• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
No need to be bitter guys, just grow some hair in your private place or whatever Mr.Mikeside said. Banning is just moderation's way of exchanging playful banter with users.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's deep. :D

There's hours of stuff there. Can't wait to listen myself.

Yup! You know the Boredoms, right? How good are the Boredoms!?!?!

Also, congrats on the laptop.

Can I get some congrats on my 360?! It feels unloved. I have a 360! To y'all it's old and yeah yeah yeah. To me, it's like whoa. All of these games from last gen I never played1!! one one!

I'm back!

I was put through a mandatory re-education program which has changed all of my opinions to more closely align with the blogosphere. That is to say they are wild, unfounded and defy all logic.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

WELCOME BACK, COMRADE.

Man, hospital was a pain. Having to wait about 6 hours to see if your heart was okay (turns out it was) and in the meantime, I was sitting on the most uncomfortable seats with only The Mirror to read.

Glad you are OK.

FFS I have Dark Souls. AT LAST!

Symphonia

Banned
Lawlz, the newbies are cracking me up. They're so excited about being able to NeoGAF, its kinda sickly sweet. They remind me of children let loose in a sweet shop. They're happy to be there, they love the place, but there's just so much to enjoy, they don't know where to begin.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Lawlz, the newbies are cracking me up. They're so excited about being able to NeoGAF, its kinda sickly sweet. They remind me of children let loose in a sweet shop. They're happy to be there, they love the place, but there's just so much to enjoy, they don't know where to begin.

Where's my congrats on my 360 and Dark Souls?!?!?!??

FFS.

Also yes. I like these newbies. I hope they stay and help us stink up the thread.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yup! You know the Boredoms, right? How good are the Boredoms!?!?!

Also, congrats on the laptop.

Can I get some congrats on my 360?! It feels unloved. I have a 360! To y'all it's old and yeah yeah yeah. To me, it's like whoa. All of these games from last gen I never played1!! one one!

Love love love love loooove The Boredoms. One of my all time favourites.

Thanks.

Congrats on the 360! Woot! Woot!

If you need a DS buddy, I'm your go to schmuk. :)

8bit

Knows the Score
CONGRATULATINOS ON YOUR NEW 360 SPLOATEE!

I WILL REGALE WITH MY REZ ANECDOTES IN FUTURE.

They're mostly about playing videogames on acid though.

Chinner

Banned
I've been snooping through the old threads and it's pretty apparent how much Whatsapp has killed this thread. Are you guys posting more out of habbt than anything?

This thread was opened on 14th January and 11 months in we haven't reached the 20k post point for it to be closed. At the current rate for the additional 2k posts, this thread will likely be a year old by the time it's closed. Compare it to OT4 which was opened on 4th August 2013 and then was closed on 14th January 201 - That's 5 months for it to reach the 20k point. Also compare it to the Mad Stacks OT which was opened on October 17th 2012 and was closed on March 25th 2013 - similar time frame to the above thread. I can't be bothered looking through the posting history, but i'd probably wager than there were more posters as well.

Symphonia

Banned
WhatsApp has killed the flow of the BritGAF thread, but not in a bad way. There's no censorship on WhatsApp, whereas we're restricted in here by NeoGAF's regulations. I'd prefer more activity in here, if I'm honest, but the trend suggests the future is WhatsApp.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Здравствуйте!

Go play Dark Souls right now!

I expect a full report by morning.

Heeey! Welcome back, sir.

I've been snooping through the old threads and it's pretty apparent how much Whatsapp has killed this thread. Are you guys posting more out of habbt than anything?

This thread was opened on 14th January and 11 months in we haven't reached the 20k post point for it to be closed. At the current rate for the additional 2k posts, this thread will likely be a year old by the time it's closed. Compare it to OT4 which was opened on 4th August 2013 and then was closed on 14th January 201 - That's 5 months for it to reach the 20k point. Also compare it to the Mad Stacks OT which was opened on October 17th 2012 and was closed on March 25th 2013 - similar time frame to the above thread. I can't be bothered looking through the posting history, but i'd probably wager than there were more posters as well.

