• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Welcome Lunch Box!

Thanks Sploatee!

Time to be controversial already... Put the DS down now *Insert Arnie voice*

Honestly, SotC and Ico has to be two of my favourite games that I have played, you wont regret holding off on DS once you start playing them.

NG+ will still be there waiting for you in a couple of weeks or so.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm going to have lots of fun wishing I could play it more. Usually I nuke these games and finish them in a week, but I'm pretty sure I'm only going to have time to play it in short bursts.

Stupid priorities.
I'm usually pretty restricted, but the next few weeks are pretty dry where work is concerned. That's a good and bad thing. Luckily for me, I have enough money saved up to cover the time where I have no work coming in. This gives me more than enough time to get comfortable with Bloodborne.

Reknoc

Not feeling the Bloodborne hype yet. I'll probably still pick it up but ehhhhhhh. It's my burfday in 2 weeks and I'm thinking of getting myself a flight stick and elite dangerous which I'm more hyped about.

NinjaBoiX

Anything that involves putting on a voice which is not your natural singing voice.
What makes you think she was putting on a voice?

Also, regardless of your opinion of her vocal ability, she was a fantastic songwriter and by all accounts a wonderful (if a bit messed up) human being. Sorely missed that lady.
I can make myself sound like Winehouse by putting on the same voice.
lol, righto.
Two words: Mike Patton. ;)
Haha, exactly, and she loves FNM.

You can definitely go wrong with a sausage roll. Just go to greggs, you'll get a lukewarm slice of grey greasy goodness. Like a dead man's finger, mummified in pastry.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Also, regardless of your opinion of her vocal ability, she was a fantastic songwriter and by all accounts a wonderful (if a bit messed up) human being. Sorely missed that lady.

lol, righto.

You're being a bit of a dick, dude. She's entitled to her opinion.

Thanks Sploatee!

Time to be controversial already... Put the DS down now *Insert Arnie voice*

Honestly, SotC and Ico has to be two of my favourite games that I have played, you wont regret holding off on DS once you start playing them.

NG+ will still be there waiting for you in a couple of weeks or so.

Hahaha! I will try, I promise! I promise to try! I will try!

Symphonia

Banned
You can definitely go wrong with a sausage roll. Just go to greggs, you'll get a lukewarm slice of grey greasy goodness. Like a dead man's finger, mummified in pastry.
The prices they charge for them are almost as bad as the sausage rolls themselves.
Yet I'll happily hand over 70p for one.

NinjaBoiX

How's that?

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, just asking why she assumed Winehouse's voice was put on.

And pointing out that the lead singer of one of her favourite bands made a career out of doing exactly that.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
How's that?

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, just asking why she assumed Winehouse's voice was put on.

And pointing out that the lead singer of one of her favourite bands made a career out of doing exactly that.

'lol righto'. She doesn't like Winehouse. Why does it matter? What are you trying to prove?

The_Poet

Banned
I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls 2 recently, I want to finally finish it and never look back.

The final areas (the shrine thingy and undead crypt) are such a massive slog to get through. There are spellcasters dotted throughout who target you from miles away with homing projectiles, making melee combat a death wish, and ranged combat is so boring, I spend half an hour with every death poking the spellcasters with arrows and hiding behind pillars. These areas are the antithesis of the fun, rewarding combat I want from a Souls game.

NinjaBoiX

'lol righto'. She doesn't like Winehouse. Why does it matter? What are you trying to prove?
I'm not trying to prove anything, I just found the suggestion that such a unique and capable voice was simply hollow theatrics that could be easily emulated laughable.

Musha is a very talented vocalist, I've said as much before, it wasn't a slight on her ability.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls 2 recently, I want to finally finish it and never look back.

The final areas (the shrine thingy and undead crypt) are such a massive slog to get through. There are spellcasters dotted throughout who target you from miles away with homing projectiles, making melee combat a death wish, and ranged combat is so boring, I spend half an hour with every death poking the spellcasters with arrows and hiding behind pillars. These areas are the antithesis of the fun, rewarding combat I want from a Souls game.

I got to the drangleic castle on my play through of DS2 then kinda just stopped playing... Meh

I guess I just don't get the massive appeal of these games. They're good don't get me wrong, and they're fun for a while but still I'll never be one of those people on NG++++++++. To each their own.

Stick me on the Normandy any day.

Sigh, not that I should have to vindicate myself because I have no idea how a discussion on music turned into a personal attack on me and my opinions, but....,

Two words: Mike Patton. ;)

Mike Patton is a god and musical genius. Yes he employs certain types of fake singing, as do many other singers I like. What I said in regards to Winehouse was I didn't like that style of fake singing, as in that particular style she employed, specific to her and a few other singers like Duffy.

lol, righto.

I don't think she was putting on a voice, I know she was putting on a voice. For many reasons. No one actually sings like that naturally. Also I don't think her songs were that great, again personal opinion, no one is right or wrong here it all just comes down to taste. And I didn't know her personally so I can't comment on her as a person, but going by what was written about her she sounded like a bit of a dick.

Also I did caveat saying I could sing like her by pointing out that I can't actually sing just like her, but in the same style, but you chose not to quote that part.

Hahaha! I will try, I promise! I promise to try! I will try!

I love you sploat :)

How's that?

Again, not assuming. And you didn't point it out, Meat did. And he didn't make a career out of sounding like Winehouse.

So can we just leave this be now? Everyone likes different things and that's awesome. Just because someone doesn't like a particular artist doesn't mean they're wrong, it's just a difference of opinion. How boring would the world be if there was only one type of music?

RiggyRob

Sunless Sea is weird and hard, can never seem to make enough money to cover the fuel and supply costs, never mind doing anything else.

banofypie

Banned
Dark Souls 2 peaks after the crypt area then just DROPS. Dark Souls peaks at O&S then DROPS.

So many people argue to me that 2 gets better after that, but I don't buy it. The castle area is cool as fuck but after that it's a bit ehhh.

Bloodborne is going to do the same and I'll be okay with it. 2.6GB day 1 patch though. That's comical.

Reknoc

-_-" The SPACE Normady. Mass Effect Boi.

Wow, Mass Effect must have got weird after the 2nd one (or during the 2nd one since I gave up on it).

Dark Souls 2 peaks after the crypt area then just DROPS. Dark Souls peaks at O&S then DROPS.

So many people argue to me that 2 gets better after that, but I don't buy it. The castle area is cool as fuck but after that it's a bit ehhh.

Bloodborne is going to do the same and I'll be okay with it. 2.6GB day 1 patch though. That's comical.

Still half of Wolfensteins day one patch for like, polish audio or something ridiculous.

NinjaBoiX

Sorry if my posts came across as a personal attack Mush, that wasn't my intention! As you say, opinions are like arseholes innit, we all like some music that others find terrible. Even peeps like Jed and sploatee that I usually share a great deal of common musical interests with occasionally throw me a curveball, I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

I've heard you sing on record and in person and you have an excellent voice, I can just think of very few artists that would be harder to emulate than Amy Winehouse. Love or hate her style, it was incredibly unique. (I appreciate that you added the "not exactly" caveat.)

And yeah, Duffy's voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me too, so shrill and nasal.

Also, welcome Lunch_Box_!

(Lunchbox alt?)

Symphonia

Banned
So can we just leave this be now? Everyone likes different things and that's awesome. Just because someone doesn't like a particular artist doesn't mean they're wrong, it's just a difference of opinion. How boring would the world be if there was only one type of music?
Exactly this. I like the fact that different people enjoy different types of music. I respect their opinions on the music they listen to. I love having a debate about the different genres of music people have on their iPod.

It just gets a bit much, however, when Person A is judging Person B solely on their musical preferences, to the point that A is trying to shove 'suggestions' down B's throat. If you don't like B's taste in music, great, that's cool, but nobody is forcing you to listen to it. Let B enjoy their music, and you go and enjoy your own.

Gawd.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Patton is a god and musical genius. Yes he employs certain types of fake singing, as do many other singers I like. What I said in regards to Winehouse was I didn't like that style of fake singing, as in that particular style she employed, specific to her and a few other singers like Duffy.

I was teasing! Didn't you see the ";)" ?

And you didn't point it out, Meat did. And he didn't make a career out of sounding like Winehouse.

This is correct, I most definitely did not make a career out of sounding like Miss Winehouse.

Oh, wait... that's not what you meant is it? :D

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I refuse to believe that Liverpool are losing to Man U. I'm either having a nightmare or some sick, twisted fuck has come up with a weird TV drama where events as harrowing as this occur.

Either option is horrifying.

I wish I'd put money on it.
Gerrards 38 second red was beautiful

more importantly Chelsea and hull

lel

NinjaBoiX

There was a single scouser watching the footy at the pub yesterday, he got tortured.

Also:

tumblr_ngreeoDvke1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Also, Shorty, check out some Murs bro, I reckon it'll tickle your tache. More so than Olly at the very least.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Do you really think DS gets that bad? Maybe I'm just infatuated with the art design but I love some of the environments. I like the Tomb of the Giants and,yes, Lost Izalith. I actually like Lost Izalith.

i think we should ban music.

scott for president! who's with me?

the masterchief collection had a 20+gb patch, haha. yayy game industry!

Can we ban everything? If so you can have my vote.

Mint.

"'Cause everybody in the house came to watch what we do,
Since your rhymes are as fly as a fuckin' Emu,
So even if I only make MTV2,
It's better than me stuck in a rut being you,"

"Fly as a fuckin' Emu", lol.

Murs - The Scuffle

I'll have a listen later! Are you still anti-Kendrick?

Seriously, I was the toast of Soho for one beautiful week in 2010.

I remember that week! I recall being very gender confused. Hang on a minute. That's every week! Boom cha!

So I'm the only one that likes Rap and Greggs sausage rolls... I'll see myself out.

With you on rap.

But not on sausage rolls.

Top Bottom