• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tash, Cy and Kent posting again, some funny newbies, BritGaf is definitely getting better the last couple of days!

I thought it was freezing last night and this morning. I went to sleep in my onesie I was so cold.

I'm off to Glasgow this evening till Thursday, I'm guessing it's going to be like the North Pole up there by now? Should've brought a scarf and hat :(

SmokyDave

Had the kid measured yesterday. She's 2'4". For some reason I'm absurdly proud of this, as though we'd worked for it.

They reckon you reach half your adult height by the time you're two years old. She's got 15 and a half months to go. Amazon.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
How you finding DS, Sploatee?

MGS3 still holds up graphically, even on PS2. He'll, MGS2 does too. Plus, the level of detail in those games is utterly staggering.

I'm a fanboy, mind. XD

It's too soon to say yet - I'm only about half an hour in and don't feel like I know what the game is trying to do yet. I'm also pretty spoiler-free for it. All I know is that its smartly put together (by actual standards, not just video game standards), it's atmospheric and it's unforgiving. Oh and to expect some bosses that will be very, very difficult. Am I crazy if I don't use a wiki or is it necessary?

First impressions are good though.

And Phill Niblock seems interesting. The piece I listened to felt very psychoacoustic - a bit like binaural beats and manipulating brain waves. That kind of thing!

Oh and on MGS - MGS2 is on very special list of games that are made for people who like subtext more than text. Which is my way of saying I liked it a lot - especially the final third.

Symphonia

Banned
For fuck's sake Cy, it was just a simple compliment mane! It implies an irresistible, perhaps indefinable attraction, I don't think she was intending to suggest you're attempting mind control.

As usual, you just need to chill out. Stop over thinking every little thing.
Intoxicating is supposed to be a compliment? It sounds so horrible, though. I'm not a drink that makes people do crazy shit, I'm just me. I can't help it if a girl can't stop thinking about me. I'm relieved it's a positive word, just confused that something so good sounds so wrong.

Mush, I agree, it's good to see BritGAF active again. The new wave of newbies are great, too, and a welcome change of pace.

NinjaBoiX

Dark Souls - good core combat mechanics, wonderful artwork and interesting environments, but it's fundamentally flawed due to cheating AI, hideous clipping and collision detection problems, pointlessly opaque tutorials (especially bearing in mind it's complex mechanics) and it's insistence on having you trek for miles over and over when you die. Couldn't be arsed with it in the end.

This basically sums up my experience:

Dark Souls - Honest Trailer

Reknoc

I don't think I could be more disappointed than I am now eating this bag of "confused" skittles. I just wanted a regular bag of skittles but tesco's were out and I thought these were just, like, that but the colours were different so it was wacky but instead they're just disgusting different flavours

everything is shit

I don't know what's worse, being called intoxicating or being compared to Brown. I had no idea I have this effect on girls. I know I put on the charm with them now and then, but getting into their mind and all but controlling them? Fuck that. This has really put a dent in my self-esteem. How do I not be myself?

Could be worse, you could be like Dan Brown!

8bit

Knows the Score
More elearning today, apparently it's OK to come to work on rollerblades but not to come to work on rollerblades while drunk.

I'm sick of being called intoxicating all the time.

Hey Cy, this is a bit of a turnaround from where you were at in the beginning of the year! Now we've cleared up what intoxicating means and that it's a good thing, go you! If I remember correctly you weren't doing too well on the lady front last time, but now you have women totally enamoured with you! Whatever you've been doing the last 8 months it's clearly working for you :)

8bit

Knows the Score
I don't think it's allowed. The photo of an office desk with monitor, mouse, keyboard and bottle of wine made me laugh though.

Surprisingly bright out today. It's been a bit dull the past few days so it's nice to see :).

Only problem I have when it's bright out is I have to wear sunglasses - winter sun tends to blind me a bit more than even summer sun :/

Symphonia

Banned
Hey Cy, this is a bit of a turnaround from where you were at in the beginning of the year! Now we've cleared up what intoxicating means and that it's a good thing, go you! If I remember correctly you weren't doing too well on the lady front last time, but now you have women totally enamoured with you! Whatever you've been doing the last 8 months it's clearly working for you :)
That's exactly what I've been doing. I took time away to find myself, to improve myself, better my value of life. My confidence has improved ten fold. My life has been turned downside up.

That's exactly what I've been doing. I took time away to find myself, to improve myself, better my value of life. My confidence has improved ten fold. My life has been turned downside up.

Aww I'm really pleased to hear that Cy. Good for you. Now you just need to get a dictionary ;P

I don't think it's allowed. The photo of an office desk with monitor, mouse, keyboard and bottle of wine made me laugh though.

A photo that sounds like it could have been taken in my office. Mainly as on the other side of the room, there is a desk just like that. The wine bottle's been there all year. It's got a cheap "Merry Christmas from (Company)" large sticker covering the label.

Surprisingly bright out today. It's been a bit dull the past few days so it's nice to see :).

Only problem I have when it's bright out is I have to wear sunglasses - winter sun tends to blind me a bit more than even summer sun :/

But on the plus side, you get to look super cool in winter LOL!

Out of interest, how do you practically go about doing this? For real. It's something I hear about all the time, "I need to work on myself" but I don't know what that means at all, it all seems so vague to me. If you could give three tips for how to improve myself, what would they be?

8bit

Knows the Score
daf069c6ddf84d85f7f2236198fd78f5.jpg

Symphonia

Banned
Out of interest, how do you practically go about doing this? For real. It's something I hear about all the time, "I need to work on myself" but I don't know what that means at all, it all seems so vague to me. If you could give three tips for how to improve myself, what would they be?
1. Cut out all negativity.
2. Learn to love your flaws.
3. Size doesn't matter.

Seriously, finding yourself takes time, but the journey is worth it.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Just had a group lab assessment and I'm the only fuck that turned up so I had to do it solo,I got really shit results in the experiment but made up for it with my conclusion and somehow my graph turned out okay. Hope I get I keep a few marks as it was impractical doing it on my own with poor vision.. She seemed happy with my calculations and with all the inaccuracies due to factors that weren't equated due to practicality of the experiment

Why would someone call you intoxicating? Are you sure you weren't just legless and they said intoxicated? LOL!

Tashbrooke! Have you succeeded at life yet?

I did all mine last Friday, but I only have two people to buy for so it's OK.
I feel really rude but I don't know or have forgotten who you are D:

But yeah I seem to be doing good at life right now

Harmful to the body.
Sounds like a pretty piss poor insult, I'd just call you a cunt
Claimed.

3. Size doesn't matter.

Ahh interesting. Love my flaws.. that might take some time LOL!

I feel really rude but I don't know or have forgotten who you are D:

But yeah I seem to be doing good at life right now

I'm new, but you're internet famous man! The boy that Brit GAF made a man.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Roundabout you're my favourite new poster. You're a really great mix of creepy stalker and happy happy joy joy. My kind of person!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I assure you, my stalking is entirely platonic! LOL

I just know things.

PS I think your avatar is the best thing ever

What does your file say about me ?

I like having attention and feel a bit starved at the moment since my last stalker resigned in a pay dispute.

Oh and thanks. It sums up my outlook on life.

What does your file say about me ?

I like having attention and feel a bit starved at the moment since my last stalker resigned in a pay dispute.

It says "very nice lady with some alternative lifestyle choices. Surveillance reports she worries too much. Ninja skills at video games" LOL

Skele7on

Banned
Haven't posted here in a while, What's up all?

How's everyone dealing with Christmas, my journey into work and lunch breaks have become a bloody nightmare just so crowded everywhere, all I want is some food!

Work is hilarious at the moment, we're down to two people in IT so I am doing both my role in infrastructure, but also doing the job of a desktop support person,
good lord I don't miss doing that as people are literally so rude, yesterday I had HR come up to me as I told a guy I was working on server issues and would sort out his PC once the server was stable
( it was one of our web servers and if it had gone, we'd had lost a bunch of money)
So he ran and told mummy HR on me, I just laughed, explained the situation and now every time he comes to me, I just say, "If I don't will you tell mummy on me?"

Just need to make it through Christmas and January get my bonus and then it's off to a new job.

Reknoc

Just found a box of gobstoppers in my desk draw. Despite my previous skittles related disappointment life is in fact fantastic.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
3. Size doesn't matter.

When does you do this yourself babe?

Also is size about cock size or being big, I need to know for reasons

This is concerning, very concerning.

I've been wrestling with changing my username to brick guys, but now I cant because I just realised that there is already somebody called brick

Symphonia

Banned
LOL :D

I've been reading these threads a while, I know all about your shenanigans, it was a good time to be reading the thread! The thing about the nigerian scammer was the best IIRC. But Cyanide 2.0 seems very friendly =^.^=
Oh, for fuck sake, the Nigerian scammer. Urgh.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's too soon to say yet - I'm only about half an hour in and don't feel like I know what the game is trying to do yet. I'm also pretty spoiler-free for it. All I know is that its smartly put together (by actual standards, not just video game standards), it's atmospheric and it's unforgiving. Oh and to expect some bosses that will be very, very difficult. Am I crazy if I don't use a wiki or is it necessary?

First impressions are good though.

It's gonna remain a mystery for a while. Just remember to be cautious and to read all the item descriptions.

And Phill Niblock seems interesting. The piece I listened to felt very psychoacoustic - a bit like binaural beats and manipulating brain waves. That kind of thing!

He's pretty far out (man). I've not heard the vid my mate suggested though.

Oh and on MGS - MGS2 is on very special list of games that are made for people who like subtext more than text. Which is my way of saying I liked it a lot - especially the final third.

Hell yeah.

Dark Souls - good core combat mechanics, wonderful artwork and interesting environments, but it's fundamentally flawed due to cheating AI, hideous clipping problems, pointlessly opaque tutorials (especially bearing in mind it's complex mechanics) and it's insistence on having you trek for miles over and over when you die. Couldn't be arsed with it in the end.

This basically sums up my experience:

Dark Souls - Honest Trailer

Shutyermoaf, you! I was there, you loved it for the most part!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It says "very nice lady with some alternative lifestyle choices. Surveillance reports she worries too much. Ninja skills at video games" LOL

Aww! I'll take that!

But it's not ninja skills. It's just that when I like a game I like to play it over and over and over until I can really master it and understand what the makers were going for. I just like difficult games!

but yeah. Top 20 in the world at Sine Mora and top 30 at TxK! used to be top 50 at Espgaluda 2 but it's been a while. But I can't climb up the Resogun scoreboard. My skills failed me.

Volotaire

NinjaBoiX

Oh yeah, Cy's Nigerian eBay iPhone caper...

ZV3CfXs.gif
Shutyermoaf, you! I was there, you loved it for the most part!
I did love it for the most part, I've got to admit! But in the same way a battered housewife loves her abusive husband, unconditional love in spite of the obvious flaws. I just got slapped in the face and told "you're not good enough!" one too many times!

I packed my bags and never looked back.

Edit: loving the Bonobo appreciation. His music is so relaxing and beautiful. Check out Animal Magic too if you dig The North Borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom