• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

SmokyDave

Who the fuck let Jimbor back in?

I'm not even acknowledging the heinous Terminator franchise discussion in here. Everyone that put 2 above 1 will be getting a steaming turd in the post. Just gotta work out how to keep the steam steamy.

Edit: Fuck. Top of the page. Now I need to look at my bastard mug every time I open this thread.

Volotaire

OFf4ivi.gif

Fuck that, I'll just sit down for an hour or so afterwards and watch the actual footage rather than hours upon hours of suits spouting buzzwords in between the good stuff.

It's not hard to see why, they're very different. The first film is a pretty decent sci-fi take on the slasher flick, the second is one of the finest action movies ever made.

Ah you don't have that E3 spirit. The reactions, the good moments, the bad moments!

AcridMeat

Banned
Not long ago I saw a DJ Set with SBTRKT. Didn't expect to be able to make it as I was working late that night, but he was coming on around midnight, work ended earlier than expected around 10:30 and I rushed my ass over to SF in my work clothes. Forgot cash for any booze so just danced for a few hours, was amazing.
Mhhmmm SBTRKT are sweet. That whole album is great, man. Pharaohs and Wildfire being the big'ns on it but Hold On really does stand out for me.
Trials of the Past's opening gets me so good. Driving alone at night and it comes on, I'm gone. Something Goes Right is incredible too. I think SBTRKT's debut is one of the top debuts ever. Shame the new album is nowhere close to it.
Little Dragon is so good at collaborations. The band is passable but put Yukimi with good writers/producers and she'll create gold.
EG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3bRQkpOG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qB_6wpoXTk
Little Dragon are amazing live. She's a treasure.

Now that I think about it I have a hard time separating parts of T1 with T2, they're blended together.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Who the fuck let Jimbor back in?

I'm not even acknowledging the heinous Terminator franchise discussion in here. Everyone that put 2 above 1 will be getting a steaming turd in the post. Just gotta work out how to keep the steam steamy.
Put it in some ice. That always works.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
First film is a fucking great sci fi noir, the second is a good action film but mostly a weak rehash of the first. The only way the first could've been better was the robot effects and casting Rae Dawn Chong as Sarah Connor. Perfect otherwise.

I'm going to shit on your carpet at the Manc meet.

Are you actually going then?

Chances of me going have now increased.

Stacey

Banned
Why are the Tories forcing me to work less hours than I would like to?

Being worse off working more hours is ludicrous.

8bit

Knows the Score
You know, I kind of like how Terminator Mega Dryve seems determined to completely fuck up it's own franchise. Also, Doctor Who seems to have disappeared from it judging by the trailer I recently saw.

7aged

So any of you nerfherders going/gone to the star wars secret cinema? Going with a bunch of friends on Sunday. Should be fun.

Oh T2 > T1

NinjaBoiX

I hope so. Should probably post in the thread now I'm unbanned. Still not sure who dropped out for definite when Musha did.
Well if you're still coming then that's only Musha, Mike and Jed from the original plan that've dropped out. Eggy sounds like he's up for it and Rusty will probably come with some gentle persuasion.

Throw in sploatee, Cheezmo, skeleton, maybe Steve, a few of my buddies and a conservative estimate of maybe half the other MancGAF peeps not being no-shows and it's still a decent little group.

Were going to head out for a bite to eat, a few beers and shoot the shit. It's not like we were planning a round the world trip.

I hope so. Should probably post in the thread now I'm unbanned. Still not sure who dropped out for definite when Musha did.

garyoldmaneveryone.gif

So any of you nerfherders going/gone to the star wars secret cinema? Going with a bunch of friends on Sunday. Should be fun.

Oh T2 > T1

Yes! Going on 1st August.

DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING FOR ME.

Have to been to the secret Cantina nightclub yet? Or the hidden store? They're pretty cool.

Is there a mini meet in London for those unable to brave the journey to the grim north?

Yes. I will plan something for July.

The_Poet

Banned

Oh T2 > T1

Yeh I'm going July 31st, don't spoil it!

What's the star wars secret cinema? Sounds intriguing!

Its an event where they do themed screenings of (generally older) films at a 'secret' location. I think the tickets for this on eare probably sold out by now but worth a google.

SmokyDave

Put it in some ice. That always works.
Can you get a bit more specific for me? What's the appropriate ratio?

Tried it last night but the ice melted and the turds just sort of 'broke up'. By the time I got to the post box, there was barely anything left to push through the slot.

Yeh I'm going July 31st, don't spoil it!

Its an event where they do themed screenings of (generally older) films at a 'secret' location. I think the tickets for this on eare probably sold out by now but worth a google.

Well it's a lot more than that though. They recreate the world of the film and get everyone to get in to character. Check out the BttF one they did last year.

I think there are weekday tickets still available

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I can't get Mastodon's The Motherload out of my head. Just keeps going round and round.

I know it's no Blood and Thunder but...*hums riff*

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Mastodon are so freakin awesome

mastodonnnnnnnnnn

oblivion is my favourite by them hairy men.

Amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing

My favourite is erm umm er umm capillarian crest? Maybe? They're all so good

Thanks to GAF I'm listening to lots of kylesa and Torche as well as Baroness, Red Fang and now my tattoist has got me onto the sword. Happy!!!!

Ps skeletonium do you want meet up at some point in life

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ok

I don't know them but you I do trust and spotify I do have

Floor be big shifting sand molasses stretched out through pig guts chased down a corridor you don't can't look back even though it sings like two headed broken rusty angel chainsaw teeth.

Torche be all bad 80s ew.*

*These are expressly the opinions and gibberings of the poster and should not be misconstrued as being representative of - or as having any basis in - fact.

Eat Snacky Smores.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Floor be big shifting sand molasses stretched out through pig guts chased down a corridor you don't can't look back even though it sings like two headed broken rusty angel chainsaw teeth.

Torche be all bad 80s ew.*

*These are expressly the opinions and gibberings of the poster and should not be misconstrued as being representative of - or as having any basis in - fact.

Eat Snacky Smores.

Bag bag. Me be check out Floor. Me like Mastodon because rat a tat a tat drum all time even on led zeppy riff. Rat a tat make happy because sound really whoosh and up down bounce much better than blah blah cha blah blah cha tisssss little tiny drum without big drum no point in rocking big drum is molto molto bella bella boom rat a tat bella bella boom. Big drum best

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Can you get a bit more specific for me? What's the appropriate ratio?

Tried it last night but the ice melted and the turds just sort of 'broke up'. By the time I got to the post box, there was barely anything left to push through the slot.
Alright then, some warm, freshly laid turd onto a frost covered pile of grass. More complex, I know.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Bag bag. Me be check out Floor. Me like Mastodon because rat a tat a tat drum all time even on led zeppy riff. Rat a tat make happy because sound really whoosh and up down bounce much better than blah blah cha blah blah cha tisssss little tiny drum without big drum no point in rocking big drum is molto molto bella bella boom rat a tat bella bella boom. Big drum best

Big Drums GOOD. 80s Rock BAD. Big Drums GOOD. 80s Rock BAD.

Amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing

My favourite is erm umm er umm capillarian crest? Maybe? They're all so good

Thanks to GAF I'm listening to lots of kylesa and Torche as well as Baroness, Red Fang and now my tattoist has got me onto the sword. Happy!!!!

Ps skeletonium do you want meet up at some point in life

I saw the Sword support Clutch one time, they're awesome.

he is a mint drummer.
check out meshuggah for more mint drumming. much less hectic, jazzy drum fills, just crazy complex patterns. also eiht string sludge guitars. they sound like the gaping yawn of a brontosaurus.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Big Drums GOOD. 80s Rock BAD. Big Drums GOOD. 80s Rock BAD.

You RIGHT ug UG ug UG

I saw the Sword support Clutch one time, they're awesome.

*adds Clutch to Spotify*

he is a mint drummer.
check out meshuggah for more mint drumming. much less hectic, jazzy drum fills, just crazy complex patterns. also eiht string sludge guitars. they sound like the gaping yawn of a brontosaurus.

*adds Meshuggah to Spotify*

RIP Christopher Lee

What a life. He's spilling the blood of Saxon Men in heaven now.

My favourite Christopher Lee story is the one about filming Sauroman's death (a scene that appears in the extended editions). After the Ents go banannas on Isengard, Gandalf and the others are trying to get Sauroman to come down from the tower. Wormtongue stabs Sauroman in the back and he falls to his death.

Apparently Peter Jackson wanted Christopher Lee to make a specific kind of noise when he was stabbed and Christopher Lee basically said "I know what that sounds like and it doesn't sound like that."

Badass.

he thought in the finnish-russian war. THE FINNISH RUSSIAN WAR.

didn't even know that was a thing. he thought in wars that barely existed in the public knowledge.

Your lack of historical knowledge is abhorrent. The Finnish-Russian War AKA the Winter War is interesting for a number of reasons.

First, it gave rise to this fucking guy. Nuff said.

Second, it was a big embarrassment for the Russians who got beaten back despite massively outnumbering the Fins. The Russian Army looked like shit back then because all the high ranking officers had been purged by Stalin . But still, the Russian defeat in Finland encouraged Hitler to invade, believing the Soviet Union to be a paper tiger.

Third, Finland, an ally of the Nazis at the time, is the only democracy the United Kingdom has ever declared war on. But neither side fired a shot at the other.

Class dismissed, your assignment this week is to read a fucking book you fucking shitfuck.

Top Bottom