• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

can we all agree that estate agents are cancer?
five months we have been in this flat and still there is the last tenant's/landlord's crap, still no heating in the bedroom, the front room's heater is now dead and the boiler seems to be playing up again. today they inform me that to extend our tenancy by a further six months it will cost £125. money to do absolutely fuck all. i am fuming. my disdain for the entire industry and every fucking parasite that works in it is venomous. unimportant, unnecessary middle man has never been so apt the of a description.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
CHEEZMO™;160248604 said:
i dont drink coffee but sure

I usually go for a chai latte. Yum.

Ey oop our Sploat. What's crackalacking?

Awight geeza! I spoke to some fit giws larst noight it wos wickid yo!

Nothing much. You?

five months we have been in this flat and still there is the last tenant's/landlord's crap, still no heating in the bedroom, the front room's heater is now dead and the boiler seems to be playing up again. today they inform me that to extend our tenancy by a further six months it will cost £125. money to do absolutely fuck all. i am fuming. my disdain for the entire industry and every fucking parasite that works in it is venomous. unimportant, unnecessary middle man has never been so apt the of a description.

+1 horrible. I have nothing good to say about estate agents.

Dan just posted one of his old tunes he dug up on Facebook, kind of psychedelic 90's house, typically groovy and trippy:

Dan Wainwright - Transmission 1.0

Love it. He got some skills that boy!

And skeleton. Need to get in touch with Steve too, haven't seen him in ages.

Yep. I've started playing Hearthstone now it's out on phones and think of him.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
They missed a trick not calling it Hearthphone.

I'm surprised how well it works on a small screen, Its going to consume many a lunch hour.

Yup! I'm terrible at it but it's still fun.

Last night I tried to beat the first red-eyed knight in Boletaria Palace in Demon's Souls. I lost. Over and over again. It reminds me a bit of the first black knight fight in Dark Souls, but not quite as amazing (probably my favourite moment in that game for me).

What's for lunch?

I know I'm a spammer but oh blimey it's quiet here nowadays. Is the era of BritGAF over? Was the final battle between Mike and Cyst also The Apocalypse?

I remember the old days. People posted. And things were said and forgotten. Those were good days. Before the dark times. Before the Empire.

The fact that the company has been the most recent update has been a while. The new version is better than the one that has been the same. I'm so happy. I'm so tired and hungry. I'm going to be able to see you at the same thing.

The fact is a good time. The only one of those days where I can. I just want you back.

The_Poet

Banned
Yup! I'm terrible at it but it's still fun.

Last night I tried to beat the first red-eyed knight in Boletaria Palace in Demon's Souls. I lost. Over and over again. It reminds me a bit of the first black knight fight in Dark Souls, but not quite as amazing (probably my favourite moment in that game for me).

What's for lunch?

I know I'm a spammer but oh blimey it's quiet here nowadays. Is the era of BritGAF over? Was the final battle between Mike and Cyst also The Apocalypse?

I remember the old days. People posted. And things were said and forgotten. Those were good days. Before the dark times. Before the Empire.

The fact that the company has been the most recent update has been a while. The new version is better than the one that has been the same. I'm so happy. I'm so tired and hungry. I'm going to be able to see you at the same thing.

Nah its quiet because of the bans.

And trying to read your last paragraph is making my brain hurt.

Certain posters complain about BritGaf being too cliquey. Lots of clique gets banned. Thread dies.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED??????????

I kid. But yeah it really is more boring in here without the likes of Jedeye and jimbor. Hopefully Jim will be back soon, but I fear the days of BritGaf may be numbered.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Nah its quiet because of the bans.

And trying to read your last paragraph is making my brain hurt.

Hurt you? All the way to get my nails.

hello sploat. have you eaten lots of drugs today?

Hello there for me! The new update is the only thing that could have been the same. I'm going back and forth between the two countries and regions.

Certain posters complain about BritGaf being too cliquey. Lots of clique gets banned. Thread dies.

I kid. But yeah it really is more boring in here without the likes of Jedeye and jimbor. Hopefully Jim will be back soon, but I fear the days of BritGaf may be numbered.

please don't say that! Is whatsapp super active now these days? I always imagine that everyone's in there, laughing and drinking wine.

The_Poet

Banned

Thats such a cliquey thing to say.

Hii

Sorry I've been busy at work and moonlighting with my PoliGAF pals I haven't forgot you honest guys like you all really.

Busy time at work - we're doing a big launch of things in just over a week, so it's all crazy deadline stuff ahhhh fun fun fun. I have written ALL THE WORDS.

NinjaBoiX

I set up the club for the weekend all on my own today; took in the delivery, sorted the paperwork, stocktake, all that jazz. Totally winged it without Chrissy so I might've dropped a huge bollock but yay.

I'm a big boy now.

