• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
TxK tomorrow and you can get Hotline Miami & Spelunky for about 5 quid right now. Welcome to the family.

Yes, welcome. One of us! One of us!

Don't forget Super Stardust Delta and Sine Mora, too. And Luftrausers will be out soon. And. And. And. And. And. Etc.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Good man, a Vita is pretty much the best gaming purchase you can make right now.

Make sure you get PS+ too!

Figured the deal on Zavvi was worth it. £120 for a 3G/Wifi Vita, 16GB memory card and the kids Mega pack (10 games) sounds like a good deal to me.

NinjaBoiX

TxK tomorrow and you can get Hotline Miami & Spelunky for about 5 quid right now. Welcome to the family.
Really? I've been meaning to get Hotline Miami for ages. Will buy! (I have Spelunky on XBLA, never touched it. :/)
Yes, welcome. One of us! One of us!

Don't forget Super Stardust Delta and Sine Mora, too. And Luftrausers will be out soon. And. And. And. And. And. Etc.
Fine fine games right there. Sine Mora looks so lush, and SSD is a Housemarque schmup, nuff said.
Figured the deal on Zavvi was worth it. £120 for a 3G/Wifi Vita, 16GB memory card and the kids Mega pack (10 games) sounds like a good deal to me.
I saw an advert in GAME at the weekend:

"Get the new Vita model for just £99 when you trade in (various things, one of which was an OG Vita.)"

You mean I can downgrade to an inferior bit of hardware for just £99? What's the catch?

Edit: Hotline Miami is crossbuy right? I don't have my Vita anymore.

8bit

Knows the Score
Really? I've been meaning to get Hotline Miami for ages. Will buy!
Edit: Hotline Miami is crossbuy right? I don't have my Vita anymore.

Both Crossbuy, my pricing is a little out and maybe influenced by Playstation+ prices though :

Hotline Miami (Full Game) £2.16

Spelunky (Full Game) £4.31

8bit

Knows the Score
I've followed a bunch of you on twitter now (@stx), I got my highest score last week when Dara O'Briain retweeted me and I got 40 points.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I've attempted to twitter a few times annd it's always felt weird

I forgot how annoying the UI is, Facebook is like so much simpler, but i might stick at it this time

Their logic was probably "It looks nice" or something. Of course they don't expect stuff like what's happened in Dawlish and Cornwall to happen.

I heard that they're considering re-opening an old inland line around Dartmouth (or somewhere like that).

Call me paranoid when it comes to construction/engineering, but the mere idea seems nuts to me. Then again some of the worlds coolest architecture wouldn't exist if people took my approach!

Just ordered a Vita.

Love me Dave, love me!

What did you get with it? I can't bloody wait for mine to arrive!

Sorry. Just seen so many people spread that false myth.

Haha it's something that definitely winds people up on here!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't understand what you are meat to say, i get chatting and stuff but just posting your live journal in the hope someone will retweet you? Is that the point?
Just respond to other people. If you really don't have anything to say there's really no need to force it.

NinjaBoiX

Both Crossbuy, my pricing is a little out and maybe influenced by Playstation+ prices though :

Hotline Miami (Full Game) £2.16
Holy shit, bought! Nice one.

*stacks precariously on top of the leaning tower of backlog*
I've attempted to twitter a few times annd it's always felt weird

I forgot how annoying the UI is, Facebook is like so much simpler, but i might stick at it this time
I opened a Twitter account about a year ago, I've used it for about 5 minutes cumulatively, I find it thoroughly bewildering. Tweets seem to consist of a random collection of letters, numbers and symbols, all helpfully coloured in garish shades of blue and red.

It's such an ugly layout. I genuinely don't know how to use it properly. I get the appeal, it's about as direct as a news feed gets, but I'm surprised it's so popular with how migraine-inducing the aesthetic is.

I'll stop being a luddite and get a handle on it, I should take advantage of it more.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I originally got an account because I had one friend who kept jumping from one site to another and I had to keep in contact with him (he even changes email address every couple of months). So yeah, for a brief period I used Twitter to send DMs to him. Then he jumped ship and I basically forgot about it.

