• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Why wouldn't you want the country to have more non white people? White people are the worst.

Not to mention ukip is more focused on limiting white immigration. Officially at least.

Symphonia

Banned
Funny thing is my parents are trying to vote UKIP. My mother has a known condition which gives her weak bones. I tried to explain how fucking stupid it is to vote for them. But they said they don't want the country full of pakis and niggers as they clutter up hospitals and schools.
That's racist.

Why wouldn't you want the country to have more non white people? White people are the worst.
THAT'S RACIST!

It's a good start to the day.

banofypie

Banned
Funny thing is my parents are trying to vote UKIP. My mother has a known condition which gives her weak bones. I tried to explain how fucking stupid it is to vote for them. But they said they don't want the country full of pakis and niggers as they clutter up hospitals and schools.

:/

i think the funniest thing about that is that i've never had a doctor that hasn't had a heavy foreign accent

i dare say i wouldn't trust a white doctor

Vashetti

Banned

Not to mention ukip is more focused on limiting white immigration. Officially at least.

inIMOJH.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
Surely a side effect of decreased immigration by leaving the EU or whatever these crazy fucks are trying to accomplish would conversely mean decreased emigration and the lobster skinned permadrunks of the Costa Bravado needing to return to knife crime island? I'd bet almost none of them are naturalised or carrying permits.

Surely a side effect of decreased immigration by leaving the EU or whatever these crazy fucks are trying to accomplish would conversely mean decreased emigration and the lobster skinned permadrunks of the Costa Bravado needing to return to knife crime island? I'd bet almost none of them are naturalised or carrying permits.

Yeah I bet those countries really resent wealthy working class Brits buying all those villas, not speaking the lingo and asking for fry ups.

banofypie

Banned
everyone from the north is working class anyway

get rid of the immigrants or the nhs and you'll be stuck struggling to pay for white doctors

it's cheap labour in the best of ways

banofypie

Banned
I'm green so I'm voting labour

Right

Green aren't getting anywhere so it's a tactical move. I'm Labour/Lib Dem as fuck but I'm pretty aware that Labour's the best bet of getting Cameron the fuck out of number 10. Even if I agreed more with Lib Dems, Labour.

Got Labour, and then Green in second.

I don't think Milliband would make a good PM tho :|

He'd be like BoJo but for the country, and less of a scumbag cunt.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm green as well but voting labour as I'm determined to get that fucking lizard and his cunts out.

...and replacing him with a Nick Park animation reject? Fuck that. Both of them are cunts; only one of them won't be laughed at hysterically whenever they enter a room.

Vashetti

Banned
Green aren't getting anywhere so it's a tactical move. I'm Labour/Lib Dem as fuck but I'm pretty aware that Labour's the best bet of getting Cameron the fuck out of number 10. Even if I agreed more with Lib Dems, Labour.

He'd be like BoJo but for the country, and less of a scumbag cunt.

Now you've convinced me to vote Labour to get Cameron out.

NinjaBoiX

I've never voted, seems like pissing in the wind to me.

I find it best to try and ignore politics as much as possible, it's bad for your constitution.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Woof, that's heavy. I got a 40/40 split between Green and Labour. 20% Cons.

At least I'm consistent.

I've never voted, seems like pissing in the wind to me.

I find it best to try and ignore politics as much as possible, it's bad for your constitution.

EYOOO!

Normally, I'd agree, but I really, really don't want a party like UKIP in power fucking everything up for the next four years.

Wow that survey is very long. I may complete it later tonight. It would be interesting to see how it perceives me.

It's good because rather than giving you a "strongly agree/disagree" statement you pick from an anonymous list. People are less able to exaggerate their political stance so that they achieve a result they are pleased with.

i'm out of the fucking country should ukip somehow get in. some of those policies literally drip with hatred for immigrants and the poor, haha.

anyway, green for me and labour in second place. i used to vote lib. dems so i'm used to throwing my vote away.

Volotaire

BritGAF. I have some flat issues with respect to cleaning allocation and sharing the cleaning responsibilities with my flatmates. In terms of motivations, my flatmates do not care about cleaning any part of the house unless it gets really dirty/smelly (even then it's hard to motivate them). Hence one of their rooms are littered with foodboxes/bags and non-vacuumed for months. It's not their rooms I'm worried about, since that is their responsibility.

It's the communal resources we use (bathroom, kitchen, communal area). At the moment and throughout the academic year, I am the only one cleaning small messes to prevent them becoming bigger and unhygienic (this will include the more unsanitary stuff like the bathroom). They will help out if ask them to take out the rubbish or they make a large spill themselves. It's not that I want to have to have a constantly spotless flat, it's just getting basic messes cleaner and spending less time cleaning communal areas which are shared.

We have been good at keeping a tab of purchase made with each other by creating a tab on how much each owes each other for an easy one time capital flow.

So I though the only way to motivate them would be
a) create a tab of cleaning duties per week to be shared equally between us.
b) create an incentive for them to be complete i.e. a small fine to be shared by the other flatmates if it wasn't completed.

At the moment, they do not seem at all keen on the idea, which I understand from the incentivisation policy but disagree fully from the sharing idea.

How do I solve this? Am I being too harsh and dictatorial?

Vashetti

Banned
BritGAF. I have some flat issues with respect to cleaning allocation and sharing the cleaning responsibilities with my flatmates. In terms of motivations, my flatmates do not care about cleaning any part of the house unless it gets really dirty/smelly (even then it's hard to motivate them). Hence one of their rooms are littered with foodboxes/bags and non-vacuumed for months. It's not their rooms I'm worried about, since that is their responsibility.

It's the communal resources we use (bathroom, kitchen, communal area). At the moment and throughout the academic year, I am the only one cleaning small messes to prevent them becoming bigger and unhygienic (this will include the more unsanitary stuff like the bathroom). They will help out if ask them to take out the rubbish or they make a large spill themselves. It's not that I want to have to have a constantly spotless flat, it's just getting basic messes cleaner and spending less time cleaning communal areas which are shared.

We have been good at keeping a tab of purchase made with each other by creating a tab on how much each owes each other for an easy one time capital flow.

b) create an incentive for them to be complete i.e. a small fine to be shared by the other flatmates if it wasn't completed.

At the moment, they do not seem at all keen on the idea, which I understand from the incentivisation policy but disagree fully from the sharing idea.

How do I solve this? Am I being too harsh and dictatorial?

Not at all, I would be exactly the same. Can't stand when people don't pull their weight.

Not nice to hear, but they've probably seen you clean up after them for so long that they've come to expect it and now just take you for granted, which is probably why they're not keen on that system you proposed.

Might be worth sitting everyone down for a chat and saying that you feel fed up and a little exploited, and that you would really appreciate if everyone started pulling their weight a little more.

Volotaire

Not at all, I would be exactly the same. Can't stand when people don't pull their weight.

Not nice to hear, but they've probably seen you clean up after them for so long that they've come to expect it and now just take you for granted, which is probably why they're not keen on that system you proposed.

Might be worth sitting everyone down for a chat and saying that you feel fed up and a little exploited, and that you would really appreciate if everyone started pulling their weight a little more.

Going to be chatting with them today/tomorrow. It's just an infuriating situation with friends that I though could be easy to solve.

One thing I'd say on point b is that you're not actually incentivising them to clean, you're punishing them for not cleaning. I don't know what you could do as an alternative, though, having a clean place to live in should really be incentive enough but some people are just fucking useless at being decent people.

You need to get them all to appreciate the need to clean, really, so that if someone doesn't pull their weight then it's everyone against them, rather than just you against everyone as it is now because that's a losing battle.

Volotaire

One thing I'd say on point b is that you're not actually incentivising them to clean, you're punishing them for not cleaning. I don't know what you could do as an alternative, though, having a clean place to live in should really be incentive enough but some people are just fucking useless at being decent people.

You need to get them all to appreciate the need to clean, really, so that if someone doesn't pull their weight then it's everyone against them, rather than just you against everyone as it is now because that's a losing battle.

That's a different way of interpreting the fine policy. Thanks for that. It's just ballooned some ideas in my head of positive incentivisation policies that I could consult them with.

Thanks again people!

Mikeside

If Millibland gets in then we're worse off than we are now with Cameron.
I don't love the Tories, but I'll take them over whatever the fuck has been going on with Labour the past couple of decades.

I'll be voting Green.

Volotaire

Who on earth maps the spin jump to a shake on the wii remote in NSMBU? I'm trying to get all the star coins but it is now infinitely harder in some places where I have to shake.

Top Bottom