• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Doing good cheers, Sploat! Nothing wrong with a solid 3DS night either!

Last day on shift for 6 days. Going out for my birthday drinks tomorrow, watching Jurassic World on Saturday and buying a new desk for my home office on Sunday with my Dad which is making me a lot happier than I thought it would.

Sounds like a good few days! Hope you enjoy Jurassic World. And what? You're getting excited over a desk?

8bit, you magnificent bastard! I listened to Arc in it's entirety last night. Loved it. Thanks for sending it through, sir.

8bit <3

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, I don't understand it either. I used to get excited about Micro Machines and bubblegum but now it seems office furniture is my thing. Could be worse; could be meth I suppose.

Ha!

I do like a nice office chair as long as it's easy to use. Our current ones have so many levers and handles it's quite confusing.

8bit

Knows the Score
8bit, you magnificent bastard! I listened to Arc in it's entirety last night. Loved it. Thanks for sending it through, sir.

You're welcome! I used to have a version of it where I filtered all of the noise out of it down to ambient swooshes and other odd sounds, have lost it to time though. I did the same to Metal Machine Music but again, can't seem to find them any more.

Sounds like a good few days! Hope you enjoy Jurassic World. And what? You're getting excited over a desk?

8bit <3

Hearts back to you sploatee! And everyone else!

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I used to get excited about Micro Machines and bubblegum but now it seems office furniture is my thing. Could be worse; could be meth I suppose.

At least it's not electronics manufacturers, the gaming side is at their most insane these days.

Anyway, assorted other things...

I found the Jamie XX album kind of boring, got the vinyl which is a lovely 3 disc set (and which came with a CD as well bemusingly enough), but it's totally background listening and not really there. I say this as someone who was sad to miss a local appearance by Florian Hecker remixing a fridge though. (Bonus points for anyone who can explain the connection between these artists.)

Don't think I've recently experienced a fear as much as approaching a Croatian canteen restaurant when I don't recognise any of the words on the board describing the food stuffs. Most Croatian words seem to translate as meat though.

Am rather enjoying Splatoon of late, but an awful lot of people seem to be headshotting jumpers and not painters. The single player is kind of like the FLUDD-less Mario Sunshine levels with FLUDD added to them.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You're welcome! I used to have a version of it where I filtered all of the noise out of it down to ambient swooshes and other odd sounds, have lost it to time though. I did the same to Metal Machine Music but again, can't seem to find them any more.

Hearts back to you sploatee! And everyone else!

At least it's not electronics manufacturers, the gaming side is at their most insane these days.

Anyway, assorted other things...

I found the Jamie XX album kind of boring, got the vinyl which is a lovely 3 disc set (and which came with a CD as well bemusingly enough), but it's totally background listening and not really there. I say this as someone who was sad to miss a local appearance by Florian Hecker remixing a fridge though. (Bonus points for anyone who can explain the connection between these artists.)

Don't think I've recently experienced a fear as much as approaching a Croatian canteen restaurant when I don't recognise any of the words on the board describing the food stuffs. Most Croatian words seem to translate as meat though.

Am rather enjoying Splatoon of late, but an awful lot of people seem to be headshotting jumpers and not painters. The single player is kind of like the FLUDD-less Mario Sunshine levels with FLUDD added to them.

I'm gonna defer to Meat on the link there but I will say I've seen footage of Christian Marclay playing broken CDs.

Splatoon seems to have been a bona fide hit for Nintendo.

-

There's a guy at my work called Robert Hackney. He's such a Robert but I'm always dying to call him Bob Hack.

Also, did you know Barry was short for Barold?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I always thought it was short for Barrington, which I think is a fantastic name. There's an engineer at work called Barrington Samuels and I always smile whenever he drops in an access request.

That's an amazing name. I'm auntie to a little fellow called Harry who(m) I have recategorised as Harrington Barrington.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Aw, man. Would loved to have heard that.

NinjaBoiX

M1RlVH4.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
just served guy garvey, what a nice chap.

He is lovely.

--

What a day. Finally about to head back to Manchester. I sat with the senior Vice President of a global business and gave his management team tax advice. On a 500 mil deal. I am suited and sharp and wearing nice shoes. I feel good. But a bit Tory :-S

He is lovely.

--

What a day. Finally about to head back to Manchester. I sat with the senior Vice President of a global business and gave his management team tax advice. On a 500 mil deal. I am suited and sharp and wearing nice shoes. I feel good. But a bit Tory :-S

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
ONE OF US, ONE OF US

I'll never join you, Dooku!

Dookubandit!

Never!!

Get back on Destiny pls.

Also it wasn't too Tory. I found out my boss (who is the director of a multi million pound tax practice - I feel the need to point this out for context only) :

1. Is a gaming nerd
2. Used to be a champion breakdancer
3. Used to be a podium dancer in a gay club
4. Is a Star Wars nerd who went to Tunisia and re enacted the script of A New Hope
5. Used to sneak into jazz and funk clubs and met Mc Solaar, soul 2 soul and such when he was 15.

Tax law is the cool profession confirmed.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
which part of that is cool?

;)

Hahaha

Destiny of course!!!

Look I carried our firm's report in a firm branded binding in a firm branded plastic wallet in a firm branded plastic bag and signed documents with a firm branded pen. The only way I could be cooler is if I was wearing firm branded sunglasses.

I could go back to Destiny, I have The Dark Below and House of Wolves already from the limited edition but I think I took one look at TDB and was like "I can't be fucked with this".

One day I will give it another go and when I do I will be sure to join your Fireteam.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I could go back to Destiny, I have The Dark Below and House of Wolves already from the limited edition but I think I took one look at TDB and was like "I can't be fucked with this".

One day I will give it another go and when I do I will be sure to join your Fireteam.

I was the same but House of Wolves made me get back into it - it's an awful lot better than TDB. Less grindy too. Plus Jimbor and Jed (RIP) and Skele7on (RIP) are all now crack smokers.

NinjaBoiX

I feel your pain bro.

I bought the expansion pack and almost immediately regretted it. Like, I barely play this game anyway, and now I suddenly feel compelled to play it.

I dunno, it's like it's been designed in such a way that it's like "either give your life to Destiny or just don't even bother."

It's brilliant play, but it ask for such a commitment to get the most out of it.

I just don't have the time in my life.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I finally finished the Witcher and now loaded up Assassins of Kings with my save file transferred over. Man the sequel is so much more slick, I actually busted out my game pad to play and combat feels so much better. The combat was hot garbage in the first game, so anything after that was going to be great, but the fluidity and sparkle of the sequel is icing on the cake.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hendricks is the one you drink with a slice of cucumber right?

If you like! As a Scotsman I drink it straight from the bottle while swearing at passing cars and trying to fight myself.

But yeah, Cucumber does tend to go with it as there is extract of same in the distillation process.

--

edit!

Got a cheap Playstation Vita TV thing this week, worth it for TxK on a bigger screen if nothing else :

CH9YEjnWwAAO27X.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
If you like! As a Scotsman I drink it straight from the bottle while swearing at passing cars and trying to fight myself.

But yeah, Cucumber does tend to go with it as there is extract of same in the distillation process.

--

edit!

Got a cheap Playstation Vita TV thing this week, worth it for TxK on a bigger screen if nothing else :

CH9YEjnWwAAO27X.jpg

Love it! What's the PSTV like? I'm tempted because it's cheap but not sure how much I'd use it.

-

Quite enjoying call of duty advanced warfare this afternoon. It's really quite exhilerating.

NinjaBoiX

I nearly got a PS TV to play in the sitting room, but I basically just nerd in my room nowadays so I decided against it. If it supported Netflix I would've got one, but I just got an HDMI adaptor for my phone instead.

GTA 5 PS4 is glorious.

I just got Metro Redux from the PSN sale too, £12, boom!
Someones listening to Guy Garvey :p
But of course! I love Sundays on 6 Music, Cerys Matthews' show is great too.
Ive got the album that singles from.

The remix by the Propellerheads was better and the one that got the radio play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgfCFDHujc
Pretty nice. I think I prefer the other version though, those drums are just delicious.

8bit

Knows the Score
Love it! What's the PSTV like? I'm tempted because it's cheap but not sure how much I'd use it.

I picked it up as it was the local equivalent of just over a tenner, that's usually what the power & HDMI cables would cost anyway. I'm not really sure why it exists though, no Netflix or other useful media things and the interface is weird because it's the touch one but needs a controller. Haven't tried remote play for the PS4 though, I think that might be worthwhile.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I picked it up as it was the local equivalent of just over a tenner, that's usually what the power & HDMI cables would cost anyway. I'm not really sure why it exists though, no Netflix or other useful media things and the interface is weird because it's the touch one but needs a controller. Haven't tried remote play for the PS4 though, I think that might be worthwhile.

Bargain!!

I think Sony put it out as a gamble, saw forecasts and then decided there wasn't enough value in supporting it. Not entirely dissimilar to the Vita, sadly.

It's the main thing I've noticed since going back to the 3ds - the 3ds has a pretty good library and it just feels nice to use. At first the Vita stunned me but over the past 6-9 months it's really died. I'm looking forward to Galak- Z, Super Time Force and Super Meat Boy, but aside from that, the poor thing is going to be utterly dead unless you like Japanese niche games.

I do like Japanese games (shock!) but the Vita's ones are the nichiest of niche-y.

Any True Detective fans?

Season 2 just started, c'est bon. Interesting to see Vince Vaughn do drama, so far it looks like he could be really good in this. He's done non-comedy roles before; he played Norman Bates in the Psycho remake and he did not bad there. Its odd that he's found so much work in comedy when he's not really very funny.

Also Hannibal is so good. Very dark, very surreal. Highly recommended.

hold on, super meat boy is being ported to the vita? why?

anyway vince vaughn was a terrible choice for psycho, the guy is too physically imposing to play what should be a meek, non-threatening character.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Any True Detective fans?

Season 2 just started, c'est bon. Interesting to see Vince Vaughn do drama, so far it looks like he could be really good in this. He's done non-comedy roles before; he played Norman Bates in the Psycho remake and he did not bad there. Its odd that he's found so much work in comedy when he's not really very funny.

Is season 2 cannon? I haven't had the time recently to catch up on season 1 since I haven't seen it before.

If it's not then I'll be watching it tonight. From what I hear the first season was pretty great.

The_Poet

Banned
Any True Detective fans?

Also Hannibal is so good. Very dark, very surreal. Highly recommended.

You must be forgetting his classics such as The Watch, The Breakup, The Dilemma and The Internship. Some of the best determiner + noun/verb titled films starring Vince Vaughn out there!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
hold on, super meat boy is being ported to the vita? why?

anyway vince vaughn was a terrible choice for psycho, the guy is too physically imposing to play what should be a meek, non-threatening character.

It's being ported especially for the one person who hasn't played it yet. That person is me.

Top Bottom