• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You need to directly reference the .jpg in the IMG tag : otherwise, just link to it. Also, enquotenfied coz' massif.

iC6NXHjKNy7tz.gif

Haha! Whups. Spoke too soon! XD

How do I reference the thing in the what now? EDIT: Ahhh, I got it. Thanks, 8bit. I'm pretty much a technical luddite.

I remember buying an album of Disney cover versions ages ago expecting whimsical Tom Waits and getting what the hell Tom Waits on Heigh-Ho.

Oh my. I love that track. Didn't Disney xclaim he'd altered the lyrics to be more sinister and it turned out he hadn't?

8bit

Knows the Score
Haha! Whups. Spoke too soon! XD

How do I reference the thing in the what now?

Oh my. I love that track. Didn't Disney xclaim he'd altered the lyrics to be more sinister and it turned out he hadn't?

Either paste the imgur url eg : http://imgur.com/hmH35uY and add the i. & .jpg

http://[B]i.[/B]imgur.com/hmH35uY.jpg

or right click on the image you want to share and choose copy image properties and paste that in an img tag.

I bought the album mostly for Sun Ra's Pink Elephants On Parade but I was astonished by Tom Waits as I really didn't expect that. Los Lobos - Wanna Be Like You was kind of fun too, IIRC.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Either paste the imgur url eg : http://imgur.com/hmH35uY and add the i. & .jpg

http://[B]i.[/B]imgur.com/hmH35uY.jpg

or right click on the image you want to share and choose copy image properties and paste that in an img tag.

I bought the album mostly for Sun Ra's Pink Elephants On Parade but I was astonished by Tom Waits as I really didn't expect that. Los Lobos - Wanna Be Like You was kind of fun too, IIRC.

Thanks again, sir. Lesson well and truly learned.

I've not got the Disney album, just that track by Tom Waits. Those others sound amazing though. Sun Ra playing the tune that accompanies one of the most nightmarish animated sequences of all time? SOLD.

NinjaBoiX

Also, since I've finally worked out how to use imgur, I'd like to introduce you all to lil Evy Eris and my comedy wife:
Daww! Feels! Beautiful humans right there mate.

Also, Tom Waits and QOTSA, good start to the day guys!

Have some Björk for your troubles (the first link has bewbs, so probably NSFW):

Björk - Pagan Poetry

Björk - Isobel

Björk - Undo

Björk - It's Not Up To You

Björk - It's In Our Hands

She's 48, and still a babe. Crazy as a rat in a tin shithouse mind, but yeah, she's still got it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

etc.

She's 48, and still a babe. Crazy as a rat in a tin shithouse mind, but yeah, she's still got it.

Maaaaan, I fucking love Bjork! Good call right there. Have you used the Biophillia app she released? You should check it out. I was messing about with it all last night, the part of it that's free (Solstice). So much fun.

I will admit I do love getting lie-ins but, fuck, I really do miss waking up and seeing Anna-Lily first thing in the morning.

*hugs*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Went to a VGL years ago (well it was across the river from my uni so I basically finished a lecture and walked to it). The only problem with it is that it does require liking a wide spread of mainstream titles. While you can appreciate good music, you will always wish for more music from the games you love.

That and since it's an American production hosted by American Tommy Tallarico he encouraged lots of whooping and clapping during the performances when you just want a proper mild mannered British clap and the end of each piece.

SmokyDave

Good stuff Meat :)

I trust you're enjoying the whole parenthood deal?

My copy of 'Go The Fuck To Sleep' arrived on Saturday, so I'm now fully prepared.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Björk - Pagan Poetry

Björk - Isobel

Björk - Undo

Björk - It's Not Up To You

Björk - It's In Our Hands

Ninja, are you me? Don't forget Mutual Core, Declare Independence, Hunter, Joga...so many amazing songs. I absolutely love Bjork.

Edit; damn phone makes it hard to read and reply. I am loving the Bjork love here today! She is a genius. I think Medulla is my favourite but Biophilia has some gorgeous songs on it.

Meaty, your family is gorgeous and that photo made me smile! Tomato looks kind of...creepy?!?

NinjaBoiX

Maaaaan, I fucking love Bjork! Good call right there. Have you used the Biophillia app she released? You should check it out. I was messing about with it all last night, the part of it that's free (Solstice). So much fun.
I haven't used that app yet, but I've been meaning to check it out ever since I saw the Attenborough documentary a few months back. Aren't they using that as an educational tool in Icelandic schools now as well?

Seriously man, she's had such a huge impact on the world of music, she deserves every single shred of credit she's received over the years.

(Thanks for the link bud, I'll have a play tonight!)
This is my go-to Snow Song. It's like a Danny Elfman tune, lovely stuff. I would say Vespertine is easily my favourite of her albums. Love those microbeats, and the whole thing is just so sexy. That album has a song that seems to be about snowballing and night-rape.
She's easily in my top ten all time list, she comes up with the most beautiful melodies and her skewed grasp of English is so endearing! "Snowballing and night rape" indeed!

