• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

This is true. The BBC website is mostly shite. However the comments of yours are exactly attributable to the telegraph too.

I wouldn't know, I don't read the Telegraph. The talk of their commercial interests clashing with their journalistic ones has made them totally irrelevant.

I work nearby (just 1 stop away on the DLR). It's an ok place, can be a bit rough but Idris Elba's from there and he turned out alright.

Thanks for the info, yeah my cousin says its kinda different, so to speak, but since i'm going to move he will help me for the first months. Then will see.

Never been in England i hope i can adapt myself.

Qasiel

Thanks for the info, yeah my cousin says its kinda different, so to speak, but since i'm going to move he will help me for the first months. Then will see.

Never been in England i hope i can adapt myself.

They're doing a lot of work to the area which is improving it quite a bit from what I see. It's got some fantastic links (DLR, Tubes to nearby Stratford and central London etc.) too so you'll never be stuck for something to do/somewhere to go. The Excel centre is nearby too, if conventions are your thing.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know? I'm on night shifts for the next 3 nights and some of the lads here know there area better than I do so I could always ask them on your behalf.

They're doing a lot of work to the area which is improving it quite a bit from what I see. It's got some fantastic links (DLR, Tubes to nearby Stratford and central London etc.) too so you'll never be stuck for something to do/somewhere to go. The Excel centre is nearby too, if conventions are your thing.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know? I'm on night shifts for the next 3 nights and some of the lads here know there area better than I do so I could always ask them on your behalf.

Humm Excel centre looks like Exponor (also about conventions) in my country so yeah i will enjoy Excel centre
How is the cost of live there? My cousin said somethings but the more info the better.
Also i was searching in the internet i saw some news about the lack of safety and other things, it was a few years ago, don't see anything major in recent search.....

Btw how about videogames?? In time i will take my games with me, but i will probably buy a ps4 there. How's videogame stores, they have anything like amazon Uk (prices) ??

Qasiel

Humm Excel centre looks like Exponor (also about conventions) in my country so yeah i will enjoy Excel centre
How is the cost of live there? My cousin said somethings but the more info the better.
Also i was searching in the internet i saw some news about the lack of safety and other things, it was a few years ago, don't see anything major in recent search.....

Btw how about videogames?? In time i will take my games with me, but i will probably buy a ps4 there. How's videogame stores, they have anything like amazon Uk (prices) ??

Ok, cost of living's probably not as expensive in that area as it will be in the next few years, what with the regeneration project that's currently happening. However, it's still North of the river, and quite close to it too, which may push prices up. Crime's on a decline from last year too, it seems, but it's still a little high compared to other areas of London.

Videogame stores are mainly dominated by the franchise GAME. Their prices are a little higher than Amazon and they were in a spot of bother financially a couple of years ago. Another high street option to shop for games/consoles (especially second-hand games) is CEX. Their stock varies from store-to-store but they've had a good supply every time I've gone into one. Amazon seems to corner the market on prices, though.

The_Poet

Banned
Apple music is pretty good. Its nailed my tastes and is suggesting some good stuff.

Deffo considering getting a subscription after this 3 month trial.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Apple music is pretty good. Its nailed my tastes and is suggesting some good stuff.

I might try it out. I'm gonna try tidal too to see if the higher audio quality actually makes a difference.

Reading a book about the Manson Family at the moment. It's unnerving.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I wouldn't know, I don't read the Telegraph. The talk of their commercial interests clashing with their journalistic ones has made them totally irrelevant.

As it should. They are a total disgrace in terms of integrity and are devolving into buzzfeedian shite (Although buzzfeed does do solid journalism, funded by clickbait).

Frank is a great little movie. They'd be my new favourite band if they were real.

I was really surprised it didn't get more critical buzz, I saw it on release day and expected it to get that nice bubble of excitement but it never came. I like how it handled the mental illness/artistic expression paradigm. Plus the music was weirdly good.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Dislike how it turns the music app UI into a giant clusterfuck advert for streaming and popular music that you can't disable. It basically destroys the simplicity and flow of the original UI that had Songs Artists Albums and Playlists.

Not worth the headache when music recommendations can be gotten for free and done better elsewhere (spotify, pandora, etc.).

The_Poet

Banned
Dislike how it turns the music app UI into a giant clusterfuck advert for streaming and popular music that you can't disable. It basically destroys the simplicity and flow of the original UI that had Songs Artists Albums and Playlists.

Not worth the headache when music recommendations can be gotten for free and done better elsewhere (spotify, pandora, etc.).

Disagree. Spotify is terrible at recommendations ("oh you like this artists song? heres the entire back catalogue recommended, just for you.") Pandora is pretty good but you have to go through a proxy over here in the UK, making it no use for mobile.

Apple music has suggested some oddly specific playlists which I didnt even realise was a genre (indie falsettos was a great one) that fits my taste .Its like the others though, the more you use it the better it gets at suggestions.

Reknoc

Haven't really been impressed by Apple Music yet. Not got anything I was missing on Spotify, and it seems less suited to listening to on my mobile whilst on the bus.

Not really checked out its recommendations yet though, so I'll give that a try later.

Disagree. Spotify is terrible at recommendations ("oh you like this artists song? heres the entire back catalogue recommended, just for you.") Pandora is pretty good but you have to go through a proxy over here in the UK, making it no use for mobile.

I once had Spotify tell me that, because I like the Ben Folds Five, maybe I've like Ben Folds. Yeah, maybe!

Reknoc

As far as I can tell, nothing impresses you :D

:(

maybe if we were talking about the new FFXIV expansion I'd say how impressed I was but alas. Which makes me even saltier about Apple Music because the soundtrack is on itunes but not Apple Music :(((((((((((

I guess I'll check out these electronic playlists it's giving me on the bus home.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Stopped reading there.

Btw, Does Kerrang Radio ever play anything else apart from Enter Shikari? They had Torn Apart on like 5 times every day.

EDIT: I tell a lie, they also play Royal Blood.

Why is it that the only girls' band t shirts you can get are for 'those kind' of heavy bands.

All I want is a Torche t shirt! Or a kylesa one! Even baroness! Or red fang! But noooooo girls only like fall out boy, asking alexandria and that kind of shite

NinjaBoiX

Huh? These were all pretty much the first result of a Google search (no Torche one though):

iezwVEj.jpg

XTIF4Z8.jpg

yODroYR.jpg

...Musha?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Those shirts show too much skin for sploatee. Unless only the eyes are showing, it is a shameful garment that brings sin.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Those shirts show too much skin for sploatee. Unless only the eyes are showing, it is a shameful garment that brings sin.

True. But also google image search doesn't mean purchasable from shop.

I found alternatives. Basically endless Mastodon shirts, a nirvana shirt of that smiley face but a take the piss version that says banana instead, some skinny jeans
and some fancy Yohji Yamamoto x Adidas shoes.

I've lost a stone you see! 😎

NinjaBoiX

You should try Affleck's Palace in NQ sploatee, they sell loads of that kind of stuff. There's actually a shop dedicated to band merch.

Yup to all this. To be fair, they are all. Maggie "Don't touch my fucking Theremin" Garglehill took me most by surprise.

Yeeeeesssssssssss she was awesome. I've got a lot of love for Maggie anyway thanks to Secretary but she was so badass.

True story: I've always wanted a theremin. I don't know why I haven't bought myself one yet.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeeeesssssssssss she was awesome. I've got a lot of love for Maggie anyway thanks to Secretary but she was so badass.

True story: I've always wanted a theremin. I don't know why I haven't bought myself one yet.

Because they're flicking expensive. I had a handheld one. It was shite.

True Story: I've always wanted a papier-mâché head.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Underrated. Nightmarish. My life.

Get some Oxes in you then.

On it, boss.

I have discovered the joys of playing the same 5 songs from Songs For The Deaf on my guitar over and over and over and over again. I really want to get a better amp and find a band somewhere that just wants to play stoner met. Also rhythm guitar for life. I'm so over lead.

Reknoc

Okay there's a couple of Locust Toybox albums on here, I've changed my mind completely on Apple Music. It's pretty good.

Ok, cost of living's probably not as expensive in that area as it will be in the next few years, what with the regeneration project that's currently happening. However, it's still North of the river, and quite close to it too, which may push prices up. Crime's on a decline from last year too, it seems, but it's still a little high compared to other areas of London.

Videogame stores are mainly dominated by the franchise GAME. Their prices are a little higher than Amazon and they were in a spot of bother financially a couple of years ago. Another high street option to shop for games/consoles (especially second-hand games) is CEX. Their stock varies from store-to-store but they've had a good supply every time I've gone into one. Amazon seems to corner the market on prices, though.

Always thought the the online market was almost the same as the local market in England...

Thanks for the info, i guess now i just in anticipation for when i go there.
In September i will do a update.

The_Poet

Banned
I saw Genisysys last night, enjoyed it a lot.

Its dumb and cheesy like the old films and has plenty of nods to them (even duplicating scenes down to the minutia, which was cool). It never felt bloated plot wise and the Terminator fights were awesome.

Its not a masterpiece but I don't understand the bad reviews its getting

Ya'll may have talked about this, but does anyone else really get annoyed at that Volvo advert on the radio that talks about the car (V40) being all lovely and that, and then at the end says "Plus we sell it super cheap with loads of finance available, so it's tuned for the British economy too!" Fuck off, man. I know Volvo are Swedish and everything in Sweden is all milk and money and that, but it ain't 2008 any more. We have higher GDP growth and lower unemployment and very comparable household income, so go suck a nut, Volvo.

Ya'll may have talked about this, but does anyone else really get annoyed at that Volvo advert on the radio that talks about the car (V40) being all lovely and that, and then at the end says "Plus we sell it super cheap with loads of finance available, so it's tuned for the British economy too!" Fuck off, man. I know Volvo are Swedish and everything in Sweden is all milk and money and that, but it ain't 2008 any more. We have higher GDP growth and lower unemployment and very comparable household income, so go suck a nut, Volvo.

Is that the annoying one about Brits love a double act, like... Dec and Ant? HAHAHA WE'RE SO FUNNY no fuck off it wasn't funny two weeks ago and still isn't

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Apple music has suggested some oddly specific playlists which I didnt even realise was a genre (indie falsettos was a great one) that fits my taste .Its like the others though, the more you use it the better it gets at suggestions.

try MixRadio - I used to work there and although you can't stream full tracks, it does recomendation stuff really well - but it is a radio like service, so you can't see what tracks are coming up until they play.

Apple music seems pretty limited in learning what I like, but maybe I haven't given it long enough yet.

Is that the annoying one about Brits love a double act, like... Dec and Ant? HAHAHA WE'RE SO FUNNY no fuck off it wasn't funny two weeks ago and still isn't

That's the one. And his almost-British-but-slightly-foreign-Scandanavian-snoot-bag voice is annoying too.

I mean, it's no Selco advert, is it? IT'S WHERE THE TRADE GOES!

Top Bottom