• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
HEATHEN.

Really though my favourite area in the game is the Archives, but Tomb of Giants, Lost Izalith, and ESPECIALLY Banshee Land are so irritating.

Banshee Land = New Londo?

No way! New Londo might be my favourite of all of the areas. I love the lore and colour scheme. Also
draining the water to reveal piles of corpses, Ingward standing watch, the Abyss and Four Kings, the mass of souls...

why do they irritate you? They each have at least one moment which made me go "oooo" quickly followed by "hell no".

lol the UK politics thread is the only place on the whole forum you can see conservatives that aren't hiding. Das ist verboten everywhere else on GAF. Lots of labour bashing in there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I know one is meant to vote for the local MP and not the leader of the party, but Ed Miliband really does put me off from voting Labour.

NinjaBoiX

Sploatee, I just don't really like Kendrick's voice, but he's a decent rapper and the production is usually pretty good. Love his latest album title too, "To Pimp A Butterfly", lol.

Just joined the doctor's surgery, now I'm doing some food shopping. That unemployed life.

(I don't know how people do this shit long term.)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I looked at that thread but there were serious people having discussions that involved thinking posts through before posting. I can't do that at work. My proper thoughts are saved for my actual work. You guys get the dross after my brain bounces back from a period of concentration. Sorry n'all. That sounds a bit bitter and mean but I think I'm just scared of zomg and psychotext :)

Also, if I had to choose between realistic conservatives and idealistic tree huggers, it's always gonna be the tree huggers. I like trees and I like hugging things.

Bowen have you tried any of the Kendrick songs where he uses his deeper voice? He takes on so many personas.

Mikeside

Don't you think that being an anything (tory, labour,etc) politically is just admitting that you're giving up the chance to think for yourself and adapt to what you really think is best at the time.

Seems silly to me.

NinjaBoiX

Murs - Def Cover

"There's only do and do not, there is no try,
It's in the Midichlorian for true a Jedi,
You was scared to come to shows cause they let the lead fly,
Now you have no heart, no soul, no funk,
And it's 187 on you underground punks,"

Bowen have you tried any of the Kendrick songs where he uses his deeper voice? He takes on so many personas.
Link a brother up mane!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Murs - Def Cover

"There's only do and do not, there is no try,
It's in the Midichlorian for true a Jedi,
You was scared to come to shows cause they let the lead fly,
Now you have no heart, no soul, no funk,
And it's 187 on you underground punks,"

Link a brother up mane!

I'm no good at this techno business

Songs to try - Ronald Reagan Era, The Blacker The Berry, King Kunte, Money Trees, Sing For Me (amazing song).

Shorty might have better recommendations. He's really an album guy.

---

I'm playing a game called VVVVVV on the 3ds. It's really good.

Re: uk poligaf

Its not bad, there are some loud voices in there but in general you have a good standard of discussion. Its politics, there will always be an element of contension. I'd rather the thread had a bit of bickering backed up (often but not always) with sources than one way traffic strawmen. I could go literally anywhere else to hear how the tories are cackling villains who like to stamp on baby owls.

The guys in there who post polling data are good posters and generally I find the thread very useful for news and discussion in one place.

Spookie

I'll extend the same offer in here as I did to PoEGAF.

Pillars of Eternity using the backers offer for $25. If you send it via paypal I'll get you a key for launch.

Reknoc

I'm giving up on Mon Hun. I'm about 20 hours in and it's just not grabbed me. I'll probably take it to GAME and trade it in for eshop credit.

That's a shame, I've put 70 hours into it so far but taking a break as it's getting a bit too rough for me so I'm moving onto things I ignored in favour of it (Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus). 20 hours is certainly enough time though, definitely should have fought a few big monsters by then so yeah, if it's not grabbing you it's probably worth trading it in.

Also if you like VVVVV (fuck Veni Vidi Vici) then try Super Hexagon out, it's not a like at all lol but it is made by the same guy.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
I'm giving up on Mon Hun. I'm about 20 hours in and it's just not grabbed me. I'll probably take it to GAME and trade it in for eshop credit.

Same happened with me with Mon Hun 3. Admittedly I haven't dabbled too much in the on-line aspect of it, teaming up with people etc but still.

I can't trade mine in as it came pre downloaded on my DS -_-

Can anyone suggest any good DS games? I'm thinking of trying Bravery Default.

Reknoc

Same happened with me with Mon Hun 3. Admittedly I haven't dabbled too much in the on-line aspect of it, teaming up with people etc but still.

Senran Kagura Burst

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

What else would you do with it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31966686

Get excited! At 2PM, the desktop version of the BBC News website will switch to a new design.

It's like basically all website redesigns in the last few years. Make everything bigger so tablet users can see it, which means desktop users get to see about five lines of text at a time despite being on a fucking computer.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's a shame, I've put 70 hours into it so far but taking a break as it's getting a bit too rough for me so I'm moving onto things I ignored in favour of it (Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus). 20 hours is certainly enough time though, definitely should have fought a few big monsters by then so yeah, if it's not grabbing you it's probably worth trading it in.

Also if you like VVVVV (fuck Veni Vidi Vici) then try Super Hexagon out, it's not a like at all lol but it is made by the same guy.

Yeah, a bit disappointed. I can see all of the things that might hook people, they just haven't hooked me. Do you like I'd like Ace Combat? Senran Kagura's definitely not my thing.

I've played Super Hexagon. Or, more accurately, Super Hexagon played me. Amazing music, though.

I loved Maverick Bird too but sadly it's only available in a browser.

See above! VVVVVV. I think the best game on the 3DS is probably Shovel Knight. Which reminds me....

Has anyone tried it on the 3DS? How does it compare to the Wii U version? Id like to get it for the coach down to London.

Reknoc

Yeah, a bit disappointed. I can see all of the things that might hook people, they just haven't hooked me. Do you like I'd like Ace Combat? Senran Kagura's definitely not my thing.

I've played Super Hexagon. Or, more accurately, Super Hexagon played me. Amazing music, though.

I loved Maverick Bird too but sadly it's only available in a browser.

Yea, I've only played 2 other Ace Combat games; the F2P one which is fun but a massive chore to get into a proper game plus the stamina system is bullshit and 6 on the 360, so I'm not massively knowledgeable about the series. It's fun though, especially if you're in the mood for an arcadey flight combat game. TBH I only bought it because I had some Amiibos and it has some support for them.

edit: wait your typo confused me. I dunno, it depends on if you want an arcadey flight combat game, it supports the 2nd stick on the n3DS though, so there's that?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yea, I've only played 2 other Ace Combat games; the F2P one which is fun but a massive chore to get into a proper game plus the stamina system is bullshit and 6 on the 360, so I'm not massively knowledgeable about the series. It's fun though, especially if you're in the mood for an arcadey flight combat game. TBH I only bought it because I had some Amiibos and it has some support for them.

edit: wait your typo confused me. I dunno, it depends on if you want an arcadey flight combat game, it supports the 2nd stick on the n3DS though, so there's that?

I might have a look at some footage later. I just wanted something quick to play inbetween New Art Academy (ooo get me). GAME will give me 20 for Mon Hun so I'll probably trade it towards an eshop voucher.

Reknoc

I might have a look at some footage later. I just wanted something quick to play inbetween New Art Academy (ooo get me). GAME will give me 20 for Mon Hun so I'll probably trade it towards an eshop voucher.

Good stuff. If you're browsing the eshop check out Umehara Kiwase (or something like that). I think that might be up your alley. It's a sort of puzzle platformer based on grappling hooks.

What's that thing called where you dread something you're obligated to do but in the end it turns out to be fine. But the next day you still dread it despite knowing its going to be fine?

In case it isn't obvious I'm talking about muh job. I can't make up my mind about it. Its kinda stressful at times if there's a lot going on. I don't like the way my breaks and so on are timed to the second. I understand why, that's time I could be taking calls but it doesn't make me feel at ease. On the other hand, I'm apparently quite good at what I'm doing, it has supposedly taken half the time for me to get taking calls as is normal for new people in training. I also like the people I work with a lot.

Whats giving me more uncertainty is I've made it to interview phase on an application I made before I started my current job. If I'm offered this new job I get paid more, will save a fair bit of money on travel expenses and I'll be doing admin stuff which I'm more at home with.

If I do have a choice in the end I'll have to think carefully.

What's that thing called where you dread something you're obligated to do but in the end it turns out to be fine. But the next day you still dread it despite knowing its going to be fine?

In case it isn't obvious I'm talking about muh job. I can't make up my mind about it. Its kinda stressful at times if there's a lot going on. I don't like the way my breaks and so on are timed to the second. I understand why, that's time I could be taking calls but it doesn't make me feel at ease. On the other hand, I'm apparently quite good at what I'm doing, it has supposedly taken half the time for me to get taking calls as is normal for new people in training. I also like the people I work with a lot.

Whats giving me more uncertainty is I've made it to interview phase on an application I made before I started my current job. If I'm offered this new job I get paid more, will save a fair bit of money on travel expenses and I'll be doing admin stuff which I'm more at home with.

If I do have a choice in the end I'll have to think carefully.

It doesn't sound like much of a choice, really. Why wouldn't you take the job you want more? Keep in touch with the people you like from where you are now (you know their phone number, after all.)

Symphonia

Banned
Dapper, what kind of call centre work do you do? Is it commission based at all? If so, that's one thing you should factor in to the equation about which job you choose to take.

Dapper, what kind of call centre work do you do? Is it commission based at all? If so, that's one thing you should factor in to the equation about which job you choose to take.

Not at my level I don't think. There's no harm in me going to this interview at which point I'll be able to ascertain certain important details and if I decide to change I'll have a sit down discussion with my bosses about it.

lol the UK politics thread is the only place on the whole forum you can see conservatives that aren't hiding. Das ist verboten everywhere else on GAF. Lots of labour bashing in there.

I never hide.

Sounds like a wager, to me.

Who'll take him up on it...?

My bloke has done this before, and would do it again.

Boolean algebra is such a cunt, GAHHHH

Wait, when did your name change again?

Top Bottom