigmarole of setting up a US PSN account. The Digital Guardian version is 55 quid on PS4.

jimbor

Banned
If you're buying digital it's worth going through the rigmarole of setting up a US PSN account. The Digital Guardian version is 55 quid on PS4.

Too much of a lazy cunt to do that, plus pretty sure something will happen in the future to fuck that up and I'll lose my games.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Google was no help, but after ringing around enough I found that Stratford had some. Looks like I'm on the PS4 bandwagon.

Hurrah! :)

--

So...I might cross-post this on the Diablo 3 OT but I'm not sure whether it'll be seen as trolling.

I managed to level up a character to level 70 today. I've been playing the endgame ("rifting") and started a new "Hardcore" game. I generally hover around the Master and Torment difficulty levels and it's been a very strange experience.

I won't deny that I've enjoyed parts of it, and there's nice visual feedback when you go storming into mobs of enemies and use your arsenal to make them all disintegrate, but it's a bit...erm...mindless, isn't it?

The game seems to put me in a semi-hypnotic state. It's just this strange never-ending cycle of killing and loot and killing and loot, but the combat isn't really that deep, and even turning the difficulty up just makes enemies do more damage / take more damage - their AI doesn't get any better (they don't really have any to begin with). It's just a game about having higher numbers than the enemy, and sinking time into it to get more and more items that have higher numbers. It's really strange. I've been fairly hooked on it, and probably still am, but I'm not sure I'd say I've enjoyed it. it's probably best played as a remote play game while you listen to / watch something else a bit more interesting. And the voice acting / story...oh dear. It was dreadful, despite the megabudget CG cutscenes. I feel kind of hollow after giving up a couple of weeks to it.

Hrmph. What a weird game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's modern Blizzard in a nutshell, sploatee. Hypnotic, mindless, never-ending grind that you somehow find yourself continuing to play and you don't know why. The most jarring parts are, as you mentioned, the god-awful writing and voice acting. If Blizzard had a crossover game to end all games, Chris Metzen's ego would be the real end boss of the Starcraft/Diablo/Warcraft series.

Reknoc

Hurrah! :)

--

So...I might cross-post this on the Diablo 3 OT but I'm not sure whether it'll be seen as trolling.

I managed to level up a character to level 70 today. I've been playing the endgame ("rifting") and started a new "Hardcore" game. I generally hover around the Master and Torment difficulty levels and it's been a very strange experience.

I won't deny that I've enjoyed parts of it, and there's nice visual feedback when you go storming into mobs of enemies and use your arsenal to make them all disintegrate, but it's a bit...erm...mindless, isn't it?

The game seems to put me in a semi-hypnotic state. It's just this strange never-ending cycle of killing and loot and killing and loot, but the combat isn't really that deep, and even turning the difficulty up just makes enemies do more damage / take more damage - their AI doesn't get any better (they don't really have any to begin with). It's just a game about having higher numbers than the enemy, and sinking time into it to get more and more items that have higher numbers. It's really strange. I've been fairly hooked on it, and probably still am, but I'm not sure I'd say I've enjoyed it. it's probably best played as a remote play game while you listen to / watch something else a bit more interesting. And the voice acting / story...oh dear. It was dreadful, despite the megabudget CG cutscenes. I feel kind of hollow after giving up a couple of weeks to it.

Hrmph. What a weird game.

Welcome to Diablo 3. It is basically a loot game distilled into its most basic form, click stuff until they die and get bigger numbers and journey down the path to get the biggest of numbers. That said though, it's a great game when you just want to turn of, and watch big numbers happen while listening to a podcast. I've been playing it while listening to old Adam & Joe radio 6 episodes. You're right about the story though, its fucking garbage and the best thing to happen to the game was adventure mode so I never had to skip through that crap again.

until season mode was added and I quickly ran through it as a monk.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's modern Blizzard in a nutshell, sploatee. Hypnotic, mindless, never-ending grind that you somehow find yourself continuing to play and you don't know why. The most jarring parts are, as you mentioned, the god-awful writing and voice acting. If Blizzard had a crossover game to end all games, Chris Metzen's ego would be the real end boss of the Starcraft/Diablo/Warcraft series.

Yup.... And I went back to it. Eesh. Evil.

Welcome to Diablo 3. It is basically a loot game distilled into its most basic form, click stuff untiyl they die and get bigger numbers and journey down the path to get the biggest of numbers. That said though, it's a great game when you just want to turn of, and watch big numbers happen while listening to a podcast. I've been playing it while listening to old Adam & Joe radio 6 episodes. You're right about the story though, its fucking garbage and the best thing to happen to the game was adventure mode so I never had to skip through that crap again.

until season mode was added and I quickly ran through it as a monk.

Yeah, I agree. I've been playing while watching Made in Chelsea. And the adventure mode is way better than the main game. It works perfectly to play for short sessions.

i've got a £44 CEX voucher, and the local guy says it's gonna be a while before they get destiny in stock
3 weeks :(

I do all my gaming shopping at CEX. My system is that I basically own one game at a time, always trading it in against the next one. It's a good system, keeps things cheap, but it kinda sucks always being a few months behind on games.