And that voice, oh man. You know I'm a sucker for a strong female vocal, and they don't come much better. The sheer range of pitch, tone, volume and inflection she is capable of boggles the mind. She can go from the deepest of notes to soaring highs in a matter of seconds.

Love that woman. Never stop making music please!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja, are you me? Don't forget Mutual Core, Declare Independence, Hunter, Joga...so many amazing songs. I absolutely love Bjork.

Edit; damn phone makes it hard to read and reply. I am loving the Bjork love here today! She is a genius. I think Medulla is my favourite but Biophilia has some gorgeous songs on it.

What phone you got? Did you see the Biophilia app?

Meaty, your family is gorgeous and that photo made me smile! Tomato looks kind of...creepy?!?

Thanks... and yeah, he really was.

SKINNER!

Banned
Went to a VGL years ago (well it was across the river from my uni so I basically finished a lecture and walked to it). The only problem with it is that it does require liking a wide spread of mainstream titles. While you can appreciate good music, you will always wish for more music from the games you love.

That and since it's an American production hosted by American Tommy Tallarico he encouraged lots of whooping and clapping during the performances when you just want a proper mild mannered British clap and the end of each piece.

Attended a show back in 2012 and did come across the same issue you stated about the mainstream titles (didn't recognise songs from Warcraft, Civ, God of War etc) but still managed to appreciate the wonderful music that was performed. Disagree about how the show shouldn't have audience interaction/participation. Kinda feel it would be so dull without there being special guest appearances or live contests etc to liven things up. You ever been to the Zelda Symphony concerts?

NinjaBoiX

Did I post this before? Can't remember

Björk / Omar Souleyman - Crystalline : www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vEjKrP6tOs‎

Argh, being drawn into cheap copies of the Post 10" singles on discogs, must resist.
Yeah mate, you did, but that's cool! I repost tunes all the time. It is gorgeous that one.

Haha, we do seem to share common musical interests! I don't think I'll ever tire of that lady's music.

Also, unless Google is lying to me this is a recent pic:

VyrSSgZ.jpg

48 man. 48! Of course photoshop, make up and whatever, but still, she must bathe in the fountain of youth or some shit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Damn, bored out of my mind today, and the weather is so bonkers that it's not even worth going out for a smoke break, trying to get a lighter to work in that wind is a special level of torture.

boorrreeeeeed :( There's only so much nothing you can do before it all gets a bit dull.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Attended a show back in 2012 and did come across the same issue you stated about the mainstream titles (didn't recognise songs from Warcraft, Civ, God of War etc) but still managed to appreciate the wonderful music that was performed. Disagree about how the show shouldn't have audience interaction/participation. Kinda feel it would be so dull without there being special guest appearances or live contests etc to liven things up. You ever been to the Zelda Symphony concerts?

Nothing wrong with interaction between performances, but I feel when the music is playing people should be respectful and listen in silence. Unless it's a clap along, that's the sole exception. Clapping because it's the bit you recognise is just annoying.

Yeah, radiohead kindly invited me to a Zelda Symphony concert a while back. I really enjoyed it. I'd say the only negative is that Zelda music is quite orchestral already so apart from the really old games you are basically hearing the music in a similar light to the games (obviously with better sounding instruments). Now if it was a Zelda Jazz concert that would be fun.

Basically as more and more games turn toward orchestral soundtracks, hearing them with a live orchestra loses its novelty. Guess that's why Super Mario 3D World's OST is so refreshing. Mmmm... that beautiful jazzy staff roll music...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What phone you got? Did you see the Biophilia app?

Thanks... and yeah, he really was.

I did (when I had an iPhone) , it was marvellous. The free song (Cosmonogy?) where it tracks the voices going up and down was great, and I downloaded Crystalline too which was an unusual mini game.

I love visualising music, love Kandinsky and all that! Anything synaesthesic is really interesting to me. I tried to read Mallarme but my French was too rubbish. Emma taught a lesson to her 6 and 7 year olds on painting music and Kandinsky! See, there is hope foe the future. :)

My only problem with Bjork is that she is expensive to be a fan of. She's always repackaging and reselling loads of formats and so it's hard to keep up.

8bit

Knows the Score
I did (when I had an iPhone) , it was marvellous. The free song (Cosmonogy?) where it tracks the voices going up and down was great, and I downloaded Crystalline too which was an unusual mini game.

I love visualising music, love Kandinsky and all that! Anything synaesthesic is really interesting to me. I tried to read Mallarme but my French was too rubbish. Emma taught a lesson to her 6 and 7 year olds on painting music and Kandinsky! See, there is hope foe the future. :)

My only problem with Bjork is that she is expensive to be a fan of. She's always repackaging and reselling loads of formats and so it's hard to keep up.

You're a fan of shooters and of Kandinsky? Have you played Rez?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Absolutely! There's this completely arbitrary barrier in music education where you're pressured to learn in a certain way or to be at a certain level, otherwise you end up not being a "proper" musician. It's bollocks. Things like the Biophilia or lessons like Emma's are brilliant for breaking that down (honestly, painting music sounds like so much fun!).

SteveWD40

Fucking ulcer on my tongue, right near the back / molars, I might have bitten it on Saturday but can't remember.

eating is agony...

hxZfn.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
Nothing wrong with interaction between performances, but I feel when the music is playing people should be respectful and listen in silence. Unless it's a clap along, that's the sole exception. Clapping because it's the bit you recognise is just annoying.

Yeah, radiohead kindly invited me to a Zelda Symphony concert a while back. I really enjoyed it. I'd say the only negative is that Zelda music is quite orchestral already so apart from the really old games you are basically hearing the music in a similar light to the games (obviously with better sounding instruments). Now if it was a Zelda Jazz concert that would be fun.

Basically as more and more games turn toward orchestral soundtracks, hearing them with a live orchestra loses its novelty. Guess that's why Super Mario 3D World's OST is so refreshing. Mmmm... that beautiful jazzy staff roll music...

Ah I get what you mean now. There was A LOT of fanatics cheering whenever a Pokemon or Sonic song was played. I suppose you could get away with that in a standing gig but a seated orchestral event...is kinda awkward.

Zelda Jazz sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind that. Never been to the Zelda Symphony sadly. It was either VGL or that. Still, hearing Zelda music live performed by a symphony would've been so soothing.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ah I get what you mean now. There was A LOT of fanatics cheering whenever a Pokemon or Sonic song was played. I suppose you could get away with that in a standing gig but a seated orchestral event...is kinda awkward.

Zelda Jazz sounds interesting. Wouldn't mind that. Never been to the Zelda Symphony sadly. It was either VGL or that. Still, hearing Zelda music live performed by a symphony would've been so soothing.

Oh man give me a ticket and a garrotte wire and I could make the world a better place.

NinjaBoiX

Aw, mane, your little girls gorgeous, Meat. Got a beautiful family going on there, kinda miss the whole family aesthetic myself.
You still aren't using that word right dude, I'm pretty sure you mean "family dynamic". "Aesthetic" refers to the visual attributes of something. Just sayin'.

Your little girl is super cute though, I must say!
Fucking ulcer on my tongue, right near the back / molars, I might have bitten it on Saturday but can't remember.

eating is agony...

hxZfn.gif
Haha, Steve's gif usage is routinely awesome.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You still aren't using that word right dude, I'm pretty sure you mean "family dynamic". "Aesthetic" refers to the visual attributes of something. Just sayin'.

Haha, Steve's gif usage is routinely awesome.

nah I think his usage is spot on. He likes how it looks on him :p I'm looking forward to wearing a baby around as a backpack in a few years.

NinjaBoiX

nah I think his usage is spot on. He likes how it looks on him :p I'm looking forward to wearing a baby around as a backpack in a few years.
Oh yeah, I can see that. I just never thought of it that way!

I guess I just still have his unfortunate sexual fetish, "as long as she looks like a little girl" faux pas in mind.

Family pics do make me go all mushy these days, they never used to! I'm getting soft man.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Who likes my new avatar, I DO

also listening to A perfect circle a bit recently, my friend showed me a live version of the outsider and the scream he does around the 3:00 is godlike, Good ol' Maynard

Holy shit.

Who's the bloke? Is he pushing the marriage on her?

From what you've said previously about your sister this does not seem like a good life choice. Scratch that, that doesn't sound like a good life choice for any 17 year old girl.

Yeah, after a lengthy chat on whatsapp I've come to the conclusion i have no control over the matter and should voice my opinion when next convenient, probably gonna wreck her life, feeling kinda low atm so nae fucks really given lol

Symphonia

Banned

I swear it was family aesthetic, aha, my bad.

And did you see the photo of my little girl? I thought I'd taken it down before anyone saw.

NinjaBoiX

I swear it was family aesthetic, aha, my bad.

And did you see the photo of my little girl? I thought I'd taken it down before anyone saw.
Well I just assumed as you see your family fairly regularly you were alluding to missing the dynamic of being part of a family, rather than the look of your family.

But as Jed said, both make sense when you think about it.

Yeah, I saw the little 'un, I think you're holding her up giving a kiss on the cheek? Feels...
haha, you know me so well Ninj! It literally did.
;P

Symphonia

Banned
Well I just assumed as you see your family fairly regularly you were alluding to missing the dynamic of being part of a family, rather than the look of your family.

But as Jed said, both make sense when you think about it.

Yeah, I saw the little 'un, I think you're holding her up giving a kiss on the cheek? Feels...
Yeah, that's the one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom