• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

The_Poet

Banned
Sup Britgaf.

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc)
Cambridge
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to?
Software Engineer
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?
Anything.
Favourite daytime TV show?
Fish or chips?
You have both surely!
Daddy or chips?
Chips.
What's your tipple of choice?
Quite partial to Crabbies spiced ginger wine at the season, otherwise I'll drink whatever is put in front of me.
Favourite party snack?
Onion rings, the crisps. Not the cooked kind. Some people seem to have a hard time differentiating them...
Who is the best bald person?
Phil MItchell
What's your disappointing claim to fame?
I met the Chuckle Brothers after seeing them at a stage show. They called me Fireman Sam, my five year old mind decided that I no longer liked them after that. Least I've met two of the people from the BBC that haven't been revealed to be a paedophile yet I guess.
What's your perfect Sunday?
Quiet space and enough time to sit back and relax before work panic sets in.
Did you threaten to overrule him?
Maybe
Possibly
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?
I took advice on what I could or could not do.

Welcome

What sort of software do you engineer?

Skele7on

Banned
Sup Britgaf.

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc)
Cambridge
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to?
Software Engineer
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end?
Anything.
Favourite daytime TV show?
Fish or chips?
You have both surely!
Daddy or chips?
Chips.
What's your tipple of choice?
Quite partial to Crabbies spiced ginger wine at the season, otherwise I'll drink whatever is put in front of me.
Favourite party snack?
Onion rings, the crisps. Not the cooked kind. Some people seem to have a hard time differentiating them...
Who is the best bald person?
Phil MItchell
What's your disappointing claim to fame?
I met the Chuckle Brothers after seeing them at a stage show. They called me Fireman Sam, my five year old mind decided that I no longer liked them after that. Least I've met two of the people from the BBC that haven't been revealed to be a paedophile yet I guess.
What's your perfect Sunday?
Quiet space and enough time to sit back and relax before work panic sets in.
Maybe
Possibly
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him?
I took advice on what I could or could not do.

Welcome to our weird clan, I hope you like insults. we're proper BANTZZZZZZZZ

Ashes

Banned
Hey Stalk.

Insider Britgaf tip:

If anybody calls you a jnr, don't react to it like they called your ma something resembling her nether regions, or your gaf life will be short. Just say something like 'k.' in response. Or something. And move on.

Then again. Maybe you ought to react and go out like a ball of fire.

Stalk

Welcome

What sort of software do you engineer?

Security mostly, focusing on testing side of things at the moment, building harnesses and whatnot.

Welcome to our weird clan, I hope you like insults. we're proper BANTZZZZZZZZ

It's like getting a text from anyone from my hometown. It's almost warm and inviting...

Hey Stalk.

Insider Britgaf tip:

If anybody calls you a jnr, don't react to it like they called your ma something resembling her nether regions, or your gaf life will be short. Just say something like 'k.' in response. Or something. And move on.

Then again. Maybe you ought to react and go out like a ball of fire.

"jnr"? What'd you say about my mum? I'll have you mate.

Hey BritGAF. What gigs do ya'll have lined up? I'm going to (all Bristol):

An Acoustic Evening With: Devin Townsend
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Akira Yamaoka
Katzenjammer

And probably:

The Music of Twin Peaks: Xiu Xiu
The Album Leaf
SikTh

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Akira Yamaoka
Katzenjammer

And probably:

The Album Leaf
SikTh

can i have a translation please?

Tame Impala is my list :) plus maybe the Foals

Sup Britgaf.

Welcome Stalk!

I don't suppose you got your name from Saga...?

CHEEZMO™;178109498 said:

Shit, lucky no one's head came off. How fast was he going to get all the way under the bridge before stopping?

Akira Yamaoka
Katzenjammer

And probably:

The Album Leaf
SikTh

You should go see this band called Inside the Circle in Islington on Friday, I hear they're really good.

Volotaire

I just read the BBC News report on it. Unlike the London bus slice/crash, It seems like this was quite a serious case given there are people with serious injuries.

Stalk

Welcome Stalk!

I don't suppose you got your name from Saga...?

Nah, was just typing random words into a WoW character name years a'go, do read Saga mind. Can't wait for the next one.

No gigs on my end, was thinking of going to see Anti-flag in London but the date is a bit awkward (I've got to move house that month too :<)

Palmer27

Oh, for goodness' sake you lot!

Code:
                       ______________________________                     ________________________ 
                       |                             |                    |                       |
Palmer's Dad   =  Palmer's Mum               Palmer's Mum's Sister = PALMER'S UNCLE          PALMER'S UNCLE'S BROTHER
               |                                (PALMER'S AUNT)                                (Comedian Tim Key)
               |
           Palmer27

Cheers - that's a pretty good way of explaining it. Nope NOoooT his son. Sorry for not replying sooner. I'm new to neogaf and hadn't realised that my inbox wouldn't show replies - I've speant two weeks figuring no-one replied to anything I posted before discovering I can search for my name to see replies. Sigh.

Qasiel

I'm very jealous. I'm a massive Devin fan and I have to miss out this time as the day of the London date I'm off to Cornwall. My brother wants me to go to the Brighton one, though.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I just read the BBC News report on it. Unlike the London bus slice/crash, It seems like this was quite a serious case given there are people with serious injuries.

Dang, I'd only heard info through family and facebook (it happened kinda local). Didn't know people might be seriously hurt.

Birmingham is such a shit hole, fuck all to do here!

I might be paying a visit to that fine city for the first time in my life at the end of this month.

The_Poet

Banned
Security mostly, focusing on testing side of things at the moment, building harnesses and whatnot.

Ugh testing is the worst. I'm a UX designer, why should I have to test my code when I know its always perfect first time?! It's patronizing I tell ya.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Cheers - that's a pretty good way of explaining it. Nope NOoooT his son. Sorry for not replying sooner. I'm new to neogaf and hadn't realised that my inbox wouldn't show replies - I've speant two weeks figuring no-one replied to anything I posted before discovering I can search for my name to see replies. Sigh.

Good to see you back Palmer. You'll figure it out eventually.

Stalk

CHEEZMO™;178164944 said:
I might be paying a visit to that fine city for the first time in my life at the end of this month.

EGX? I'm heading down for that personally at the end of the month. Rather Brum than some of the places I'm forced to go for work, like Crawley.

Ugh testing is the worst. I'm a UX designer, why should I have to test my code when I know its always perfect first time?! It's patronizing I tell ya.

Well maybe you should try a little harder ;) I mean all your job is, is throwing a button somewhere on the UI m8.

I don't mind testing that much but ensuring full coverage is a pain and since I'm still an industry newbie my reviews hurt like hell haha.

Anyone here appreciate a good political punk track? Leftover Crack nostalgia all up in here.

Love these guys, saw star fucking hipsters in Bournemouth once. Didn't even know I was seeing them at the time, think that will be today's work music.

AcridMeat

Banned
Love these guys, saw star fucking hipsters in Bournemouth once. Didn't even know I was seeing them at the time, think that will be today's work music.
I like you Stalk. I've been going through Morning Glory, Leftover Crack, InDk, and Choking Victim.

Also Propagandhi and Suicide Machines. Ahh fuck I wish I could redo basically age 15+

Going to bristol next weekend for a little holiday with the bird to see Action Bronson.

Can anyone recommend some places to visit and a good place to go eat?

Was gonna go Dismaland but tickets sold out.

Stalk

I like you Stalk. I've been going through Morning Glory, Leftover Crack, InDk, and Choking Victim.

Also Propagandhi and Suicide Machines. Ahh fuck I wish I could redo basically age 15+

Mostly soundtracks atm for me but when I dip back it has been them and The Distillers. Bomb the music industry have quickly become a new favourite too. My formative years were mostly stuff like Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid and their ilk. Think first gig I ever went to was Stiff Little Fingers haha.

As a side note, after living in Cambridge most of my life, I still have no idea why I think that getting a bus will be quicker some days ugh. Left the house 40mins ago. Could have walked it in that.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Alien Isolation is absolutely schooling me and I love it. Brings back memories of Dark Souls :)

it's not the most forgiving game, is it?

I saw you = you die
I heard you = you die
I sneaked up behind you = you die
You tried to run = you die
I tricked you into coming out of that cupboard = you die

Basically, you die you die you die you die you die yay I made about 2 mins of progress then I died! and then it starts again

Skele7on

Banned

Akira Yamaoka
Katzenjammer

And probably:

The Album Leaf
SikTh

I saw bring me the horizon on Sunday, surprisingly good.

The_Poet

Banned
Well maybe you should try a little harder ;) I mean all your job is, is throwing a button somewhere on the UI m8.

Hey man, those pretty colours don't come out of thin air.

We tried getting a bunch of toddlers with finger paints to make our GUI's once. Users couldn't tell the difference but there are laws against child labour

Anyone here appreciate a good political punk track? Leftover Crack nostalgia all up in here.

I liked this

I will check out all of these too

Mostly soundtracks atm for me but when I dip back it has been them and The Distillers. Bomb the music industry have quickly become a new favourite too. My formative years were mostly stuff like Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid and their ilk. Think first gig I ever went to was Stiff Little Fingers haha.

You have good taste in music.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You're missing my favourite where 2 Working Joes kick you to death under a table.

i still have nightmares about those robots

:D

the game is so sadistic. I love it! I think I'm a good chunk through chapter 6 (the medical bay bit) and it's (so far) really something unique. I've never felt so hunted by a game. Feels really pure, basically player vs alien AI.

Skele7on

Banned
:D

the game is so sadistic. I love it! I think I'm a good chunk through chapter 6 (the medical bay bit) and it's (so far) really something unique. I've never felt so hunted by a game. Feels really pure, basically player vs alien AI.

Remember to make a LTTP thread ;)

Skele7on

Banned
Ha!

What the world needs now is one of those!

Knowing my gaming habits I'll grow to hate it before the end anyway. hashtag fickle hashtag love or hate no in between

Destiny next week... DESTINY.....

I'm off to the London launch party, going to get so so smashed and take pictures.

Stalk

Hey man, those pretty colours don't come out of thin air.

We tried getting a bunch of toddlers with finger paints to make our GUI's once. Users couldn't tell the difference but there are laws against child labour

You gotta outsource man. Outsource.

Been mostly diving between Danganronpa: Another Episode, MGS5 and Destiny on the gaming front. Bought Destiny last year but then sold it when I needed some money and just finished the 1.0 story last week. Logged on this morning and got to level 19 but not really sure what to do.

If anyone gets up to anything or wants to point me in the right direction give me a poke hah.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo...

I got a pay rise and letter commending me on how well and quickly I've taken to my new role...

...then immediately made a huge fuck up by sending an email campaign to the same audience twice (5,000 becomes 10,000) on the very same day that our MD is meeting with the company to make a bid for doing all their future email work.

I'm fucked, aren't I?

Alien Isolation is absolutely schooling me and I love it. Brings back memories of Dark Souls :)

it's not the most forgiving game, is it?

I saw you = you die
I heard you = you die
I sneaked up behind you = you die
You tried to run = you die
I tricked you into coming out of that cupboard = you die

Basically, you die you die you die you die you die yay I made about 2 mins of progress then I died! and then it starts again

Word of advice: don't use cupboards or lockers unless you have absolutely, positively no other choice.

Top Bottom