• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Haven't the Conservatives mostly lifted us out of the trouble Labour last caused with excessive spending and recession?

The comparison between government finances and a household that the Conservatives have batted around is laughable at best, and patronising at worst.

Secondly, the global financial crisis caused the mess the global economy found itself in. Labour had a part to play in adding kindling to the fire through a poor regulatory regime of the financial sector, but to say that government spending caused the recession is ridiculous.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Haven't the Conservatives mostly lifted us out of the trouble Labour last caused with excessive spending and recession?

You mean a global economic crisis?

Maybe if they read a book sometime instead of going to university on the basis of its nightlife you'd understand better

that is a classic chinner post

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hey now, let's not all pile on Sah like that. I believe his vote represents millions of like minded people in this country who would rather persevere with the Reptilian Oligarchy than bow down to a Labour Caliphate

You and me both.

Whoever wins, HYPNOTOAD

Mikeside

Let's not get away from ourselves - there's no conceivable government that isn't going to overspend and who can steer us away from a global recession.

The tories are shit, labour are shit, the alternatives are inexperienced and unlikely anyway.

Let's just enjoy the spectacle of seeing which idiot gets to sleep at #10 tomorrow night.

I've just decided I'd actually quite like Milliband to win because at least it'll be more entertaining seeing him on TV constantly, tripping over himself and his monstrous tongue, for the next 5 years than 5 more years of Cameron.

i read the news today, oh boy...

positives to today's fuckup:

- good music scene for the next few years.

- able to scowl indiscriminately at everyone under the assumption they're tory voters.

Can we take from this result that basically everyone who's taken a poll in the last six weeks has been too embarrassed to admit they were voting Conservative?

Fair play to 'em, though, they had about as bad a campaign as was possible and still managed to win a majority. All that scaremongering from Murdoch doing the trick. Maybe he'll be dead next time round, he's gotta be 140 by now, that deal he made with Satan for his soul has gotta expire eventually!

Nice to basically see the back of UKIP, at least, and hopefully when the EU referendum happens it'll have no support from anyone except the Daily Express so there won't be any risk of the racists voting us out of it. "Newly discovered diaries show that PRINCESS DIANA was vehemently against the UK's membership of the EU. Full story, pages 2, 3, 4, 6-35, 37, 38, 40, and throughout the sport section."

Vashetti

Banned
Stunned.

I thought there was enough ill-feeling toward Cameron to get him out.

Are people so afraid of change that they just tick the box that they're used to (Tories)?

Stunned.

Are people so afraid of change that they just tick the box that they're used to (Tories)?

Yep, it seems that way.

All this election has showed is a lot of people are keen to maintain the 'I'm OK, fuck the other guy' way of thinking.

Farage possibly not winning his seat is the only good news.

Stunned.

the party who claimed we all needed to band together and control our spending during tough times failed to hit any of their financial forecasts delivered by a guy with a bachelors degree in history. ugh.
you guys got conservatives light last time, now we'll get full fat conservatives. yay.

Stunned.

Seems to be the safety net, people wanting to let them continue the plan rater than chance. If they're not strongly feeling the pinch, you're not going to feel something's wrong.

Can we take from this result that basically everyone who's taken a poll in the last six weeks has been too embarrassed to admit they were voting Conservative?

Fair play to 'em, though, they had about as bad a campaign as was possible and still managed to win a majority. All that scaremongering from Murdoch doing the trick. Maybe he'll be dead next time round, he's gotta be 140 by now, that deal he made with Satan for his soul has gotta expire eventually!

Nice to basically see the back of UKIP, at least, and hopefully when the EU referendum happens it'll have no support from anyone except the Daily Express so there won't be any risk of the racists voting us out of it. "Newly discovered diaries show that PRINCESS DIANA was vehemently against the UK's membership of the EU. Full story, pages 2, 3, 4, 6-35, 37, 38, 40, and throughout the sport section."

More people voted UKIP than Lib Dem and Green combined. They got more than twice the votes the SNP did. And that's with all the Tory scaremongering about a vote for UKIP letting Ed and the SNP in through the back door. That's a vast amount of people. I don't think we've seen the back of them.

Still waiting to see what the South Thanet result is (symbolic as it is) but I think they might slip out of the public sphere for a while but the suggestion of a 2017 referendum will retain interest.

the party who claimed we all needed to band together and control our spending during tough times failed to hit any of their financial forecasts delivered by a guy with a bachelors degree in history. ugh.

Yeah but "Red Ed" eats his sandwiches a bit funny, like.

When that's the sort of thing the right-wing press are feeding people about the election you can forgive people for having no idea what the Tories' financial forecasts were. I doubt most people even know there were any, let alone how they've done against them.

And it's easy to see that people aren't blaming the Tories for benefit cuts or anything, they're blaming immigrants. We'd all have more money if the immigrants weren't here sponging off us!

Voted the SHIT out of the election. Went in, came out, spoke to a French news reporter about my dodgy and ill founded knowledge of politics and went home to some psytrance and Cheerios.

Woke up this morning and was sad.

What now? Do we all swim to Jersey?

NinjaBoiX

W6PsMKK.jpg

NWo698g.jpg

2oeEp9v.jpg

PIEA1qn.jpg

kYT6ljE.jpg

Mikeside

Fire sale? sounds like Labour got back in after all.
Oh wait, not of public assets, OK carry on.

Farage hasn't really quit anyway.
He's stepped down from leadership and may run for it again in September. Which means UKIP will shop around to see if somebody else can catch the public's attention and imagination as a new leader - if nobody seems to have the marmite personality they love so much, Farage will step back in, much to the cheers of uKippers and the boos of the reasonable masses & we'll all be talking about him again for another 4 years

do labour lean further left and fight for the lib-dem and green votes they lost or spin right and try to resuscitate a form of blairite labour again?

will the wealth finally trickle down?

when can i afford a playstation four?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
it seems pretty disrespectful to put bomberman next to victims of bomb attacks. it makes light of the tragedy shame on you ninjaman

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Making light of Bomberman's death at the hands of Konami is indeed something Ninj should be ashamed of.

Reminds me that I never uploaded the pics from my most recent art adventure.

-

With regard to politiques....

UKIP may end up slightly refashioning themselves now, being the most frustrated by FPTP so they may pick up the mantle of electoral reform pusher as the Lib Dems attempted previously. I mean, the better part of 4 million people voted for them and they barely managed 1 seat. Oddly they also complained on behalf of the Greens.

Dumping Nigel might give them the opportunity to clean up their image and having Suzanne Evans (polite and affable, wrote their manifesto and hasn't had any major fuck ups) or Douglas Carswell (experience as an MP in a respectable party, stiff backed but sensible, now UKIP's only actual MP) take leadership could help smooth over the party's reputation. It was all a bit too easy to link Farage with his pints and guffawing to the scandals. The flip side of that is that UKIP might seemingly lose the "they're all the same but we're not" thing where they get to be politically incorrect because that's wot real people fink, common sense etc.

Or they may just fade into obscurity.

guddog

Neo Member
I wish the Conservatives weren't held back in their unimaginable cruelty by the Liberal Democrats, if only they could be EVEN MORE EVIL!

Fucking hell, Ed was a fucking loser but what the fuck were you thinking Britain?

Remeber the Simpsons where Mr Burn says he brings peace and everyone attacks him? Thats what the Scots were offering.

*deep breaths*

Anyway.

Where do you come from?

Just outside of Paisley. We elected a nutjob to Parliament, and I am very proud of that. Hoping for a chibbing in the Commons before the end of year.

What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to?

I'm an engineer. I make aeroplane bits.

What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?

Favourite daytime TV show?

I dunno. The Sullivans?

Fish or chips?

Smoked Sausage.

Daddy or chips?

Daddies Brown sauce on my chips.

What's your tipple of choice?

Irn Bru or Red Kola.

Favourite party snack?

TUC biscuits.

Who is the best bald person?

Egg Wallace from Maasterchef.

What's your disappointing claim to fame?

David Tennant was a few years above me at school. He was a bit of a dick though.

What's your perfect Sunday?

Ticket to Ride or Catan. A few jars in the pub.

Did you threaten to overrule him?
Did you threaten to overrule him?
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?

I saw this on TV last night, still don't under stand it.

Top Bottom