• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

...then immediately made a huge fuck up by sending an email campaign to the same audience twice (5,000 becomes 10,000) on the very same day that our MD is meeting with the company to make a bid for doing all their future email work.

I'm fucked, aren't I?

Is that a costly mistake or does it just look bad?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Meat, I don't understand why sending the same email twice is such a catastrophic fuck up. Well done on the pay rise though!

Cheers, man.

It's more because the MD is going to tender for their email contract at the same time. A fuck is a fuck up in a clients eyes. Imagine: here's one marketing company that fucked up and here is one that didn't. Who would you go with?

Plus, our MD has a very long memory and it looks spammy as fuck from our end which is a huuuuge no-no.

I'd say in terms of mistakes that's a pretty minor one, if the mail was important and was never sent in the first place (WE ARE CLOSING ON YOUR HOUSE kind of stuff) then maybe yeah. Wouldn't fret.

True. It's all relative I suppose. It's the bad timing more than anything.

Hi, by the way. I used to live Cambs. Worked in the Rat and Parrot and the Tram Depot. You live in town? They still got the Reality Checkpoint in the park outside that hotel? Saved me many times.

Stalk

Hi, by the way. I used to live Cambs. Worked in the Rat and Parrot and the Tram Depot. You live in town? They still got the Reality Checkpoint in the park outside that hotel? Saved me many times.

Just a little out of town, they've still got that around aye. Never really taken it in though hah, actually didn't know it had a name till googling that... More Cherry Hinton than Cambridge but not far enough into Cherry Hinton to be it hah.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Just a little out of town, they've still got that around aye. Never really taken it in though hah, actually didn't know it had a name till googling that...

I recall the words being haphazardly etched into the side, possibly by fingernails in one last, desperate cry for help before succumbing to alcohol induced amnesia and being hit by a bike.

Edit: I didn't realise it had its own wiki page! :D

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Destiny next week... DESTINY.....

I'm off to the London launch party, going to get so so smashed and take pictures.

I've quit! Cancelled my TTK CE pre order and everything. I'm out for good. Still get shakes now and again and have to remind myself of the 12 steps but so far so good. Enjoy though!!

Soooo...

I got a pay rise and letter commending me on how well and quickly I've taken to my new role...

...then immediately made a huge fuck up by sending an email campaign to the same audience twice (5,000 becomes 10,000) on the very same day that our MD is meeting with the company to make a bid for doing all their future email work.

I'm fucked, aren't I?

Word of advice: don't use cupboards or lockers unless you have absolutely, positively no other choice.

You will be ok! It's more of an embarrassing one than a fatal one! You'll feel mortified but in the grand scheme honestly it's super teensy.

Thanks for the tip! Sometimes for a giggle I'll run at him for a hug. But he doesn't like it. :-(

NinjaBoiX

Meat, I wouldn't worry to much about that. I hear what you're saying, "a fuck up is a fuck up", but I'm with sploat, it's a minor one in the grand scheme of things.
That explains why he's on my ignore list.
XIte7vh.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
Mostly soundtracks atm for me but when I dip back it has been them and The Distillers. Bomb the music industry have quickly become a new favourite too. My formative years were mostly stuff like Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid and their ilk. Think first gig I ever went to was Stiff Little Fingers haha.

As a side note, after living in Cambridge most of my life, I still have no idea why I think that getting a bus will be quicker some days ugh. Left the house 40mins ago. Could have walked it in that.
Yep I listened to Bad Religion, some NOFX, The Vandals, Offspring etc.
I will check out all of these too
Muuuuuuush, I listened to this Propagandhi song when I was 15 or 16 and was floored.

Reknoc

Isn't Birmingham the prime scene in the UK for pedophiles? I'm pretty sure I eat somewhere that there are loads of massive pedos there.

I don't think a TV show makes up for the scum that inhabit the place.

This is too perfect a post that now I think you're an alt.

TwiztidElf

I'm going to be in England for a few weeks and I seem to have my plans all sorted, but I'm hoping to spend a day in the Lakes District.
Please Brit-Gaf tell how to make the most of a day trip to the Lakes District.
Cheers.

The_Poet

Banned
I'm going to be in England for a few weeks and I seem to have my plans all sorted, but I'm hoping to spend a day in the Lakes District.
Please Brit-Gaf tell how to make the most of a day trip to the Lakes District.
Cheers.

Go for a walk around the lakes, they are really beautiful. Proceed to take tons of photos with your phone camera, which inevitably mutes the colours and beauty making it look like you went for a walk around a reservoir in Staines.

Post the album of approx. 2000 images of the same lake to facebook with the comment "great day out! :) :) :)" with a melancholic blankness across your face and a feeling of emtpyness. You will get 2 likes.

Go for a walk around the lakes, they are really beautiful. Proceed to take tons of photos with your phone camera, which inevitably mutes the colours and beauty making it look like you went for a walk around a reservoir in Staines.

Post the album of approx. 2000 images of the same lake to facebook with the comment "great day out! :) :) :)" with a melancholic blankness across your face and a feeling of emtpyness. You will get 2 likes.

Are you questioning the beauty of the resevoirs in Staines?

How dare you.

Mr. Sam

Anybody got any non-fiction videogame book recommendations? Preferably on Kindle - I've got a long flight tomorrow. I wanted to read both Masters of Doom and Game Over but they're both tricky to get hold of, particularly the latter.

Daffy Duck

I wish the weather would sort itself out.

I never know if I should wear a jumper or not at the moment, I do and it's boiling in the afternoon, I don't and it's either freezing cold or rains when I walk home.

The_Poet

Banned
Anybody got any non-fiction videogame book recommendations? Preferably on Kindle - I've got a long flight tomorrow. I wanted to read both Masters of Doom and Game Over but they're both tricky to get hold of, particularly the latter.

How can an ebook be tricky to get hold of?

Raising the Bar is the only one I can think of. About the development of Half Life 2

Stalk

There is a book I kickstarted from Read Only Memory, it only contains a 10,000 word foreword as the bulk but there is a ton of developer (Yu Suzuku so on) interviews... Interesting read. Bulky ass book too.

http://readonlymemory.vg/shop/book/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works/

Contains a lot of artwork and schematics as well.

After I typed all this I read Kindle. Whoops.

Learned a valuable lesson this eve.

Don't take partaketh of the medicinal herb and attempt to play at a driving range, one of the worst place in the world to be when you're hyper selfconscious and fighting to maintain control of your bodily functions.

420, blaze it peasants

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Rise of the video game zinesters
Theory of fun for game design
1001 video games you must play before you die
Speccy nation

Those are the ones I can see most easily from my kindle list. There's a section on the kindle store if I remember rightly.

Qasiel

Learned a valuable lesson this eve.

Don't take partaketh of the medicinal herb and attempt to play at a driving range, one of the worst place in the world to be when you're hyper selfconscious and fighting to maintain control of your bodily functions.

420, blaze it peasants

See, I'm going to have to do this now.

NinjaBoiX

Way late to the party on this one, just heard her in session on the Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show at the weekend and thought she was mint:

Juliette Ashby - Grow Like A Seed (live)

Any Wino fans in here should check this girl out, she's got a similar slightly rapping/jive talk style of delivery (with a softer, more feminine tone) and bags of swag. They were besties and occasional writing partners so I guess it's no surprise! Good stuff.

Qasiel

If the missus lets ya/doesn't find out, I heard she wasn't too happy with you puffing at Download

She wasn't happy because of my heart acting up and thought that was the cause. The thing is I even turned some down; it's why I didn't go to the Golden Gods with you guys.

But come on Mush, I do things to wind her up all the time. You of all people know that.

Edit: On a somewhat related note, I'm now going to a driving range tomorrow night with my brother...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Soon you'll be like that guy who "chose poorly" from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Donovan! "Germany declared war on the Jones boys."

...and what do you mean "soon"? I'm almost there already.

I'm afraid so.

Speaking of....whatever, are you coming to the meetup next month?
sayyessayyessayyessayyessayyessayyessayyessayyessayyessayyessayyessayyes

It is decidedly un-so, I'm afraid... no wonga. :(

Happy Birthday

Thanks!

Top Bottom