• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Skele7on

Banned
Good to know, any tips or things I should be aware of?

Usually you'll have a list of base technologies read up on all basic top 5 issues on them.

They also love a thought process so buzzwords are key, "root cause" "pairing" "knowledge shares" 99% of issues someone else will know use that and that proves you're a good solo and team player.

Main thing is just don't panic and if they ask something you don't know don't bullshit around just come out straight but also say next time you see me I will know it and sometimes after an interview I'll quickly Google find the correct process and email em show that you'll go away and research

I wouldn't be a part of any elite club that would have me as a member.

Has anyone done a day long assessment centre type of interview? Had a Skype interview for the BT Technology Graduate Programme today, and assuming everything goes well they'll invite me for an assessment day, which I've never actually done before, so I'm curious to know what it's like.

A day long one sounds exhausting. I had to do one that lasted three hours or so for the placement I'm doing at the moment. There was a chance to chat with the current interns about what they were working on and then there two seperate interviews, one technical and the other more personal.

RiggyRob

A day long one sounds exhausting. I had to do one that lasted three hours or so for the placement I'm doing at the moment. There was a chance to chat with the current interns about what they were working on and then there two seperate interviews, one technical and the other more personal.

By day long, I mean one that started at 9:30 and lasted until at least 2pm (this was for a different company and I didn't actually end up going to the assessment day).

Usually you'll have a list of base technologies read up on all basic top 5 issues on them.

They also love a thought process so buzzwords are key, "root cause" "pairing" "knowledge shares" 99% of issues someone else will know use that and that proves you're a good solo and team player.

Main thing is just don't panic and if they ask something you don't know don't bullshit around just come out straight but also say next time you see me I will know it and sometimes after an interview I'll quickly Google find the correct process and email em show that you'll go away and research

That emailing them with the correct process tip seems really useful, thanks!

7aged

Hey dude, how was your trip? Sorry we missed you at the meet, next one in June might be in Manc but I'll sort a mini London one.

Hey Mush, I'm good thanks, I'm drunk as a skunk at the moment.
Trip was good, a bit stressful at times but hey. I'm down for June. I should be around. Look forward to seeing you guys

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, just got back from Spain. What did I mis---

a19.gif

Only just saw the drama on the last page. Pe old need to start using the ignore function in future.

In other news, I've got four horses in the national. I better win something.

danthefan

Guess this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know a bricks-and-mortar store in central London where I'd be able to buy 8GB of DDR3L memory for my laptop on Monday?

Really really screwed without it :(

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Why would you watch this superhero shit when Mad Men's final, glorious march has begun; when Veep returns this evening or when Danger 5 is sitting there on Netflix waiting to be watched?

I really hope this superhero deluge ends soon.

Why would you watch this superhero shit when Mad Men's final, glorious march has begun; when Veep returns this evening or when Danger 5 is sitting there on Netflix waiting to be watched?

I don't. In fact I hope that superhero TV shows replace everything else, so eventually all there is to watch is show after show about awesome ass kicking comic book characters.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Actually I'm glad that there are tv shows, because they give a longer form of storytelling that enables for something a bit different. It is more the deluge of films that bothers me.

Is Daredevil actually good? Or just good for a schlocky tv show? I watched far too many episodes of Agents of Shield to give marvel tv the benefit of the doubt.

Actually I'm glad that there are tv shows, because they give a longer form of storytelling that enables for something a bit different. It is more the deluge of films that bothers me.

Is Daredevil actually good? Or just good for a schlocky tv show? I watched far too many episodes of Agents of Shield to give marvel tv the benefit of the doubt.
it is legitimately good. puts agents of shield and any of the dc schlock to shame.

Hystzen

I'm waiting for all 6 episodes of mad men to air then watch them at once. Also Daredevil is legit good not schlock good but legit good

Qasiel

Everybody needs to watch Danger 5. I love Ilsa a bit.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Interesting. I'll check out Daredevil when a backlog of episodes has been released. Do I need to know anything about the character? I don't even know what the power is.

Everybody needs to watch Danger 5. I love Ilsa a bit.

It is great, isn't it.

Darkplace meets Archer meets Thunderbirds. Though it has this weird thing where I really enjoy what I'm watching, really appreciate the construct of the jokes but never, ever laugh... it is no Darkplace, but definitely worth watching. If only for the amazing death-cocktail recipe conceit.

I watched the first episode of Danger 5 and didn't think much to it. It was stupid but not in a good way like Darkplace, just in a stupid way. And I didn't particularly like any of the characters.

I might watch more though because I'm sure the potential's there for it to get way better, but I dunno.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
meet was great. Met Charlie Veitch for the second time in the space of a month, and me and him hung out with Manchester's prime truth-layer that cool rasta-looking dude (who I've also chatted with before) who hangs in picaddilly gardens. We got all spiritual and shit.

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;159816853 said:
meet was great. Met Charlie Veitch for the second time in the space of a month, and me and him hung out with Manchester's prime truth-layer that cool rasta-looking dude (who I've also chatted with before) who hangs in picaddilly gardens. We got all spiritual and shit.
Haha, yeah, that guy is mint. He gets on the 86 all the time, the driver is always just like, "Yeah, just sit down mate" when he gets on, purely so he doesn't have to listen to his stoned ramblings.

He seems like he's loving life to be fair, more power to him!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Haha, yeah, that guy is mint. He gets on the 86 all the time, the driver is always just like, "Yeah, just sit down mate" when he gets on, purely so he doesn't have to listen to his stoned ramblings.

He seems like he's loving life to be fair, more power to him!

He drops reality bombs left and right brah

0IYdQUc.jpg

Charlie Veitch is also cool with furries, apparently.

Danj

Interesting. I'll check out Daredevil when a backlog of episodes has been released. Do I need to know anything about the character? I don't even know what the power is.

This is Netflix, there's a whole season out already. How much more of a backlog do you need?

It also seems like it has a short version of the origin story so you don't need to know anything.

NinjaBoiX

From what I understand, Daredevil is blind, and his superpower is basically fighting through his other heightened senses.

I say this as someone with "don't watch that awful Affleck movie" as a frame of reference, so I may be completely wrong.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This is Netflix, there's a whole season out already. How much more of a backlog do you need?

It also seems like it has a short version of the origin story so you don't need to know anything.

Ahhh I wasn't sure if they were releasing it HOC style or Better Call Saul style.

Thanks!

His superpowers sound really dumb, but I'll give it a shot.

NinjaBoiX

Just watched Spinal Tap with my bro, he'd never seen it. What a classic.

Marty DiBergi: " If you couldn't play rock'n'roll, what would you do?"

David St. Hubbins: "I'd be a full-time dreamer."

Top Bottom