• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

NinjaBoiX

Fucking rugby, best game I've seen ever though
Fuck rugby.

A game played by proper men's men no doubt, but fuck me it's dull. So disjointed and stop/starty, I've tried but I just can't get into it.

It doesn't have the flow of The Beautiful Game™.

Or the shit haircuts.

Yeah I don't understand Rugby but I find it entertaining anyway. The England vs France game was great, watched it while I was doing some ironing.

It sucks being a Scotland supporter though, they're a bit rubbish in pretty much every sport but golf, which I don't care about.

Unless there's an amazing basketball team I don't know about.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Fuck rugby.

A game played by proper men's men no doubt, but fuck me it's dull. So disjointed and stop/starty, I've tried but I just can't get into it.

It doesn't have the flow of The Beautiful Game™.

Or the shit haircuts.
You seem to have rugby confused with murrican fewtbul

This tackle doe

The man is 118kg, the force that hit that frenchy must have been tremendous.

Symphonia

Banned
I refuse to believe that Liverpool are losing to Man U. I'm either having a nightmare or some sick, twisted fuck has come up with a weird TV drama where events as harrowing as this occur.

Either option is horrifying.

Volotaire

I thought I would finally get round to listening to the Kanye west track ft. Paul Mccartney. It's trash. You can't even hear Mccartney over the obnoxiously mixed auto-tuning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who on earth maps the spin jump to a shake on the wii remote in NSMBU? I'm trying to get all the star coins but it is now infinitely harder in some places where I have to shake.
That's such an easy move. It's an extension of all those times you'd shake the controller when you missed a jump, but now it actually does something.

Or you could just use the GamePad that came with the Wii U which has spin mapped to a button.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
That's such an easy move. It's an extension of all those times you'd shake the controller when you missed a jump, but now it actually does something.

Or you could just use the GamePad that came with the Wii U which has spin mapped to a button.

I'm with you. It works very well and is never actually necessary, just a handy tiny bonus. Nsmb series is very underrated (except the original which feels like the developers had their training wheels on).

Volotaire

Like I said above, I can't at the moment :) . Quite honestly , it should be mapped to B. Perhaps after getting used to it, like DKCR, it will become second nature. But, at first use it's not too intuitive.

Symphonia

Banned
it's dumb, like everything nintendo does.
miyamotolookinlikedatass.gif

Nintendo have made many mistakes, sure, but so have Sony and Microsoft. Saying everything Nintendo has ever done is dumb is unfair. And if it IS dumb, then it worked in their favour. DS, Wii, and 3DS have all sold amazingly well. Zelda, Mario, and Pokémon are all game series' that, to this day, continue to draw people in. They can't be that dumb if they can manage that.

miyamotolookinlikedatass.gif

Nintendo have made many mistakes, sure, but so have Sony and Microsoft. Saying everything Nintendo has ever done is dumb is unfair. And if it IS dumb, then it worked in their favour. DS, Wii, and 3DS have all sold amazingly well. Zelda, Mario, and Pokémon are all game series' that, to this day, continue to draw people in. They can't be that dumb if they can manage that.

yeah, they make really good stuff to be honest but very little of it appeals to me. didn't mean to offend, miyamoto-san!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I thought I would finally get round to listening to the Kanye west track ft. Paul Mccartney. It's trash. You can't even hear Mccartney over the obnoxiously mixed auto-tuning.

I like the Rihanna and Kanye and McCartney one.

it's dumb, like everything nintendo does.

I can understand this. Over time, I've just had to accept that I'm not a Nintendo person. Occasionally I'll enjoy the odd game, but for me Nintendo peaked with the SNES. I've always wanted to like their games because everyone seems to get such enjoyment out of them, but even at the time I preferred something like MGS to Ocarina. They're just not for me.

It's probably the same reason I don't like things like Persona. Twee/cheery games just annoy me.

I like the Rihanna and Kanye and McCartney one.

but sploatee why? you were the chosen one etc.

that song was written by nine people. nine. NINE. that is four and a half times more people than it took to write the hit 1984 comedy ghostbusters.

i know pop is about the selective reduction of overly ornamental musical techniques but this:
kanye west said:
now I'm four, five seconds from wildin'/
and we got three more days 'till friday/
i'm just trying to make it back home by monday morning

is fucking dire.

Reknoc

Pretty much, I even found myself trying to do it in 3D World.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
but sploatee why? you were the chosen one etc.

that song was written by nine people. nine. NINE. that is four and a half times more people than it took to write the hit 1984 comedy ghostbusters.

i know pop is about the selective reduction of overly ornamental musical techniques but this:

is fucking dire.

I think its Rihanna's performance. Her emotion just feels real to me.

Symphonia

Banned
It's kinda catchy, I don't mind it when it comes on. Better than some dross on the radio right now.
Uptown Funk, though completely unrelated to the current McCartney and Rihanna discussion, is a great example of songs so bad they're good. I can't help but sing along whenever I hear it. Damn you, Mars.

Uptown Funk, though completely unrelated to the current McCartney and Rihanna discussion, is a great example of songs so bad they're good. I can't help but sing along whenever I hear it. Damn you, Mars.

my favourite part of that song is that mark ronson thought 'michelle pfeiffer' was a topical reference for 2015. bruno mars must have wondered who the fuck he was singing about.

Spookie

CHEEZMO™;156986512 said:
uptown funk is unironically a good and fun song

But like any song remotely good discovered by the UK charts: is played so much you want to punch the cunt for making it.

NinjaBoiX

It's a Mark Ronson track, and it's a damn fine pop song.

Hugely popular doesn't automatically equal terrible.

Symphonia

Banned
What's so bad about it if you like it?
I've just never really kinda liked Bruno Mars. Something about him just makes me wanna punch him hard in the face, repeatedly. I read somewhere a couple years ago that he thinks he is better than Michael Jackson and Barry White combined. Like...no.

my favourite part of that song is that mark ronson thought 'michelle pfeiffer' was a topical reference for 2015. bruno mars must have wondered who the fuck he was singing about.
Ronson is just as bad as Mars. The only song of his I like was Valerie with Amy Winehouse, and she made that song what it is. Now she was talented.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
But like any song remotely good discovered by the UK charts: is played so much you want to punch the cunt for making it.

yeah the two people i know who dont like the song give this as their reason which is fair enough i guess.

Glad I don't listen to the radio lol

NinjaBoiX

Ronson is just as bad as Mars. The only song of his I like was Valerie with Amy Winehouse, and she made that song what it is. Now she was talented.
Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about, Mark Ronson is a hugely respected DJ and producer whilst also being an accomplished musician. His first record is absolutely wicked:

0aiUkYn.jpg

He started his career as a hip-hop DJ in New York in the 90's and has gone on to produced some amazing artists over the years. Do some research.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I've just never really kinda liked Bruno Mars. Something about him just makes me wanna punch him hard in the face, repeatedly. I read somewhere a couple years ago that he thinks he is better than Michael Jackson and Barry White combined. Like...no.

"Stab Bruno Mars in his goddamn oesophagus "

He's not really making my kind of music but he's talented.

I have no opinion on Mark Ronson. I'm sure he's good at what he does, I just don't really listen to that kind of thing. I like Jon Ronson, though.

Symphonia

Banned
"Stab Bruno Mars in his goddamn oesophagus "
I wouldn't go that far, heh. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Some people like Bruno Mars, I don't. Just like how I like certain bands and artists, whilst others don't. I'm not going to judge someone based on their musical preferences (much) and I certainly wouldn't try and dissuade them from enjoying that particular band or artist.

It's one of life's little gifts to mankind - the ability to hear and appreciate whatever music you see fit. So why try and ruin it for others?

I wouldn't go that far, heh. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Some people like Bruno Mars, I don't. Just like how I like certain bands and artists, whilst others don't. I'm not going to judge someone based on their musical preferences (much) and I certainly wouldn't try and dissuade them from enjoying that particular band or artist.

It's one of life's little gifts to mankind - the ability to hear and appreciate whatever music you see fit. So why try and ruin it for others?

Gotta agree with this. People are gonna listen to whatever they like, and telling them a particular artist is good/shit isn't going to make them listen to them more/less.

Personally I really like Bruno Mars, I think he's got a fantastic voice and usually does really good songs, except for the last couple. But I can't stand Mark Ronson. Don't like his style at all. Valerie was the worst and Amy Winehouse was awful, I really hate that fake style of singing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Morning y'all.

What's new?

The only thing I feel like talking about is Dark Souls. So erm uhh hmmm cough cough cough.

NinjaBoiX

Gotta agree with this. People are gonna listen to whatever they like, and telling them a particular artist is good/shit isn't going to make them listen to them more/less.

Personally I really like Bruno Mars, I think he's got a fantastic voice and usually does really good songs, except for the last couple. But I can't stand Mark Ronson. Don't like his style at all. Valerie was the worst and Amy Winehouse was awful, I really hate that fake style of singing.
Opinions and all that, fair enough, but what the fuck is "fake singing"? Is it kind of like that bullshit growling that shit metal bands do constantly?

My housemate and I put up a bookshelf last night. Lots of manly stuff, poring over instructions, playing with the drill.

It should only have taken about half an hour but in the end it took two and a half hours and I'm pleased to say it rivals the radio towers in Far Cry for safety and stability. Never have I seen a free standing object sway so gracefully in a breeze.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Chaps and Chapettes, Hello!

Where do you come from? Milton Keynes but living in Nottingham currently.
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? IT SUPPORRRTTTTTTTTTTT
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? I need to get my ass to Mars
Favourite daytime TV show? Diagnosis Murder
Fish or chips? Chips
Daddy or chips? Chips
What's your tipple of choice? A good whiskey or a pint of the black stuff (hold the clover)
Favourite party snack? Sausage rolls m8, can't go wrong with sausage rolls
Who is the best bald person? Patrick Stewart
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Part of a soulless corporate marketing video that made it onto the web
What's your perfect Sunday? Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and brownies on the top... wait...
Did you threaten to overrule him? I did not overrule him
Did you threaten to overrule him? I did not overrule him
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? Pls Paxman

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's nearly Bloodborne time.

I'm going to stay away from Bloodborne for a bit until maybe after the backlash.

Tbh I'm most excited about playing Ico and SOTC but DS is so compulsive it's very difficult. I'm close to NG+ now and I'm telling myself that once I finish this playthrough I'll take a break...it just has something magical about it.

My housemate and I put up a bookshelf last night. Lots of manly stuff, poring over instructions, playing with the drill.

It should only have taken about half an hour but in the end it took two and a half hours and I'm pleased to say it rivals the radio towers in Far Cry for safety and stability. Never have I seen a free standing object sway so gracefully in a breeze.

Having not played Far Cry I'm glad you added that last sentence.

Welcome Lunch Box!

Top Bottom