Also, downloaded Laura Marling's discography yesterday, I don't think she knows how to write shit music that girl.
Is whatsapp super active now these days? I always imagine that everyone's in there, laughing and drinking wine.
Not really, about the same.

Apparently it's a castle built to house the ousted and wronged BritGAF aristocracy or some bullshit.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
i clique my fingers.

also sploatee stop it. stop it now. you're being silly.

but also hello, it has been awhile, are you good?

The fact that the government of national security adviser and I don't think that the government has been the most important thing is a very long day.

Sorry!

Yes good thanks. Back on the souls heroin so happy. Most excited about more tattoos and birthday next week :) also very much enjoying company of Emma while she's on school holidays and of two very dignified guinea pigs. how's you?

Hii

Sorry I've been busy at work and moonlighting with my PoliGAF pals I haven't forgot you honest guys like you all really.

Busy time at work - we're doing a big launch of things in just over a week, so it's all crazy deadline stuff ahhhh fun fun fun. I have written ALL THE WORDS.

BETRAYAL!

I set up the club for the weekend all on my own today; took in the delivery, sorted the paperwork, stocktake, all that jazz. Totally winged it without Chrissy so I might've dropped a huge bollock but yay.

I'm a big boy now.

Also, downloaded Laura Marling's discography yesterday, I don't think she knows how to write shit music that girl.

Not really, about the same.

Apparently it's a castle built to house the ousted and wronged BritGAF aristocracy or some bullshit.

*pat pat*

Yeah! You could tell the clique at the meet as they were the ones wearing top hats and monocles and refusing to speak to newbies. Oh wait that didn't happen at all. The clique meme is poopy.

Don't pay £125 to have your tenancy extended by six months, because if you're paying that every six months for nothing it's insane. You need to be there for at least a year, if they're not going to offer that then tell them to fuck off. Just find somewhere else. Or squat there, ha.

As for the crap, tell the landlord you're going to dump it on the street. That shit's not your responsibility and I'm sure they won't want the fine they'll get for fly-tipping. If they still don't come and take it, dump it on the street.

Son Of D

I haven't really been doing much other than being incredibly stressed and in a bad mood over the past few weeks. Well I went to Devon for a week and a half but that wasn't really exciting and I've been doing some filming for university as well. Nothing else to report.

The_Poet

Banned
I tried moving my GTAV installation over to my SSD last night but fucked it up so had to re-download all 60gb of it, ballache.

Its a good game and a good port, I know its been out for 18 months but I've not even touched it before now. My only gripe is the load times for GTA Online, I had hoped moving it to an SSD would help but its still pretty bad.

I kind of wish I didnt get the pre-order bonus cash as I have a good car and apartment off the bat. Would have been more fun to work up to it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Work. Spain. More work. Oh, and work.

How's the new job then? Busy...?

I tried moving my GTAV installation over to my SSD last night but fucked it up so had to re-download all 60gb of it, ballache.

Its a good game and a good port, I know its been out for 18 months but I've not even touched it before now. My only gripe is the load times for GTA Online, I had hoped moving it to an SSD would help but its still pretty bad.

I kind of wish I didnt get the pre-order bonus cash as I have a good car and apartment off the bat. Would have been more fun to work up to it.

Sounds like a pain. I managed to defeat TWO Demon's Souls bosses last night. TWO! Joan Crawford is becoming a super ninja.

Final project report & screencast deadline + two coursework deadlines make RiggyRob something something.

That's a lot of deadlines.

I haven't really been doing much other than being incredibly stressed and in a bad mood over the past few weeks. Well I went to Devon for a week and a half but that wasn't really exciting and I've been doing some filming for university as well. Nothing else to report.

Gah. Hope it clears soon.

Work's going to be a bit slow today as all the big bosses are away. I hope it doesn't drag too much. Or it might end up with a few days and I'm still waiting. I'm so tired of being able. The only way to go back in my room and the first place in a statement from his home state of mind is the best.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's like being pulled apart by forty vindictive horses whilst Brian Blessed punches you repeatedly in gut, scream-laughing "DID SOMEONE ORDER A LARGE HAHAHAAHAM?" over and over again directly in your ear.

You're a souls fan. You should love it!

It's good though, right?

I'm looking at a flat this weekend with my girlfriend that's, get this, outside of London. What the hellllll.

Only just, though. Looking at Welwyn Garden City.

Welwyn's pretty nice, but fuck living that far out of London

Yarr, we both went to University in Hatfield so we're kinda familiar with the area. Certainly it's the nice bit of the borough!

And I'll be sad to leave for sure, but I've gotten to that point in my life where I want, like, a garden and a bit of space and somewhere to have a BBQ and that, whilst we save up a bit for a mortgage. Plus, the train - while annoying since I currently walk to work - down to Kings Cross is only 25 minutes - when I used to live in South London my train to work for 45!

I luuurrrrve living in Central Londo but my priorities have changed a bit, I think!

Plus now I can get a dog.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm not going. The fact that you have a great way to go out and about a month ago I had the same time. The fact is that it would mean the world to her. I love you so much! And you have a good idea of what you are. I love it when people say that the government has been in my room.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Sometime I hid in laundry and play my fingers in spray can paranoia. Do you like carrots or rye? No you cannot, they hide. Money takes merry go rounds through cherry picker alleys and I kiss them with fruit. Such beautiful.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sometime I hid in laundry and play my fingers in spray can paranoia. Do you like carrots or rye? No you cannot, they hide. Money takes merry go rounds through cherry picker alleys and I kiss them with fruit. Such beautiful.

Such beautiful. The only one that has been. The only way you want a boyfriend is so cute. I'm going back.

I don't have a lot of people! I don't know. The new update is so good I have to go out with my family and friends and family members of the year and the only one who thinks that is not an option. The new version, but I can't believe I'm going to get my money back.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
National Videogame Arcade :)

I just played a virtual boy and Commodore 64 and an Amiga and sonic on a cinema screen and super metroid on a SNES and then some actual arcade games and then a gallery exhibit on jumping in games and then played donkey konga and now we've had some toast in a bar in the arcade called toast bar.

Blue Lou

I've just seen the
hanging of Tommy Barrett
on Banished. What a great show! It doesn't seem to be getting much recognition though.

7.7 on IMDB

British convicts have been sent to Australia as punishment for their crimes. As they try to live their new lives, they have to live with the new rules. The soldiers also have to adjust.

i celebrated record day by eschewing vinyl and supporting real art: volume 4 of saga.

it has been many a year since i visited a forbidden planet. they seem to sell more big headed figurines than they do comic books.

Vashetti

Banned
I know I seem self-righteous now because I've actually gone and done it, but has anyone had any experience where neighbours aren't cleaning up the communal areas of a flat building?

I just hoovered the outside stairs from my flat and it literally filled the dust container of my vacuum to the point where it temporarily overheated. It took five minutes to do and it looks much better for it.

I won't be lodging any complaints with my landlord or anything, but it's really annoying that nobody else seems to care.

i celebrated record day by eschewing vinyl and supporting real art: volume 4 of saga.

it has been many a year since i visited a forbidden planet. they seem to sell more big headed figurines than they do comic books.

I really wanted the red Metronomy vinyl but fuck Record Store Day. Promoting record shops by making a concerted effort to rip off customers is just a bullshit idea.

I know I seem self-righteous now because I've actually gone and done it, but has anyone had any experience where neighbours aren't cleaning up the communal areas of a flat building?

I just hoovered the outside stairs from my flat and it literally filled the dust container of my vacuum to the point my where it temporarily overheated. It took five minutes to do and it looks much better for it.

I won't be lodging any complaints with my landlord or anything, but it's really annoying that nobody else seems to care.

Yeah, I'm going through this, but I can't offer any help because I've no idea how to resolve it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Spent the weekend in Manchester... What an awful place. Besides a nice art gallery, it was bad. I thought it was supposed to be really good for nightlife?! Nottingham is way better.

NinjaBoiX

Had one of those weekends that feels like it's lasted about four days, but in a good way. Been up for nearly 36 hours now.

Chilling with a few beers watching the snooker, need this wind down man.
Spent the weekend in Manchester... What an awful place. Besides a nice art gallery, it was bad. I thought it was supposed to be really good for nightlife?!
You suck and your opinion is bad.
Nottingham is way better.
lol
CHEEZMO™;160757143 said:
where did you go
This is important information.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Spent the weekend in Manchester... What an awful place. Besides a nice art gallery, it was bad. I thought it was supposed to be really good for nightlife?! Nottingham is way better.

Not your thing, huh? Oh well. I went to Nottingham this week and thought it was nice.

-

Sorry guys but I'm just going to blargle on the games I'm playing.

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Gravity Rush. It's taken a while to get going but the gravity movement is really fun to use.

I'm doing a 2nd playthrough of The Order. I've never gotten into Gears of War, so it might be that the shooty bits are predictable and dull, but I do like them. I've had quite a bit of enjoyment from it, especially from looking around the environments.

Ico is beautiful and mysterious and is getting better the further I get into it. I almost expect to hear the zelda chime whenever I solve a puzzle.

And Demon's Souls I'm struggling with a bit. Its really overwhelming in how open it is (despite having a hub). I don't remember ever feeling this lost or meaningless in the Dark Souls world, at least after the first few hours. With Demon's I'm about 10 hours in, looking for an Archdemon and still have no real idea what is going on other than the outline of the lore and no real idea of where I should go next.

Top Bottom