Then I found it was quite good for following BBC News. Get a brief gander at latest headlines.
Now my feed is filled with GAFers who follow me, but I don't know what they expect from me since I only tweet once in a blue moon. I suppose that does mean my tweet quality is through the roof.

Rubbish King

Just respond to other people. If you really don't have anything to say there's really no need to force it.
Can we be twitter buddies bgbw
Holy shit, bought! Nice one.

*stacks precariously on top of the leaning tower of backlog*

I opened a Twitter account about a year ago, I've used it for about 5 minutes cumulatively, I find it thoroughly bewildering. Tweets seem to consist of a random collection of letters, numbers and symbols, all helpfully coloured in garish shades of blue and red.

It's such an ugly layout. I genuinely don't know how to use it properly. I get the appeal, it's about as direct as a news feed gets, but I'm surprised it's so popular with how migraine-inducing the aesthetic is.

I'll stop being a luddite and get a handle on it, I should take advantage of it more.
I'm with you bro, I am enjoying the current party I'm having on it atm though

8bit

Knows the Score
I like twitter as a firehose of news and nonsense, don't care so much for facebook as my family et al. don't get my crappy jokes. (Not do my tweety friends, but with twitter I don't have to try and explain to my dad why I think the phrase flappy doge coin is funny.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well Twitter has the advantage of not being where my friends are (well non GAF friends) so I can post stupid jokes on it knowing my reputation will not be tarnished. In fact I just saw that last 10 years on FB video they generate for everyone and how depressing it is to see me go from social university person to social recluse. At least on Twitter everyone's a loser.

A fun thing to do is click on one of the stupid trending topics and just watch as the insanity unfolds in front of you.

Rubbish King

I like twitter as a firehose of news and nonsense, don't care so much for facebook as my family et al. don't get my crappy jokes. (Not do my tweety friends, but with twitter I don't have to try and explain to my dad why I think the phrase flappy doge coin is funny.)
I like the idea of this
Well Twitter has the advantage of not being where my friends are (well non GAF friends) so I can post stupid jokes on it knowing my reputation will not be tarnished. In fact I just saw that last 10 years on FB video they generate for everyone and how depressing it is to see me go from social university person to social recluse. At least on Twitter everyone's a loser.

A fun thing to do is click on one of the stupid trending topics and just watch as the insanity unfolds in front of you.
I'm happy to join the ranks c: let's all be losers together

Son Of D

See my family use Facebook as well, which is part of the reason I don't use it as much. There's also the fact that I can never be bothered to make statuses, play the games or whatever. Twitter's just more to the point.

Rich!

hey guys

Selling my PS4. £350 (or special GAF discount of £330). It's boxed, as new. I just haven't used the sodding thing, and my life is about to be consumed by Dark Souls II anyway.

I'm in Bournemouth. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Rubbish King

hey guys

Selling my PS4. £350 (or special GAF discount of £330). It's boxed, as new. I just haven't used the sodding thing, and my life is about to be consumed by Dark Souls II anyway.

I'll give you a guitar for it

Probably aren't going to be the greatest games but still a good deal

You kidding? Wipeout and LBP? Many hours of fun to be had there! Half tempted to buy one of those 10 game + memory card packs, I could make most of the money back from selling the card off!

First ports of call for me are Tearaway on sale next week, Hotline Miami, and TWD season 1. Demo of Toukiden too!

Son Of D

hey guys

I'll give you a phone with Flappy Bird on it.

In all seriousness, I would take you up on the offer but money issues (plus the fact that there's nothing on it that screams "Buy me now!") are stopping me.

NinjaBoiX

hey guys

You're selling your second hand PS4 for the same price I can buy a brand new one?

Yeah, good luck with that.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Ever notice how NinjaBoi's avatar resembles that one bit with Misty where she kust glances smugly to her side? I wonder if he'll change it and make us think it's the same person.

NinjaBoiX

Ever notice how NinjaBoi's avatar resembles that one bit with Misty where she kust glances smugly to her side? I wonder if he'll change it and make us think it's the same person.
Obligatory repost:

zI1Xurd.jpg

I wouldn't have a Pokemanz as an avatar though, the singer from a tweeny, emo pop punk band is more than adequate self-flagellation thanks very much!
selling?

Literally just sold it to a guy on facebook who's picking it up tomorrow before work

lol
For £350? Does he fancy you or something?

Glad you got it sold, more fool him I guess! I just assumed you'd knock a bit more off the price being pre-owned, tight arse. ;) £250-£300 and I may have bought it myself.

A bit tardy to the party but I only just got posting privileges. I guess my CRB check came back clean.

When is your birthday: 19th Feb
Where do you live: Bristol
Where are you from: Bristol
What do you do: NHS (Ambulance Service)
What is your quest: To work up the courage to post my pic in beardgaf
Favourite actor/actress: Tim Roth
Favourite band/artist: Solace, Blind Dog, YES, Pink Floyd
Favourite TV show: Wire, Shield, Nathan Barley, Archer, Workaholics
Favourite crisps: Sweet Chilli Sensations
Favourite biscuit: Oreos
Least favourite Pokémon:
Stalactites or stalagmites: Tites
How do you cut your sandwiches: 4 triangles, finger sandwiches

A bit tardy to the party but I only just got posting privileges. I guess my CRB check came back clean.

Least favourite Pokémon:

I literally love Bristol/ Bath and the South West. Am looking for any excuse to go live back that way when I can.

I literally love Bristol/ Bath and the South West. Am looking for any excuse to go live back that way when I can.

I just moved back here after living in Amsterdam for a few years. Would do literally anything to go back there. But if I have to be in the UK again, I guess it isn't a bad place to be. I'd rather be further south though, Devon/Cornwall coast would be nice.

Son Of D

Least favourite Pokémon:

Never too late to the BritGAF party. Welcome new person, may your time here be superb.

I just moved back here after living in Amsterdam for a few years. Would do literally anything to go back there. But if I have to be in the UK again, I guess it isn't a bad place to be. I'd rather be further south though, Devon/Cornwall coast would be nice.

If you ever come by Dawlish, say hi to me. It's quite lonely down here.

f0rk

For £350? Does he fancy you or something?

Glad you got it sold, more fool him I guess! I just assumed you'd knock a bit more off the price being pre-owned, tight arse. ;) £250-£300 and I may have bought it myself.

You can't get them new whenever you want yet.

Welcome, new face! Let's see yer beard then.

Hmm.. I'm wary of posting a pic of myself. I worry that It'll end up as some shitty meme on 9gag or something with stupid cause/effect statements on it.

I'll post one eventually, just need to brush the crumbs out of it. I'm mid way through cultivating a handlebar moustache. If the wife approves, it could become a permanent fixture!

Symphonia

Banned
Is it weird that I'm hesitant to sext my girlfriend? Like, what's the craic with that? I've never really done it before and it's just, what pleasure do either of us really gain by texting smut?

Mikeside

Is it weird that I'm hesitant to sext my girlfriend? Like, what's the craic with that? I've never really done it before and it's just, what pleasure do either of us really gain by texting smut?

If you'd asked me a couple of months ago I would have agreed - I always found it really cringe-inducing and never saw the point.

I've come around to it recently. For me it's kind of about being sexually honest & open with your partner and it's essentially a less intimidating way to sexually explore together without committing to whatever you're suggesting as much as if you suggested it in the bedroom. If you're feeling something, if you want something or whatever, you can sext away, enjoy the fantasy together and it means once you're together again, whenever that is, you can take that energy and have real fun with it.

I dunno, I don't think I'm particularly normal so this could just be me and, just my 2c.

Sexting is about being daring. It can be exciting to send and read, which is pretty much the desired feeling. It makes more sense to do when you're starting out with a new girlfriend since you're still discovering things about each other.

Give it a go. You might be better at it than you think, you've posted some things here that utterly repulsed me so you may be gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom