• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Nay! Tis only because I am reading the work of Shakespeare! Truly he belongs with Lando amongst the clouds.

Star Wars references always warm my heart :)

Talking of Black Friday, I have a few friends who plan to do a lot of their Xmas shopping tomorrow. I've already done all of mine so doesn't affect me. The thing is, it's never the stuff you actually want that's discounted, it's usually rubbish the retailers can't sell anyway, but because you think you're getting a great deal you happily splash your pennies on crap your friends won't want feeling good about yourself because saving a few quid means more than getting your loved ones something they'd actually want.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Genius. You gaslight with gusto. Truly, you are the Machiavelli of Room Mates.

Diablo or Guantlet?

(Sorry, I've lost the Will to Shakespeare!)

Gauntlet!

They wouldn't give Diablo as it costs more than £15. If I didn't play it online I'd probs cancel my ps+ tbh. I just never play the free games.

NinjaBoiX

Alright, BritGAF?

Good weekend?
Not bad. Was at work both nights but I got to see my mate DJ on Saturday and had a game of poker with the lads on Sunday.

Having my night out tonight like a normal, well adjusted human being.

Did you have a good 'un?

Xun

Fantastic week off spent in Prague for my birthday along with relaxing at home and now I'm back to reality. :'(

At least the Christmas break is fast approaching I guess...

Jordan

What does Smart Casual mean in terms of dress code at work. Everywhere has conflicting arguments and I didn't get to see the staff as I went for an interview.
Some places say denim, some say no denim.

The awkward moment when you can't choose your own clothes :(

What does Smart Casual mean in terms of dress code at work. Everywhere has conflicting arguments and I didn't get to see the staff as I went for an interview.

No denim, trousers and normally a shirt but you don't have to wear a tie

8bit

Knows the Score

Nice shirt, balls out.

Jordan

No denim, trousers and normally a shirt but you don't have to wear a tie

Nice shirt, balls out.

Thanks Darlings

FZ67bQK.gif

Alright, BritGAF?

Good weekend?

It was a bit blistery up here, but other than that it was a canny weekend that was finished with a class homemade Hot Chocolate my Wife made as we sat down and watched Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire with the old blankets. Dog was also there.

NinjaBoiX

That was pretty good!
Ha, I figured it would be your cup of tea mate. Saw them at Carefully Planned Festival a few months back, could've seen them at Deaf Institute a couple of weeks ago too but I had other plans.

They're nice guys too, the drummer is proper sound, she tipped my a tenner for two beers.
42nd Street in Manchester is amazing.
Still never been to 42's, I feel like I'm a bit old for it now, like Factory, Sankey's and 5th Ave. Liar's Club, Mojo's, Sound Control, Antwerp Mansion, The Warehouse Project, that's more my speed these days!

Obligatory big up to Mint Lounge, my home away from home.

I still need to check out Dive and Texture in NQ though, not had the chance doing bar work this time of year.

CCS

Banned
Ha, I figured it would be your cup of tea mate. Saw them at Carefully Planned Festival a few months back, could've seen them at Deaf Institute a couple of weeks ago too but I had other plans.

They're nice guys too, the drummer is proper sound, she tipped my a tenner for two beers.

Still never been to 42's, I feel like I'm a bit old for it now, like Factory, Sankey's and 5th Ave. Liar's Club, Mojo's, Sound Control, Antwerp Mansion, The Warehouse Project, that's more my speed these days!

Obligatory big up to Mint Lounge, my home away from home.

I still need to check out Dive and Texture in NQ though, not had the chance doing bar work this time of year.

Shall have to try and get to some of those. 42's does alcoholic slushies which is an automatic win in my book :p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Woo! The announcement of Rez Infinite means I now have 3 games to look forward to during the next year.

(Was no man's sky and the witness)

No other games appeal. I think I'm losing my gamingness slowly. I don't even care about Dark Souls 3 or Uncharted 4.

I might pick up Star Wars though at some point maybe March ish.

Sold my Wii U, 3ds and PS3 too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for reminding me of it!

No, I'm curious but not that bothered at the mo. I've heard it's good though.

I guess I'm just a bit game jaded at the mo. Everything just feels like iterations of the same thing. :-/

Thanks for reminding me of it!

No, I'm curious but not that bothered at the mo. I've heard it's good though.

I guess I'm just a bit game jaded at the mo. Everything just feels like iterations of the same thing. :-/

Someone who's looking forward to The Witness will love it, I reckon. I was really dubious going in about how good the "philosophy" stuff could really be (gamers are impressed by bloody anything a bit different) but it's actually really well done.

Probably my game of the year if we pretend the PC version didn't come out in 2014.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Someone who's looking forward to The Witness will love it, I reckon. I was really dubious going in about how good the "philosophy" stuff could really be (gamers are impressed by bloody anything a bit different) but it's actually really well done.

Probably my game of the year if we pretend the PC version didn't come out in 2014.

On my radar, it is. :)

-

Of course canal st is the best! Queers are the best!

Queer supremacists unite!

NinjaBoiX

The best thing about Canal Street is that it's always open late. If I'm after post work drinks I would usually go to Blackdog Ballroom as it's just round the corner or Liars if we're up for a bit of a boogie, but it's nice to know there are other early morning options!

Crazy Pedros is always a good shout too, best pizza in Manchester for my money.

Mr Git

Flooding is still pretty bad up here but we've finally regained electricity yay. Yesterday was like a brief apocalypse.

Skele7on

Banned
My work party was amazing, so much fun.

My super christmas suit went down a treat too.

Saturday was horrendous I had to sleep all day to just try not die.

Seeing as I have only been at the company a month

I think I made a good impression got wasted, stayed till 2:30am didn't spill a drink or throw up on anyone
got my pre booked cab home, a lot of people whom I don't remember saying hello today so that's also a plus.

Top Bottom