• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Reknoc

National Videogame Arcade :)

I just played a virtual boy and Commodore 64 and an Amiga and sonic on a cinema screen and super metroid on a SNES and then some actual arcade games and then a gallery exhibit on jumping in games and then played donkey konga and now we've had some toast in a bar in the arcade called toast bar.

Yo, Donkey Konga? Maybe that place isn't so bad after all.

Pookmunki

Sounds like it was a Britgaf singers weekend - I too was in Manchester from Nottingham. Went to Lego Discovery Centre for the boy. Was naff.I do like the city for a night out though and that drive between Manc to Sheffield (A623) to hit the M1 is Driveclub worthy

Glad NVA seems good, early view from my friend was that it was a bit bare bones but Donkey Konga redeems practically anything.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sounds like it was a Britgaf singers weekend - I too was in Manchester from Nottingham. Went to Lego Discovery Centre for the boy. Was naff.I do like the city for a night out though and that drive between Manc to Sheffield (A623) to hit the M1 is Driveclub worthy

Glad NVA seems good, early view from my friend was that it was a bit bare bones but Donkey Konga redeems practically anything.

What does Driveclub worthy mean? :)

Yeah it is bare bones but it's only been open a month or so. It was just nice to go to a place where there were games to play and friendly people. It's definitely an 'arcade' more than a museum or anything like that. You go to play a bunch of games you wouldn't normally get the chance to. Two player canabalt was probably the highlight.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
So the Zelda, Symphony of the Goddesses show was absolutely amazing, nearly shed a tear a couple of times (iknoright). Something about hearing your childhood memories being played out by a full orchestra got those feels running.

Stunning show. I can't recommend it enough. If they play the UK again any time soon then go.

Pookmunki

What does Driveclub worthy mean? :)

Yeah it is bare bones but it's only been open a month or so. It was just nice to go to a place where there were games to play and friendly people. It's definitely an 'arcade' more than a museum or anything like that. You go to play a bunch of games you wouldn't normally get the chance to. Two player canabalt was probably the highlight.

The whole route was twisty, turny, picturesque and raining - a pleasure to experience for a city boy like me.

I'll likely visit Nva on a rainy day, both me and my wife worked at Gamestation for many years when younger so my boy is learning about the history of gaming up there!

Would there be any interest in a meet at Gamecity in Autumn? Same guys run it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So the Zelda, Symphony of the Goddesses show was absolutely amazing, nearly shed a tear a couple of times (iknoright). Something about hearing your childhood memories being played out by a full orchestra got those feels running.

Stunning show. I can't recommend it enough. If they play the UK again any time soon then go.

Did they play Ballad of the Goddess?

The whole route was twisty, turny, picturesque and raining - a pleasure to experience for a city boy like me.

I'll likely visit Nva on a rainy day, both me and my wife worked at Gamestation for many years when younger so my boy is learning about the history of gaming up there!

Would there be any interest in a meet at Gamecity in Autumn? Same guys run it.

D'aww cool parents!

I'd be interested, yeah. Notts is only 2 hours on the train. Isn't the NVA at Gamecity? I'm not sure. Gamecity's name was everywhere.

Reknoc

Did they play Ballad of the Goddess?

D'aww cool parents!

I'd be interested, yeah. Notts is only 2 hours on the train. Isn't the NVA at Gamecity? I'm not sure. Gamecity's name was everywhere.

Game city is an organisation that fund stuff like the NVA but they also have a big event every year.

I think this is my new favourite picture on the internet.

p02j8k5x.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The T literally looks like a rectangle pasted there. Zoom in and it has a clear border that even overlaps Farage's hair.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Anyone here know which way they're voting yet?

I'm torn between Labour and Green.

I'd vote Labour if they had an actual labour leader (Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner...even Andy Burnham) but I don't really support politician-class politicians like Ed Miliband.

The Greens are a bit shambolic and can't really substantiate their plans, but I agree with their ethics and outlook. Again, I'd vote Green in a second if Caroline Lucas was still the leader. I feel that Natalie Bennett is still a bit inexperienced and needs a bit more time in the spotlight.

Vashetti

Banned
Anyone here know which way they're voting yet?

I'm torn between Labour and Green.

I'd vote Labour if they had an actual labour leader (Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner...even Andy Burnham) but I don't really support politician-class politicians like Ed Miliband.

The Greens are a bit shambolic and can't really substantiate their plans, but I agree with their ethics and outlook. Again, I'd vote Green in a second if Caroline Lucas was still the leader. I feel that Natalie Bennett is still a bit inexperienced and needs a bit more time in the spotlight.

Same.

I'd love to be able to vote Green, but they just show nothing at all that suggests they know what they're doing. Just tons of policies which sound awesome if you take them completely independently of anything else but if you actually try to see how they're going to achieve all of them, well, good luck. In a way they're the worst kind of political party, making promises they know full well they can't keep. Even when the Lib Dems promise something it's in the belief that they might be able to deliver it, even when it doesn't turn out that way.

So yeah, Labour. Miliband might not be your strong and stereotypical leader and I guess if Labour fail to win it'll be down to him for that reason. Thing is, he comes across as a decent person. The kind of person who genuinely seems to want things to be better for everyone, instead of just his peers.

RiggyRob

Labour x2 (student vote at term time address + postal vote at permanent address).

I always feel like Labour is the party best suited for my interests - reduced tuition fees would be handy for my younger sister, and frozen energy bills, minimum wage rise and no zero-hour contracts would be great when moving on after university. Plus I live/am from a massive Labour majority, I don't even know who the other MPs for the different parties are (Andy Burnham fo' lyfe).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Labour x2 (student vote at term time address + postal vote at permanent address).

I always feel like Labour is the party best suited for my interests - reduced tuition fees would be handy for my younger sister, and frozen energy bills, minimum wage rise and no zero-hour contracts would be great when moving on after university. Plus I live/am from a massive Labour majority, I don't even know who the other MPs for the different parties are (Andy Burnham fo' lyfe).

+1 on Andy Burnham. I really like him.

Tory 4 lyf yo

That's ok. Some of my best friends are Tory. I don't mind them being Tory as long as they Tory in private.

Saw Screaming Females last night in Leeds. Fucking great show, and it's nice to see a band that hangs out and talks to people afterwards. Obviously one of the benefits of a smaller pub venue, but still.

Gotta see them again one day.

Green party......okay.

They have some well intentioned people and broad aims, but some of the policies (long term especially) are barmy. It's like what would happen if you asked the NUS to create a political party.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Green party......okay.

They have some well intentioned people and broad aims, but some of the policies (long term especially) are barmy. It's like what would happen if you asked the NUS to create a political party.

I agree with you. But it's nice to be idealistic sometimes.

I'm unnerved by career politicians. I now know two parliamentary candidates in this election (lawyers tend to drift into politics) and they're both just unsettlingly sociopathic in the way they deal with people. i think that they both want to help, but the ambition and calculation needed to get into a position of sufficient influence within a political party just invites badly-adjusted people.

At least the Greens seem a bit less filtered than the big 3.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Green party......okay.

The function of them - and UKIP/other polarising parties - is not to explicitly enact the policies of their manifesto but to demonstrate that such ideas aren't so extreme, thereby forcing the bigger parties to move towards their extremes.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
GOOD MORNING BRITGAF

YOU SEDATE BUNCH

LETS GET IT POPPING UP IN HERE

ILL START

YOURE ALL TOSSERS

CYANIDE STRIKE IS THE BEST

DARK SOULS

SO SICK OF THE CLIQUE YOU BASTARDS

MESSAGE FROM GOD: YOU'RE SHIT

It's a criminal offence.

Riding a bike in the dark without lights on it is a criminal offence too so I was kind of annoyed last night when some cunt was doing just that, and a police car just drove right past him without giving a shit.

(Maybe they didn't see him.)

NinjaBoiX

Today, I'm going to play some computer games. Like, I really am, not even joking.
Riding a bike in the dark without lights on it is a criminal offence too so I was kind of annoyed last night when some cunt was doing just that, and a police car just drove right past him without giving a shit.

(Maybe they didn't see him.)
You should've told on him.

All right ninj, what is your interactive entertainment of choice today then

better not be Dark Souls

GOOD MORNING BRITGAF

YOU SEDATE BUNCH

LETS GET IT POPPING UP IN HERE

ILL START

YOURE ALL TOSSERS

CYANIDE STRIKE IS THE BEST

DARK SOULS

SO SICK OF THE CLIQUE YOU BASTARDS

MESSAGE FROM GOD: YOU'RE SHIT

finally some fucking real talk

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
All right ninj, what is your interactive entertainment of choice today then

better not be Dark Souls

finally some fucking real talk

Y NOT DARK SOULS

NO GAME COMPARES

Although Ico and Demon's Souls are great and there are lots of other good games too.

*contractually obliged 'balance' paragraph done. *

DARK SOULS

Well I just bought Evil Within and Far Cry 4. I might play some Far Cry so I can pretend I'm outside.

But first I'm going to have a shit and play some PvZ2.

no u

AAA TRASH

DUDEBRO JUNK

WHITE MAN RUBBISH

Let me know if you wanna meet up soon and I can lend you The Order. I'd like to hear what you make of it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I was gonna play more Wild Arms. If you say it a bit funny it sort of sounds like Dark Souls, so I hope that's acceptable.

ward aaaous?

(In all seriousness, I'm really loving Ico. It's beautiful and strange and completely engrossing. It's also so elegant in how it explains itself via visual cues and minimalism. Demon's Souls is fun too and Hearthstone is my new lunch hour and walk home from work. I don't just play Dark Souls, it's just that it was the first game in ages that completely occupied my thoughts while playing. I also think The Order has been a bit underrated and feel sorry for the guys at RAD who put so much love into the game world and art design)

NinjaBoiX

Let me know if you wanna meet up soon and I can lend you The Order. I'd like to hear what you make of it.
Cool man, will do! Maybe this Sunday, hopefully to celebrate getting this job I interviewed for yesterday...

Alternatively I'm going to a rum tasting thingy at Keko Moku with some buddies next Wednesday if you fancy it.

Yo skeleton, come meet sploatee mane!

And cheez, and other Manc peeps obvs.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Cool man, will do! Maybe this Sunday, hopefully to celebrate getting this job I interviewed for yesterday...

Alternatively I'm going to a rum tasting thingy at Keko Moku with some buddies next Wednesday if you fancy it.

Yo skeleton, come meet sploatee mane!

And cheez, and other Manc peeps obvs.

Might not be able to do Sunday but what about one lunchtime again?

More importantly good luck.

Thanks for the invite! It's a school night so I'm afraid I won't be able to make it.

Top Bottom