You've got time on your hands.

The_Poet

Banned
Heeey! Welcome back, sir.

Cheers bud!

Maths can make anything fun!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I stopped using WhatsApp as it's too hard to follow,I think I'm like stevewd40 and phisheep now because if it moves fast I can't keep up, also maybe just because I don't care about a whole bunch discussed here nowadays because I'm busy and stuff

I broke my tablet and had to use the last of my loan to replace it, bad times but my new 32gb nexus was on special offer inshore for 169 fuck yeah bitches

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Love love love love loooove The Boredoms. One of my all time favourites.

Thanks.

Congrats on the 360! Woot! Woot!

If you need a DS buddy, I'm your go to schmuk. :)

Hurrah!

Spotify only has Super Ae and Vision Creation Newsun but both are so so so good. I think if I was ever to record my messing around I'd call myself Yamataka Eye in tribute. I'm sure I read once about him attacking the audience with a chainsaw.

CONGRATULATINOS ON YOUR NEW 360 SPLOATEE!

I WILL REGALE WITH MY REZ ANECDOTES IN FUTURE.

They're mostly about playing videogames on acid though.

I like the sound of this and thanks!!

It has slowed down since WhatsApp. It's a shame. I always feel like I'm spamming way too much. Having said that, though, these last few days have been great. I can check the thread at work and read up on what everyone is saying.

Здравствуйте!

Go play Dark Souls right now!

I expect a full report by morning.

Eek! I might be able to play a bit tonight. Things to do and being a grown up and stuff!!

I stopped using WhatsApp as it's too hard to follow,I think I'm like stevewd40 and phisheep now because if it moves fast I can't keep up, also maybe just because I don't care about a whole bunch discussed here nowadays because I'm busy and stuff

I broke my tablet and had to use the last of my loan to replace it, bad times but my new 32gb nexus was on special offer inshore for 169 fuck yeah bitches

Sounds like job done! Everything ok Tash? Sounds like you're having a great time. Don't forget the study!

Symphonia

Banned
The days I've felt alone,
And the sea, it brings me back again,
So that I can see my wife,
And I can see my child,
Home, I'm home, it never changes,
Same old faces, same old places.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Sounds like job done! Everything ok Tash? Sounds like you're having a great time. Don't forget the study!
Yeah life is great right now, I'm doing all the study! You should see my revision plans for Christmas, got a few exams this week and scored high 80s and low 90s in all my exams so far! :D

Whatsapp is the shit.
Oi oi kp, how goes it mush,whatcha doing these days

Reknoc

Where's my congrats on my 360 and Dark Souls?!?!?!??

you don't deserve it :( putting radiant silvergun ahead of my amazing rec, not even deathsmiles or akai katana but a-a-a treasure shooter 。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。

Well we have this thread now, we can make it about us instead of them. Brit GAF 2.0 LOL!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah life is great right now, I'm doing all the study! You should see my revision plans for Christmas, got a few exams this week and scored high 80s and low 90s in all my exams so far! :D

Good!!! Don't let me down!

you don't deserve it :( putting radiant silvergun ahead of my amazing rec, not even deathsmiles or akai katana but a-a-a treasure shooter 。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。

Sorry! It is on the list, I promise! I'm trying to be disciplined.

So...I set up the 360 - it was pretty easy. My gamertag is sploatee but I don't have Xbox Live yet, so I'm not sure how useful having my tag will be. The UI seems really simple and easy to use with everything where it should be. I had a quick browse through the online store but it was intimidating - so many games. Being someone who basically quit gaming after Metroid Prime and didn't get a home console until the PS4 means there are just too many games to play. Which is really nice! All I have so far is Dark Souls, although I did try the free trial of Rez, which was great and is also 'on the list'.

