• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

banofypie

Banned
Banshee Land = New Londo?

No way! New Londo might be my favourite of all of the areas. I love the lore and colour scheme. Also
draining the water to reveal piles of corpses, Ingward standing watch, the Abyss and Four Kings, the mass of souls...

why do they irritate you? They each have at least one moment which made me go "oooo" quickly followed by "hell no".

Banshee Land: The banshees of Banshee Land
Lost Izalith: The dinosaurs and the boss.
Duke's Archives: I LOVE THIS AREA ESPECIALLY THE FREAKY BLUE DUDES
Tomb of Giants: It's lovely and dark and oh my god that's a fucking skeletal dog beast what the hell why is it so aggressive i cant do anything no stop hitting me i need to run away oh god i fell into a pit oh but there is solid ground phew oh fuck more skeletal dogs okay shit shit fuck a bottomless pit

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Banshee Land: The banshees of Banshee Land
Lost Izalith: The dinosaurs and the boss.
Duke's Archives: I LOVE THIS AREA ESPECIALLY THE FREAKY BLUE DUDES
Tomb of Giants: It's lovely and dark and oh my god that's a fucking skeletal dog beast what the hell why is it so aggressive i cant do anything no stop hitting me i need to run away oh god i fell into a pit oh but there is solid ground phew oh fuck more skeletal dogs okay shit shit fuck a bottomless pit

Hahaha I loved that! I spent most of the Tomb of the Giants in terror.

Plus the ghosts in New Londo remind me of the ghosts at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark and that used to scare me too.

Are you using the dinosaurs as a bad thing? I thought it was amazing when I first walked into that area.

Duke's is probably my least favourite because of too much crystal stuff. Although I like the way Seath's chambers are mega crystallised.

Bloodborne streams actually look good. Tempted to break my strict game order!

Edit- zomg I haven't just been talking about The Finest Of All Games so please don't judge me.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Fuck, when not populated by morons, GTA v heists are fucking sensational. Just nailed the humane labs as the pilot, getting the platinum award. Feels amazing

Just had one of those random encounters with somebody using a mic on Battlefield Hardline. Spent a good hour and a half talking to a guy from Kansas about tornadoes and skiing.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Morning all. I bought Shovel Knight last night on the DS so I'm excited to give that a go, was meant to play it last night but got side tracked.

Did anyone else catch that Mafia show with Trevor McDonald last night on TV? Was actually pretty interesting. Very strange to think people actually lived the lifestyle that were so used to seeing in movies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Morning all. I bought Shovel Knight last night on the DS so I'm excited to give that a go, was meant to play it last night but got side tracked.

Did anyone else catch that Mafia show with Trevor McDonald last night on TV? Was actually pretty interesting. Very strange to think people actually lived the lifestyle that were so used to seeing in movies.

When I die, I hope it's Trevor MacDonald waiting for me at the gates: "Hello and welcome to Heaven."

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
He's our version of Morgan Freeman. Given the choice of Trevor MacDonald, Morgan Freeman or David Attenborough who would you choose to read you a bedtime story?

From those... I guess I would choose Christopher Walken.

tumblr_lyhp0dq3aG1qh59n0o4_250.gif

...I think I misunderstood the question.

The_Poet

Banned
I've started to look around for new jobs, specifically in or around London. I quite like my job at the moment but its the fact that I know pretty much no-one down here in Bournemouth, there are a few guys at work my age but we all live quite far apart.

I've found myself driving 2-3 hours to London most weekends to meet with friends who only have to take a 10 minute tube, its becoming exhausting (and expensive). Not to mention weekdays have become a bore besides going to the gym (which might be a good thing).

He's our version of Morgan Freeman. Given the choice of Trevor MacDonald, Morgan Freeman or David Attenborough who would you choose to read you a bedtime story?

Brian Blessed

I've started to look around for new jobs, specifically in or around London. I quite like my job at the moment but its the fact that I know pretty much no-one down here in Bournemouth, there are a few guys at work my age but we all live quite far apart.

I've found myself driving 2-3 hours to London most weekends to meet with friends who only have to take a 10 minute tube, its becoming exhausting (and expensive). Not to mention weekdays have become a bore besides going to the gym (which might be a good thing).

Plus you'll earn way more in London. Dooooo iiiiit.

The_Poet

Banned
Plus you'll earn way more in London. Dooooo iiiiit.

But paying more for rent, which I guess would be offset by saving in travel.

I was super sad last weekend, had planned to get a burrito from a place in town which had good reviews, had been looking forward to some Mexican goodness all week, but found out they closed down the day before :( I was devastated, I don't wanna taco 'bout it...

Jordan

Just a question for the IT guys.

What sort of salary is expected for a 1st/2nd line support role? I know location is key but just interested in a rough estimate.

The_Poet

Banned
The Queen reading a bedtime story would be magical
and arousing

Imagine all the corgis huddled around you as shes reading it.

But paying more for rent, which I guess would be offset by saving in travel.

I was super sad last weekend, had planned to get a burrito from a place in town which had good reviews, had been looking forward to some Mexican goodness all week, but found out they closed down the day before :( I was devastated, I don't wanna taco 'bout it...

Have you tried Benito's Hat?

Dammit now I want a burrito

NinjaBoiX

Actually screw Cerys Matthews, it'd be Björk. Her soft, dulcet tones, endearing mispronunciations and inevitable kooky elaborations on traditional fairytales would make for some epic dreams.

Speaking of which, I'm going to see Lucy Rose with Michelle tonight.

Yes, that...

x2NPJq8.jpg

...Michelle.

(We're all friends again now.)

Mikeside

Just a question for the IT guys.

What sort of salary is expected for a 1st/2nd line support role? I know location is key but just interested in a rough estimate.

Around 23 with your experience, I would guess but mate... Don't get into first line. You'll hate it.

Jordan

Around 23 with your experience, I would guess but mate... Don't get into first line. You'll hate it.

I'm doing a bit of both at the moment. I've had my appraisal and they want me to rewrite my job description and they will "evaluate" my pay. I just struggle quite a bit because there's a guy here who technically has the same job as me, but in their heads has a slightly different job and he's paid 5k more than me and he sits around playing Final Fantasy all fucking day - Yet I barely get to read my emails where I'm constantly doing shit that he's not done.

I think if I don't get my pay evaluated in the next two months I'm going to report him, because he's done nothing for 6 months and I'm picking up the pieces and taking all the shit for work being done late.

NinjaBoiX

By the way, hi Joan! Long time no see, I hope you're well.

Tell your colleague to sort his shit out mane, fuck carrying lazy bastards. You'll get no thanks or respect by just sitting back and taking it.

Jordan

Told him more than once to sort his shit out, he just doesn't and blames it in our manager. But no person is that thick that they're unable to comprehend using some common knowledge and actually doing some of the work.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
I'm doing a bit of both at the moment. I've had my appraisal and they want me to rewrite my job description and they will "evaluate" my pay. I just struggle quite a bit because there's a guy here who technically has the same job as me, but in their heads has a slightly different job and he's paid 5k more than me and he sits around playing Final Fantasy all fucking day - Yet I barely get to read my emails where I'm constantly doing shit that he's not done.

I think if I don't get my pay evaluated in the next two months I'm going to report him, because he's done nothing for 6 months and I'm picking up the pieces and taking all the shit for work being done late.

Sucks to hear man, nothing like the feeling of being under appreciated at work to help you get up in the morning.

If I were you I'd bring this to the attention of your team leader in a 1 to 1. Just explain exactly how your job roles don't differ too much and how you do more work but mainly focus on the pay gap between the two of you, the last thing you want is for this to turn into a he said she said scenario and just end up moaning to your tl about a colleague rather than making this all constructive.

Once you have raised your concerns about the pay gap between the two of you then at least you'll have some extra ammo to go into your review with.

Not too sure if this is helpful. Good luck.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Oh and Shovel Knight has AMAZING music. It's been in my head all day now.

Barburrito is the best thing about moving up north. Gimmie dat guac.

*gaf fist*

Even though it's steadily gotten more and more expensive it's still the best. We have Changos across the road from our office and although it's a bit cheaper and still tasty, it's just no Barburrito.

By the way, hi Joan! Long time no see, I hope you're well.

Tell your colleague to sort his shit out mane, fuck carrying lazy bastards. You'll get no thanks or respect by just sitting back and taking it.

Yes, hope you're well Jordan!

Top Bottom