• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sod the Hobbit Vashetti. The Cornerhouse is showing 2001 on screen 1 this weekend!

Edit: and I just got a ticket woo! I'm liking this 'me and Emma hang out and then go and see separate films and then hang out again' thing. No Penguins of Madagascar for me!!

The_Poet

Banned
Going to see Ross Noble on the weekend for my cousins birthday, haven't seen any of his stuff in a long time, so unsure of what to expect.

This also means I wont be at the meet, why cant you guys organize it around me and my schedule? Is that too much to ask?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
i wish google voice typing wpuld use punctuation and capitalise letters that require it
So you're saying you're the Charlie Day of Brit GAF? Are you illiterate too? LOL!
i'm not sure, i guess you'd have to ask everyone else, i'm not illiterate however i definitely did and still do make some seriously questionable decisions.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Going to see Ross Noble on the weekend for my cousins birthday, haven't seen any of his stuff in a long time, so unsure of what to expect.

This also means I wont be at the meet, why cant you guys organize it around me and my schedule? Is that too much to ask?

I think you should all come to Manchester. Because I'm there &c.

I've spotted some "ect" usage over on gaming side today. I don't like it. It's et cetera. I blame American illiteracy. And yes, it's very important.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Sod the Hobbit Vashetti. The Cornerhouse is showing 2001 on screen 1 this weekend!

Edit: and I just got a ticket woo! I'm liking this 'me and Emma hang out and then go and see separate films and then hang out again' thing. No Penguins of Madagascar for me!!

You made the right choice.

Skele7on

Banned
B3yBPmlIcAAHVac.jpg:large

Dying.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Clearly they should be forced to watch The King and I

Or Marley and I.

You made the right choice.

I know, right! Excited!!

I saw his book "A Journey" in a book shop on the way to work this morning, and he has a similar "I'm going to deck you" look on that too:

The-cover-of-Tony-Blairs--002.jpg

Why so angry Tony?

"LOOK! MY DEVOUT FAITH WHICH I KEPT HIDDEN DID NOT AFFECT MY WORLDVIEW WHEN SUPPORTING JOERG W BLUSH ON THE NEW CRUSADE AHEM UMM I MEAN ERM I'LL HAVE YOU ! I WAS MICHAELMAS JCR BOXING CHAMP !!"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's time for another Good Idea Bad Idea

Good Idea:
Asking which side would be victorious if an army of Monsters in my Pocket fought against an army of Mini Boglins in BritGAF.

Bad Idea:
Talking politics in BritGAF

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Good Idea:
Asking which side would be victorious if an army of Monsters in my Pocket fought against an army of Mini Boglins in BritGAF.

Bad Idea:

No way! I want to hear a defence of Blair! He's not just a cartoon villain. I'm sure he did some things right (from what I know he made some good choices regarding Northern Ireland, Sierra Leone and Bosnia-Herzegovina).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well he visited my primary school and shook my hand when he was first elected. Then it all went downhill for him.

SKINNER!

Banned

I think you're in the wrong thread mate. This isn't UK/ROI gaf.

EDIT: 2 more days to go until new Bond 007 movie announcement. aww yess! Who's your favourite Bond baddie and why?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

EDIT: 2 more days to go until new Bond 007 movie announcement. aww yess! Who's your favourite Bond baddie and why?

Mr Big from Live and Let Die. I love when he blows up at the end.

Or actually that voodoo guy from Live and Let Die.

Le Chiffre

Looks like an ultra super villain, but he just wants to play the stock exchange by profiting from terrorist atrocities. Understandable. Also really quite fallible character. played by Mads Mikkelson, one of two actors who give me doubts.

I saw his book "A Journey" in a book shop on the way to work this morning, and he has a similar "I'm going to deck you" look on that too:

The-cover-of-Tony-Blairs--002.jpg

Why so angry Tony?

He doesn't get much sleep these days, plagued by concern for his hideous offspring, New Labour. Sometimes he just lays there wide awake on his mound of skulls, wondering where things went wrong.

8bit

Knows the Score
There is a UK politics thread already if you're wanting to talk about such things.

My favourite Bond villain is Kim Dotcom when he finally gets pissed off at every one.

Mr Big from Live and Let Die. I love when he blows up at the end.

Or actually that voodoo guy from Live and Let Die.

Baron Samedi?

I can't really remember the film, but I remember him being the best multiplayer character in Goldeneye 64.

My pick goes to whoever Christopher Walken was, in whatever Bond film that was.

My girlfriend got so drunk last night - by half 8 in the evening - that I had to go find her at London Bridge station (which is roughly the size of Birmingham) and then walk her back to mine, during which she tried to frighten cyclists off their bikes in Tower Bridge by pretending to be a velociraptor.

Stuart444

My girlfriend got so drunk last night - by half 8 in the evening - that I had to go find her at London Bridge station (which is roughly the size of Birmingham) and then walk her back to mine, during which she tried to frighten cyclists off their bikes in Tower Bridge by pretending to be a velociraptor.

I have the funniest imagery in my head now.

SmokyDave

Good Idea:

Bad Idea:

Mini Boglins, easily. I have no better reason than 'because they were cooler'.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Velociraptor girlfriend is definitely a winner. Bonus points if she kept it going when you hit the sheets.

Your edit reminded me of this song by Lil' Dicky, wherein the second verse he talks about how he turned off the Departed for a movie 'bout a bee. That's true love right there.

banofypie

Banned
ShopTo still haven't delivered my copy of Smash Wii U. It has been 6 days since it dispatched and if it isn't here tomorrow I'm going to have a good yell at a customer service rep.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I spend long deliberating whether to get the standalone of the adaptor pack and chose stand alone. Looks like I made the right choice. My Pro Controller should have arrived today too.

I would have gone for the adapter if I had Smash playing friends.

Reknoc

When Smash came out for the 3DS I passed on it because I wanted to wait for the Wii U version but now that's here I still don't really want Smash. Might just wait and see, want the adapter as well.

banofypie

Banned
I get bursts of anger every now and then and I end up destroying things. I'm really worried it's going to happen again over this. I'm about at the end of my tether with this fucking company. They better suck my dick and wipe it dry if they keep insisting that it's been posted, only to then tell me that it actually hasn't.

Suck it. And wipe it. Fucking. Dry.

Son Of D

ShopTo still haven't delivered my copy of Smash Wii U. It has been 6 days since it dispatched and if it isn't here tomorrow I'm going to have a good yell at a customer service rep.
Seriously? I knew some retailers were having issues. Did you pre-order it as the bundle was available? I pre-ordered a couple of days after and got it day 1 somehow.

Symphonia

Banned
Only done business with ShopTo three times, and 2/3 times they were fine. The third arrived two days late, though I was 'guaranteed' I'd have it on launch day. Fuckers.

banofypie

Banned
Seriously? I knew some retailers were having issues. Did you pre-order it as the bundle was available? I pre-ordered a couple of days after and got it day 1 somehow.

Ordered it the hour the bundle was put up. Preordered for over a month and they still fucked it up.

She was, alas, not a velociraptor in the sheets - I took her upstairs and sat her on my bed, so that I could turn the oven on and have the nutritious dinner of southern fried chicken burgers and hash browns that I had planned before she phoned. I shove the oven on, set my alarm and when I got upstairs she's asleep lying sidways on the bed with her shirt off but everything else on, including her bootys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom