• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I love the NQ for food! Koffee Pot, V Revs, Nexus and loads more!

Jonathan, you win all the sweets.

WHEN I PLAY TENNIS I OFTEN USE THE LOB

Please please people say you watch this!

Britgaf is mine! All mine! This thread belongs to me now!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I have no idea what this is but I want to...

Err. Sploat. The bad news, for you, is I might be moving up your way. Two of my daughters say so, which is kind of close to a majority.

But if you want to rule the entire universe for a thousand years or something I'd appreciate a heads-up as that might sway the decision a bit. Besides, ain't it cold up North?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Err. Sploat. The bad news, for you, is I might be moving up your way. Two of my daughters say so, which is kind of close to a majority.

But if you want to rule the entire universe for a thousand years or something I'd appreciate a heads-up as that might sway the decision a bit. Besides, ain't it cold up North?

The news of thy potential arrival gladdens my heart. I shall show thee the jewels that Manchester keep'st neath its gloom and fog! By such is meant its finery, its winery and its jollity, not those obscure parts that slatterns doth give freely! Today, good Sir Sheep, the North rejoices.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The news of thy potential arrival gladdens my heart. I shall show thee the jewels that Manchester keep'st neath its gloom and fog! By such is meant its finery, its winery and its jollity, not those obscure parts that slatterns doth give freely! Today, good Sir Sheep, the North rejoices.

Yeah, thought you might say something like that. I was thinking somewhere safe-ish like Southport.

I have no idea what's going on anymore.

You too?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Do you not know, Sir Side? Zounds! From time do time's times give and take time. Think on't!

Yeah, thought you might say something like that. I was thinking somewhere safe-ish like Southport.

You too?

Southport, you say? A sleepy hamlet? Nay, good Sir Sheep, cometh thou to Manchester and in such coming find thy metier! As the sun doth do not shine, I find this most displeasing.

Mikeside

I remember you meeting Matt Lees. I was just stood to the side wondering who the hell he was and why you were fanboying so hard.

I wasn't fanboying, I was just kickstarting our friendship. He didn't (and still doesn't) know we're destined to be bestest friends forever, so I had to do twice the work.

Jordan

So, I haven't posted in a while and I have a lot to talk about!

So first of all, I watched the new documentary "Amy" the other day. I love Amy Winehouse as an artist and it's such a shame that her life spiralled out of control and there was very little she could do about it. For any fans of Amy Winehouse, please go and watch the movie/documentary. It's a little bit on the heartbreaking side, but the music in phenomenal.

r6KQSZy.jpg

Secondly, I bought Fallout 4 on a whim and have never played a fallout before, so I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into it. Not sure how I'll fare against the open worldness and exploration, but it definitely looks like a good game.

Thirdly, I just got offered a new job! Woohoo

AcridMeat

Banned
That's all fantastic Jordan! Congrats on the job. Fallout is an absolute time sink, you'll find random interesting shit to do all over, so my recommendation is explore, don't mainline the main quest unless you're ready to finish it.

As for me the same friend who recommended Peep Show to me years and years ago recently told me about an Amazon Prime show Catastrophe. Watched the first couple episodes and it's really good, if anyone has prime give it a shot.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Starting a job tonight, very nervous as it's gonna be hella busy and the till is from the dark ages.

Please don't be shit

God knows why this didn't make it onto the Jackie Brown OST, it's one of the best tracks in the film:

The Meters - Cissy Strut

If this doesn't rustle your dancing shoes you probably need to sprinkle some more funk on your toast.

One of my fave meters track, on the subject of funk I'm digging fred wesley atm

I'm back futhermuckers.

I don't have Battlefront.

I do have Fallout 4 and currently like it less than Skyrim.

I don't like Matt Lees.

I do have a new mp3 player after my previous device was taken at the point of a blunt knife by urban yoofs.

I do have a new appreciation for the musical stylings of Tangerine Dream after watching a few films they have scored.

I will be an uncle next year.

Where and when are we celebrating the birth of Jesus, our Lord and Saviour through the ritual imbibing of inhibition defying cocktails?

Have some music I know you will feel ambivolent about at best you pieces of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsoIFdXjFA4

I'm back futhermuckers.

I don't have Battlefront.

I do have Fallout 4 and currently like it less than Skyrim.

I don't like Matt Lees.

I do have a new mp3 player after my previous device was taken at the point of a blunt knife by urban yoofs.

I do have a new appreciation for the musical stylings of Tangerine Dream after watching a few films they have scored.

I will be an uncle next year.

Where and when are we celebrating the birth of Jesus, our Lord and Saviour through the ritual imbibing of inhibition defying cocktails?

Have some music I know you will feel ambivolent about at best you pieces of shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsoIFdXjFA4

Welcome back

Yeah I really need to get the Xmas meet up thread up. I did ask if anyone else wanted to do it as I'll be joining late but no takers yet.... anyone?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Alack! I seek'st to play't, but am verily waiting for the price to droppeth.

Ho wench!

In earnest, Sploatee... art thee perhaps in your gaming perfidiousness being wilfully ignorant for fear of being drawn back into the catalysmic world of Yharnam? Surely the glorious Bloodbourne DLC wilt keepeth thee more than occupied till the price drops on the wonderous 'War among the Stars', eh?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is there a UK Black Friday thread?

Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm moving house next week and need a few bits.

Some sites will use it as an excuse just to have another sale, but the general highstreet stores likely won't. We have Boxing Day for that.

Nodnol

Oyyy. Why did this have to become a thing over here?

I very nearly made a comment about American imports, but given the wider community here, didn't think it was totally warranted.

I'm all for cheap deals that fall perfectly for when I'm moving!

Need a freezer, a tv stand of some description, maybe a new TV if I can find a good deal, maybe some thing bits.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ho wench!

In earnest, Sploatee... art thee perhaps in your gaming perfidiousness being wilfully ignorant for fear of being drawn back into the catalysmic world of Yharnam? Surely the glorious Bloodbourne DLC wilt keepeth thee more than occupied till the price drops on the wonderous 'War among the Stars', eh?

The meat that screams!

Thine sense is unassailable. Alas, I seek to partake in the game less these days and mine time when employed in jeux is taken mostly by Civilization 4 and Diablo. It sits on my horizon for the new year, as doth the aforementioned 'War among the Stars'.

The two games that might sway my resolve are the witness and no man's sky. Alas, there is still much time to pass before they come to pass. If they do even come to pass.

Fare thee well?

The meat that screams!

Thine sense is unassailable. Alas, I seek to partake in the game less these days and mine time when employed in jeux is taken mostly by Civilization 4 and Diablo. It sits on my horizon for the new year, as doth the aforementioned 'War among the Stars'.

The two games that might sway my resolve are the witness and no man's sky. Alas, there is still much time to pass before they come to pass. If they do even come to pass.

Fare thee well?

Verily, this jape has been run into ye olde ground.

Civ 4 is good though.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Civ 4 is good though.

'Tis no jape! I am reading the sonnets and they have chang'd my speech in a permanent fashion!

FINE

KILLJOY

Yes, 'tis rather. It's taken me away from Diablo on the PS4 for a while, I just have to use the in-game alarm to make sure I don't neglect all of the other things in my life.

Civ games are the ultimate in compulsive distraction.

But they are methodical and educational! There are things Civilization III taught me about history that I would not have known before or since I went to school.

There was this one time I won a big fat block of dairy milk for being the only one in my class enlightened enough to name all 7 Wonders of the Ancient World.

I was like "No you cretins, the Great Wall of China does not count. Do you even Mausoleum at Halicarnassus?" Were it not for the deeds of Sid Meier, I may never have gorged myself on said delicacy nor inspired such awe amongst my peers.

CCS

Banned
Civ games are the ultimate in compulsive distraction.

But they are methodical and educational! There are things Civilization III taught me about history that I would not have known before or since I went to school.

There was this one time I won a big fat block of dairy milk for being the only one in my class enlightened enough to name all 7 Wonders of the Ancient World.

I was like "No you cretins, the Great Wall of China does not count. Do you even Mausoleum at Halicarnassus?" Were it not for the deeds of Sid Meier, I may never have gorged myself on said delicacy nor inspired such awe amongst my peers.

Civ games are wonderful. They are also one of the deepest rabbit holes I have ever gone down. It's actually scary how much time I've spent playing them.

Alack! I seek'st to play't, but am verily waiting for the price to droppeth.

Thou art better at this than I

Ho wench!

Thou as well

Civ 4 is good though.

Spoilsport

This jape dost remind mineself of ye old meme of texts from Thor where he dost speaketh akin to this

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The meat that screams!

Fare thee well?

Thy resolve tis understandable. In Yharnham we might has't fought the beast side-by-side as comrades in arms. But, alas, I bow to thy superior wisdom in such circumstances as these. Perhaps, in time, we might findeth another field upon which we can tease the gates of Valhalla open and shit upon Death's tongue with wild abandon?

Grant you mercy, I am well and warm. Gow now, fair maiden?

Civ 4 is good though.

And Lo, our meagre mad-bred warblings must cease. No excit'ment permitted.

As the board descends once more unto abject and glacial misery, we await with breath baited another of Bandit's loquacious litanies detailing the minutiae of his foible-ridden room mate's crimes against him and the many poxes that our fair and gentle Bandit wishes upon their neanderthal brows. I can't attend all the belly-laughs and guffaws to cometh.

This jape dost remind mineself of ye old meme of texts from Thor where he dost speaketh akin to this

I always wanted Thor to do a Pantene advert: "Verily, thou art worth it!"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thou art better at this than I

Nay! Tis only because I am reading the work of Shakespeare! Truly he belongs with Lando amongst the clouds.

Thy resolve tis understandable. In Yharnham we might has't fought the beast side-by-side as comrades in arms. But, alas, I bow to thy superior wisdom in such circumstances as these. Perhaps, in time, we might findeth another field upon which we can tease the gates of Valhalla open and shit upon Death's tongue with wild abandon?

Grant you mercy, I am well and warm. Gow now, fair maiden?

it!"

Art thou familiar with the game of Diablo? Although it pertains to the cankerous wellspring of the evil ones, it is most enjoyable in a casual manner.

Aside from that, I know not what games there are for bands of players that do not involve sport or shooting from the first person.

Your mention of Thor brought warm feelings to my heart.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Art thou familiar with the game of Diablo? Although it pertains to the cankerous wellspring of the evil ones, it is most enjoyable in a casual manner.

Aside from that, I know not what games there are for bands of players that do not involve sport or shooting from the first person.

Your mention of Thor brought warm feelings to my heart.

I hath heard herald of this Diablo.

Once, in time much passed hadst I briefly dabbled with the free demonstration provided. I admit a certain curiosity regarding the character of the Monk, a gent that looked jolly and most playful. However, I must question if 't be true I'd like the game though nor beest able to conqueror my current back log which is very much vast, lest I waste away more time and pennies that I am lack of.

That scurvy Diablo reminded me much of Gauntlet. Doth thee recall that one...?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I hath heard herald of this Diablo.

Once, in time much passed hadst I briefly dabbled with the free demonstration provided. I admit a certain curiosity regarding the character of the Monk, a gent that looked jolly and most playful. However, I must question if 't be true I'd like the game though nor beest able to conqueror my current back log which is very much vast, lest I waste away more time and pennies that I am lack of.

That scurvy Diablo reminded me much of Gauntlet. Doth thee recall that one...?

Ah yes! Dost thou have PlayStation plus? I believe 'tis next month's free game!

Probably late with this one, but I'm glad ASDA aren't doing Black Friday. I have no idea why British Retail feels the need to do a Black Friday.

And Lo, our meagre mad-bred warblings must cease. No excit'ment permitted.

As the board descends once more unto abject and glacial misery, we await with breath baited another of Bandit's loquacious litanies detailing the minutiae of his foible-ridden room mate's crimes against him and the many poxes that our fair and gentle Bandit wishes upon their neanderthal brows. I can't attend all the belly-laughs and guffaws to cometh.

u wot m8

Well, I still hate Luigi bitterly. Things have escalated slightly and I've achieved two deliciously passive aggressive victories over his stupid Italian face recently.

Things hit a new level when he decided to start using my shower (two bathrooms in the house, one upstairs where the other four guys live and one downstairs for me.) So three times in the last two weeks he's made me late for work by using my shower and spending a good twenty minutes in there, talking to himself loudly. When I go to use the upstairs shower, I find there's not enough pressure or warm water. Everyone else in the house says the upstairs shower works fine so long as only one person uses it at a time so Luigi is actively choosing my shower when there is one available

So the other day, I heard him stirring and knew that I had but mere moments before he made me choose between being clean and getting to work on time. The stairs began to creak under the weight of his worthlessness as he descended. I flung open my bedroom door, towel over my bare shoulder and said cheerfully "Good Morning!" before slamming the bathroom door shut.

My second victory came during a bout of windy weather we've had in the last few days. Luigi arrived home from work, bellowing to himself about "dis fuckken WEEND". He was moving bags between his car and his house when the front door blew shut. I knew exactly what had happened but pretended not to hear him knocking to get back in. After about five minutes I let him back in. Such is the strength of my deception that he actually believed I hadn't heard him.

One of these days he'll learn not to fuck with me.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
u wot m8

Well, I still hate Luigi bitterly. Things have escalated slightly and I've achieved two deliciously passive aggressive victories over his stupid Italian face recently.

Things hit a new level when he decided to start using my shower (two bathrooms in the house, one upstairs where the other four guys live and one downstairs for me.) So three times in the last two weeks he's made me late for work by using my shower and spending a good twenty minutes in there, talking to himself loudly. When I go to use the upstairs shower, I find there's not enough pressure or warm water. Everyone else in the house says the upstairs shower works fine so long as only one person uses it at a time so Luigi is actively choosing my shower when there is one available

So the other day, I heard him stirring and knew that I had but mere moments before he made me choose between being clean and getting to work on time. The stairs began to creak under the weight of his worthlessness as he descended. I flung open my bedroom door, towel over my bare shoulder and said cheerfully "Good Morning!" before slamming the bathroom door shut.

My second victory came during a bout of windy weather we've had in the last few days. Luigi arrived home from work, bellowing to himself about "dis fuckken WEEND". He was moving bags between his car and his house when the front door blew shut. I knew exactly what had happened but pretended not to hear him knocking to get back in. After about five minutes I let him back in. Such is the strength of my deception that he actually believed I hadn't heard him.

One of these days he'll learn not to fuck with me.

Genius. You gaslight with gusto. Truly, you are the Machiavelli of Room Mates.

Ah yes! Dost thou have PlayStation plus? I believe 'tis next month's free game!

Diablo or Guantlet?

(Sorry, I've lost the Will to Shakespeare!)

Top Bottom