As for Dark Souls, well...it seems good so far. I've only just gotten a shield and a scimitar and have only died once so far! It has a really nice feel to it though, and I like how it looks. We'll see.... I'm really excited about catching up on all of the games (I can already think of about 10 that I want to play, so need to rein it in a bit or I'll just end up like I have done on the Vita where I have too many games and never have anything to play. So, yeah, there you go.

Oh and edit: Bayonetta 2 on infinite climax is the best game of the year, I think. These are really great times for games! How lucky to be able to go from Dark Souls to Bayonetta 2 and play Flower on my lunch hour. Hurray for games!

Reknoc

Okay I'll allow it, there is a lot of good stuff on the 360 to catch up on. Though I wouldn't say the UI was one of them, unless it's an older update and being offline helps.

Sploatee!

My friend got back to me about the drone stuff.

Growing

My disgusting fat sausage fingers accidentally clicked that while scrolling, gave it a quick skim since its over an hour long but it seems really good especially the softer parts of the tracks.

RiggyRob

Good!!! Don't let me down!

Sorry! It is on the list, I promise! I'm trying to be disciplined.

So...I set up the 360 - it was pretty easy. My gamertag is sploatee but I don't have Xbox Live yet, so I'm not sure how useful having my tag will be. The UI seems really simple and easy to use with everything where it should be. I had a quick browse through the online store but it was intimidating - so many games. Being someone who basically quit gaming after Metroid Prime and didn't get a home console until the PS4 means there are just too many games to play. Which is really nice! All I have so far is Dark Souls, although I did try the free trial of Rez, which was great and is also 'on the list'.

As for Dark Souls, well...it seems good so far. I've only just gotten a shield and a scimitar and have only died once so far! It has a really nice feel to it though, and I like how it looks. We'll see.... I'm really excited about catching up on all of the games (I can already think of about 10 that I want to play, so need to rein it in a bit or I'll just end up like I have done on the Vita where I have too many games and never have anything to play. So, yeah, there you go.

Oh and edit: Bayonetta 2 on infinite climax is the best game of the year, I think. These are really great times for games! How lucky to be able to go from Dark Souls to Bayonetta 2 and play Flower on my lunch hour. Hurray for games!

When you've played the best game of all time, it can be hard to play others. It changes your whole world perspective.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
When you've played the best game of all time, it can be hard to play others. It changes your whole world perspective.

Of all time?!?! How can you say that?! There are so many good games.

It is really good though. I tried a few games on the GC and Metroid was the only one that stuck. I spent hours and hours trying to find everything. I love the environmental storytelling and sense of loneliness. And the boss fights were so intense and exhilarating. I still remember just beating Meta Ridley with a sliver of health left.

RiggyRob

Of all time?!?! How can you say that?! There are so many good games.

It is really good though. I tried a few games on the GC and Metroid was the only one that stuck. I spent hours and hours trying to find everything. I love the environmental storytelling and sense of loneliness. And the boss fights were so intense and exhilarating. I still remember just beating Meta Ridley with a sliver of health left.

It's mainly becaused it's balanced in all areas - when you compare it to games like Ocarina of Time or MGS3, the difference is that it actually holds up graphically over time, with all the little details like steam fogging up Samus' helmet and looking up into the rain making droplets form on your visor. Yeah the control scheme is a little weird and yeah there's a lot of backtracking, but the reasons you said are why it's the best - good environmental storytelling, a 'lonely' yet 'free' atmosphere, and thrilling boss fights.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Oi oi kp, how goes it mush,whatcha doing these days

Photographing cars at a car dealership. Should do until summer.

NinjaBoiX

Did well with the crimbo shopping online last night, got the missus and the kiddlywinks fully sorted in one fell swoop. Just my bro, Pat and Poppa Bear now.

Then to wrap them all at like 11pm on Christmas Eve like every year.
I'm sick of being called intoxicating all the time.
You can't be that sick, you've told us about like three times in the last week.

