• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This C++ class is kicking my ass. Also I don't really sext but my girlfriend sends me pictures every so often. She seems to like to do it while I am at work, which usually puts me in a compromising situation much to her delight.

NinjaBoiX

Urgh, Lee's early starts mean my early starts whether I like it or not!
Is it weird that I'm hesitant to sext my girlfriend? Like, what's the craic with that? I've never really done it before and it's just, what pleasure do either of us really gain by texting smut?
Seriously?

Mate, you've got no idea. I'll give you some pointers, dirty texts can be hot as fuck. A sound grasp of English is a must though, you might want to brush up.

;)
People from outside ireland and skye should not use craic.

It sounds wrong in every other accent.
Nonsense, craic is used regularly around here.

"His craic is shit", for example.

Blink Me

So the Zebrahead/Reel Big Fish/Less Than Jake concert was awesome on Monday night. Managed to get right to the front which was cool since I haven't managed that before. Some girl on coke was trying to drag me off the front but I hung onto the barrier for dear life and managed to stay where I was. Also avoided getting kicked in the head by crowd surfers. I love how Less Than Jake change their setlist each time I've seen them I hate it when some bands just play the same songs all the time.

Just had a dream (nay, a nightmare) where my Vita turned up and the screen was thee size of the VMU on the Dreamast, and yet there was a storage compartment that held a cut down Wavebird controller? Glad I'm back in the land of the living!

A bit tardy to the party but I only just got posting privileges. I guess my CRB check came back clean.

When is your birthday: 19th Feb
Where do you live: Bristol
Where are you from: Bristol
What do you do: NHS (Ambulance Service)
What is your quest: To work up the courage to post my pic in beardgaf
Favourite actor/actress: Tim Roth
Favourite band/artist: Solace, Blind Dog, YES, Pink Floyd
Favourite TV show: Wire, Shield, Nathan Barley, Archer, Workaholics
Favourite crisps: Sweet Chilli Sensations
Favourite biscuit: Oreos
Least favourite Pokémon:
Stalactites or stalagmites: Tites
How do you cut your sandwiches: 4 triangles, finger sandwiches

Welcome Sir

Hmm.. I'm wary of posting a pic of myself. I worry that It'll end up as some shitty meme on 9gag or something with stupid cause/effect statements on it.

I'll post one eventually, just need to brush the crumbs out of it. I'm mid way through cultivating a handlebar moustache. If the wife approves, it could become a permanent fixture!

Seriously dude, no one cares enough to turn random strangers into memes, this only happens to like 1 person in thousands. As a lover of beards I insist you share your spectacular facial hair with us.

So the Zebrahead/Reel Big Fish/Less Than Jake concert was awesome on Monday night. Managed to get right to the front which was cool since I haven't managed that before. Some girl on coke was trying to drag me off the front but I hung onto the barrier for dear life and managed to stay where I was. Also avoided getting kicked in the head by crowd surfers. I love how Less Than Jake change their setlist each time I've seen them I hate it when some bands just play the same songs all the time.

Aww yes so excited for Saturday. Don't suppose you remember any of the set list?

Blink Me

Aww yes so excited for Saturday. Don't suppose you remember any of the set list?

There is a website called setlist.com or something which usually has the setlists but from what I remember (not in order):

Zebrahead:

Rescue Me, Hello Tomorrow, Anthem, Postcards From Hell, Hell Yeah, Mental Health, Mike Dexter is God

Reel Big Fish:

Sell Out, Beer (with a cover of Self Esteem by the Offspring), She Has A Girlfriend Now, Take On Me, Monkeyman (cover of the Specials I think).

Less Than Jake:

Automatic, My Money is on the Longshot, History of A Boring Town, Landmines Landslides, Science of Selling Yourself Short, Plastic Cup Politics, Look What Happened, All My Best Friends Are Metal Heads, Last One Out of Liberty City, Johnny Quest, Never Going Back To New Jersey, Good Enough

NinjaBoiX

Hey guise I tapped Cy's phone and got his first sext. It reads:

"Hay babes what did u do @ skool 2day"
tumblr_leqdg3Ru6j1qaihbf.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
I don't know what twisted dream you had that motivated you to make me LIKE Radiohead on facebook but I hope you can sleep blissfully tonight knowing that you have fulfilled Yorke's wishes.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't know what twisted dream you had that motivated you to make me LIKE Radiohead on facebook but I hope you can sleep blissfully tonight knowing that you have fulfilled Yorke's wishes.

Yorkey came to me in a dream with the Treefingers drone playing deafeningly loudly behind him. He implored me to spread the gospel to the heathens. I am but his humble servant.

SKINNER!

Banned
So BritGAF movie buffs, anyone looking forward to Scarlett Johansson's "Under the Skin"? Looks really interesting.

hey guys

Selling my PS4. £350 (or special GAF discount of £330). It's boxed, as new. I just haven't used the sodding thing, and my life is about to be consumed by Dark Souls II anyway.

I'm in Bournemouth. If anyone wants it, let me know.

£200 and a copy of Resogun and you got yourself a deal.

Beer (with a cover of Self Esteem by the Offspring)

Blew my freakin' mind when they covered Self Esteem.

I had a string of nightmares last night involving GAF. In one of them, an investigative reporter discovered my real name and posts it here. I ask him to remove it and he puts it all over the newspapers and suddenly people with my name are being accused of all kinds of things. Scary shit.

Had to wake up an check GAF on my phone. All was well, so I slagged of Cyanide and went back to sleep.

Blink Me

Blew my freakin' mind when they covered Self Esteem.

Yeah I was jumping about and singing along more than I had been when they were playing their own stuff. Its such an awesome song. And Ninja Operation Ivy are awesome I was listening to Reel Big Fish's cover of Unity on the way to work.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I feel under pressure now we're all friends on Twitter. I hope you don't expect anything interesting or amusing from me and aren't ashamed by my shameless stalking of minor game celebrities.

I really am a terrible person. :-(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I have a twitter @jedeyesniv but I hate using it. I don't get what twitter is for, it doesn't feel as cohesive and linked together as Facebook. And I don't have that pesky family/employer stuff on my FB anyway.

IMO, Twitter is for people with small thoughts. I have big thoughts, I can't be limited by your character limits!

Also, I think Twitter has made the internet worse since normies now have a louder voice to spout their bollocks with. Sick of hashtags on tv shows, sick of racists and trolls having free reign to be horrible, sick of Stephen Fry's smug tweets and everyone sucking him off for it. Fuck twitter.

woah lol where did that come from??

8bit

Knows the Score
Oooh, Air & LCD Soundsystem

Let's see...

LCD Soundsystem : Losing My Edge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xG4oFny2Pk
I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of Every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit Techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another of every box set from the '70s.
Air : Playground Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQ4reLS8Lo

This is probably a fairly cliched Air track to post but reasons.

And another couple of tracks that I had in mind earlier.

The Streets : Lets Push Things Forward http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UGtlUMMkOU
You won't find us on Alta Vista. Cult classic, not bestseller.

Fila Brazillia : 6ft Wasp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAx0PL4OICU
By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing, kill yourself.

--

I have a twitter @jedeyesniv but I hate using it. I don't get what twitter is for, it doesn't feel as cohesive and linked together as Facebook. And I don't have that pesky family/employer stuff on my FB anyway.

IMO, Twitter is for people with small thoughts. I have big thoughts, I can't be limited by your character limits!

Also, I think Twitter has made the internet worse since normies now have a louder voice to spout their bollocks with. Sick of hashtags on tv shows, sick of racists and trolls having free reign to be horrible, sick of Stephen Fry's smug tweets and everyone sucking him off for it. Fuck twitter.

woah lol where did that come from??

Haha, fair enough. It's much improved once you block some of the obvious arseholes such as Fry, Gervais & Dawkins and the unfunny parody accounts. It's good for breaking news and I tend to think of it as a dadaist ceefax.

NinjaBoiX

Jed:

#spokenlikeatrueprodigy

Twitter is the pits. 10% relevant newsfeed, 90% self-congratulatory soapbox.

Edit: 8bit - let's push things forward, yiss! Remember when mike Skinner could write lyrics?

8bit

Knows the Score
Jed:

#spokenlikeatrueprodigy

Twitter is the pits. 10% relevant newsfeed, 90% self-congratulatory soapbox.

Edit: 8bit - let's push things forward, yiss! Remember when mike Skinner could write lyrics?

Yeah that was good. Shame it didn't last much past, ooh, A Grand Don't Come for Free maybe? I don't think a concept album was a good choice for him.

What's with all this lame music suggestion guys?

Let me go ahead and fix that:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0p3jn7ODuc

A little bit too old school for me.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I really don't wanna go to work at all guys, hold me.

I feel under pressure now we're all friends on Twitter. I hope you don't expect anything interesting or amusing from me and aren't ashamed by my shameless stalking of minor game celebrities.

I really am a terrible person. :-(
I just want people to talk to me when i tweet, afoni did a few times which was nice

now don't feel so helpless and alone in this cruel dark world
I had a string of nightmares last night involving GAF. In one of them, an investigative reporter discovered my real name and posts it here. I ask him to remove it and he puts it all over the newspapers and suddenly people with my name are being accused of all kinds of things. Scary shit.

Had to wake up an check GAF on my phone. All was well, so I slagged of Cyanide and went back to sleep.
GAF dreams are the best... sometimes...

Reknoc

Twitter > Facebook no contest. You don't even need to block anyone you just, don't follow them p.easy. I guess I could improve facebook by removing everyone I didn't like at school but added just 'cause, but then my facebook feed would be empty instead of shit which I guess is some sort of an improvement?

also i dont normally do this but i guess this is some music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oAakZx-cww

NinjaBoiX

What's with all this lame music suggestion guys?

Let me go ahead and fix that:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0p3jn7ODuc
Shorty, I posted Op Ivy specifically for the likes of you, Blink and Musha. Proper ska/punk band right there boyee!
Yeah that was good. Shame it didn't last much past, ooh, A Grand Don't Come for Free maybe? I don't think a concept album was a good choice for him.
A Grand was ok, but Original Pirate Material was so damn good, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Favourite Streets track:

The Streets - Sharp Darts

"Respect to BC but it's time to fuck loyalty,
One day I hope to earn some hard royalties,
From a bit of sample robbery,
Hook burglary, noise thievery,
Or wholesale piracy,
So watch yer back, I'm inclined to sample,
I'll dismantle and make you all examples,"

8bit

Knows the Score
A Grand was ok, but Original Pirate Material was so damn good, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Favourite Streets track:

The Streets - Sharp Darts

"Respect to BC but it's time to fuck loyalty,
One day I hope to earn some hard royalties,
From a bit of sample robbery,
Hook burglary, noise thievery,
Or wholesale piracy,
So watch yer back, I'm inclined to sample,
I'll dismantle and make you all examples,"

It's got Fit But You Know It which is a great track and Dry Your Eyes which is a bit mawkish but it's mostly forgettable other than the last track. I remember listening to the lyrics and thinking "what the fuck are you on about?"

He had to unscrew about fifteen screws before he could pull the panel off the back,
To get in the fecking thing;
But just as he did so, he said he saw something,
That slipped inside behind the panel - down the back of it.
Must have been some leaflets or a bill maybe,
I didn't want to lose the bill incase it was a final warning.
So we both treid to get the back off and work out if there was any more screws to get out,
Or if we left any in.
And when he looked down the back of the TV, his eyes just froze,
Before he rammed his hand in saying, no shit.
He's looking at me absolutely speechless, he can't quite believe what hes trying to pull out the slip.
I get up wondering what he's smiling about, he's shaking his head at this point,
With the biggest of grins;
I look down the back of the TV and thats where it was, in all its glory - my thousand quid.

wtf

Anyway, after that I think his only notable track was When You Weren't Famous. But Original Pirate Material is a monster of an album.

Weak Become Heroes (Royksopp's Memory Lane mix) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7SR52D5Jqk

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Twitter > Facebook no contest. You don't even need to block anyone you just, don't follow them p.easy. I guess I could improve facebook by removing everyone I didn't like at school but added just 'cause, but then my facebook feed would be empty instead of shit which I guess is some sort of an improvement?

also i dont normally do this but i guess this is some music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oAakZx-cww

Facebook just winds me up. My US family are friends with me on it and they're Tea Party people. I'm so tired of seeing OBAMA IS MUZLIM BOMBER! , IZRAEL SHUD BOMB ALL A-RABS and OBAMACARE KILLS posts all of the time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Facebook just winds me up. My US family are friends with me on it and they're Tea Party people. I'm so tired of seeing OBAMA IS MUZLIM BOMBER! , IZRAEL SHUD BOMB ALL A-RABS and OBAMACARE KILLS posts all of the time.

You have much restrain then, because I would get into arguments every day about that shit and end up blocking everyone.

Noel man, he's witty and talented, what kind of question is this? Liam is a world class bellend and a talentless hack. See Beady Eye for proof.

Yeah, pretty much the only right answer innit? I listen to What's the Story again yesterday (fucking amaaaazing record when you go back to it after years) and Noel's vocals were the high point of the record for me. Don't Look Back in Anger is like a breath of fresh air, and his backing vox on some might say are great as well.

SmokyDave

Original Pirate Material is a fucking great album. Permanent place on my MP3 player (well, phone).

It's got Fit But You Know It which is a great track and Dry Your Eyes which is a bit mawkish but it's mostly forgettable other than the last track. I remember listening to the lyrics and thinking "what the fuck are you on about?"

wtf
Dude, the whole album is one continuous story. Listen to it all again.

Slowdive

Banned
Noel man, he's witty and talented, what kind of question is this? Liam is a world class bellend and a talentless hack. See Beady Eye for proof.

Agreed, I'm not the biggest Oasis fan but I do like them, Beady Eye is so bad but Noel's solo stuff is so good. Hope he brings out another album soon. Can't stand Liam anymore to be honest.

8bit

Knows the Score
Original Pirate Material is a fucking great album. Permanent place on my MP3 player (well, phone).

Dude, the whole album is one continuous story. Listen to it all again.

I know, it's just by the end the resolution to his tales of woe is just kind of stupid. Also, sticking your hand down the back of a TV is super dangerous. Breaks the illusion of belivability.

Question for BGAF -

Liam or Noel?

Bit of a lesser of two evils, but Noel at least did work the Chemical Brothers & Future Sound of London so he's mostly all right.

Ugh, I'm glad the only level of hostility on facebook for me is about Scottish Independence and even then it's fairly well mannered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom