• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Qasiel

Hey man I enjoy Tipping Point and The Chase!

The Chase is amazing TV. Every time I catch it on I always hope it's the episode with Willi Wacker or Fanny Schmellar.

Edit: I miss Golden Balls. That was the greatest gameshow in the history of mankind due to it showing human nature at its ugliest. And it had Jasper Carrott who's awesome.

The Chase makes sense as a game show because the questions are difficult so it's fun to watch and play along.

In this episode of Tipping Point I watched, contestants were asked "how many hours are in a day?" That was an actual question on a television game show for adult humans.

Question 2: spell the word, "the."

Qasiel

I'm visiting my mum at the moment and there's a gameshow called "The Edge" on and it's basically bowls for cash.

Bring back Gladiators ffs.

NinjaBoiX

Miley Cyrus records an album with The Flaming Lips.

Has cover art apparently depicting a large amount of glittery semen being deposited on her face.

tMRWcLd.jpg

Of course.

SomTervo

I miss London every day that I'm not there.

Hope you get a chance to immigrate in.

Personally, I can't stand the place. I think London's a load of shite. Never enjoyed the atmosphere, never enjoyed the people, hated the prices and a lot of the culture. (Obviously painting with broad strokes here.) Been to/lived in so many better cities in the UK. Imo Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Manchester alone are infinitely better. None of the negatives, many of the positives.

The jobs thing is a biggie, though. Can't beat London for that.

Edit: went to Stockholm a couple of weeks back. Now that is a great fucking city. The Swedes just know their shit.

The Chase makes sense as a game show because the questions are difficult so it's fun to watch and play along.

In this episode of Tipping Point I watched, contestants were asked "how many hours are in a day?" That was an actual question on a television game show for adult humans.

Question 2: spell the word, "the."

No way. No way.

SomTervo

Som! What's happening?

Long weekend, my man. Consisting of gratuitous excess, and lackadaisical productivity dotted with artistic endeavours.

(Eating shit-tons of biscuits and barely working on music and vidyagame side-projects by procrastinating with Nathan Drake Collection/Dark Souls.)

HBU Meats?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Long weekend, my man. Consisting of gratuitous excess, and lackadaisical productivity dotted with artistic endeavours.

(Eating shit-tons of biscuits and barely working on music and vidyagame side-projects by procrastinating with Nathan Drake Collection/Dark Souls.)

HBU Meats?

Music? Vidyagames? Elaborate!

Me? Family shenanigans today and most certainly Bloodbourne/MGO this evening once everyone's sleeping. Tomorrow I get the place to myself and later hook up with some chums for a swift pint and a thorough drubbing of the day's big topics.

SomTervo

Music? Vidyagames? Elaborate!

Played some bluegrass with a pal - we go to a monthly hoedown in a nice pub which is always good, and try to bring some new choons each time. (We do a pretty badass version of this.) Today, going to play some music with my dad, work on some of his songs (he's a great songwriter).

And yeah I'm doing writing for a videogame! A relatively high impact one, too, which is interesting/terrifying. It's quite tough but a good experience. Found out earlier this week the last game I worked on (and my first foray) has been nominated for a Scottish BAFTA!

Me? Family shenanigans today and most certainly Bloodbourne/MGO this evening once everyone's sleeping. Tomorrow I get the place to myself and later hook up with some chums for a swift pint and a thorough drubbing of the day's big topics.

Sounds delectable. I'll probably be up late Uncharted'ing or MGO'ing myself so we should sesh. Kenshi_Ryden on PSN. Same goes for tomorrow daytime. Absolute luxury having a weekend with no big commitments.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Sorry, tried having a look for you but can't find any. I love them though, they look awesome, let me know if you find any!

:c

Thanks anyway! And yeah they are great. Super comfy and can look pretty good if you get the outfit right. Might ask my friend where he got his.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Played some bluegrass with a pal - we go to a monthly hoedown in a nice pub which is always good, and try to bring some new choons each time. (We do a pretty badass version of this.) Today, going to play some music with my dad, work on some of his songs (he's a great songwriter).

Gotta be quick fingered for Bluegrass! Sounds like a laugh. What sort of music does your dad do?

And yeah I'm doing writing for a videogame! A relatively high impact one, too, which is interesting/terrifying. It's quite tough but a good experience. Found out earlier this week the last game I worked on (and my first foray) has been nominated for a Scottish BAFTA!

Oh wow! Congratulations, man. How did you end up doing that?

Sounds delectable. I'll probably be up late Uncharted'ing or MGO'ing myself so we should sesh. Kenshi_Ryden on PSN. Same goes for tomorrow daytime. Absolute luxury having a weekend with no big commitments.

Oh hell yeah. Kiddies eat time and money like it's candy.

If I see you on, I'll give you a shout. I'm a wee bit Bloodbourne obsessed at the moment though, so don't take offence if I skip MGO till the morrow.

Hope you get a chance to immigrate in.

Personally, I can't stand the place. I think London's a load of shite. Never enjoyed the atmosphere, never enjoyed the people, hated the prices and a lot of the culture. (Obviously painting with broad strokes here.) Been to/lived in so many better cities in the UK. Imo Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Manchester alone are infinitely better. None of the negatives, many of the positives.

The jobs thing is a biggie, though. Can't beat London for that.

Edit: went to Stockholm a couple of weeks back. Now that is a great fucking city. The Swedes just know their shit.

Man, I just can't tell with London any more, I used to enjoy visiting as a kid (obviously), and to an extent I still do, I looove cities, but I just don't think London clicks with me anymore - it's so sprawling and spread out with no 24-hour transport (other than night busses) that getting around just seems to turn into a bit of an effort. Part of the problem is that I probably keep comparing it to other cities I've been to like NYC, which is just so easy to get around - everything just feels within reach.

I also went to Stockholm over the summer and thought it was fucking wonderful!!!

Qasiel

Man, I just can't tell with London any more, I used to enjoy visiting as a kid (obviously), and to an extent I still do, I looove cities, but I just don't think London clicks with me anymore - it's so sprawling and spread out with no 24-hour transport (other than night busses) that getting around just seems to turn into a bit of an effort. Part of the problem is that I probably keep comparing it to other cities I've been to like NYC, which is just so easy to get around - everything just feels within reach.

I also went to Stockholm over the summer and thought it was fucking wonderful!!!

24-hour tubes are coming soon. Not that it helps for us "South-of-the-river" types.

SomTervo

Gotta be quick fingered for Bluegrass! Sounds like a laugh. What sort of music does your dad do?

Hard to explain. Like a Scottish Louden Wainwright? So it goes from blues to jazz and even to funk, but it's all got a core of quirky, funny Scottish songwriting. He's in his 60s and his only getting better, which is pretty amazing. A couple of his recent lyrics have been heartbreaking/tearjerking.

Oh wow! Congratulations, man. How did you end up doing that?

Friend at university spent 4 years making the game - but he's not a native English speaker and the narrative was a bit embryonic. So in the last few months of production I came in and helped him revamp it a bit. 95% of the credit is his - I just gave some polish and general improvements.

Oh hell yeah. Kiddies eat time and money like it's candy.

If I see you on, I'll give you a shout. I'm a wee bit Bloodbourne obsessed at the moment though, so don't take offence if I skip MGO till the morrow.

I know the feel - I'm doing the same with Dark Souls on PC atm, so you do your Yarnham-style thing!

Such a good place, right?

Yeah London's price of travel + awkwardness of travel is absurd. My partner is training down there right now and if she fails at planning one journey/stop, BAM she's hit with a £35 taxi to get where she needs to go. We're not long in professional work so that's a bitter as fuck pill.

24-hour tubes are coming soon. Not that it helps for us "South-of-the-river" types.

That is a big improvement.

Yeah London's price of travel + awkwardness of travel is absurd. My partner is training down there right now and if she fails at planning one journey/stop, BAM she's hit with a £35 taxi to get where she needs to go. We're not long in professional work so that's a bitter as fuck pill.

Sounds like your partner needs to plan better/learn to read the tube maps or something, I've lived here 9 years and never had that problem.

I love London. It's no where near perfect for sure, but I've visited most of the UK's major cities and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Like I always said dude.....

