• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Holy craaaaaaap that weather. Just got absolutely drenched in the ten min walk back from lunch, my trousers are soaked through. So have locked the door, dropped trow and am sitting in my underwear. So classy.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You have much restrain then, because I would get into arguments every day about that shit and end up blocking everyone.

They're family. I grew up in a really political-debatey household so I'm used to it, the restlessness of it is just tiring.

Also, there's no point arguing about it, nobody will change their minds.

Restlessness = relentlessness. I hate my phone.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Anyone else listen to the Keith and the Girl podcast? I got called out and shouted at by the host today, so much fun. Am currently in a back and forth email argument with him.

I love the internet.

Son Of D

So BritGAF movie buffs, anyone looking forward to Scarlett Johansson's "Under the Skin"? Looks really interesting.

I'm intrigued by it. Probably will have to wait until the DVD is released though.

Facebook just winds me up. My US family are friends with me on it and they're Tea Party people. I'm so tired of seeing OBAMA IS MUZLIM BOMBER! , IZRAEL SHUD BOMB ALL A-RABS and OBAMACARE KILLS posts all of the time.

Ugh, sounds horrible. I've hidden so many people from appearing on my timeline that I only see few new posts there. But I'd rather that than seeing the stuff I've seen. People posting "shock" videos, incredibly awkward photos of themselves or people just doing the whole "i cnt stand cunts lik u who talk behind ppls baks and not 2 der face." thing. I've only removed one person from my friend list since he did something I'd never forgive.

NinjaBoiX

Sleep Now in the Fire might just be the best lyrical RATM track.
*posts no lyrics*

:|

Fine, counter claim:

"What we don't know keeps the contracts alive and movin',
They don't gotta burn the books they just remove 'em,
While arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells,
Rally 'round the family, pocket full of shells,"

- Bulls On Parade
Anyone else listen to the Keith and the Girl podcast? I got called out and shouted at by the host today, so much fun. Am currently in a back and forth email argument with him.

I love the internet.
I never listen to podcasts, yet another internet pastime I just never engage in. I'm wasting my life quite honestly.

NinjaBoiX

Oh man, get on that! Podcasts are awesome. Start with KATG #1924 so you can hear me getting told off :p
Yeah, I should really. I enjoyed the Ricky Gervais Show which was basically a televised podcast. Pats loves that Marc Maron guy that I've heard you mention, I'll see if he still has some kicking around.
Yes, but lyrics mang! We all love lyrics. It's the same when you post to say a particular female is hot, pics please! I need some meat on your boney posts shorty_symd.

;)

I've got Midnight Boom by The Kills on in the van at the mo, some of the lyrics are just off the wall:

"He's the alphabet pony,
He's the alphabet pony,
Phoney monkey, toy money,
Lose end, soda hands,
Pink plastic Jesus on the dashboard,
Just sayin',
He's the alphabet pony....."

ijivwBZz9EDfW.gif

In a classic bit of personal logic I went into Staines Atlantis to get myself some wellies so my feet wouldn't get wet. Got soaked to the skin. David Cameron was in Staines the other day. I went on twitter for the first time in several years just to read the re-tweets from Staines locals. They had insightful comments like "fuck off dishface" and "do you cry when you look in the mirror and see your backfat, y/n?"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
30m altitude. Home should be safe. Well if Battersea becomes the new Atlantis I'll start filling up some sand bags.

Son Of D

Weather here can't decide on what it wants to be. It's rather sunny, some overcast or raining. Only consistent part is the wind.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Our shop is about 100 yards from the sea and it's high tide in about an hour. That should be fun.

Actually probably won't be that bad, it isn't a spring tide, we've got new flood defences here and even if they don't work the water tends to flow down the steps into Marks & Spencer food hall about 20 yards short of us. Sucks for M&S of course, but it is a useful second line of defence.

SteveWD40

Our shop is about 100 yards from the sea and it's high tide in about an hour. That should be fun.

Actually probably won't be that bad, it isn't a spring tide, we've got new flood defences here and even if they don't work the water tends to flow down the steps into Marks & Spencer food hall about 20 yards short of us. Sucks for M&S of course, but it is a useful second line of defence.

*1 hour later*

NlCoy.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, I should really. I enjoyed the Ricky Gervais Show which was basically a televised podcast. Pats loves that Marc Maron guy that I've heard you mention, I'll see if he still has some kicking around.

Yeah Maron is great, his last episode was really interesting, all about this hippy soap maker. I listen to podcasts all the time, got about 20 on my feed. It's my news media of choice.

NinjaBoiX

How else will I be able to wind you up though? :p Gotta keep my posts cryptic as shit.
Ah, so it's the itchy turquoise mongoose climbing the cactus that sizzles with purple spotted metronomes eh? You sneaky-bang, candy-striped pie crust!
Yeah Maron is great, his last episode was really interesting, all about this hippy soap maker. I listen to podcasts all the time, got about 20 on my feed. It's my news media of choice.
Sweet. I'll get on it man.

So much stuff to watch, play, listen to, I'm drowning in it! I need to take 6 months off work, then just sit and consume it all.

Nom nom nom!

Mikeside

Oh god this fucking wind and rain.
These are the end times.
Hold me, you guys.

Bury my bones in the South, where people don't talk funny.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ugh, sounds horrible. I've hidden so many people from appearing on my timeline that I only see few new posts there. But I'd rather that than seeing the stuff I've seen. People posting "shock" videos, incredibly awkward photos of themselves or people just doing the whole "i cnt stand cunts lik u who talk behind ppls baks and not 2 der face." thing. I've only removed one person from my friend list since he did something I'd never forgive.

Thankfully I don't get those kind of ones, but Emma does. Ugh. I feel your pain.

Were you in the city centre at all or was it the outskirts? Either way, sucks the weather was so shitty, Birmingham can be quite nice when the weather holds up. On days like this? Not so much.

City Centre. We successfully made it to the pub at lunchtime despite the downpour so all was not lost

Symphonia

Banned
City Centre. We successfully made it to the pub at lunchtime despite the downpour so all was not lost
New Street or there abouts? Some good pubs in and around the city centre if you look hard enough. They're not part of a chain either (Wetherspoons, etc) so are nice and cheap. I'll try and organise a mini-meet in Birmingham some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom