• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

You don't have to get a relationship going to be happy, Daps. Having healthy friendships, dating, and really enjoying your time spent alone goes a longer way towards a happy future than simply seeking a relationship so you aren't "forever alone".

I have the first one but I don't date and I spend far too much time on my own to enjoy it or for it to be healthy.

I might follow the example of one of the thread's dearly departed and hit up Tinder. Is there a Tinder spinoff that you can only join if you can pronounce all your words correctly?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I have the first one but I don't date and I spend far too much time on my own to enjoy it or for it to be healthy.

I might follow the example of one of the thread's dearly departed and hit up Tinder. Is there a Tinder spinoff that you can only join if you can pronounce all your words correctly?

Yeah, it's called T1ND3A.

Grindr

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Try match.com if you're looking for a relationship. It's worked for a lot of my friends although I think it's a bit tougher if you're a bloke.

Mikeside

Try joining a club of whatever you're into.

I can see you getting into theatre or creative writing.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

I always got the impression Match was for slightly more mature users in their late twenties or early thirties and above. As such when I dipped my toes in online dating I decided to use OK Cupid and found the denizens wishy washy and lost interest.

I don't do clubs, a society would be much easier and along those lines if I was a student but those days are behind me, I'd keep an eye out though.

This is my quest, to get some poontang I can relate to.

Argh! That's awful!!!!!!! Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you done all the necessaries like ensuring your provider has shut down your account etc?

I know what it's like to lose a phone and it's fucking awful.

Yeah I called the police and reported it stolen, called the network and they blocked the sim and blacklisted the phone. Nothing else I can do.

Count me in! Now to just figure out who you are on Facebook...!

Well she's on my friend's list and considering you know most of my friends she shouldn't be too hard to find...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah I called the police and reported it stolen, called the network and they blocked the sim and blacklisted the phone. Nothing else I can do.

Sucks. Good luck and hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible.

-

This week has been the most brutal work week I've had in a long time. Was working from 8am ish to midnight last night (admittedly with a lunch hour and evening break) and straight back into it again. Couldn't even get to sleep until 2am because my brain was still in the land of exchange rates and spreadsheets and deciphering the unrestricted market value of securities for UK tax purposes :S

I really want to treat myself to something for surviving and I'd normally buy a game but I have so many already I've not even properly started there's no point. I am looking forward to playing some more Calladuty and Dragon Age later though. My K/D is nearly 1 now on Calladuty! It's very compulsive and fast. And Dragon Age is the first RPG that I kind of/mostly get (after hating it the first time around). So that's nice.

How's everyone?

Mikeside

I got stuck in hours of traffic on the M1 because of that stupid fucking lorry full of batteries going fireball mode.

I was about 8 cars back southbound when they closed the motorway - at least I got free water.

8 hours in a van with no AC in 37 degree heat made me want to cry, though.

Qasiel

Last day off for 6 shifts and I'm debating wether to go and do some gardening before the rain supposedly hits. I'm tempted just to play more Elite Dangerous, though.

In any case I should be getting out of bed.

SKINNER!

Banned
I got stuck in hours of traffic on the M1 because of that stupid fucking lorry full of batteries going fireball mode.

I was about 8 cars back southbound when they closed the motorway - at least I got free water.

8 hours in a van with no AC in 37 degree heat made me want to cry, though.

:( brutal.

*shrug* You've got comic book people/work people/band people etc. that you know and I don't. We don't hang out as much as we used to these days either too, so it's not really surprising. :)

We need to rectify that

Sucks. Good luck and hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible.

How's everyone?

Cheers sploat, but I've already resigned myself to the fact that it's most likely I will have to fork out full whack for a new phone.

Does anyone know of any way around this at all? I'm only 9 months into a 24 month contract paying off the original phone :(

Ex Machina is pretty good.

Yes, yes it is.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Me and my blasted memory. As it turns out, I had completely forgotten that I had already purchased the Big Hero 6 3D BD last week, and I only just bought it again at a different store. Glad I kept the receipt for the one for last week, because I'm not treking an hour's bus ride just to return the new one.

Volotaire

Hmm I'm playing through Resistance 1 right now. I was wondering what your opinions are on it, since from my perspective on this 9 year old game is a bland, uninspired FPS with interesting weapons and a story that does disservice to its setting. Perhaps it really was a 'you had to be there' shooter, but even then, I can think of multiple PC FPS's at the time that put this to shame.

Vashetti

Banned
Me and my blasted memory. As it turns out, I had completely forgotten that I had already purchased the Big Hero 6 3D BD last week, and I only just bought it again at a different store. Glad I kept the receipt for the one for last week, because I'm not treking an hour's bus ride just to return the new one.

Might want to return the first one too, had to shut it off after 20 minutes, what an overly-mawkish piece of shit.

Had an awesome day down at the seaside yesterday, caught the sun, barbecued steak and shrimp, and spent the evening doing a jigsaw puzzle. Actually starting to enjoy not being tied to a phone.

Hey so here's something British that is going to cause a strong, opinionated reaction.

Chris Moyles doing XFM breakfast from September.

....and Vernon Kay is going to have the slot right after him.

XFM used to be a great station before Capital Radio bought them up.

I get the Moyles rumour, but who, WHO, ever said "Yeah I'd love to hear Vernon Kay on the radio"? The best episode of his Radio 1 show was the weekend after he was revealed for doing the saucy texts and he had to be all apologetic about it. Otherwise? Guff.

I like a bit of XFM recently, though a station that plays Coldplay's new stuff as often as they can't pretend to be indie/alternative.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My radio alarm clock died so as a result my radio listening dropped to rock bottom. Really need to buy a new one.

I get the Moyles rumour, but who, WHO, ever said "Yeah I'd love to hear Vernon Kay on the radio"? The best episode of his Radio 1 show was the weekend after he was revealed for doing the saucy texts and he had to be all apologetic about it. Otherwise? Guff.

I like a bit of XFM recently, though a station that plays Coldplay's new stuff as often as they can't pretend to be indie/alternative.

I think they're going for the 'blokey' Absolute radio demographic. It will be interesting to see what happens to their playlist once it changes.

I think they're going for the 'blokey' Absolute radio demographic. It will be interesting to see what happens to their playlist once it changes.

It makes sense - it's not a demographic that Global really cater for now. And there's been some slight relaxing of music formats that will help them do that. I think you're right - they'll twist it a bit more that way. But without random interjections from Matt Berry.

But blokey, still. No-one wants to hear Vernon Kay. There's blokey and there's horrendous.

Anyone from Canning Town??

In September i will travel to London, my cousin lives in Canning Town and for first months (maybe) i will live there. I like to know how is it there.

Qasiel

Anyone from Canning Town??

In September i will travel to London, my cousin lives in Canning Town and for first months (maybe) i will live there. I like to know how is it there.

I work nearby (just 1 stop away on the DLR). It's an ok place, can be a bit rough but Idris Elba's from there and he turned out alright.

NinjaBoiX

If you aren't listening to 6 Music or a dash of Radio 1 when it's not doing its midday Now That's What I Call Music 2015 guff then you're doing radio wrong. BBC radio is basically what I pay my licence fee for at this point. Radio 1's Glastonbury coverage was excellent.

Commercial radio with its obnoxious and intrusive, "ram the tag line down your throat with repetitive sound bites because we have no visual aid" adverts is the work of the devil.
Vernon Kay could never have been as bad as that time 6music replaced Gideon Coe with George Fucking Lamb.
Huh? He still has a slot doesn't he?

Edit:

a59.gif

"Gigiditty"

Speaking of 6music, there's a good in depth article on it by esquire magazine:

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/music/8523/how-6-music-defined-the-music-we-listen-to-today/

Keaveny asks Paul Weller if he’s read Wonderland Avenue, the autobiography by The Doors’ manager, Danny Sugerman. He relates Sugerman’s first encounter with Iggy Pop: driving around a corner in Beverly Hills to find him smashing up a Cadillac with a golf club.

“Fucking great,” says Keaveny. “You know, you can pretty much guarantee Marcus Mumford’s never done that.”

“They’ve gone rock though, haven’t they?” says Weller, of Mumford & Sons’ new, less folk-oriented direction.

“They’ve ‘gone rock’,” laughs Keaveny.

“Got leather jackets on, the hair up…” says Weller. “‘Fuck the cider and banjos, let’s have it!’
Apparently George Lamb was hired to attract female listeners.

Guy Garvey's living room studio
jpyPywm.jpg

Blue Lou

What does BritGAF think of The Telegraph's comment that the BBC website is too "imperial"?

The Telegraph have said the BBC website moved away from its core function and now competes with national newspapers too much.

Mr Osborne is also right to highlight its “imperial” website. If ever there was an example of how the BBC has drifted from its core function, it is the website, which consumes vast sums of public money, with the apparent intention of competing with a British newspaper industry that already provides world‑class online journalism.
The BBC of late has forgotten why it exists and who pays for it. It must remember both, soon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/11719843/The-imperial-BBC.html

Huh? He still has a slot doesn't he?

Yeah, 9pm. He used to have the 10am slot.

Apparently George Lamb was hired to attract female listeners.

I can see why Coe wouldn't appeal to women at all, but I can't see why Lamb would either. I think they've done much better with Laverne in that slot now!

What does BritGAF think of The Telegraph's comment that the BBC website is too "imperial"?

The Telegraph have said the BBC website moved away from its core function and now competes with national newspapers too much.

It's difficult to read that as anything other than "we don't like the BBC website because it cuts into our ad revenue."

That said, the website isn't really what it was. It's all getting a bit Buzzfeed clickbait in places and is a bit gross. The new homepage is horrific as well, not looking forward to when that becomes compulsory.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I don't know enough about it but I'm sceptical about a newspaper like the Torygraph using the word 'imperial'. The BBC is a more valuable entity than the Torygraph, imo.

that is such a fucking tory comment. i love how they're rolling out all the checkbox moves right now; cutting inheritance tax, trimming benefits, claiming the bbc is some massive burden. fuck sake.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It's difficult to read that as anything other than "we don't like the BBC website because it cuts into our ad revenue."

That said, the website isn't really what it was. It's all getting a bit Buzzfeed clickbait in places and is a bit gross. The new homepage is horrific as well, not looking forward to when that becomes compulsory.

This is true. The BBC website is mostly shite. However the comments of yours are exactly attributable to the telegraph too.

Top Bottom