Qasiel

Like I always said dude.....

Yeah I'm not moving to North, dude. To be fair, where I am now is pretty decent; 30-minute cycle to work, close to family etc. If I wanted a place that's like mine North of the river I'd need to win the lottery or something.

And as we both know, my next move is totally going to be to Cornwall ;)

SomTervo

Sounds like your partner needs to plan better/learn to read the tube maps or something, I've lived here 9 years and never had that problem.

I love London. It's no where near perfect for sure, but I've visited most of the UK's major cities and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

That's totally fair enough.

But why?

PS in her defence she's on a high-end journalism training scheme and is literally having to rush across the city at incredibly short notice to do sudden interviews/shoots. It's a 1-week intense course, she's been to London many times before and hasn't had any issues with transport any other time (besides the absurd prices). I was being facetious, I guess :p

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I find it odd that folks are even comparing NYC to London. NYCs metro is horrible. Dirty, nearly always broken and late, trains way too far apart and not even close to servicing large enough parts of the city. Granted, I have a relatively small sample size of both cities under my belt, but the Underground was definitely one of the enormous pluses in London's favor. Of course, I don't live in a place with stupendous public transit, so perhaps I'm not the best judge of how it should work. But as a complete newb I was able to figure out the entire transit system in less than a day and they got me everywhere I wanted to go and they weren't late a single time for the (again short) seven days I was there, morning, day or evening.

That's painful man, I feel like I have to leave for places so early just in case there are issues, which makes every trip super long.

I suppose it comes with being the first major "modern" city (I think), it just wasn't planned this far in advance...

Also, isn't the 24 hour tube service only on Friday / Saturday nights or something?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I really can't believe people are excited for the new star wars.

It is really cool that they've got Boyaga and, to a lesser extent, Daisy Ridley and Oscar Isaac, but it is still a JJ Abrams film. And a Star Wars film.

I know this reads very snobbish and maybe it is. I just don't understand.

Skele7on

Banned
Same, where you seeing it? We're going to Empire Leicester Square imax 3d

My local iMax cinema going 2d though as couple buddies can't handle 3D but will no doubt go see it again probably the same day/week in 3D hopefully at the waterloo one.

I just went back to look and seems odeon has taken down bookings lol

Volotaire

I would like to see it in IMAX, but was the film even partly recorded in IMAX? Plus, I'm not a fan of wearing 3D glasses when watching films. BFI is the closest to me.

My local iMax cinema going 2d though as couple buddies can't handle 3D but will no doubt go see it again probably the same day/week in 3D hopefully at the waterloo one.

I just went back to look and seems odeon has taken down bookings lol

Odeon were a nightmare this morning. I kept getting partway through the booking, even selecting my seats, then it would crash or hang. I really thought I was going to miss out until Qasiel told me to try Empire.

Got through and booked 4 seats with no problem, then found out I got the 4 seats right behind him!

This is the only time I will be grateful to the Empire.

Skele7on

Banned
Odeon were a nightmare this morning. I kept getting partway through the booking, even selecting my seats, then it would crash or hang. I really thought I was going to miss out until Qasiel told me to try Empire.

Got through and booked 4 seats with no problem, then found out I got the 4 seats right behind him!

This is the only time I will be grateful to the Empire.

I hate empire but at least they hooked you up this time....

I had an awesome thought they now sell beer in cinema's

MAY THE BEERS BE WITH YOU.

Skele7on

Banned
Spectre is apparently 2½ hours long, even longer than Skyfall. James Bond can fuck right off.

James Bond is a middle class wank into an old outdated personalized handkerchief.

It's like a film version of Top Gear, I just find myself wanting Bond dead every time

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully he'll be less of a middle class murdering rapist than how the films usually are.

"Hey hot girl in the shower, just gonna slide in here."

I've got a licence ya know, a sex offenders one.

Whereas Skyfall lacked any kind of awareness whatsoever*, I imagine Ellis will acknowledge, account for and likely criticise that element of him.

*the worst bits are the fact she tells him she's been a sex slave since she was twelve (still has sex with her) and how nonplussed he is when she's shot in the head. I mean, at least he caught the baddie, right?

...right?

Top Bottom