• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Skele7on

Banned
First day back at work, absolutely exhausting.

I realize that I just dislike other IT people so much as they're these strange introverts that getting any form of conversation out of is extremely difficult and it's annoying.

Why can't people just be normal and up for a chat and a bit of bants?

I get that with my housemate Atilla. It's like he doesn't understand the concept of humour, all our conversations are really stilted and awkward. They must not have cheeky banter in Hungary.

Sometimes its a hard life being the Archbishop of Banterbury

First day back at work, absolutely exhausting.

I realize that I just dislike other IT people so much as they're these strange introverts that getting any form of conversation out of is extremely difficult and it's annoying.

Why can't people just be normal and up for a chat and a bit of bants?

ask em if they wana go for a cheeky nandos wth the lads

NinjaBoiX

^i heard that on Radio 1 earlier, pretty good.

Wolf Alice do good 90s American alt rock too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scuuvcZGlUU&t=12m45s
Yeah, Wolf Alice are pretty good. Mikeside loves 'em.
That's a bit too much like them without bringing anything new to the table. Might as well chuck on Surfa Rosa.

In any case, have some Punching Swans - Beach Party. Top band, top blokes.
Yeah, the riffs are almost too close for comfort. But I dunno, I like it, it's different enough in other ways that it doesn't feel like a retread.

And Trompe le Monde is the best Pixies album.

Which still isn't as good as The Last Splash.

:p

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
And Trompe le Monde is the best Pixies album.

Motorway to Roswell is a favourite but, album-wise, I can never decide between the first three. To be fair, the first album I bought was Death to the Pixies so I started out a bit confused. :)

Which still isn't as good as The Last Splash.

:p

Never really dipped into The Breeders. I think the drummer from Slint played for them for a while.

The_Poet

Banned
Witcher 3 is great

One of my favourite maps is being put back into CS:GO

We won our DOTA 2 GAF in house league game on the weekend

3 day work week this week

Interview with a really cool company on Friday

What a great week.

NinjaBoiX

So yeah, inFamous: SS:

Really pretty
Fun to mooch around the city
Genuinely enjoyable cut scenes

But:

A bit boring to be honest and the combat is of the shit "press square three times on like 40 enemies" variety

Not bad by any means, but a game just really has to grab me these days. Meh.

Mikeside

Witcher 3 is great

One of my favourite maps is being put back into CS:GO

We won our DOTA 2 GAF in house league game on the weekend

3 day work week this week

Interview with a really cool company on Friday

What a great week.

That's my game, you can't like it too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw In The Night Garden at the O2. Not gonna lie, although I wish I'd been a bit more off my mash, it was pretty damn good. The Child would've liked it.

At the risk of of sounding like a paranoid hypochondriac, I've experienced a couple of alarming health developments.

Recently I was left quite literally in the dark by Amazon after it took them 10 days to deliver some lightbulbs as the ones in my room had gone out. They're these weird tubular ones on dimmer switches that die after two months. So when they finally came and I went to change these lights I could no longer recall if there was power going to the fittings. There was, and naturally I got electrocuted. I'm fine, so far no superpowers, just a throbbing finger. However, ever since that fateful incident all the water I drink tastes bitter, no matter the source of the water.

Also today a colleague today was passing around these cookies from M&S. Now I wasn't alone in experiencing side effects after eating one of these, not one but two other hapless victims suffered from cramp, I was unlucky enough to experience actual heart pain.

I thought it was worth letting you know as I could be under the spell of a gypsy curse and probably don't have long left. Also, I thought I'd bump the thread because what the fuck guys, there are morgues more upbeat and interesting than this boring ass thread, Jesus Mary and Joseph.

yeah sorry about the curse. my bad. still can't get over the fact that you're not a duck. or that you are a duck. whichever one.

Just give me all your fucking Hovis and we'll call it quits, yeah?

Really though I am getting that "just licked a battery" tingly thing on my tongue whenever I drink anything. I'd be fine with it if the impediment was balanced by the ability to shoot forks of lightning from my hands.

I reckon I'd be a good Sith Lord.

I do a great "Ultimate... Powaahhhhh!"

Also, I thought I'd bump the thread because what the fuck guys, there are morgues more upbeat and interesting than this boring ass thread, Jesus Mary and Joseph.

We could talk about anime, that's always popular.

I just finished watching Death Note. It was good, if about ten episodes too long. Now I need to find something else which isn't all tits.

Qasiel

I just finished watching Death Note. It was good, if about ten episodes too long. Now I need to find something else which isn't all tits.

I was recommended an anime by a mate today (High School DxD Born) but I'm assuming there's lots of tits in that. Friar Dave likes his anime on the pervy side, it seems.

Samurai Flamenco is fun. Takes a while to get started but goes completely off the rails after a few episodes.

Basic premise: a fashion model obsessed power rangers/godzilla style shows decides to become a superhero despite having no superpowers, things go from bad to bananas to batshit insane.

Samurai Flamenco is fun. Takes a while to get started but goes completely off the rails after a few episodes.

Basic premise: a fashion model obsessed power rangers/godzilla style shows decides to become a superhero despite having no superpowers, things go from bad to bananas to batshit insane.

And it's on Netflix, excellent! Added to the list.

Should tide me over nicely until Prison School*.

(*Not really, fucking hell Japan.)

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I'm killing you off one at a time.

You were supposed to be next, but now I'll leave you hanging a while.
Oh, you should know that I maybe be closer than you think.

*Dave turns head towards back as I lunge in for kill*

*or steal one of his Vita's, whatever*

The_Poet

Banned
Was there any better time in music then mid 90's?

The Cranberries,
Alanis Morissette,
TLC,
Spice Girls,
Hansen,
Natalie Imbruglia

SmokyDave

Got a new job and will be moving to Mansfield/Shirebrook area. Anyone know what it's like over there?

Well, Mansfield town centre has recently been gentrified:

3315825377_eb5063967b_b.jpg

So that's nice.

NinjaBoiX

Was there any better time in music then mid 90's?

The Cranberries,
Alanis Morissette,
TLC,
Spice Girls,
Hansen,
Natalie Imbruglia
I remember loving her debut back in the day, some of it is genuinely pretty decent. I still rate this, like Portishead-lite:

Natalie Imbruglia - Leave Me Alone

Also, she has incredibly pretty eyes.

Fun fact: a mate of mine used to really fancy "the pretty girl on the drums" from Hanson when we were kids.

Top Bottom