Diablo 3 did seem like "chasing the dragon" from South Park where you're playing this never ending numbers game where you get great loot that makes you absurdly powerful for a few levels then the enemies get harder and you need better loot and so on and so on as you climb the difficulty levels.

The actual minute to minute gameplay can be pretty fun but I found the whole endless circuit thing a bit too much. Like, if the enemies take several hundred more damage to kill on higher difficulties, you can dish out several hundred more damage because of your high level loot, then the game ends up playing identically to standard difficulties albeit you have the excitement of finding rare and legendary loot.

Big place with not much shop wise in it

It was much better when it had the village store area at one end rather than John Lewis. I used to love going into Games Workshop there.

Saw Before I Go To Sleep earlier. Pretty good thriller, one of those watch once for the twists, watch again for the clues you missed type of film.

So today I stole 6music's cellotape saying "6music - Do Not Remove" and took it to Radio 1 because it seemed like a fun idea.

As you do.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That probably would explain the sounds of dying screams I heard when I tuned into 6music a few moments ago.

Skele7on

Banned
People in the Royal Blood thread keep saying they sound like Muse

I'm going insane

Is that thread full of deaf people who have never actually heard Muse or Royal Blood?

Less than a day and Destiny will be here guys....

I am so super excited, although I hate the fact I'm going to a Game midnight launch.

Please don't be busy.... I just wanna get my game, not talk to anyone and fuck off home.

jimbor

Banned
Royal Blood are the new mainstream Rock band for people who buy their Rock Clothes pre ripped and film gigs on their phablets.
Nail on the fucking head. Radio friendly unit shifter personified.

Bought ps3 destiny digitally, left it downloading and am now on the plane to Greece. Forgot to leave the ps4 on standby add I could've downloaded it to the too :(

Oh well.

NinjaBoiX

People in the Royal Blood thread keep saying they sound like Muse

I'm going insane

Is that thread full of deaf people who have never actually heard Muse or Royal Blood?
To be fair I can totally see their point, and I hate Muse (in the main, some of Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry was OK).

Out of the Black totally sounds like an early Muse track, not sure how anyone couldn't see that tbh!
You say that like it's a bad thing, but don't you love CHVRCHES? They're hardly genre-defining pioneers pushing the musical boundaries dude.

Also, Jed was into them a few months ago when they were cool and underground. It must expend a lot of energy being so jaded.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Royal Blood are the new mainstream Rock band for people who buy their Rock Clothes pre ripped and film gigs on their phablets.

Haha! 10/10.

Also, Jed was into them a few months ago when they were cool and underground. It must expend a lot of energy being so jaded.

Fabulous comeback! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Excellent reference.

NinjaBoiX

First year intake at the student village today, this is both good and bad news!
Fabulous comeback! Can't wait to see how this turns out!
It wasn't intended as a comeback, merely an observation.

I don't disagree with his appraisal, in fact I think it was bang on point to be fair! I just found it amusing given his previous appreciation before they "sold out" or whatever.

Skele7on

Banned
To be fair I can totally see their point, and I hate Muse (in the main, some of Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry was OK).

Out of the Black totally sounds like an early Muse track, not sure how anyone couldn't see that tbh! .

I just don't want to see it... I really dislike Muse too!

This morning I have been woken up to loud as hell music from downstairs and chainsaws.

I feel like I'm in a texas chainsaw sequel...

It's also driving the kittens insane...

Staying up till 4am for NFL, not a good idea.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't intended as a comeback, merely an observation.

I don't disagree with his appraisal, in fact I think it was bang on point to be fair! I just found it amusing given his previous appreciation before they "sold out" or whatever.

Bloody hipsters, eh? ;)

Although he makes a spot on observation, I still think 'Come On Over' (is that what it's called) is a tasty track. It's nice to have a decent rock song clogging up the radio again.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Morning all! Neil Young has the best electric guitar sound ever. I'm going to put the word FACT here to make it true.

Less than a day and Destiny will be here guys....

I am so super excited, although I hate the fact I'm going to a Game midnight launch.

Please don't be busy.... I just wanna get my game, not talk to anyone and fuck off home.

Going back to this Diablo talk - part of the reason I'm excited for Destiny is that it has all of those customisation / levelling options (and mountains of loot) but the gameplay itself (at least from the alpha and beta) has a bit more depth to it. The story also appeals to me quite a lot. Amazon should be delivering my version tomorrow!

NinjaBoiX

I just don't want to see it... I really dislike Muse too!
The main thing I dislike about them is the overblown theatrics of Bellamy's vocal. He's actually quite adept technically but the tremolo is crazy, it sounds like someone is shaking him as he sings.
Bloody hipsters, eh? ;)

Although he makes a spot on observation, I still think 'Come On Over' (is that what it's called) is a tasty track. It's nice to have a decent rock song clogging up the radio again.
That's exactly it, they're just kind of a meat and potatoes rock band; not particularly adventurous or exciting in terms of ideas, but pretty satisfying all the same.

Reknoc

with the biggest gaming release of this year of course i had to take a week and a bit off for... thats right

hyrule warriors.

actually its just being stupidly fucking busy and I needed some time to recharge and decided to time it with hyrule warriors so I felt like I had something to do during the week (cue playing it for like a day and wasting the rest of the time off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom