• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Looks a little bit like Peter Capaldi there. (I almost wrote Peter Sutcliffe, so I guess my brain has already decided how Ellis will tackle him.)

That's a Bond I could get behind.

"I've booked you in for the usual soapy tit wank farewell at No. 10, M."

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Whereas Skyfall lacked any kind of awareness whatsoever*, I imagine Ellis will acknowledge, account for and likely criticise that element of him.

*the worst bits are the fact she tells him she's been a sex slave since she was twelve (still has sex with her) and how nonplussed he is when she's shot in the head. I mean, at least he caught the baddie, right?

...right?

It is such a weird film.

They did brilliant with Vesper in CR - her dialogue and interactions with Bond are excellent. Even Olga Kurylenko's character in QoS is treated respectfully by the writers. But that shower scene... creepy.

Where's Sploatee?

Yeah you can.

ok. I suppose better wording is, I am surprised that people are allowing themselves to get this excited rather than express a good deal of skepticism given the series' previous entries and the director's previous entries.

NinjaBoiX

yVZKDrW.gif
y9A5v9P.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I created something beautiful that fateful day.

Speaking of creating something beautiful, more of you fuckers need to like and subscribe my channel. I'm trying to START something here.

I was joking about the 'Too Long'. I feel bad for not elaborating: I thought it was great.

Mikeside

I was joking about the 'Too Long'. I feel bad for not elaborating: I thought it was great.

I know you were, thanks mate :)

Next one in progress, should be going up before the weekend.
I'm going to try and sound less like I'm reading a script this time. Mostly by not writing and then reading a script.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I know you were, thanks mate :)

Next one in progress, should be going up before the weekend.
I'm going to try and sound less like I'm reading a script this time. Mostly by not writing and then reading a script.

Prompt cards, maybe? Good ones will keep you focused but give you room for your winning personality to shine through.

Mikeside

Prompt cards, maybe? Good ones will keep you focused but give you room for your winning personality to shine through.

I'm gonna try winging it
What I did for that video was to plan out 60 seconds of speech, then record.
For the next one I'm just going to talk about the game, then edit myself down to 60 seconds & see if that comes off more relaxed.

NinjaBoiX

I'm gonna try winging it
For the next one I'm just going to talk about the game, then edit myself down to 60 seconds & see if that comes off more relaxed.
Sounds like the best way Mike, the only fault I found was that it sounded a bit stiff which as Meat said isn't indicative of your personality.

And if all else fails, buy a brown sofa. ;)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna try winging it

That sounds good. Be sure to post it here.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Where's Sploatee?

Yo. I'm here!

It's the Manchester Literature Festival so I am knee-deep in poetry and criticism and words. It's glorious. My current obsessions are Baudelaire, Eliot (as always) and (not so much an obsession as a challenge) Marcuse. As well as the Ancient of Days and Wyndham Lewis (or the idea of Wyndham Lewis). I'm doing a zine thing and gonna use my bonus to print it off and scatter it through Manchester. It's amazing what you can do when you stop playing Destiny ho ho ho.

Also, mah band is taking shape too. 3rd rehearsal this weekend! feminist punk is joy and noise.

So, yeah, life and that. Gaming a lot less although I Iike to play Diablo and listen to Christopher Hitchens arguing. Rehab still on the go, although soon work will resume I hope.

I'm sure you only asked where I was rather than what I was doing, but what's the harm in me oversharing, eh?

You ok?

I've seen the Star Wars trailer 10 times I think now. Still good.

Mikeside

Yo. I'm here!

It's the Manchester Literature Festival so I am knee-deep in poetry and criticism and words. It's glorious. My current obsessions are Baudelaire, Eliot (as always) and (not so much an obsession as a challenge) Marcuse. As well as the Ancient of Days and Wyndham Lewis (or the idea of Wyndham Lewis). I'm doing a zine thing and gonna use my bonus to print it off and scatter it through Manchester. It's amazing what you can do when you stop playing Destiny ho ho ho.

Also, mah band is taking shape too. 3rd rehearsal this weekend! feminist punk is joy and noise.

So, yeah, life and that. Gaming a lot less although I Iike to play Diablo and listen to Christopher Hitchens arguing. Rehab still on the go, although soon work will resume I hope.

I'm sure you only asked where I was rather than what I was doing, but what's the harm in me oversharing, eh?

You ok?

You're the biggest hipster I've ever met. How can I be more like you?

Glad to hear things are going well, Splotasaur, but you've still not replied to my message from like, months ago. Are we good? I thought it best not to push, but I'm waiting on a catch-up

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well for starters you should jump on to cassette Mike. Everyone is going vinyl (for reasons I'll never understand) so it's basically mainstream. No one does cassette and as a bonus they're portable so you can show off your hipsterhood on the move. You should even change your name to Walkman Mikeside for added effect.

Mikeside

Well for starters you should jump on to cassette Mike. Everyone is going vinyl (for reasons I'll never understand) so it's basically mainstream. No one does cassette and as a bonus they're portable so you can show off your hipsterhood on the move. You should even change your name to Walkman Mikeside for added effect.

Fringe music formats are all mainstream now.
How about if I get a betamax and refuse to watch VHS, DVD, BluRay or video files?

Hey sploat, lots of good things going on for you! Will I ever get to hear your band?

I'm so bored. The office is dead 'cause of half term, and I'm off tomorrow 'cause I'm working at Comic con, so the day is just dragging now.

Lots to do tonight as well, got to make a start on the liquid latex part of my Halloween costume which I need to build up, plus catch up on Flash and Arrow. C'mon time, go quicker dammit!

How about if I get a betamax and refuse to watch VHS, DVD, BluRay or video files?

Don't listen to any music, watch any films or TV, ultimate hipster.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

So basically sticking to CD is now the ultimate hipster thing to do. How wack.

For films you want laserdisc.

Mikeside

Hey sploat, lots of good things going on for you! Will I ever get to hear your band?

I'm so bored. The office is dead 'cause of half term, and I'm off tomorrow 'cause I'm working at Comic con, so the day is just dragging now.

Lots to do tonight as well, got to make a start on the liquid latex part of my Halloween costume which I need to build up, plus catch up on Flash and Arrow. C'mon time, go quicker dammit!

but I love films, TV and music :(

I guess the hip life just ain't for me.

I watched the pilot of Supergirl the other day and surprisingly....pretty good.
What's the best comic book TV show to watch right now? (assuming I don't just want to ogle at pretty people, Musha, before you say Arrow for sex related reasons)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yo. I'm here!

You ok?

That's all bloody marvellous. Glad to hear you're doing good!

Post copies of the zine online so that us non-Manchester scabs can read it and bask in its wordly goodness.

I don't agree with everything he says but man do I love watching Hitchens doing his thing. Did you ever read the exchange between him and Chomsky? Teeth suckingly good.

I'm good, ta. All is Bloodbourne now.

but I love films, TV and music :(

I guess the hip life just ain't for me.

I watched the pilot of Supergirl the other day and surprisingly....pretty good.
What's the best comic book TV show to watch right now? (assuming I don't just want to ogle at pretty people, Musha, before you say Arrow for sex related reasons)

Arrow (and Flash). Not for sex related reasons.

Honestly, it is just brilliant.

Did you watch Daredevil?

NinjaBoiX

How did I only just listen to Black Sands? Holy shit it's amazing:

Bonobo - 1009

Somehow jarringly glitchy yet soothing and melodic at the same time. He's a musical savant.
Hayley Williams, she fronts tweeny, emo, pop-punk cheeseballs Paramore. She's also the smirking chick in my avatar.
Everyone is going vinyl (for reasons I'll never understand) so it's basically mainstream.
Some people insist that the bass is richer and you get a more full bodied sound from vinyl.

DJ's often prefer vinyl to CDJ's because they provide a more flexible, tactile experience for scratching and stuff. Plus, diggin' in the crates looks a lot cooler than pulling out a £3.99 polyethylene CD wallet.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
whoa this thread is alive!

Glad to hear things are going well, Splotasaur, but you've still not replied to my message from like, months ago. Are we good? I thought it best not to push, but I'm waiting on a catch-up

You should see the way I dress these days. I've also lost 2 stone. :-O

We are good. I'm sorry I missed it, it may have gotten lost in the swirl - please don't take it personally and message me if you'd like to chat!

Yes, I hope so! We're just working through 8 or 9 covers at the moment, some Bikini Kill, PJ Harvey, Chelsea Wolfe (the latter two were my choices), Le Tigre and Distillers. I think our bass dude recorded some stuff but he's not distributed it to us yet!

Costume sounds awesome :)

That's all bloody marvellous. Glad to hear you're doing good!

Post copies of the zine online so that us non-Manchester scabs can read it and bask in its wordly goodness.

I don't agree with everything he says but man do I love watching Hitchens doing his thing. Did you ever read the exchange between him and Chomsky? Teeth suckingly good.

I'm good, ta. All is Bloodbourne now.

Thanks! I will, if I am ever happy enough with it to allow others to eat it.

Me too, he is a phenomenon of nature when he gets going. No, but I totally will. I do like him vs George Galloway who I can now do a reasonable impression of: (SHOUTING IN SCOTTISH ACCENT): "You (5 second pause) were (5 second pause) an angel (5 second pause). You (5 second pause) are (5 second pause) now (5 second pause) a devil!".

Ah, tell me more! Recount to me your adventures so far!!!!

Hystzen

Just found out Fightstar are headlining Voodoo, a club night I'm going to for Halloween. This should be a laugh

Watching them Saturday night here in Manc. They actually really good which shocked me when heard them years ago. They massive Deftones fans and played around with that style before and new album fully dived into it. Plus Charlie is actually a cool guy chat to as is rest of band

AcridMeat

Banned
What's the costume this year?

And what are people's plans/costumes for this year in general? Halloween is my favorite holiday and a friend just invited me out for it which is nice because I thought I'd be a sad lonely boy for it. I've got a Fry costume on the ready, or I could wear a horribly fitting Flash costume, which got use in downtown SF once already.
Yes, I hope so! We're just working through 8 or 9 covers at the moment, some Bikini Kill, PJ Harvey, Chelsea Wolfe (the latter two were my choices), Le Tigre and Distillers. I think our bass dude recorded some stuff but he's not distributed it to us yet!
Very pleased to see things are on the up and up Sploatee! That's an excellent selection for bands to cover. Le Tigre and Bikini Kill are so fun.

Might I suggest a Joy Division cover just because. :D

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What's the costume this year?

And what are people's plans/costumes for this year in general? Halloween is my favorite holiday and a friend just invited me out for it which is nice because I thought I'd be a sad lonely boy for it. I've got a Fry costume on the ready, or I could wear a horribly fitting Flash costume, which got use in downtown SF once already.
Very pleased to see things are on the up and up Sploatee! That's an excellent selection for bands to cover. Le Tigre and Bikini Kill are so fun.

Might I suggest a Joy Division cover just because. :D

Thanks Acrid! I'm a little bit obsessed with Chelsea Wolfe too, she's my current favourite. It's funny you mention Joy Division as I've only recently made the jump from admiring them to loving them. I think Closer is my favourite of theirs.

I would suggest a cover but I think Joy Division are too "significant" and I'm not sure how our singer would do Ian Curtis (although I'm sure she could).

NinjaBoiX

Do Digital sploatee because it's mint.

Also, I love Joy Division but Ian Curtis has a fucking awful voice.

Quality dancer though, right Pete?

:p

8bit

Knows the Score
Thanks Acrid! I'm a little bit obsessed with Chelsea Wolfe too, she's my current favourite. It's funny you mention Joy Division as I've only recently made the jump from admiring them to loving them. I think Closer is my favourite of theirs.

I would suggest a cover but I think Joy Division are too "significant" and I'm not sure how our singer would do Ian Curtis (although I'm sure she could).

Do Atmosphere, it's got to be better than the Russ Abbott version.

AcridMeat

Banned

Ha! Funny coincidence. May Love Will Tear Us Apart?

Also Spiderwebs by No Doubt because that song rules.
Quality dancer though, right Pete?

:p
Hahahaha, I cherish that night dearly. I've been missing London quite a lot recently, may make a return next summer (and then room with shorty in Glasgow later). We'll see.

The_Poet

Banned
Dropped my phone and half the screen in stripy and unresponsive now :( :( :( :( :(

Ordered a new one but on top a speeding ticket and a broken desk chair I'm now officially skint.

Ive been getting my groove on to 80's R&B recently, some seriously good tunes I had forgot even existed, "Just be good to me" being a standout. I missed out on a lot of good music during my "I must only listen to 4 piece rock bands and dress to look like a baggy ballsack holding a skateboard" phase as a yoof.

Qasiel

I'm 30 years old and I still only listen to 4 piece rock bands and dress like a baggy ballsack. Traded the skateboard in for a longboard, though.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Poet.

Edit: New page will be forever cursed by a baggy ballsack.

Mikeside

I'm 30 years old and I still only listen to 4 piece rock bands and dress like a baggy ballsack. Traded the skateboard in for a longboard, though.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Poet.

Edit: New page will be forever cursed by a baggy ballsack.

Yeah but now you have a sweet gaming nook. Saw it in the other thread and did the nod of appreciation to myself.

I can't wait to buy a house and build the gaming room of my dreams.

Top Bottom