I'm sick of being called intoxicating all the time.

Why would someone call you intoxicating? Are you sure you weren't just legless and they said intoxicated? LOL!

what the fuck does this even mean

Are you drunk?
Do you make women froth at the gash?
Or is it just a really mean way of calling you a dickhead? Idfk

Sick, how's the bird?

Tashbrooke! Have you succeeded at life yet?

I finished all my Xmas shopping last night ��

And yes I noticed it's not that cold too. Good old global warming

I did all mine last Friday, but I only have two people to buy for so it's OK.

Symphonia

Banned
Harmful to the body.
That's the closest definition, although it's more mind rather than body. If I'm understanding them right, I get into their minds to the point that I'm all they can think of. Then, like alcohol or poison, they say and do things that are out of character as a result of being in their mind. It's a clever way of calling me inadvertedly manipulative and a dickhead. I mean, the fuck? I don't want to be that kind of person.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Morning all!

It's mainly becaused it's balanced in all areas - when you compare it to games like Ocarina of Time or MGS3, the difference is that it actually holds up graphically over time, with all the little details like steam fogging up Samus' helmet and looking up into the rain making droplets form on your visor. Yeah the control scheme is a little weird and yeah there's a lot of backtracking, but the reasons you said are why it's the best - good environmental storytelling, a 'lonely' yet 'free' atmosphere, and thrilling boss fights.

That makes sense. It is brilliant.

I think my favourite game is Fez. I wish I was more awake to gush over it, but there's something about the link between gameplay mechanics (rotation, perspective, codebreaking), aesthetics (the capital-A Amazing music and purposefully blocky graphics) and plot which is just in perfect harmony. I don't think I've ever played a game where everything fits together so perfectly both mechanically and on a symbolic level.

I don't know if I could say it's the best game of all time though. There's so much time yet to come and so many games I've not played. Also, people hate Phil Fish.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
How you finding DS, Sploatee?

It's mainly becaused it's balanced in all areas - when you compare it to games like Ocarina of Time or MGS3, the difference is that it actually holds up graphically over time, with all the little details...

MGS3 still holds up graphically, even on PS2. He'll, MGS2 does too. Plus, the level of detail in those games is utterly staggering.

I'm a fanboy, mind. XD

Reknoc

That's the closest definition, although it's more mind rather than body. If I'm understanding them right, I get into their minds to the point that I'm all they can think of. Then, like alcohol or poison, they say and do things that are out of character as a result of being in their mind. It's a clever way of calling me inadvertedly manipulative and a dickhead. I mean, the fuck? I don't want to be that kind of person.

So like Derran Brown.

Symphonia

Banned
So like Derran Brown.
I don't know what's worse, being called intoxicating or being compared to Brown. I had no idea I have this effect on girls. I know I put on the charm with them now and then, but getting into their mind and all but controlling them? Fuck that. This has really put a dent in my self-esteem. How do I not be myself?

Seriously? I don't think intoxicating is the right word to use as a put-down then. To me it usually means "I fancy you so much it's like I'm drunk"

Insidious or obsequious or something maybe. Psychic vampirism maybe.

I think don't take it to heart, this person has a sketchy grasp on the English language and is therefore not to be trusted LOL!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
My disgusting fat sausage fingers accidentally clicked that while scrolling, gave it a quick skim since its over an hour long but it seems really good especially the softer parts of the tracks.

Cool, I've not listened to them yet. They're all suggestions from a friend. He's quite the connoisseur of weird musics, so they should all be good (although he missed out Le Monte Young, for shame!).

The minute I have a spare 6 hours I'll be tucking in myself.

NinjaBoiX

For fuck's sake Cy, it was just a simple compliment mane! It implies an irresistible, perhaps indefinable attraction, I don't think she was intending to suggest you're attempting mind control.

As usual, you just need to chill out. Stop over thinking every little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom