• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Hey, ninj, you still off to Sleater-Kinney tonight? I should see you there!

(Does he even post here any more? Man I fell out of here big time.)

NinjaBoiX

Hey, ninj, you still off to Sleater-Kinney tonight? I should see you there!

(Does he even post here any more? Man I fell out of here big time.)
No mate, I kind of forgot they were playing to be honest. I'm going to see Lucy Rose at Gorilla tonight. I probably couldn't afford another gig anyway, got Lee Scratch Perry next week too!

Have a good time though fella, review tomorrow innit.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Don't say things like that. A life without Barlow's silky-smooth tones is a life not worth living.

I just couldn't imagine biting his arms. Which means he is not a suitable mate for me. I have no comment on his music.

I'm really feeling a lot of love for my 3DS. It's so stubby and cute. Things look nice on the smaller screen and I like the 3D too. Poor Vita. I used to love you Vita! I stuck by you when you went through the menopause and changed from OLED to LCD! I even let you experiment with different colours :-(

SKINNER!

Banned
Poor Vita. I used to love you Vita! I stuck by you when you went through the menopause and changed from OLED to LCD! I even let you experiment with different colours :-(

107bHjT.gif

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
This may be because I've never used one but I really don't see the point in getting a Vita. Nintendo have always dominated the handheld market it just seems silly to really compete against it.

To each their own.

Then again FFX HD on the toilet and PS4 remote play... yes pls

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I might consider getting a Vita. They should bring the white models over first though.

I have a white and lime green one. But I regret selling my OLED. Poor OLED Jones (sorry!).

-

Lunch, it's a nice console but like Reknoc says if you're not a fan of anime / JRPGs / VNs the catalogue is really beginning to dry up imo. But I've had a Vita since 2013 and it was my only console for a long time so I whizzed through a lot of the games.

The_Poet

Banned
I have a white and lime green one. But I regret selling my OLED. Poor OLED Jones (sorry!).

-

Lunch, it's a nice console but like Reknoc says if you're not a fan of anime / JRPGs / VNs the catalogue is really beginning to dry up imo. But I've had a Vita since 2013 and it was my only console for a long time so I whizzed through a lot of the games.

Just realised my neice has a vita she never plays.

Might have to commandeer it for a few games I've been meaning to play

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member

Count me in if there is a Ganguro Girl port... Hurr Hurr

No mate, I kind of forgot they were playing to be honest. I'm going to see Lucy Rose at Gorilla tonight. I probably couldn't afford another gig anyway, got Lee Scratch Perry next week too!

Have a good time though fella, review tomorrow innit.

Fair dos, have fun yourself :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just realised my neice has a vita she never plays.

Might have to commandeer it for a few games I've been meaning to play

Doooo ittttt. If you were Manc based I'd prob lend you mine. Poor little dude just sitting there with his blue light blinking like "why you no like me no more :-("

Or hip hop reference for shorty and Ninj - "why you no buy me reeboks no more?"

Count me in if there is a Ganguro Girl port... Hurr Hurr

Don't know what that is. Not going to google it.

banofypie

Banned
Writing a dissertation about how Japanese a pair of novels are is probably telling of my character and I'm worried I'm slowly turning into one of them wee-a-boes.

Everything and everyone dies at some point. Some day even Gary Barlow will die and presumably something will eat him.

oh god, think of all the work some accountant will have to do to hide the inheritance from the tax man.

today i found my inner 12 year old and went to nandos and watched DIVERGENCE SERIES EPISODE 2: A NEW MOON MOCKINGJAY INSURGENT at ye olde imax megaplex ultravision.

had the whole screen to ourselves, it was a lovely day though i am now deaf.

The_Poet

Banned
Doooo ittttt. If you were Manc based I'd prob lend you mine. Poor little dude just sitting there with his blue light blinking like "why you no like me no more :-("

Very kind, I wanna give persona 4 a go, will almost certainly never finish it, just want to see what all the hype is about

30 Rock is incredible. If you like it, give Kimmy Schmidt a go - also from Tina Fey (though I'd say it's got a long way to go before it'll match up to 30 Rock's heights)

we've gone the other way around, watched unbreakable first and very much enjoyed it so we gave 30 rock a go and (do do do dee do) we're loving it.

Saw this on Netflix the other day, but am yet to watch it. What sort of shows is it similar to?

as a-side-of-mike said above, unbreakable is by the same writer/producer and has a similar amount of absurdity to it. a larger ensemble cast too, which helps. i'm sure you'll like it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
30 Rock is incredible. If you like it, give Kimmy Schmidt a go - also from Tina Fey (though I'd say it's got a long way to go before it'll match up to 30 Rock's heights)

Have to echo this. 30 Rock is a classic comedy but it doesn't start strongly - many of the characters take time to bed in and to find he balance of the ensemble.

Check out mean girls too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Have to echo this. 30 Rock is a classic comedy but it doesn't start strongly - many of the characters take time to bed in and to find he balance of the ensemble.

Check out mean girls too.

Stop trying to make fetch happen. Mean Girls is amazing.

Has anyone here seen Bridesmaids?

Annie: "Whatever you say, Stove."
Flight Attendant Steve: "Steve."
Annie: "Stove, what kind of name is that?"
Flight Attendant Steve: "That's not a name - my name is Steve."
Annie: "Are you an appliance?"
Flight Attendant Steve: "No I'm a man."
Annie: "You're a flight attendant."
Flight Attendant Steve: "That's absolutely accurate."

Qasiel

Stop trying to make fetch happen. Mean Girls is amazing.

Has anyone here seen Bridesmaids?

Annie: "Whatever you say, Stove."
Flight Attendant Steve: "Steve."
Annie: "Stove, what kind of name is that?"
Flight Attendant Steve: "That's not a name - my name is Steve."
Annie: "Are you an appliance?"
Flight Attendant Steve: "No I'm a man."
Annie: "You're a flight attendant."
Flight Attendant Steve: "That's absolutely accurate."

I thought Bridesmaids was an awful, awful film.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
With all this 30 Rock talk, what does everyone think about the show 'Community'? Loads of my friends love it but it hasn't quite gripped me yet.

Still reeling from the shock of how damn good Sleater-Kinney were. Corin has some hilarious dance moves.
my girlfriend and i are fuming we only realised they were in manchester when it was too late.

With all this 30 Rock talk, what does everyone think about the show 'Community'? Loads of my friends love it but it hasn't quite gripped me yet.
community is really, really good though later seasons are hit and miss moreso than other sitcoms because of its development problems (showrunner being fired, cast leaving, lowering budgets etc.). it is better than its obnoxious fanbase would suggest, though it is very self-aware and 'meta' which may irritate some.

SKINNER!

Banned

Season 1 and 2 of Community are damn near perfect. 3 has its flaws but some episodes shine really bright (1 episode in particular is perhaps the best Community ever). 4 is just gash and - with certain cast favourites missing - season 5 just felt lacklustre. So far, first 2 eps of S6 looks promising but we'll see.

Fun fact: Kentpaul was the reason I started watching Community.

Adam Sandler is going to ruin videogames.

Notice how his face is not plastered on the posters? Sony obviously didn't want us to think this was just "another Sandler movie". Those conniving suits.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Season 1 and 2 of Community are damn near perfect. 3 has its flaws but some episodes shine really bright (1 episode in particular is perhaps the best Community ever). 4 is just gash and - with certain cast favourites missing - season 5 just felt lacklustre. So far, first 2 eps of S6 looks promising but we'll see.

lol... Gash. Haven't heard that in years. I have the say the paint ball episode at the end of season 1 was fantastic. Guess I'll need to give it more of a chance when watching season 2.

banofypie

Banned
Finished Dark Souls 2 last night.

No idea what the plot is. but there's some cool moments towards the end

Drangleic was at war with the giants. Vendrick won but took an artefact with him for Nashandra that caused the giants to invade THEM afterwards, causing the downfall of Drangleic and Vendrick became hollowed. Nashandra essentially used Vendrick in order to get this to happen so she could take the throne, and by guiding you through the last half of the game, you open up the path to the throne and then take it yourself. Or some shit. There's way more to it in terms of the lore, but the basics of the game's actual plot are, well, basic.

SKINNER!

Banned
lol... Gash. Haven't heard that in years. I have the say the paint ball episode at the end of season 1 was fantastic. Guess I'll need to give it more of a chance when watching season 2.

At least watch it until episode 17 of S3. If you want more then proceed, if not then you've mostly seen everything that the show has to offer.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I thought Bridesmaids was an awful, awful film.

It could've been the female equivalent of The Hangover, but instead it ended up being the female equivalent of The Hangover Part 3. Gross out comedies just aren't what they used to be.

You're both wrong.

Still reeling from the shock of how damn good Sleater-Kinney were. Corin has some hilarious dance moves.

Glad you enjoyed!

They were amazing last time I saw them. And by amazing I mean "incredible and one of the best bands I've ever seen perform".

Did Carrie do any high kicks? I bet Janet's drums sounded HUGE.

Top Bottom