• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I agree, that's what I was trying to say - it costs about the same as GBK but the burgers are better. Neither of them do delivery though which is a shame (although Deliveroo have taken it upon themselves to provide delivery service for GBK in Cambridge, but their surcharges and whatnot are a bit on the pricey side so it's not a service I'll be using regularly).

I don't think GBK is the same price as Five Guys. Five Guys was about £12 for burger and chips (nothing extravagant) and no drink. I think GBK hovers around £10. It is probably worth the extra bits, but it is a chunk more expensive.

That Chinner post is incredible

Mikeside

I think Five Guys is better than GBK, and definitely a damn sight better than any fast food or cheap burger place. Yeah it's pricey but you get what you pay for. The one at the O2 is constantly queuing out the door, there's good reason for that.

and yet you never back me up when I have this argument with our good buddy CuntFace

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't think GBK is the same price as Five Guys. Five Guys was about £12 for burger and chips (nothing extravagant) and no drink. I think GBK hovers around £10. It is probably worth the extra bits, but it is a chunk more expensive.

I don't get it. Is it a reference to something? I am supremely nonplussed.

7aged

Both Five Guys and GBK suck.
There's plenty of good local ones here in London, but if you're outside the big smoke Byron is the most decent of the nationwide chains.

8bit

Knows the Score
I thought 5 guys was kind of overrated when I tried it in the US, not really interested in going to the UK version. Quite liked Handmade Burger though.

7aged

I thought 5 guys was kind of overrated when I tried it in the US, not really interested in going to the UK version. Quite liked Handmade Burger though.

Yeah, my 2 experiences of them weren't great. Overcooked and overpriced.
Haven't come across Handmade Burger. Might give them a go, where are they based?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just finished my first training session as a youth worker with LGBT yoof. My heart is so warmed and I am also feeling very empowered and things like that :)

Good karma and metta to you all. Now I'm gonna go and hug a tree while listening to Songs for the Deaf.

I can't commend on ze burgers but I bet the veggie choices involve the following:

falafel
feta
halloumi

Oh and Meaty Torche remind me a bit of a tougher, more realistic Jane's Addiction

8bit

Knows the Score
Yeah, my 2 experiences of them weren't great. Overcooked and overpriced.
Haven't come across Handmade Burger. Might give them a go, where are they based?

http://handmadeburger.co.uk/

Mostly North Britland I think, but expanding.

ian-brown-stone-roses-deansgate.jpg

--

PS, good for you sploatee! Keep being awesome!

NinjaBoiX

I'm playing Shadow of Mordor at the minute, I really like it. The combat is fun and satisfying, the upgrade system is intriguing and the nemesis system is clever. I've only been playing for an hour or so but I'm impressed so far. I'm lost with a lot of the Tolkien terminology but I don't think that really matters.

I gave up on Wolfenstein after an hour or two. I was expecting a cathartic, nazi slaughtering good time but I was just bored by it. Got to the prison and just really didn't want to play anymore. It just seemed like I was going through the motions. Shame, I thought it would be my cup of joe!

Danj

I just had a Five Guys the other day, it was £12 for burger, chips and a drink. Whereas GBK is around £10 just for a burger. So I think it's comparable.

jimbor

Banned
I'm playing Shadow of Mordor at the minute, I really like it. The combat is fun and satisfying, the upgrade system is intriguing and the nemesis system is clever. I've only been playing for an hour or so but I'm impressed so far. I'm lost with a lot of the Tolkien terminology but I don't think that really matters.

I gave up on Wolfenstein after an hour or two. I was expecting a cathartic, nazi slaughtering good time but I was just bored by it. Got to the prison and just really didn't want to play anymore. It just seemed like I was going through the motions. Shame, I thought it would be my cup of joe!

Wolfenstein gets a lot better, Mordor will bore your tits off way before you complete it.

NinjaBoiX

Yo Ninj, time to return the favor with some of my own recommendations.

Fakear - Venus
Tourist - Waves
Ambassadeurs - Breathe

Just some stuff I've been listening to lately that I thought you might like. All very Bonobo'y and chilllllll as fuck.
This was a lush little trio to take in on my way to work this morning, that last track is gorgeous, listened to it three times off the belt! Lovely stuff man.

Fuck it, here is three similarly chilled jams:

Tycho - Dictaphone's Lament

Vaults - Lifespan

BANKS - Bedroom Wall
Wolfenstein gets a lot better, Mordor will bore your tits off way before you complete it.
Yeah, I do get the feeling that the formula will grow stale after a number of hours. But if I get bored I'll stop playing innit.

But nah, I'm not playing anymore of Wolfy, it's really boring. Maybe I've been spoilt by Destiny being hugely engaging to play but it just seemed really archaic and basic. The AI is awful and you basically just walk around mowing down faceless nazis and pressing square on pretty much anything else you see.

Anyone watch the Bethesda stuff?

The new Doom looks awesome, as does Dishonored 2, as does Fallout 4. Lots of goods on display.

Today I'm prepping for this evening's shows. Plan today: acquire popcorn, get haircut, possibly see what's going down for the Magna Carta today (I live a stone's throw from Runnymede). I also might skype papabandit, watch the GoT finale and if there's time, listen to Classic FM in the bath again.

Volotaire

Anyone watch the Bethesda stuff?

The new Doom looks awesome, as does Dishonored 2, as does Fallout 4. Lots of goods on display.

Today I'm prepping for this evening's shows. Plan today: acquire popcorn, get haircut, possibly see what's going down for the Magna Carta today (I live a stone's throw from Runnymede). I also might skype papabandit, watch the GoT finale and if there's time, listen to Classic FM in the bath again.

Fallout 4 was fantastic. Doom's reveal was great but I'm still apprehensive about the multiplayer and the speed of the game. Some parts of Bethesda was poorly paced (why were we looking at concept art for 4 minutes?). The fallout Shelter game looks great. Dishonoured 2, I wish there was a gameplay reveal and they spent a bit more time on it.

Moreover, the Nintendo World Championships were fantastic last night, with some pacing issues and other issues. Super Mario Maker is one of my most anticipated games now. And they dropped some bombs with Earthbound (well partly) and a new IP. Also as a part Smash fan, the Smash Direct had more than just the leaked content, which was a nice stream. Nintendo can learn from their mistakes this year and make a better show next year.

`That last part with John Number ... incredible.

Spookie

Doom looks OK? Looks like it's missing it's level design charm of the old, old games. I'm on board for any more Dishonoured, I loved it. Fallout 4 looks clunky, base building looks fucking awful and the dialogue is more wooden that a Norwegian forest. That being said the rest of the game should make up for it.

Hopefully anyway.

Yeah I've got to say the base building aspect was underwhelming, looks like they just tacked on part of one of the skyrim dlcs that let you build a house as well. And the decision to voice all of your character's dialogue may be a bad idea, the character's voice sounded really flat.

I don't necessarily want to hear what Bethesda's idea of the classic "gah what the fuck are you?" line sounds like out loud.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Weird, I thought the base building looked great. It comfortably blows the hearthfire DLC out of the water.

Very excited about Fallout 4. Not sure what anyone else was expecting but they totally surpassed what I thought it was going to be.

Reknoc

Dishonoured is the only one I'm interested in so I'm probably going to avoid as much of that as possible.

Saw the Doom trailer, looked slow and linear and the kill animations do nothing for me as they just break the pace of the game. Basically looks like all the garbage stuff of the Brutal Doom mod without the speed or enemy count that makes it enjoyable.

Fallout 4 looked like a prettier Fallout 3 for whatever that's worth. Only skimmed though one of the gameplay bits but it showed me probably what to expect from the games dialog (nothing good).

Either way I'll probably end up buying all 3.

edit: oh, I didn't see anything about base building. Going to need to check that out as explorable bases that you can upgrade presses a lot of the right buttons for me thanks to Skies of Arcadia.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Completely unbothered by everything so far.

I only really care about a couple of games. No Man's Sky and The Witness. The rest I'll just see when they come out. Doom looked fake.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Completely unbothered by everything so far.

I only really care about a couple of games. No Man's Sky and The Witness. The rest I'll just see when they come out. Doom looked fake.

That isn't how you spell Metal Gear.

Or Dishonoured 2.

Or Fallout 4.

But yeah, NMS looks incredible.

Reknoc

...and that's arguably the worst one. The best is yet to come.

Not even the last Kojima directed trailer...? Heathen.

Disappointed you didn't embed this.

I think the last E3 trailer and the huge gameplay video was probably more of the game than I needed to see until it's in my hands. Also with all the drama surrounding the game so far I expect this trailer just to be some Konami exec peeing on a photo of Kojima.

I've liked Act 1 and 2. I mean to be honest, I it's hard for me to choose between MGS1, 2, 3.

Everyone likes Act 1 and 2 because that's where all the ideas went.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't really get past the first 10 mins of dishonoured and I've yet to play Fallout.

Ground Zeroes was fun but MGS2 should've been the end.

Humbug.

You need to get on both of those. You didn't even get past the tutorial! XD

Then we wouldn't have got MGS3... w-why would you say such a thing...?

Top Bottom